Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Exactly, game is for casual gamer now, no strategy required, run through zone, blast away, kill everything, no tank required.
    Does this mean... devs are gonna make us time limits!?!?!! -is scared-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Does this mean... devs are gonna make us time limits!?!?!! -is scared-
    I don't think so :P If ever, its going to be long enough for a group of lower levelled, lower geared people to complete, so definitely long enough for capped and well geared. Maybe an elite dungeon with time limits! :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played my level 50 mage and bear after the new update.

All I can say is.... The bear is back, baby! My bear was getting ready for a long winter alone in a cave somewhere, but today I dusted him out and had fun playing him again.

It's so nice to have my beckon back. I still have trouble keeping aggro when the mages and birds run around with the boss chasing them, but that's not much different from before all the tweaking started.

The mobs (at least in Victory Lap) take longer to kill solo, but combos seem to fix that. This definitely encourages more teamwork. Haven't tried the other maps except Crush the Keeper. There I found that my mage can still tank the mobs with the poor bear lagging behind. I know what it was like to try to beckon the mob into the corner, only to find all the mummies dead and the mages halfway through the map already.

I think that maybe the mobs need to be hardened up a little bit. The original Keeper mobs really got the teams working together because they were more difficult to kill. The current ones, not so much. Haven't tried the new Captive Audience, but playing yesterday with 4 level 50 mages, we pretty much just split up to kill the mobs and met up where T'Paxx was. They were that easy. Might just as well bring back the rush because this is just a slower, grindier version of it.

Back to Victory Lap, the pace of the game is also better. The weapon speed (scimitar) doesn't quite feel like wading through molasses anymore. Will try a few more runs tonight, but my tank is definitely no longer sulking.

Oh. And thanks, devs. I know we gave you guys a hard time. But we only do it because we care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Devs more bird feedback:

Leveled a couple more times today. Same thing.. I cant pull agro off mages who are only AOEing. This means that their AOE dmg > Bird single target damage. I can dump skill/auto attacks and not pull boss/individual mobs off mages spamming AOE.

Again this is the 15-17 level range. Dex bird. 5 focus, 5 blast shot, 5 med.

I realize we shouldnt be able to keep up on a group of mobs with casters, but on a boss, our DPS SHOULD be able to pull off a mage(not a tank with taunts) who is just DPSing. Now, after several games I still cannot. I do decent damage do MOBS and can solo them with a full game even, but mages aoe dps is still higher than bird single target dps.

On bosses that take a bit to kill, a bird should have the DPS advantage easy. Archers = strong single target, weak vs group, casters(should be)= strong vs group, weaker vs single target(especially since they get heals and rezzes too).

Please re-evaluate bird Single target dps. As it is I cannot really see any point in even having a bird in a group. Strongest group would likely be a combo of casters and bears(to tank)as casters do overall more dps and the heal/rez/dmg out weighs any debuff birds have(again at my level). Raising auto attack damage, or reducing bow speeds back would riase only out single target dps a little. Just a thought.

P.s. makes you wonder if the devs actually see your post. I know they cant respond to every person who trys to give good feedback, but sometimes it feels like with 30+ pages your posts may just get "skimmed through" /shrug Keep up the good work and fix the game devs!

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #305
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We read every one... thanks for the great feedback and please keep it coming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We read every one... thanks for the great feedback and please keep it coming!
    There's 300+ replies how much feed back do u want :P
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #307
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Always more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@^

I agree with how birds should have higher DPS on a single target vs the crowd DPS of a mage. They should probably get higher spike damage skills? Or just generate more hate. But I think more than mage/bird aggro, that tanks should be able to get the aggro most of all. Right now it goes Mage - Bird - Bear in terms of aggro.

Also, on a different note, I have a thought on the new ease of Ao3. I totally understand and agree with it since it closes the gap between geared and capped players vs new emerging ones. This makes it easier for the lower levels and such to "catch up".

I suggest an elite dungeon targeted for the capped players. This dungeon should be hard enough for only the cap/geared players to do, and have some unique drops available only from it. Furthermore, these unique items from the campaign, should be binded to player. If its gonna be trade-able, it makes the Ao3 campaign useless since everyone will then be aiming to buy the new elite dungeon loot instead of actually doing the dungeon, then creating a gap again between the rich and the poor. If binding cannot be done, very rare drops of these items would also suffice.

Other than that, I'm VERY happy with the rebalance. 9.99/10 for me. Until another balance or update comes, thats my review (together with previous posts ofc).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yeh, birds need more agro. Make it real and have 'em taste like chicken. Then all the enemies will come and kill us. (the birds) Give us agro!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

well, in terms of pulling a mob of a mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gear that binds:
    -for this to work u gotta implement a system that allows divying up of loot that isn't random then so that each class gets their respective gear when it drops otherwise people are gonna be gettin stupid amounts of random gear that they can't use or sell. I don't think binding gear works on this game, it isn't wow. The game isn't soffisticated enough for this.
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkar View Post
    Gear that binds:
    -for this to work u gotta implement a system that allows divying up of loot that isn't random then so that each class gets their respective gear when it drops otherwise people are gonna be gettin stupid amounts of random gear that they can't use or sell. I don't think binding gear works on this game, it isn't wow. The game isn't soffisticated enough for this.
    Touche. Didn't think of that. Not really aiming to make the game more complex, just a method of avoiding of making Ao3 "useless" or less sought after if a new elite dungeon is made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I also noticed something. The mages, with full BOV, had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more crit than a bird. you tell me, is a mage meant to have crit? maybe? Now, you explain to me why amazing awesome sniping archer has 1/3 of the crit of a mage that already deals enough dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyways I wouldn't change much more for now.... The game rox even more than before and I don't even play Mage. (which are arguably the only thing left a BIT unbalanced)
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkar View Post
    Anyways I wouldn't change much more for now.... The game rox even more than before and I don't even play Mage. (which are arguably the only thing left a BIT unbalanced)
    Fully agree. I'm hoping this satisfied state stays though, we all know how fast the community changes opinion :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey maybe they can even take their flame retardant suits off as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

PLUS!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see how people are complaining about if they didn't cut crit, there would be humongously big crit. Even if they didn't 'balance' it, the armor should go up. so, the armor will negate a lot of dmg added by crit, thus negating the effect of crit. i'm more of thinking about just, maybe, turning everything back to normal, and speed up the weps a teensy bit, and just tuning up the elves to the bear/archer lvl, so we don't have to go through all this tipsy turvy economical stuff and refinding a new build . I agree with people that the old destiny,fate,etc. are now amazing, and the really expensive amazing stuff now is down to the lvl of the old, suckish, items. So, my main point is to just tune up the ELVES, and keep everything else same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Elly, have the bosses drop a token/s, that you can take to an npc to purchase the epic item/s, make the tokens bindable on drop, you can even make it that you need x amount of tokens to get the gear, do the same thing with pvp, called them Aterra medalions of lore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Yeh, birds need more agro. Make it real and have 'em taste like chicken. Then all the enemies will come and kill us. (the birds) Give us agro!!!
    Maybe you missed my point...

The point of saying "I cant pull agro off a caster" means between a caster and a bird, whoever has done the most damage to it will have the agro. If I can't pull the agro off the caster, I am NOT doing more damage to it than the caster.

I dont meant I WANT more agro, I just mean that if a caste and a bird of equal level/gear are the only 2 in the game, and we are on a boss by itself, the boss should be agro on the bird the whole time because agro will be determined by most damage dealt to it. As of now, the bosses always chase the casters which means they are out DPSing on single target as well as AOE.

To clarify, I dont WANT more agro, but in principle, I SHOULD be able to all out DPS and TAKE agro if I so choose to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'm enjoying my Mage again, but I have to say I feel bad for all the castrated bosses. They hardly put up a fight anymore. I remember even Plothozz could cause some problems if we didn't have proper teamwork and pinned him against a wall. Now the poor guy can be thrown about every which way and still die quick and easily.

And keeper, jeez, he's like a little puppy now.

I dunno why you Nerfed everything at once. If you wanted to make the bosses easier to kill, then there was no reason to make all the elite equipment equal to the common pinks. Bc now everyone can kill the bosses more easily and have more chances at the loot. I think you guys may have gone overboard by changing everything at once instead of trying one thing at a time (ie. Leave the equipment alone until you're done messing with all the classes and enemies). It's better than yesterday, when my Mage was a god. At least today I died a couple of times if I rushed into a mob too quickly.

I dunno, I kinda miss the challenging bosses. I liked that each one required a certain strategy that had to be mastered. Now they're all pretty much the same. Even Gurg doesn't seem to require orbs as often now.

Kinda silly that we sorta had an elite dungeon with Victory Lap but it got Nerfed. Does that mean you plan to make a separate elite dungeon and charge 20 plat for it? Hope not.