Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sorcerer feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    I'm glad someone with an opinion that matters said it. Of course to be fair, tanking and actually protecting your teammates in pve does take some thought. But I still LOL'ed.

Anyway, thank you Sam for putting your STS presence on this thread. Apart from sub-par shield and Nordr guns, the regen component on Lifegiver is downright useless because it doesn't scale. It was fantastic to regen 50 MP and 100 HP at level 6. Not so fantastic at level 31. Make curse a more attractive choice? Increase duration and add damage over time? Maybe a life transfer to the party upon hit? I dunno haha.

Well now that Sam has at least posted here, this thread can continue in a more constructive manner. Thanks Matanofx for starting the discussion.
    its like HP absorb when HIT? ^_^

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Apart from sub-par shield and Nordr guns, the regen component on Lifegiver is downright useless because it doesn't scale. It was fantastic to regen 50 MP and 100 HP at level 6. Not so fantastic at level 31.
    Lifegiver doesn't do a flat 50 MP and 100 HP, it's all based on the Sorcerers damage and intelligence, so as your stats go up, so does the efficiency of Lifegiver.

I'm not saying that Sorcerers couldn't use some quality of life changes though (as do the other classes but Sorcerer probably the most), it's just a matter of us finding the time and resources to get to it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Lifegiver doesn't do a flat 50 MP and 100 HP, it's all based on the Sorcerers damage and intelligence, so as your stats go up, so does the efficiency of Lifegiver.

I'm not saying that Sorcerers couldn't use some quality of life changes though (as do the other classes but Sorcerer probably the most), it's just a matter of us finding the time and resources to get to it.
    thanks Swede

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Thank you for the reply, Swede. Sorry for my mistake on the flat values for Lifegiver regen upgrades. That's just approximately how much I was getting at the L21 cap. At the cost of two skill points, the gain was so insignificant that I never bothered to revisit those Lifegiver upgrades.

I guess we will see. Hope you guys have something good planned for the faithful smurfs.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Thank you for the reply, Swede. Sorry for my mistake on the flat values for Lifegiver regen upgrades. That's just approximately how much I was getting at the L21 cap. At the cost of two skill points, the gain was so insignificant that I never bothered to revisit those Lifegiver upgrades.

I guess we will see. Hope you guys have something good planned for the faithful smurfs.
    Still Hoping.... T_T
    Last edited by Totoymagic; 04-24-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I know its easy for warriors and rogues to say that each class is equal but for months the sorceror has been the worst class please read this sts because if something doesnt change in next expansion im stopping arcane legends

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I know its easy for warriors and rogues to say that each class is equal but for months the sorceror has been the worst class please read this sts because if something doesnt change in next expansion im stopping arcane legends
    i feel the same way
    "Be Nice and Be Fair" - TotoyMagic

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I dont know about everyone else but it seems sorcerers would rather have a playable class than a new cap every 7 weeks. I would like to dust off my sorcerer and play on chrome since my digitizer is fudged on phone lol i can barely type without it freaking out and locking up and randomly pressing buttons so cant play PL but thats my opinion ive been gear towards my warrior because it has less mana for skills. Rogues mana for skills is terrible yeah, this thread is about sorcerers but theres other flaws in the other classes.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The changes that are needed to make this sorcerer a true sorcerer as in WoW or Evercrack are too much. Development will not change that much. They created this class as if it were a mash of an enchanter, necromancer, and wizard at the same time still giving us only 4 skills to use macro, and the same limited skill points as other classes . Our classes are not medics, that's for tanks to do. If we were medics our shield would go to entire party and at that point we mightest well be called paladins. Crowd control yes and currently that is all this class does correctly. Mages are meant to be mana whores dishing out the MOST damage of all classes by a long shot. we shouldn't be a dps, we're not shaman, or rogues. When I put stats into INT my dmg should go up if I'm a mage, not when I put it in DEX . Just like when a war puts stats in STR his dmg should go up, not just his health . Stats need to be dependent on the class your dealing with, until that happens everyone drop your mage and go to rogues, dex Increases the most stats and dex is most beneficial to rogues it's as simple as that.

Sent from my weapon of choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree mage sucks
    Well... Off i am to make a rogue( knowing my luck with picking classes itll get nerfed before i reach cap )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I agree mage sucks
    Well... Off i am to make a rogue( knowing my luck with picking classes itll get nerfed before i reach cap )
    i feel the same way... no luck for us to hear because were to small like smurf ^_^
    "Be Nice and Be Fair" - TotoyMagic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1313 View Post
    The changes that are needed to make this sorcerer a true sorcerer as in WoW or Evercrack are too much. Development will not change that much. They created this class as if it were a mash of an enchanter, necromancer, and wizard at the same time still giving us only 4 skills to use macro, and the same limited skill points as other classes . Our classes are not medics, that's for tanks to do. If we were medics our shield would go to entire party and at that point we mightest well be called paladins. Crowd control yes and currently that is all this class does correctly. Mages are meant to be mana whores dishing out the MOST damage of all classes by a long shot. we shouldn't be a dps, we're not shaman, or rogues. When I put stats into INT my dmg should go up if I'm a mage, not when I put it in DEX . Just like when a war puts stats in STR his dmg should go up, not just his health . Stats need to be dependent on the class your dealing with, until that happens everyone drop your mage and go to rogues, dex Increases the most stats and dex is most beneficial to rogues it's as simple as that.

Sent from my weapon of choice.

with comments like that and many others, seeing how many of my mage friends just stopped playing

how do you not respond to our feedback? fixing lifegiver and shield is just a drop in the ocean.

all the top richest players are rouges or warriors, if you attempt to make sorc a sub-class you should have said so in the begining when i chose sorc.

im not one to change classes, however i am one to just stop playing when the fun stops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Sorc takes more skill, it does in a lot of games, which is why I always go for it.

Yes, we could use some boosts, but I don't think we're as bad as so many people make it out to be. Stop trying to be the healer, we're not healers. Stop trying to be the cannon, we're not cannons. Start being crowd control, we're damn good at it.

I solo elite maps (mainly just mount, trying to get the brut staff, only have potency right now), if we were so weak how is that possible? I have a mix of gear, max damage (I have 278.something) is only when I'm running in a party with really good people. Most of the time I run around with lower damage (217.7-238.something) but over 3k hp (3209 is the max I have, can't afford the lvl 31 robe that adds 13 more hp) and I can survive a few hits. Solo mount, I can take on 10 guys and live (yes, there's a good amount of pot guzzling every 10 seconds or so). It requires knowing your skills, and knowing what your class is capable of doing. Time Shift is the best shield we have, stun them and drop time, keep them away from you, run in just to hit. Once you get the timing down you can keep them from hitting you most of the time. Bosses take a bit more practice, but the wolf is pretty easy. I used to solo elite palm as well as a few others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Sorc takes more skill, it does in a lot of games, which is why I always go for it.

Yes, we could use some boosts, but I don't think we're as bad as so many people make it out to be. Stop trying to be the healer, we're not healers. Stop trying to be the cannon, we're not cannons. Start being crowd control, we're damn good at it.

I solo elite maps (mainly just mount, trying to get the brut staff, only have potency right now), if we were so weak how is that possible? I have a mix of gear, max damage (I have 278.something) is only when I'm running in a party with really good people. Most of the time I run around with lower damage (217.7-238.something) but over 3k hp (3209 is the max I have, can't afford the lvl 31 robe that adds 13 more hp) and I can survive a few hits. Solo mount, I can take on 10 guys and live (yes, there's a good amount of pot guzzling every 10 seconds or so). It requires knowing your skills, and knowing what your class is capable of doing. Time Shift is the best shield we have, stun them and drop time, keep them away from you, run in just to hit. Once you get the timing down you can keep them from hitting you most of the time. Bosses take a bit more practice, but the wolf is pretty easy. I used to solo elite palm as well as a few others.
    i hate to repeat myself over and over so ill just say read what i wrote when i posted this thread, its not even about what the role of a sorc is in the game.
    just the simple little nerfs we get time and time again for no reason cause we werent OP to begin with, and i havent heard many players complain about "omg sorces are too good this is unfair"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post

dude, did you thought that all this sorc complaints played sorc class for a day?
    i understand you just want to give your points but for all this time most player knows sorc class are the weakest and needs more UPs. check those rogues and warriors, their dmg is almost near to your top dmg.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    i hate to repeat myself over and over so ill just say read what i wrote when i posted this thread, its not even about what the role of a sorc is in the game.
    just the simple little nerfs we get time and time again for no reason cause we werent OP to begin with, and i havent heard many players complain about "omg sorces are too good this is unfair"
    What nerfs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    dude, did you thought that all this sorc complaints played sorc class for a day?
    i understand you just want to give your points but for all this time most player knows sorc class are the weakest and needs more UPs. check those rogues and warriors, their dmg is almost near to your top dmg.
    Warriors top dmg is prob better than sorcs, but everyone should think the next expansion, the sorcerer expansion

Aniscater (lv 31 sorcerer)------Anislayer (lv 25 rogue)------Valtterijr (lv 23 warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aniscater View Post
    Warriors top dmg is prob better than sorcs, but everyone should think the next expansion, the sorcerer expansion
    but that is how long? month ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

What nerfs?
    i believe its
    timeshift's root (though i understand the reason why, having root means 100% no challenge)
    mana replinish from lifegiver. before the nordr patch lifegiver give 1k+ mana now it is cut down to 50%,atleast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

What nerfs?
    ill just talk about the simple things that can be easily explained.
    there was a watch rifle, then we got a less dmg oracle crystal and now we got even lower dmg ice ribbs... totally nerfed compared to the rouges bonechill bow.
    and why is the bonechill staff so much worse than the incandecent blades? same crate/chest but rougues are getting much better weapons id really like to know why

in order to get decent dmg and dps mages have to kill elite bosses repeatedly while others get really awesome weapons from crates and chests.

i appreciate any involvement, even asking "what nerfs?" show me that you care =]