Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Mythic Pet (no plat required)......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hinataa View Post
    Mre like hauntlet points, something like hauntlet where u could raise those tolkiens, that would be amazing like a new map(area) or it could be raised in arena
    The problem with the hauntlet token idea is that some good pro parties will finish in a couple of days, and then the eggs will flood the market driving the prices way down. Then they will become so cheap that nobody will see the need to buy the plat mythic pets, and STS will lose business. For that reason, I don't see them implementing this solution.

The whole purpose of my idea was that it DOES take 6 months to acquire this pet, and nobody can speed that up by making a pro party, or playing more hours, or pooling tokens from your different toons. Remember how hard it was to get Colton in the early days of AL? They were going for 3m per egg. That is what will happen with this mythic pet.

They don't have to use the bards quests and story tokens. If they did they would have to make those dungeons scale as they are too easy now. They could instead make a new dungeon and have a new kind of token. But the idea is that you can only do the quest once each day, and it will take a very long time to get this pet. It doesn't have to be 6 months, it can be 3 months. But should take longer to get this pet than it takes to get Colton since Colton is a legendary pet and this one would be mythic. It takes 50 days to get Colton since it requires 200 story tokens and you can get 4 per day max. A mythic pet should take at least twice as long, maybe even longer.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-11-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Actually if they were gonna make a Mythic pet that wasn't for platinum it should be 250k because 250plat=250k

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I guess any suggestion that would make the players spend less plat would not be taken into action. Simply because plats are STS's way of earning and keeping the game servers up. It being free to play is already an awesome offer.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I was sure to log in every day ro get enough tokens for Colton. That's when it sold for 1mil. By the time I got it, it was down to about 200k, but I was still stoked bc up until that point I had only been able to earn 80k from farming. I think this is a good idea and might get people logging in again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I would rather see another legendary pet like Colton then a mythic pet. This gives a chance for more people to have it and keeps prices for such a pet reasonable. And not another gift to merchants or people saving story tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Disagree.
    Would be so boring to spend 10mins per day for 6 months. It's just so boring dude.
    If 1 platinum worth 1000 golds, better if the mythic pets' price is 250k than 800 or maybe 500 story tokens.
    IGN(s): Anymove L40(a Rogue since S3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

g r e a t i d e a

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo View Post
    I guess any suggestion that would make the players spend less plat would not be taken into action. Simply because plats are STS's way of earning and keeping the game servers up. It being free to play is already an awesome offer.
    I don't think it will result in players spending less plat. That is the whole point of making it so difficult that it takes 6 months to get this pet.

If the pet is easy to get, then I agree that it will hurt plat sales. But if the pet is so hard to get, then those with plat will just buy themselves a plat mythic pet, and only those without plat will work so hard to get this one. Yes, spending 250 plat is far easier than doing quests daily for 6 months. But that is the whole point of this....to give an option for those who cannot buy plat. If those players cannot buy plat anyway, then it isn't hurting plat sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Anymove View Post
    Disagree.
    Would be so boring to spend 10mins per day for 6 months. It's just so boring dude.
    If 1 platinum worth 1000 golds, better if the mythic pets' price is 250k than 800 or maybe 500 story tokens.
    Well then I guess you will have to find a different game to play.....LOL [/sarcasm]

Or.....how about you just don't do the quests and don't get the pet? You did hear me say it would be optional, right? Or if you must have the pet, you can buy the egg from the auction after someone else works for it.

This idea would just be an option for those who want to spend the time. There will be necessity in getting this pet. It won't give you any achievement that you wouldn't get from getting any other mythic pet, or looting a mythic item. It will just be one extra option for those who want it.

Why do players get so annoyed by having extra options for players to take advantage of? Just because you personally would not take advantage of this option does not mean others would not. Does it really bother you if others have more options?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tramtamtam:1187465
    200 days for what?.. so there will be again players that will do token quests with their 20 toons and sell to new players for 40 millions. I vote NO
    This guy needs a medal, lol. Took the words out of my mouth! This wouldn't be any fair. People have jobs, school, etc. Technically speaking, those with no lives who lives in their mothers basement will totally benefit. No fair! The Hauntlet token idea sounds good, but elite parties will totally benefit once again, catering to the people with lots of time in their hands.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Szangheili For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    This guy needs a medal, lol. Took the words out of my mouth! This wouldn't be any fair. People have jobs, school, etc. Technically speaking, those with no lives who lives in their mothers basement will totally benefit. No fair! The Hauntlet token idea sounds good, but elite parties will totally benefit once again, catering to the people with lots of time in their hands.
    This reply is garbage, and the fact that someone thanked you for it is repugnant. First of all, your agreement with tramtamtam is mind-boggling. He/she obviously hasn't bothered to read Energizeric's idea in full (let alone this entire thread), because he/she is inferring that no one else has the ability to do this quest except for end-gamers. Last I checked, as long as you have unlocked the towns that the bard is in, you can do this quest daily - putting you on equal grounds with everyone else in the game. Secondly, you're honestly making the argument that spending 10 minutes a day (which is about how long all 4 bard quests take in total) is not fair, and that people with jobs, school, etc. are at a disadvantage? Did you even think about this statement before you typed it? Just because I might play this game for 2 hours per day but you only choose to play for 30 minutes per day, doesn't change a darn thing. We both can finish the bard quests and collect our tokens daily within about 10 minutes. You can finish these quests while standing in line for coffee if that's what you want.

This idea that Energizeric has put on the table has equal-opportunity written all over it. There are no special requirements to partake in the bard quests - so where in the universe are you guys pulling these notions that people will be at a disadvantage if they aren't hardcore, end-game players?

P.S. Making the generalization that people who play this game a lot all have no lives and live in their mother's basement is not technical speaking at all, and is pretty inconsiderate.
    Last edited by Taejo; 08-12-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I keep my mother locked in my basement. Does that count?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Well then I guess you will have to find a different game to play.....LOL [/sarcasm]

Or.....how about you just don't do the quests and don't get the pet? You did hear me say it would be optional, right? Or if you must have the pet, you can buy the egg from the auction after someone else works for it.

This idea would just be an option for those who want to spend the time. There will be necessity in getting this pet. It won't give you any achievement that you wouldn't get from getting any other mythic pet, or looting a mythic item. It will just be one extra option for those who want it.

Why do players get so annoyed by having extra options for players to take advantage of? Just because you personally would not take advantage of this option does not mean others would not. Does it really bother you if others have more options?
    Now I agree. Happy? +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    basicly he want to say
    "I have lots of story tokens, and i hope i can make lots of money from it"
    Lol.
    IGN(s): Anymove L40(a Rogue since S3)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anymove For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Whoops, didn't mean to hurt somebody with my statement, but who cares? I was just stating how I felt, yeah it was a good idea, but if they ever do implement this in game, they should do it with Hauntlet coins. Idc if you think differently, I just simply do not like the idea, is there a problem with that? -.- The rich get richer in 200 days, why? Because like you yourself stated, 10 minutes everyday will simply get them to finish the quests and then sell the eggs for millions. Please think of what you're trying to do. Ppl have lots of toons you know.
    Last edited by Szangheili; 08-13-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Whoops, didn't mean to hurt somebody with my statement, but who cares? I was just stating how I felt, yeah it was a good idea, but if they ever do implement this in game, they should do it with Hauntlet coins. Idc if you think differently, I just simply do not like the idea, is there a problem with that? -.- The rich get richer in 200 days, why? Because like you yourself stated, 10 minutes everyday will simply get them to finish the quests and then sell the eggs for millions. Please think of what you're trying to do. Ppl have lots of toons you know.
    Do you really think someone with 20 toons is going to spend 3 hours per day for 6 months doing bards quests? LOL

If it takes 10 minutes per toon, then 20 toons means 200 minutes, or about 3 hours and 20 minutes. I think your suggestion that someone will actually do that is a bit crazy.

And BTW, if someone would spend this much time, shouldn't they make many millions? Would they not make millions of gold if they spent 3 hours per day farming Jarl for crates?

It appears to me that by my suggestion it would be so difficult to acquire this pet that it would not be a real money maker for anyone and would be mostly for those who are unable to get a mythic pet any other way since maybe they have no plat. I'm sure there are better ways to spend your 10 minutes per day if making money is your only goal. 10 minutes x 200 days = 33 hours. I'm sure if you spent 33 hours farming elites, or 33 hours in Arena, you would earn far more than however much this pet would sell for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Not saying people have 20 toons, but lets say i have 3 toons plus my main. That is 40 minutes a day every day and at the end selling each pet for 40mil. It's just not right, for 200 days spending almost an hour each day, to become a multi millionaire sounds crazy! I'm sorry Eni, I usually like most of your ideas, but this one i have to pass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

The rich will become richer whether or not this idea is implemented simply because that's the way this game's economy is structured. In light of this suggestion, we need to forget about the rich. The mindset of this idea shouldn't be on "the rich will get richer", but rather "here's an opportunity for poor players (less gold) who don't spend plat and have less time on their hands to get a mythic pet". A quest with a timeline of this caliber will not be very inviting for people to take advantage of simply because the payoff won't be worth the time invested. People who farm and earnestly try to accumulate gold will make many millions in 200 days playing via more productive methods. As an active end-game player of AL, I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't even bother 'farming' this quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili
    and at the end selling each pet for 40mil
    Your estimation of 40m seems a bit exaggerated. Why would a pet that anyone who plays the game is capable of getting (and in the same amount of time) be worth 40m? Arcane pets barely hover around that number, so I doubt any mythic pet would ever reach that price simply because of 'mythic' quality value. This economy isn't perfect, but players still base some pet prices on their quality (e.g. Malison). Let's look at Colton for example: he's currently 200k and takes 200 coins (50 days) to get. Based on that - plus I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's price will be overly inflated early on - hypothetically it might sell for 1.6m. However, no one can predict the cost of this pet; but I highly doubt it would be worth more than any of the older arcane pets such as Glacian and HJ who are currently around 10-15m.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ok, yes i did exaggerate for the price of this pet, and understand this is an opportunity for the poor make some cash, but lets get real here, we all know the vets of this game, like yourself and I, will all take advantage with our toons and after the 200 day count, end up with multiple Mythic or Arcane pet eggs. Does this seriously seem fair to those who do not have the opportunity to create multiple toons? I see this as, once again, the rich becoming richer. I'm not saying I'm poor, because in fact, I have Red Arlor sets in store, and many more expensive items ready to be sold, but I simply am saying, this idea will be exploited by many people, including myself! As much as I'd like to be richer, this will probably ruin the game in many factors. You want Mythic pet, simply spend money and plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I don't know if it's been said already but here is what I think about it...

I think it's a cool idea but if it ever gets implemented, I hope it will be an entirely new (daily?) 'token' quest. This would be the fairest for everyone and not only benefit the ones with many story tokens or hauntlet coins.

A completely new set of daily quests or a new level comparable to Hauntlet for a new mythic pet sounds pretty cool.

The problem could be that if those pets would be really good and grant that mythic title, I bet many less people would be buying Mythic pets from the stable. I know I wouldn't spend 250 plat on a pet if it's not significally better than what I can get for free. People also wouldn't need 250 plat, or open a fortune on elite golden warchest anymore, to get that Mythic title, banner and AP (are there AP's for that?).

So yeah, love the idea of a new 'free' Mythic pet, if it would be with something nobody gets a head start for, but not sure how well it would be for STS/G as a business.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Exactly ^^, they will no longer make money. Plat=Income, they wouldn't stop that for something we can only benefit for. Maybe they can make a new dungeon that costs some plat to run, and when the run is over, you can loot some good stuff, and also make a new Token. And after X amount of tokens you can earn the pet. We both benefit off of this, and STS/G make some amount of income.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Jay, some people made that same argument about the Arcane banner & title when I suggested that hatching an Arcane egg should grant the title. People said that locked crate sales/plat sales would suffer because of this since nobody would want to open those crates if they could get the title for free. All of those concerns were misplaced since we have seen locked crates only grow more popular as can be seen by them having double the price that they had before this change was made, and Arcane pets now go for 50% more than they did before that change.

I think you will see the same thing if they make such a change for mythic eggs. It will not affect plat sales one bit. People here are talking like this egg is going to go for 40m. Yet Hammerjaw Egg goes for 10-12m. How do you figure a mythic egg will go for more than an arcane egg? Both would grant the appropriate title, yet the arcane pet will have clearly better stats. It makes no sense. At best I could see a mythic egg going for 3-5m, and that is only at the beginning. Later on once they are more common the price will fall and I could see it settling on 1-2m. Even at a price of 3-5m, it would be a big waste of time to try to get this pet only to turn and sell it unless you are a twink who is unable to farm elites. Elite farming would be immeasurably more profitable per hour spent.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: