Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 31 mythic weapon vs 36 pinks weapon(nxt big update)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    This^^, Mythic/Arcane items were and will never be droppable/farmable items.
    I never said they would be. What I am saying is that the last weekend has saturated the game with mythic gear such that every tom, rick, harry and noob is now running around in mythic gear. If this mythic gear continues to be the top gear in the game, and if sts does not develop some sort of system for upgrading mythics that involves farming for crafting materials such as diamonds, any incentive for farming for gear will be lost and the pve side of the game has the potential to be ruined. Top players will have absolutely no incentive to farm for legendary gear next season as there will be no one to spend millions on the top legendary gear that will be inferior to the mythic gear that they already have. The beginning of the past few seasons has been fueled by that rare legendary warrior weapon or armor that occasionally drops and is worth millions (I myself have had several drops worth 2-4m each in the beginning of each season). Anyone who could afford to spend millions on such legendary gear has already bought mythics, so there will be no one to buy this legendary gear and it will be worthless. Pve and farming will be broken unless there will be some type of item that drops that is required to upgrade mythic gear.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 07-03-2013 at 09:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I never said they would be. What I am saying is that the last weekend has saturated the game with mythic gear such that every tom, rick, harry and noob is now running around in mythic gear. If this mythic gear continues to be the top gear in the game, and if sts does not develop some sort of system for upgrading mythics that involves farming for crafting materials such as diamonds, any incentive for farming for gear will be lost and the pve side of the game has the potential to be ruined. Top players will have absolutely no incentive to farm for legendary gear next season as there will be no one to spend millions on the top legendary gear that will be inferior to the mythic gear that they already have. The beginning of the past few seasons has been fueled by that rare legendary warrior weapon or armor that occasionally drops and is worth millions (I myself have had several drops worth 2-4m each in the beginning of each season). Anyone who could afford to spend millions on such legendary gear has already bought mythics, so there will be no one to buy this legendary gear and it will be worthless. Pve and farming will be broken unless there will be some type of item that drops that is required to upgrade mythic gear.
    That is a.very good valid.point Grimmy. Never thought of how useless the elite pinks are to those with mythics. So something defiantly needs to be done to keep farming alive. That's the biggest thing I hate in al right now and I can't belive how screwed up drops are. As I said in a post back is I don't know what sts means by they have more control over luck with these chests and crates. The funnest aspect I've seen in most MMOs is that the top gear can be farmed, not gambled on
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    That is a.very good valid.point Grimmy. Never thought of how useless the elite pinks are to those with mythics. So something defiantly needs to be done to keep farming alive. That's the biggest thing I hate in al right now and I can't belive how screwed up drops are. As I said in a post back is I don't know what sts means by they have more control over luck with these chests and crates. The funnest aspect I've seen in most MMOs is that the top gear can be farmed, not gambled on
    They control it because luck has no affect on the loot you get from chests or crates.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

i mean the best suggestion here as everyone is saying is to make weapons specially Arcane/Mythic upgrade-able, whats the point of putting NPC blacksmith in AL.

for us to be able to upgrade also require items not easily obtainable (farming/crates) so not all can upgrade their arcane or mythics.

best example is for hooks:

Blackbeard nefarious hooks upgrade to Black beard nefarious Razors (or any names related to hooks)

Crafting Materials:

Arcane stone (loot from crates or can be farmed)
    Lightning Stone (loot from crates or can be farmed)
    Black Anvil Hammer (loot from crates or can be farmed)

Crafting Cost:
    1,000,000 Gold

if the idea is like this.. STS will still profit (more profit) and Arcane/Mythic can still be used and not be wasted in future expansion.

or simply add plus +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 option in NPC Blacksmith
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 07-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

First, Oysters here are four times the size of DC oysters which required more fuel to eat them. Second, new gear in expansion will cost the same if Mythics exist or not, Mythics will just cost more. Third, your line of thinking assumes AL has peaked and. no new players will EVER join. Fourth, save a horse, ride a cowboy .., sorry, next bar calling.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i think most of us is really concerned about this issue, specially to mythic/arcane holders. yeah im agree with upgrading system but its im not on the side of paying lots of gold just to upgrade the item, probably an upgrade recipe that can farm(not looted in chest or lock crates.. since its a recipe. so not all must have items is not obtainable in chest/ lock chest witch is very boring) or plats to upgrade an item

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Sorry drgrimmy, my post seems a bit rude in the light of day and could quite well be wrong since this is all just opinions. No more posting from Bourbon Street for this bear of little brain.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa Grim, you always speak with logic and knowledge which means I can never "call you out". I agree with most if you points brother..
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa Grim, you always speak with logic and knowledge which means I can never "call you out". I agree with most if you points brother..
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Sorry drgrimmy, my post seems a bit rude in the light of day and could quite well be wrong since this is all just opinions. No more posting from Bourbon Street for this bear of little brain.
    Don't worry guys, no offense taken. Just wanted to point out a concern of mine. I know a lot of people may or may not agree, and I may even be running around screaming that the sky is falling. Nevertheless, I think that these are things that sts should give consideration to when they are deciding the fate of the mythic gear. Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Mythics are indeed farmable, you farm for elite gold chests and they have a chance to drop mythic. Technically speaking that is no different than farming the items themselves as if they dropped from bosses. The main reason STS did it this way is to avoid them falling like rain to those with luck elixirs. So while luck elixir will help you get the elite gold chests, it will not increase your chance at the mythic items themselves.

Ask anyone who farmed in PL for dragon helms or armors back before they added purples to the drop table last Fall. Some people spent months farming for them and never dropped a single one. They were that rare. That was because you don't get a reroll to a dragon item. Back then dragon sets were going for 20m+. Then they added the purples to the drop table, which enabled rerolls. Suddenly they started dropping like rain, and now a dragon set can be had for 1m, and most players who spend any amount of time playing have one. It is no longer an exclusive item. That's part of the reason most hardcore PL players have left. There is nothing left for them to do, and there are no exclusive items to work towards obtaining. Everything can be had for a few million gold, and once you get there the game becomes boring.

I would prefer if that did NOT happen in AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Mythics are indeed farmable, you farm for elite gold chests and they have a chance to drop mythic. Technically speaking that is no different than farming the items themselves as if they dropped from bosses. The main reason STS did it this way is to avoid them falling like rain to those with luck elixirs. So while luck elixir will help you get the elite gold chests, it will not increase your chance at the mythic items themselves.

Ask anyone who farmed in PL for dragon helms or armors back before they added purples to the drop table last Fall. Some people spent months farming for them and never dropped a single one. They were that rare. That was because you don't get a reroll to a dragon item. Back then dragon sets were going for 20m+. Then they added the purples to the drop table, which enabled rerolls. Suddenly they started dropping like rain, and now a dragon set can be had for 1m, and most players who spend any amount of time playing have one. It is no longer an exclusive item. That's part of the reason most hardcore PL players have left. There is nothing left for them to do, and there are no exclusive items to work towards obtaining. Everything can be had for a few million gold, and once you get there the game becomes boring.

Yep, and I am still bitter about the whole dragon armor mess... Hopefully a similar thing will not happen here with mythics. I think STS really opened up a whole can of worms with this one when someone mentioned the possibility of upgrading them. This got eveyone's hopes up and now there are high expectations which STS can not back out of without making a lot a people angry. At least it appears now that there has been confirmation about upgrading the mythic armor and helms to lvl36. We will see how all this plays out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Boring? Lets not forget one of the key components to any game, the PvE story. Sure most players knock out new content in a short time, but then you have to lvl for elite, then you play elite and if the content is fun you can ride that for a while. When you get bored with that, they slap stuff out like Mines, elite Mines and the Arena etc. If you're are playing a game soley to "Farm the next big thing" then whatever that game is needs new content, PL being the prime example (It. Doesn't. Get. Updated) As you stated above any item can be had for a few Mil. Saying that, if one gets bored farming something they want, they could just quickly open there wallets and buy it or quick farm less rare items to sell (ex: Crates elite pinks). AL will never become as dry as PL is due to the fact that new content is rollin. Meaning even if you are full Mythic and have obtained everything you could ever hope for there is always something new to do coming around the corner in AL.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Throughout this whole thread I've heard people complain about mythics and those who own them not needing to buy your legendaries come expansion, sorry but I worked my butt of for my gear if you don't like it then I'm sorry tough! I have full mythic gear I worked my butt of to afford them and spent 30+ million on it, if they become obsolete then I'm sorry I think sts should be compensating those players in some respects for doing the work needed to afford the gear in the first place as its no mean feet. I don't work my butt of in a game to have what I've worked hard for over several seasons to be for all intents of purposes made useless and worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griia View Post
    Throughout this whole thread I've heard people complain about mythics and those who own them not needing to buy your legendaries come expansion, sorry but I worked my butt of for my gear if you don't like it then I'm sorry tough! I have full mythic gear I worked my butt of to afford them and spent 30+ million on it, if they become obsolete then I'm sorry I think sts should be compensating those players in some respects for doing the work needed to afford the gear in the first place as its no mean feet. I don't work my butt of in a game to have what I've worked hard for over several seasons to be for all intents of purposes made useless and worthless.
    I am sorry you have taken this so personally. Furthemore, you assume that "people complaining" on this thread do not have or could not afford mythic/arcane gear or have not worked hard enough in the game which could not be further from the truth. I am just stating my concerns for the overall health of the game. A lot of us have spent a lot of time on this game, and I would hope have greatly enjoy this game in doing so. I am just bringing up potential issues so the game can remain enjoyable for all players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sorry you have taken this so personally. Furthemore, you assume that "people complaining" on this thread do not have or could not afford mythic/arcane gear or have not worked hard enough in the game which could not be further from the truth. I am just stating my concerns for the overall health of the game. A lot of us have spent a lot of time on this game, and I would hope have greatly enjoy this game in doing so. I am just bringing up potential issues so the game can remain enjoyable for all players.
    I do take it personally when a company burns you for your hard work yes, I'm also wondering where you got the idea that I think others here haven't worked hard or have mythic/arcane gear as at no point in my post did I state such..
    I understand that for a game to continue some things need to be addressed, but over the past months Sts have flooded the market with mythic items effectively burning those of us who have worked hard for our gear without so much of a thought to its player base & "only" it's bank balance.
    I have actually had to gimp my rouge as I've yet to find a tank capable of holding the 465 dps my rouge dose let alone if I were to try and even improve that. The last expansion was a farce we'll make it more challenging, well I'm sorry 1 hit kos isn't a challenge it's a joke when tanks have to pump themselves with health pots to stay up in a boss fight or are not capable of holding high aggro it screams game imbalance.
    I enjoy playing arcane legends & have put time money & lots of effort into it so yes I do take it personally when that gets flamed by a company or individual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I agree with grimmy, I have a full set of mythic items and I DO NOT want to have them last me forever. I want them to fade away, to have something new to go after. I expect, outside the arcane weapon, that next expansion I won't need to go for much but the expansion after that I should have something new to look forward to obtaining.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griia View Post
    you don't deserve compensation for playing a game and spending the gold you earn in said game on items that obviously will be obsolete at some point.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Ridiculous. Mythic bow and legendary 31 is just -3.5 dps

With legendary 36 coming in

Surely they will be blasted away. Outperformed.

So why mythic helm&armor got upgrade while weapons not?

I spent much bucks for plats in the last event, managed to have some of them.
    And they will be obsolote trash, in next expansion?

Cant believe it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

24. The Following User Says Thank You to abihakim For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abihakim View Post
    Ridiculous. Mythic bow and legendary 31 is just -3.5 dps

With legendary 36 coming in

Surely they will be blasted away. Outperformed.

So why mythic helm&armor got upgrade while weapons not?

I spent much bucks for plats in the last event, managed to have some of them.
    And they will be obsolote trash, in next expansion?

Cant believe it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Mythic weps are cheap as hell. It's good they won't be upgradable. And I can say this cuz I paid 6m for my bow and now they 1m LOLz get over it. Lots of us had lost out your not the only one

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kingbanks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I just want to say that arcane weapons should NOT be scaled up, same goes for mythic ring/amu/weap.

Yes people paid money for it but does it mean they shouldnt worry about their gear for who knows how many expansions to follow?

When you spend money on plat you must know it doesnt mean youre gonna be mr. perfect for the rest of your al gaming life, sorry but youll have to accept the fact that this game has to be fair and fun, make your best decisions on what you wanna spend your money on weather its platinum or new shoes, you make the choice not sts.

Arcane hooks have been the best melee attack weapon for rogue for the past two seasons (approax 4.5 months) and i think its enough, move on lets open our hearts and wallets for new items =]

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post: