Thread: Which Class is OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Rogue has been always op.
    So twink rogue is op too. =p
    Twinking is not a place for a mage I agree, but at endgame its all equal.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I pointed that out in an earlier reply about mages OP. just look at the leaderboards (and play a tiny violin). And for all who say, yeah but NOW mages are OP: give us two season like that and by then we'd simply just had the same amount of time like rogues did. And only after that i will honestly consider any "imbalance". Most rogues just dont have any idea what it means to die 3 times for any accomplished kill. And still we smurfs are brave and go pvp/tdm tirelessly to help u rogues out with our mana, so u can hop around and one-shot our blue pals by the dozens.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Okay so not all warrs are underpowered
    Buuut you have maul and glacian ad mythics and D;
    The war still ok without maul

But but but!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Twinking is not a place for a mage I agree, but at endgame its all equal.
    A couple of points:

1) Yes, many of the rogues on the leaderboard are twinks, but so are some of the mages. In fact, the one mage that appears on the CTF Kills leaderboard is a twink, and so is 1 of the 2 mages on the CTF Captures leaderboard. I did not check all of them, but I'm sure there are more. I suspect if we eliminated all of the twinks from my list for all classes, we would still have the same kind of imbalance. Also, the "Top Players" leaderboard is all end game players, and that leaderboard still has the same imbalance.

2) Yes, I agree we are balanced NOW, but for so long we were NOT balanced. So forgive me if I think mages deserve their chance to have an advantage for one season to catch up to the other classes. Maybe in season 5 we can actually see a team of mages on the timed run leaderboards. It would be nice for a change. Mages were supposed to be the best "crowd control" class with the best AoE skills, so why then does a team of rogues do better than a team of mages in the tombs dungeons where there is mostly mobs?

Obviously the way STS releases one arcane weapon each season, their intention was for one class to be OP each season. Add that to rogues and warriors being OP during season 2 (before they fixed/boosted shield skill for mages), and that is what created the imbalance on the leaderboards.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-23-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    The war still ok without maul

But but but!
    Hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of points:

1) Yes, many of the rogues on the leaderboard are twinks, but so are some of the mages. In fact, the one mage that appears on the CTF Kills leaderboard is a twink, and so is 1 of the 2 mages on the CTF Captures leaderboard. I did not check all of them, but I'm sure there are more. I suspect if we eliminated all of the twinks from my list for all classes, we would still have the same kind of imbalance. Also, the "Top Players" leaderboard is all end game players, and that leaderboard still has the same imbalance.

2) Yes, I agree we are balanced NOW, but for so long we were NOT balanced. So forgive me if I think mages deserve their chance to have an advantage for one season to catch up to the other classes. Maybe in season 5 we can actually see a team of mages on the timed run leaderboards. It would be nice for a change. Mages were supposed to be the best "crowd control" class with the best AoE skills, so why then does a team of rogues do better than a team of mages in the tombs dungeons where there is mostly mobs?

Obviously the way STS releases one arcane weapon each season, their intention was for one class to be OP each season. Add that to rogues and warriors being OP during season 2 (before they fixed/boosted shield skill for mages), and that is what created the imbalance on the leaderboards.
    Mages are the best crowd control, but in the end, rogues are still the best damage dealers. Correct? Take a look at PL - a bear is the best crowd control but that doesn't mean they are the best damage dealers. Infact, it's far from it.

Crowd control does not equal damage dealers. Crowd Control, in my eyes, is just controlling the crowd so that the DPS class can take care of it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Mages are the best crowd control, but in the end, rogues are still the best damage dealers. Correct? Take a look at PL - a bear is the best crowd control but that doesn't mean they are the best damage dealers. Infact, it's far from it.

Crowd control does not equal damage dealers. Crowd Control, in my eyes, is just controlling the crowd so that the DPS class can take care of it.
    The point of my thread was to show that up until now, there is nothing that mages actually are better at than any other class. Just take a look at the leaderboards to see that. For some players to claim we are OP is just ridiculous. It would be nice if we are actually the best at something that was measurable, where we could see a mage hold the #1 spot on that leaderboard and have most of that leaderboard full of mages. Instead we seem to be an optional support class that can be somewhat useful in some situations, but never necessary or really needed.

I hope for the day that I see a PUG party disband and everyone leave because there is no mage present, or a PvP party all leave because "the other team has more mages than we do". I've yet to see that in all my time playing AL, but often see this with regard to rogues and warriors.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-23-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Weeeeeell kind of. I would also say, of all the classes, sorcerer is the least used class. While Rogue is the most used class. Closely followed by warrior. So natrually, if this is true, we would get some numbers like this. I may be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

Mob damage I'd say Sorc >> Rogue.

Obviously, for Bosses... Rogue's own.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The point of my thread was to show that up until now, there is nothing that mages actually are better at than any other class. Just take a look at the leaderboards to see that. For some players to claim we are OP is just ridiculous. It would be nice if we are actually the best at something that was measurable, where we could see a mage hold the #1 spot on that leaderboard and have most of that leaderboard full of mages. Instead we seem to be an optional support class that can be somewhat useful in some situations, but never necessary or really needed.

I hope for the day that I see a PUG party disband and everyone leave because there is no mage present, or a PvP party all leave because "the other team has more mages than we do". I've yet to see that in all my time playing AL, but often see this with regard to rogues and warriors.
    You forgot.

Support
    Mana
    Mob control
    Fast pve killing
    Fast lvling
    Timed runs. Don't tell me I'm lying, just look at lb. tell me you don't see Smoller, Haligali, Azemazed(can't spell that) Sparbot. Etc
    Pvp. Don't tell me I'm lying, when most rouges, with skills, can kill a rouge, pretty easily actually. Look up pyromagnium on youtube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill:1236318

You forgot.

Support
    Mana
    Mob control
    Fast pve killing
    Fast lvling
    Timed runs. Don't tell me I'm lying, just look at lb. tell me you don't see Smoller, Haligali, Azemazed(can't spell that) Sparbot. Etc
    Pvp. Don't tell me I'm lying, when most rouges, with skills, can kill a rouge, pretty easily actually. Look up pyromagnium on youtube.
    timed runs for sure, shuyal and elites are good to have mages. Search up haligali on elite lb pure
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

In my opinion rogues are most powerfull but warriors are op in pvp. For example blacklisted guild has a bunch of bigname warriors and when they join a pvp battle the whole guild joins. Blacklisted is mostly full of warriors so at times the whole pvp battle is one side blacklisted full of warriors and the other side nine lashes full of rogues. Now think about it all warriors need to do is heal then 2 seconds of invincibility then next warrior heals after three seconds which gives nine lashes a 1 second window to killing a tank. Don't worry i did my math there can be up to 5 pvpers in pvp on the same team if all of them are warriors and each 3 seconds a tank heals thats gonna equal the exact time the heal ability recharges which is 15 seconds so as you can see each 2 seconds after the invincibility wears off nine lashes has a 1 second window to kill a very healthy tank and i haven't even began to mention the heal over time ability that goes along with a warriors heal ability. Get my point its almots impossible to beat a team like that. Eventuly the rogues will die and warriors are as you can see are op i hope this helps.
    Proud guild master of <Mage Army>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    In my opinion rogues are most powerfull but warriors are op in pvp. For example blacklisted guild has a bunch of bigname warriors and when they join a pvp battle the whole guild joins. Blacklisted is mostly full of warriors so at times the whole pvp battle is one side blacklisted full of warriors and the other side nine lashes full of rogues. Now think about it all warriors need to do is heal then 2 seconds of invincibility then next warrior heals after three seconds which gives nine lashes a 1 second window to killing a tank. Don't worry i did my math there can be up to 5 pvpers in pvp on the same team if all of them are warriors and each 3 seconds a tank heals thats gonna equal the exact time the heal ability recharges which is 15 seconds so as you can see each 2 seconds after the invincibility wears off nine lashes has a 1 second window to kill a very healthy tank and i haven't even began to mention the heal over time ability that goes along with a warriors heal ability. Get my point its almots impossible to beat a team like that. Eventuly the rogues will die and warriors are as you can see are op i hope this helps.
    Wow. You make it sound like its so easy to time your skills perfectly. And fight. And make sure your teamates aren't lagging and set off their skills at the wrong time. Come on.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Maybe just me but I'm usually sceptical of how some get on lb, and therefore would use other ways to gauge who might be op/up.
    Generally I agree tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

timed runs for sure, shuyal and elites are good to have mages. Search up haligali on elite lb pure
    Edited my post I see.. *Looks suspiciously at Bless o_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Wow. You make it sound like its so easy to time your skills perfectly. And fight. And make sure your teamates aren't lagging and set off their skills at the wrong time. Come on.
    You obviously dont play pvp. All you gotta do is get it right the very first time then as soon as th ability recharges you press it again hmmm doasn't sound that hard besides these guys are pros. Even if they did time it wrong the heal over time affects is enough to keep a warrior over 50% easily. Sorry to be blunt but this is common sense.
    Proud guild master of <Mage Army>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There are far more rogues than sorcerers on the timed runs leaderboards, even those for elites and shuyal. In fact, there are several all rogue teams that are on those lists, but you will never see an all sorcerer team or all warrior team. Unfortunately, even for dungeons with mostly mobs like Hauntlet or Tombs, all rogue teams can clear faster than all sorcerer teams. I thought sorcerers were supposed to be better for taking down crowds?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

This debate has been going on ever since. We have diff classes and each have strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, timed runs LB measure only a single aspect and that is speed to clear the map. I believe that timed LB has some serious birth defects, because like I said, it only measure one aspect of each of our strengths/Mages' lack of it. If their will be LB that measure each of our inherent strengths, that would be fair play.

The analogy is this, the timed LB run is like demolishing a house, were the Mason(Rogue), Engineer(Warrior), and Architect(Mage). Each of them are capable of destroying the house but the Mason clearly can outlast the others because his built is designed for the job. If the measure will be different for each class, then the strengths of each will really surface.
    Last edited by IronMonkey; 08-23-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

There are far more rogues than sorcerers on the timed runs leaderboards, even those for elites and shuyal. In fact, there are several all rogue teams that are on those lists, but you will never see an all sorcerer team or all warrior team. Unfortunately, even for dungeons with mostly mobs like Hauntlet or Tombs, all rogue teams can clear faster than all sorcerer teams. I thought sorcerers were supposed to be better for taking down crowds?
    hehe, last time i was invited by xxsaraixx to join his rogue gang on a elite hall.
    3rogues plus me, i quit on behalf of them so it would be more easy than me hanging around cos i die from mobs.
    4rogues doing elite maps are easy for them. remember before, about elite jarl? 4rogues can do it in less than 30secs.

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

> I have played all the three classes, and i would say its balanced.IMO.
    > In Lb,most are rougues because
    1.Majority of AL players are rougue?
    2. They are damage and fast killers...KS KS KS( CTF kills and Dm Kills,timed runs)
    3. First expansion comes in favor with the rougue( lvl 26 with hooks) thus rougues gets a heads-on with other classes.
    And through that, it will hard to surpass the LB dominated with rougues because if one class surpass it,others would say that particular class is the one OP.(surpassed the headstart from rougue)
    IMO, AL was made with particular roles. No one truly is OP. All depends on skill set-up,equips,internet connection and DEDICATION to be on that LEADERBOARD.(Though as i have said,rougues have a headstart from other class).
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kharmel:1236825
    > i have played all the three classes, and i would say its balanced.imo.
    > in lb,most are rougues because
    1.majority of al players are rougue?
    2. They are damage and fast killers...ks ks ks( ctf kills and dm kills,timed runs)
    3. First expansion comes in favor with the rougue( lvl 26 with hooks) thus rougues gets a heads-on with other classes.
    And through that, it will hard to surpass the lb dominated with rougues because if one class surpass it,others would say that particular class is the one op.(surpassed the headstart from rougue)
    imo, al was made with particular roles. No one truly is op. All depends on skill set-up,equips,internet connection and dedication to be on that leaderboard.(though as i have said,rougues have a headstart from other class).
    this ^^^
    Credits to Iady