Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tarasa Update Analysis and Reaction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

this update is made out of love ,wow if this is love you should of kept it
    I like DL.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR.GEE View Post
    this update is made out of love ,wow if this is love you should of kept it
    gotta figure one guy made it on his free time, typically free time isnt paid time i would say

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i agree 100% with u. battlegrinder.

sl is almost abandoned nd lol only one person took this sl nd when? at his SPARE time lol. hats off to d designer that alone has done this great job. it takes a lot of hard wrks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    gotta figure one guy made it on his free time, typically free time isnt paid time i would say
    hmmmm. good point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Shreeya capped yay for phoenix!

-Rik[Rittik]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hi Battlegrinder,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about the update. That’s a great post and we really appreciate you writing it down for us.

Maybe I can step back a bit and fill you in more where the update to STS-25 came from. Right now, as you might be aware, Arcane Legends is our biggest game to date. It has blown the doors off of what our other games have ever done. We are closing in on 7 Million downloads after only 5 months. That’s why you see the activity you do in Arcane – justifiably so, as we work hard to serve the largest share of Spacetime players.

All of Spacetime games are labors of love. They came from our hearts and will always have a special place for us.

This expansion was done by one designer, in their extra time, because of their love for the game and their desire to give the community more to do. We never said this was going to be a massive update and we hope we did not set your expectations too high, but this really was done out of love and for you guys.

It is what we can give you at the moment. We hope that it is enough for now. Keep up the constructive feedback and we'll try to make the most out of it.

Cheers,

- g

Who ever the designer was i would really love to thank him from my heart. I would suggest a thing. As the time moves on you guys could keep adding new stuffs like with small patches. Like now most of the capped players and players who are like in verge of capping including me want only one thing that is the arbitrer. I would suggest The disgner( please tell us his/her name we would send him/her our love) could work on his/her extra time again to make the arbitters then comes slowly the new armours. Just a suggestion like noy making us wait for so many days but to just start releasing smaller patches.

-Rik[Rittik]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Expansion-Caps

Every STS game has gone through the same process of getting several expansions one after another right after it launches. After one or two more expansions, AL will slow down to the same rate as the rest of the STS series, and new content will be coming out for the rest. STS is first and foremost a business, and their priority will always be money. Right now, AL is growing fast and getting a lot of support, because its making a lot of money. The same thing happened with PL, SL, and DL.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

too soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Battlegrinder,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about the update. That’s a great post and we really appreciate you writing it down for us.

Maybe I can step back a bit and fill you in more where the update to STS-25 came from. Right now, as you might be aware, Arcane Legends is our biggest game to date. It has blown the doors off of what our other games have ever done. We are closing in on 7 Million downloads after only 5 months. That’s why you see the activity you do in Arcane – justifiably so, as we work hard to serve the largest share of Spacetime players.

All of Spacetime games are labors of love. They came from our hearts and will always have a special place for us.

This expansion was done by one designer, in their extra time, because of their love for the game and their desire to give the community more to do. We never said this was going to be a massive update and we hope we did not set your expectations too high, but this really was done out of love and for you guys.

It is what we can give you at the moment. We hope that it is enough for now. Keep up the constructive feedback and we'll try to make the most out of it.

Cheers,

- g
    Cant u guys hire more staff so we can get more new stuff?

SL- Jackharknes(L46 comm), Jackhark(L46 op), captainjackh(L46 engi) AL-jackharknes(L25 sorcerer), captainjackh(L23 warrior), jackhark(L23 rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

how about this love?

-reduce a bit of hp on the new sts-25 mobs so we can level since many ppl who try to run just leave the maps "1st map" in particular...SL isn't a SOLO mmo compatible.

-give us an arbiter piece at cap (there isn't a vanity distributer)

-then your golden...i wanna buy elixers to level..but I posted on bugs section, that enemies regenerate to fast...ppl get mad and leave.
    Last edited by octavos; 04-26-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jackhark View Post
    Cant u guys hire more staff so we can get more new stuff?
    Not really, no. We still have to run the business well. If we overhire, have a downturn and go bankrupt, that won't do anyone any good It's not like anyone around here is driving Porsches or whatnot. We're a small, independent developer working hard for your business.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 04-27-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:1069214
    how about this love?

-reduce a bit of hp on the new sts-25 mobs so we can level since many ppl who try to run just leave the maps "1st map" in particular...SL isn't a SOLO mmo compatible.

-give us an arbiter piece at cap (there isn't a vanity distributer)

-then your golden...i wanna buy elixers to level..but I posted on bugs section, that enemies regenerate to fast...ppl get mad and leave.
    The person still working with SL probably left the cap vanity out to improve it's looks before releasing it. I'd give him enough time to improve the Arbiter's Boots and Sleeves first so we don't regret rushing him on this one.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    The person still working with SL probably left the cap vanity out to improve it's looks before releasing it. I'd give him enough time to improve the Arbiter's Boots and Sleeves first so we don't regret rushing him on this one.
    still I want to level (dont want it to be like PL all over again), but as it stands..I guess 3 pieces of arbiter are good enough for me.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No really, no. We still have to run the business well. If we overhire, have a downturn and go bankrupt, that won't do anyone any good It's not like anyone around here is driving Porsches or whatnot. We're a small, independent developer working hard for your business.
    thats my point. and im not tryin to be rude to you guys i love you guys and what you do and i want you to be sucessful but right now you are running al well meanwhile you are missing lots of opportunities in other games. and i do not belive that allowing one person to make this expansion or releasing a lvl cap with no new levels is running the company well. It was a poor attempt to give any attention to these games and it showed. as stated serveral times in all forums Everyone would have rather you said look were gooing to be busy with al for a few months we appreciate your business and were sorry. i understand that you are a small indepenet develper but if you hired one develper at 30k a year for the sole purpose of working lets say dl it would resolve alot of problems. i would kill for an opportunity like that and so would many others. and if even half of people spent the money they have said on al you have an extra 30k a year. continuing to abandon other games without reason i promise you will result in the eventual death of those games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi Battlegrinder,

Cheers,

- g
    Who?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Sandman, you're being honest with your opinion, not holding back... so in the same spirit...

I don't see why any for-profit company would invest even one minute of developer time in a game with so few players. Especially when they have another game that has so many players it is being called "the best" by some reviewers. These guys have families, too.

But someone did. Someone who originally conceived Blackstar to include spaceships and 3-dimensional movement, but who wrote it within the confines of 2-D anyway because that's all he could get. And so, even though he sees the game floundering when other games he worked on are getting all the attention, he still wants it to thrive. He wants his own toons to advance, so he made this update. He's a player at heart. You just know it.

I am very certain that SL is NOT dying. As long as this dev is at the heart of STS, SL will not be abandoned, as you say.

But they have to stay afloat as a company. If they waste resources on unsuccessful (monetarily) projects, they won't be able to pay for the servers anymore. Then we're all up a creek, in all games.

I think we need to show more gratitude. This dev cares about SL and will not let it fail. His attention is constantly being pulled away from it, yet he does the development on his own time. I do not fear for the future of SL any longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anegriv View Post
    Who?
    Anegriv, I asked him that in chat and he answered. Go scroll back the chat logs a few pages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Sandman, you're being honest with your opinion, not holding back... so in the same spirit...

I don't see why any for-profit company would invest even one minute of developer time in a game with so few players. Especially when they have another game that has so many players it is being called "the best" by some reviewers. These guys have families, too.

But someone did. Someone who originally conceived Blackstar to include spaceships and 3-dimensional movement, but who wrote it within the confines of 2-D anyway because that's all he could get. And so, even though he sees the game floundering when other games he worked on are getting all the attention, he still wants it to thrive. He wants his own toons to advance, so he made this update. He's a player at heart. You just know it.

I am very certain that SL is NOT dying. As long as this dev is at the heart of STS, SL will not be abandoned, as you say.

But they have to stay afloat as a company. If they waste resources on unsuccessful (monetarily) projects, they won't be able to pay for the servers anymore. Then we're all up a creek, in all games.

I think we need to show more gratitude. This dev cares about SL and will not let it fail. His attention is constantly being pulled away from it, yet he does the development on his own time. I do not fear for the future of SL any longer.
    I totally agree with what you said and for sure i wouldnt waste any time on it either. the problem is and what makes me and others angry and why people are leaving is they simply will not admit to what you said the truth. instead of simply making a post saying sorry everyone al exploded way more then we thought and we need some time to get that game going no major updates for a while thanks for your support.... they dont release information, insiders has no information on anything exectp al and they release things that like i said earlier show how little they are involved with these games atm which to alot of people translated ot a lack of caring. this last update is an incredible acomplishment for one person and he should be praised, but i find it a poor update for a company with a team of develpoers. again i love what these guys do and i have tons of respect for them but dont treat us like were stupid. take the time to do things right becasue i totally dissagree about it dying. is it dying yet absolutely not but people will not stick with games were information about updates is a problem and updates are thrown together to appease the masses. and long term customers is how company like this survive not the people that come in spend a few bucks and then move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I mostly agree. Cool

In any case, one of the devs whose original idea was Blackstar, who has been with them since before they even started the company, cared enough to put his own time into it. I used to worry that they were giving up on SL because of the small player base, but now I feel certain that it is still on the mind of this dev, and I am not worried. He has a story to tell, and it's clearly not finished in his mind.

I think they have to balance short term and long term concerns better, too, but they are a young company made up of game developers not managers so they have to learn by making mistakes.