Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Yeah...Mythic bow....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

This brings a pain to my kidneys. How in the world is the nerfing of a lvl 35/36 bow to underperform a lvl 31 bow a solution? A) simply Buff the Mythic or B) implement a questline to bump all gold weapons to lvl 36...
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

yeah i dont think its possible to underperform the lvl35/36 bows to be lesser than myth bows since myth bow was only slightly better than bonechill

If they buffed the myth bow as a lvl31 weap thats too OP for that lvl, same with gun and sword+shield so a questline would be nice, or some other way to make myth weaps lvl36 and better than pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    This brings a pain to my kidneys. How in the world is the nerfing of a lvl 35/36 bow to underperform a lvl 31 bow a solution? A) simply Buff the Mythic or B) implement a questline to bump all gold weapons to lvl 36...
    ^ This

I thought Mythic weapons were supposed to be a viable / Best gear for 5 levels (31 - 36)...

Maybe Zu - this means they're working on our new Mythic Katana!!! One Strike, One Death. (The original OSOK)

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Make it so we can craft the bow
    Its not minecraft?
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Because the Devourer (and Bonechill) bows had bugged numbers and were ridicilously overpowered. We leave it like that, they will become more and more inflated and then none of the other weapons can keep up, so now we have to buff those too, so now everything is inflated and we have to buff the monsters to make up for it. After that, you now have to have one of these buffed weapons, or you will get destroyed by the more powerful monsters. It's a problem that will just keep escalating and not even something we're considering. The correct solution to this is to nerf these broken bows.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    Its not minecraft?
    It's Terraria?

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Because the Devourer (and Bonechill) bows had bugged numbers and were ridicilously overpowered. We leave it like that, they will become more and more inflated and then none of the other weapons can keep up, so now we have to buff those too, so now everything is inflated and we have to buff the monsters to make up for it. After that, you now have to have one of these buffed weapons, or you will get destroyed by the more powerful monsters. It's a problem that will just keep escalating and not even something we're considering. The correct solution to this is to nerf these broken bows.
    I agree 100%. Even though there will be some unhappy people who own these bows, this is the only real solution to the issue.

Here's a point I keep thinking about.... PvP was pretty balanced in the last campaign. If STS were to buff the mythic bow by 30+ dmb, but not buff the sorcerer & warrior mythic weapons, then wouldn't that have a big affect on PvP balance? I think it would. So then if you buff the other mythic weapons, then you are basically creating an environment where the mythic weapons are so much better than the non-mythic weapons that PvP will be hard for anyone who doesn't have mythic weapons.

I always thought it was strange that rogues had such a cheap weapon (bonechill bow) that was almost as good as their mythic weapon. Other classes did not have such an option. I think that's one of the reasons why so many rogues dominated PvP. In a PvP match with no mythics, rogues had a very clear advantage.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Just want to clarify that the bows have 2.2 points of damage per level, and the Devour bow is only 11 points above the level 31 bows, which is correct. It only LOOKS like it is 30 points because most Rogues at this level have at least 300 bonus damage.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Thats really awesome to know but when you think about it the bonechill bows have been ridicilously overpowered for a really long time now.. would have been much easier to debuff them back when they came out but now its like a rolling snowball, but then again, captain hindsight was never an actual super hero so i dont feel too clever.

Name:  sp_1411_clip05 (1).jpg
Views: 140
Size:  70.4 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Oooor, you can add to the fun of the actual gameplay of this already awesome game by creating a fun new scaling quest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree 100%. Even though there will be some unhappy people who own these bows, this is the only real solution to the issue.

Here's a point I keep thinking about.... PvP was pretty balanced in the last campaign. If STS were to buff the mythic bow by 30+ dmb, but not buff the sorcerer & warrior mythic weapons, then wouldn't that have a big affect on PvP balance? I think it would. So then if you buff the other mythic weapons, then you are basically creating an environment where the mythic weapons are so much better than the non-mythic weapons that PvP will be hard for anyone who doesn't have mythic weapons.

I always thought it was strange that rogues had such a cheap weapon (bonechill bow) that was almost as good as their mythic weapon. Other classes did not have such an option. I think that's one of the reasons why so many rogues dominated PvP. In a PvP match with no mythics, rogues had a very clear advantage.

I think I can safely speak for all PvE-ers when I say "Huh?". StG doesn't spend hundreds of man hours trying to figure out what best for PvP. They spend that time on crating new environments for cooperative gameplay. So to prioritize...(in the sprint of me not venting any further)...PvE>PvP <---This....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Oooor, you can add to the fun of the actual gameplay of this already awesome game by creating a fun new scaling quest...
    Oooor, you can enjoy the cap they just gave us...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think I can safely speak for all PvE-ers when I say "Huh?". StG doesn't spend hundreds of man hours trying to figure out what best for PvP. They spend that time on crating new environments for cooperative gameplay. So to prioritize...(in the sprint of me not venting any further)...PvE>PvP <---This....
    PvE has no "balance". Whether or not the mythic bow has 30 extra damage makes absolutely no difference in PvE. So then maybe it will take a party a tiny bit longer (or shorter time) to kill the boss.

PvP has a very delicate balance. A slight change can cause one class to become unbeatable, and then it will just ruin the game completely.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-30-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Oooor, you can enjoy the cap they just gave us...

Umm huh? That sounds too much like prison or boot camp. Take what they give w/o the option of offering any opinion?...plz bruh..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Umm huh? That sounds too much like prison or boot camp. Take what they give w/o the option of offering any opinion?...plz bruh..
    Seriouly? It's a cap versus a quest. The cap is fun for everybody in the game, the quest is for a small part of the population. I accept your opinion but it's a little early to start asking for more. They just gave you what you've wanted for months, accept it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Now the arcane hooks?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

This is gonna be another game that pvp makes everything to be nerfed.