Thread: Wouldn't it be great if..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Wouldn't it be great if..

We could buy plat legally in-game

How?
    In the trade window have an "offer plat" option. The player then adds plat the same way they trade gold.

Why?
    A lot of us in-game are broke irl and really want plat. This idea is a great way for people with no cash to get plat and those with lots of cash to make money off of plat.

Or maybe its just me. If so ignore this post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I can already see the threads.. 'ZOMG I got scammed xxxx plat by xxxx!!!11!!!1!!'

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Um, no. Then plat would be useless to sell for money if people are circulating it. Imo.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The same way ppl get scammed gold right?
    And plat is still useful. The plat-gold exchange would be raised from the low rate it is now.

Just a suggestion btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I'd like it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

There's not really any good reason not to have plat be tradeable just like everything else. However, there is one important reason that STS wants to keep the current system. As it stands, people can't get anything that plat can buy without putting real money into the game. (Ok, they can do free offers for very small amounts of plat, but for anything of substance you have to fork over cold, hard cash.) This forces people to put money into STS's pocket or else forever stay "out in the cold" plat-wise. And that pressure to buy in creates extra customers for STS.

It would be a dramatic change if suddenly people with extra plat could trade it to those without. All that plat sitting around gathering dust for people who overbought would suddenly be able to leap out to those who wanted it. A real market for plat would be a win for everyone except STS, which profits from plat being unable to be moved around in the form of extra plat sales.

It's a great idea, but it'll never happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    There's not really any good reason not to have plat be tradeable just like everything else. However, there is one important reason that STS wants to keep the current system. As it stands, people can't get anything that plat can buy without putting real money into the game. (Ok, they can do free offers for very small amounts of plat, but for anything of substance you have to fork over cold, hard cash.) This forces people to put money into STS's pocket or else forever stay "out in the cold" plat-wise. And that pressure to buy in creates extra customers for STS.

It would be a dramatic change if suddenly people with extra plat could trade it to those without. All that plat sitting around gathering dust for people who overbought would suddenly be able to leap out to those who wanted it. A real market for plat would be a win for everyone except STS, which profits from plat being unable to be moved around in the form of extra plat sales.

Yea, that was something I thought about but I figured 2 things:
    1. STS could just try it, (all games try things, doesnt mean they stick around), and see how it goes.
    2. The people who don't have money in-game would still buy plat to begin with, and those that sell plat would be 1-so enthralled by the money that they buy more plat for quick easy money, or 2-they would sell it all and find themselves needing more plat but not necessarily wanting to pay for it with in-game currency so they buy with their irl cash.
    Idk the exact logistics or everything that would come with this idea but I thought about it a while and I just thought it sounded like a great idea...

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'd like it, but that would plummet STS' profits down the drain.

I know it's unfair and disappointing when those aren't on the wealthy side. Try saving up free plat through the W3I offers, and check it regularly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

True, it'd be nice lol. Usually I'll buy a $100 iTunes card and buy 2K plat :P. Some may say it's a waste of money BUT if you're dedicated to PL, then it's really no problem. I won't do it all the time...only when I'm trying to cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iphoneington View Post
    True, it'd be nice lol. Usually I'll buy a $100 iTunes card and buy 2K plat :P. Some may say it's a waste of money BUT if you're dedicated to PL, then it's really no problem. I won't do it all the time...only when I'm trying to cap.
    Oh, I thought you used all that plat to buy all the vanities...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Lol, I do own quote a few of the new and old vanities:P But 2K plat will go a long way if used wisely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Maybe STS could make a NPC like Torri the Teller but it could be her sister. Torri exchanges plat for gold and her sister could exchange gold for plat. This would allow people to buy plat with gold, but would make it so STS wouldn't have to get all those complaints about plat trade scams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kcimythgim View Post
    Maybe STS could make a NPC like Torri the Teller but it could be her sister. Torri exchanges plat for gold and her sister could exchange gold for plat. This would allow people to buy plat with gold, but would make it so STS wouldn't have to get all those complaints about plat trade scams.
    Sounds Good to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

No. This is a horrible suggestion to be honest. I know you are just trying to do good to those who cant afford platinum...

But this would literally give those people who are rich in real life a massive advantage over everyone else. I'm pretty sure I rather level 2x slower or don't have a 500 plat retarded giraffe helm equipped than seing the real life rich fat kids controlling the whole economy.

I doubt it would be such a big loss for STS, since they don't really make money of those who buy 30 platinum every 3 months (those people would also be the ones buying platinum with gold). RL rich people would buy even more platinum this way and STS would make more money... Just a theory though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twink View Post
    No. This is a horrible suggestion to be honest. I know you are just trying to do good to those who cant afford platinum...

But this would literally give those people who are rich in real life a massive advantage over everyone else. I'm pretty sure I rather level 2x slower or don't have a 500 plat retarded giraffe helm equipped than seing the real life rich fat kids controlling the whole economy.

I doubt it would be such a big loss for STS, since they don't really make money of those who buy 30 platinum every 3 months (those people would also be the ones buying platinum with gold). RL rich people would buy even more platinum this way and STS would make more money... Just a theory though.
    Be kind with your words. It's not necessarily a horrible suggestion; it's all about perspective.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post

It is true that plat trading will never happen.

But to actually think of it, it might actually work in some cases. Some players will never be able platinum. In most cases due to facts that A) person is young and mommy and daddy won't let him buy plat. B) The principle idea of spending real money into a videogame.

Sure, most especially end gamers do buy platinum but the platinum purchasers are still a minority.

I would personally want to see how it would go, as a test perhaps. But we all do recognize that STS would never risk their source of money.