Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Stop the Madness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The difficulty of the elite dungeons are the problem. The economy wasn't broken before the Kraken update...if anything it's much worse now because not as many people are running elite pugs. By making the elite modes so difficult you alienate the bulk of your player base who isn't very good.

The normal maps are fine, a good player of any class can solo all the way through skull cove at level 23 (and obliterate it at 26 with 26 gear). Still, most players in a pug are so bad (face pounders, pound face against keyboard to control character) that getting through a normal map is an agonizing process, much less an elite map. What's the solution? Either dumb down the content or make elite maps for elite level players only and progression based (have to do elite maps in order). Unless a level 25 is in the best gear possible he has no business in an elite dungeon.

You can't make everyone happy, and it seems like no one is happy with the elite map system. Devs spend all this time making elite maps that no one wants to run because they take too long for what you get. Make the maps elite only, with class specific drop tables that aren't sellable (common purple, and rare purples) and still have a chance to drop chests. The loot doesn't need to be best, and you already have this in place with the weapon/armor drops on the bosses for Kraken, why not push it to the next level?

Making content harder without increasing the reward doesn't really make sense, make elite maps elite only with guaranteed special class specific drops that can't be sold or traded people will run maps over and over to get that rare drop.
    Last edited by Khylan; 04-03-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

What you're suggesting would ruin the games mechanics...you can't make purples more common, because rerolls would be pinks every time, and if everyone had the elite pinks from the maps they'd be worthless, golden chests would be worthless(they're a purple) and then the pinks, mythics, and arcanes from those chests would be cheap(pinks would be worthless). This argument always comes up...the game wouldn't become easier, it'd be the same thing. The longer the expansion is out the more worthless the gear would become. Items go down together, unless updated specifically....just because you are rewarded with less money from a pink doesn't mean it has a lesser value, because all pinks are cheaper.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    What you're suggesting would ruin the games mechanics...you can't make purples more common, because rerolls would be pinks every time, and if everyone had the elite pinks from the maps they'd be worthless, golden chests would be worthless(they're a purple) and then the pinks, mythics, and arcanes from those chests would be cheap(pinks would be worthless). This argument always comes up...the game wouldn't become easier, it'd be the same thing. The longer the expansion is out the more worthless the gear would become. Items go down together, unless updated specifically....just because you are rewarded with less money from a pink doesn't mean it has a lesser value, because all pinks are cheaper.

It's kinda a moot point, I keep forgetting that we don't loot a NPC corpse so the mechanics wouldn't work anyway. Still, elites take too long in their current form for a mobile game

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    No one said raise the drop rate % chance for pinks. I have no idea why greens and items below level 25 are even dropping from elites in the first place. They could remove all of these worthless items from the loot table and adjust the numbers for the remaining items to compensate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    No one said raise the drop rate % chance for pinks. I have no idea why greens and items below level 25 are even dropping from elites in the first place. They could remove all of these worthless items from the loot table and adjust the numbers for the remaining items to compensate.
    Like Warriorname said, with luck elixirs this would break the system. You HAVE to have the green drops there. Otherwise, every time someone rerolled, it would give them a pink. The level is inconsequential. Its the rarity of the loot that would break the system.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    A reroll raises the items you receive rarity up, ex) you get a green you get a blue then

So if no more greens it means, blues mostly. If you have a reroll elixer, you would get a pink because it would be blue original

Edit: I always get ninja'd ._.

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Ah yeah, luck elixirs need to go

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Like Warriorname said, with luck elixirs this would break the system. You HAVE to have the green drops there. Otherwise, every time someone rerolled, it would give them a pink. The level is inconsequential. Its the rarity of the loot that would break the system.
    I see, so the system isn't flawed. The elixirs are. If they cant change that then they could at least remove weapons and armor below level 25 from the loot table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    A reroll raises the items you receive rarity up, ex) you get a green you get a blue then

So if no more greens it means, blues mostly. If you have a reroll elixer, you would get a pink because it would be blue original

Edit: I always get ninja'd ._.
    not true , i've ask this in SL before, but re-roll does not give you a rarity up, you have 25% chance of re-roll (so you get another item from the loot table), and if you got a better loot then the message shows up, if you got a worst loot, nothing happens....

Well that's if Al re-roll have same mechanics as SL ...
    Last edited by eugene9707; 04-03-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    not true , i've ask this in SL before, but re-roll does not give you a rarity up, you have 25% chance of re-roll (so you get another item from the loot table), and if you got a better loot then the message shows up, if you got a worst loot, nothing happens....

I was talking about when you reroll, quote "reroll"

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I agree with some of that, lalarie. If u get a loot elixir, there's only a quarter chance of getting a higher rate loot drop. Say green and white were removed, I could get purple still. Kinda like Eugene was saying, (btw that's my name) until I lost him In the SL stuff.
    But lalarie, u were right that removing greens would mess up the loot mechanics. Say that the loot was a pie chart. About 31% is a green drop. 41% is a white. 24% is a pink. 4% mythic. No arcane drops. If we were to take away 72% of the chart, an elixir would only b able to boost our luck by 25% or quarter of 28%, which is 7%. Only 7% of getting a boost. Wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    I was talking about when you reroll, quote "reroll"
    and im saying reroll doesnt mean a rarity up , it might be 2 rarity up ? or get a "worst loot" and it doesnt have the "rerolled and get better loot" message...

(cuz i've gotten a 100% reroll elix on SL and it doesnt have "re-rolled and get better loot" message whenever i get a drop....)

i think we should have a dev explain the mechanic of a re-roll ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

This is incorrect and was changed a long time ago. It was like that in the beginning however.

and im saying reroll doesnt mean a rarity up , it might be 2 rarity up ? or get a "worst loot" and it doesnt have the "rerolled and get better loot" message...

(cuz i've gotten a 100% reroll elix on SL and it doesnt have "re-rolled and get better loot" message whenever i get a drop....)

i think we should have a dev explain the mechanic of a re-roll ....
    Actually it does mean one rarity up. I don't have time to scour for the developer post.

EDIT: Oh I found it. Now this is all under the assumption that the mechanics are the same across all their games. Seems logical.
    Last edited by Rare; 04-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    This is incorrect and was changed a long time ago. It was like that in the beginning however.

Actually it does mean one rarity up. I don't have time to scour for the developer post.

EDIT: Oh I found it. Now this is all under the assumption that the mechanics are the same across all their games. Seems logical.
    Lol, totally ninja'd...went to find it for u but you beat meh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Lol, totally ninja'd...went to find it for u but you beat meh
    I am a pro ninja!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To think this was just a little vent thread
    ZigZag lvl26 Sorcerer
    SaltyWound lvl10 *twink* rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Thread should be renamed to "stop posting" so it gets locked already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Thread should be renamed to "stop posting" so it gets locked already.
    ^this
    ZigZag lvl26 Sorcerer
    SaltyWound lvl10 *twink* rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
    ^this
    Yeah sts. Please make it so we aren't automatically directed to this thread.

Oh wait.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post: