Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Solution to fix the issue of rogues being OP in PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1254140
    We all spam pots, its no different for mages except that we don't need to spam mana pots. And had I entered that green circle, I would have been insta killed immediately. So when I run around I totally avoid that where as to you it seems to be of no concern.Try using armor around 1000 and see how well you do and then come back and show us the video. Then I'll be impressed.
    Thats what im trying to show you. You have to spam 4 pots as a rogue in 1 second, therefore the 5sec cooldown is a bad idea

Stop saying mages are Underpowered in everything, please stop...that has nothing to do with the topic of adding 5sec cd to potions
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    We all spam pots, its no different for mages except that we don't need to spam mana pots. And had I entered that green circle, I would have been insta killed immediately. So when I run around I totally avoid that where as to you it seems to be of no concern.Try using armor around 1000 and see how well you do and then come back and show us the video. Then I'll be impressed.
    Not only u me too. Im playing a rogue character and when i enter that green circle, lol not need to enter, its like 2 inches away from me and bum dead. Im not using mythic armor though, it gives big advantage in armor and hp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Thats what im trying to show you. You have to spam 4 pots as a rogue in 1 second, therefore the 5sec cooldown is a bad idea

Stop saying mages are Underpowered in everything, please stop...that has nothing to do with the topic of adding 5sec cd to potions
    Exactly, at least warriors or mages have to spam one or the other pot. For rogues, you have to spam both and guess what? It takes 2 fingers to spam! So, how are we supposed to attack if we're busy spamming potions? I've been in that situation countless times.

Trust me, as of right now, each class is BALANCED so quit the complaining.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

To play a mage is an occupational hazard and I LOVE IT.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The problem I am complaining about is demonstrated in that video. What he did would be impossible for any other class no matter how many potions they use. That is my complaint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Rogue have 2k/3k hp?& 1k mana?
    Why rogue's always spend more golds for potions?
    Why rogue's cant solo run other dungeons?
    Every normal dungeons/elite dungeons run with my guildmates or friends im wasting more potions.
    Im always one hit on elite bosses when im using rogue..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Rogue have 2k/3k hp?& 1k mana?
    Why rogue's always spend more golds for potions?
    Why rogue's cant solo run other dungeons?
    Every normal dungeons/elite dungeons run with my guildmates or friends im wasting more potions.
    Im always one hit on elite bosses when im using rogue..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The problem I am complaining about is demonstrated in that video. What he did would be impossible for any other class no matter how many potions they use. That is my complaint.
    Challenge Accepted.

Am I OP and need to be nerfed? Haha.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Wow, impressive, Fal! You're one skilled mage. Nice job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Challenge Accepted.

Am I OP and need to be nerfed? Haha.
    Thanks for sharing this, but a staff user like me, this will be hard.

Side question: In your vid, someone asked you in game about the best level to open crates, what's was your answer? Hehe, thanks
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, but a staff user like me, this will be hard.
    This is the problem with a staff, you have to turn and face your attacker. In some situations this is fine but in other situations it can be certain death. I'd probably not use the staff auto attack at all and just use your skills if you insist on using a staff. You can always switch between a staff and gun as the situation dictates.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    Side question: In your vid, someone asked you in game about the best level to open crates, what's was your answer? Hehe, thanks
    Any of the twink levels like 5,10,15,16. Because the pinks tends to sell at a better price. One person in my guild created a level 5 to open crates, and on the first crate he opened he got a Samael egg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Very impressive. You obviously have a very offensive oriented build (4 offensive skills) and you have samael which helps a ton, especially with the crit bonus -- you seem to land crits quite often. At the amount of time spent and potions used, I don't know if this is really an effective way to farm. Rogues on the other hand can farm very effectively solo, and I know quite a few of them who do so and make quite a bit money doing it.

FYI, I've never tried a 4-offensive skill build. I do pvp, flagging, pve tombs and pve elites all quite often, so I need a build that allows me to switch between those different tasks on a regular basis. So even though I have 5 skills I run with, only 3 of them are offensive. Obviously that limits me a bit.

But still back to the original point, we have seen two videos: one of a rogue doing it solo and one of a mage doing it solo. So if we had a timed run leaderboard for that, who would win? Seems like the rogue did it twice as quick. Which was my point in the first place.

We all have a fixed amount of time we play the game, and in that time rogues can accomplish a lot more in PvE than mages or warriors can. They can get more kills, farm for more items, finish more dungeons, etc. For a sorcerer or warrior to compete on the leaderboards with a rogue, we would have to play more hours. And for us to compete on the timed runs leaderboards, we would have to team up with rogues in a party. On the other hand, a full party of all rogues will do just fine in timed runs. Try that with a full team of mages -- not so successful.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-09-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Typically I run 3 offensive skills and one defensive skill (shield). However lately I have been getting a number of invites to do timed runs. So to save myself some plat I haven't respec'd back to my usual farming build. 4 offensive skills is doable but only if you run with better & more experienced players. Since I like to farm with a number of different people with varying skill levels I normally use a build more geared around crowd control and survivability instead of pure damage. This is why I don't use lightning because it doesn't do anything for me in terms of crowd control. The rogues in the party are damage dealers, so I focus on staying alive, crowd control and doing AOE & DoT damage.

Unfortunately what the two videos show is that even with a lower damage stat, rogues can produce more damage through crit damage. And this is the rogue using Abaddon while I am using Samael and we're both full mythics. So the rogue doesn't even get a crit bonus with Abaddon while with Samael I only have 28% crit. I personally can't use a pet without a stun. I am not a fan of Abaddon's arcane either. Also rogue's have 30% more armor so as seen in the video, the rogue will walk into the green circle with complete disregard for the potential hazard. Where as I do everything I can to completely dodge that thing because it is almost immediate death if I enter. So you have a class which is dealing 2x damage and 30% more armor. And they say mages are OP. Haha.

For timed runs, mages are in demand and I get asked often enough to do timed runs. And am on the leaderboard for a few maps right now but I don't expect them to hold up for one reason or another. Also last season I got a banner for pure and enhanced timed runs. Also a full team of mages can have success doing timed runs, last season we beat a number of enhanced times:

Tombs of Kraag, Level 1: Time - 31s 901ms / Arrypotta, Beatriixx, Falmear, Meecah
    Kraken Mines, Level 1: Time - 42s 332ms / Arrypotta, Beatriixx, Falmear, Meecah
    Kraken Mines, Level 2: Time - 44s 105ms / Arrypotta, Beatriixx, Falmear, Meecah
    Kraken Mines, Level 3: Time - 1m 0s 495ms / Arrypotta, Beatriixx, Falmear, Meecah

Maybe no one cared enough to beat us. Anyways, I am sure the usual suspects will chime with their usual series of explanations and whatever else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Tombs of Kraag, Level 1: Time - 31s 901ms / Arrypotta, Beatriixx, Falmear, Meecah

Maybe no one cared enough to beat us. Anyways, I am sure the usual suspects will chime with their usual series of explanations and whatever else.
    My team tried to beat this time for about 2 hours with varying strategies, gear, and pets. You guys posted a great time. Closest we got was about 2 seconds behind… given more time I’m confident we would’ve beaten it, however most of the ones we took, we took with little to no trouble.

We were 2 rogues and 2 mages for our team.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sure, we rogues can be very good if we spam potions constantly. But doing so is extremely inefficient. We can sacrifice efficiency for things like the leaderboards but this is far from true in regular pve and when farming. It costs some serious cash to run an inefficient rogue. A day of solo farming can easily cost around 200k in pots alone. I would much rather work as a team (the way the game is meant to be played) and save a large portion of that 200k than blow all that money just to save a few seconds per run. I'll admit, it does give rogues an advantage on the leaderboards, but at a serious cost. In regular pve and farming, nerfing pots would result in reduced DMG due to mana loss and more deaths due to health loss. It would nerf rogues all around as rogues are almost completely reliant on pots to deal DMG and even survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Very impressive. You obviously have a very offensive oriented build (4 offensive skills) and you have samael which helps a ton, especially with the crit bonus -- you seem to land crits quite often. At the amount of time spent and potions used, I don't know if this is really an effective way to farm. Rogues on the other hand can farm very effectively solo, and I know quite a few of them who do so and make quite a bit money doing it.

FYI, I've never tried a 4-offensive skill build. I do pvp, flagging, pve tombs and pve elites all quite often, so I need a build that allows me to switch between those different tasks on a regular basis. So even though I have 5 skills I run with, only 3 of them are offensive. Obviously that limits me a bit.

But still back to the original point, we have seen two videos: one of a rogue doing it solo and one of a mage doing it solo. So if we had a timed run leaderboard for that, who would win? Seems like the rogue did it twice as quick. Which was my point in the first place.

We all have a fixed amount of time we play the game, and in that time rogues can accomplish a lot more in PvE than mages or warriors can. They can get more kills, farm for more items, finish more dungeons, etc. For a sorcerer or warrior to compete on the leaderboards with a rogue, we would have to play more hours. And for us to compete on the timed runs leaderboards, we would have to team up with rogues in a party. On the other hand, a full party of all rogues will do just fine in timed runs. Try that with a full team of mages -- not so successful.
    They are the DPS class...AKA the best at killing bosses.

Try asking a rogue to complete WT4 solo and then ask a Mage to do the same thing. I guarantee that the Mage will complete it faster. In this case, this was a boss fight so of course the rogue advantage is going to be noticeable (as there's only one target to attack).

Your point was that sorcerers cannot solo maps when infact, they can.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    They are the DPS class...AKA the best at killing bosses.

Try asking a rogue to complete WT4 solo and then ask a Mage to do the same thing. I guarantee that the Mage will complete it faster. In this case, this was a boss fight so of course the rogue advantage is going to be noticeable (as there's only one target to attack).

Your point was that sorcerers cannot solo maps when infact, they can.
    While I agree with you I think this particular map is a bit different. Because a lot of time is lost because I can't directly confront the 4 mobs. I need to adopt a more defensive strategy because if I enter the green circle its virtually instant death. If I could stand still and bring the mobs together then my AOE damage would be more effective. So what I feel is limiting me is not the amount damage I am dealing but the amount of time I am spending focused on running away then attacking. But for pure boss fights you are right, rogues have the advantage and what they are designed to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

So -

I'm not really a sports fan but... Here goes:

Every team sport has positions for players.
    Every good team has players who play their own position VERY well, while at the same time probably LACK immensely in the others.

This last I checked was a TEAM game where you form teams (parties) and everyone Plays a Role (Role-playing)...

Just saying - it always strikes me as odd that an attempt is made to 'balance' the 'classes' so they're equal.

They will never be equal, but I think STS does a darn good job of making them CLOSE.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender