Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The L71 Bear Guide!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotFortal View Post
    I don't even have a bear, but you ARE going to lose. I believe 71 to be luck based, but you believe it to be skill based, so isn't it gonna be awkward if you, such a pro 71 who can take on 3 pcs bears with founders, lose to someone who just lvled up? That's why I'm willing to bet my eyebrows, I would normally have 50% chance of winning, but since I'm better than you and luck is not 100%, let's say even if it were 99% and 1% skill, I would still have over 50%, thus it's rational for me to bet my eyebrows, because I have bigger chances of winning than losing.
    If it's all luck, than how would u know u would win?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I'm not denying there was a luck factor. However, consistency did override luck in L71 cap when the skills were L7. Anyone who PvP'd at that cap knew that.
    Valid point, pre-48 dodge buff(now 40) and 12 meter hellscream and 90 damage rage, crusher set damage was quite high still but nothing compared to now
    The majority of this discussions is based on the ridiculous skill effects mentioned above which is why a large portion is luck based now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Also, trust me, at L71 cap it was not luck. Yes, dodge was a factor, but it was not luck. I was able to prove that by multiple matches with countless bears.
    I'm not denying there was a luck factor.
    Whatever helps ya sleep at night :)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Valid point, pre-48 dodge buff(now 40) and 12 meter hellscream and 90 damage rage, crusher set damage was quite high still but nothing compared to now
    The majority of this discussions is based on the ridiculous skill effects mentioned above which is why a large portion is luck based now
    Then going back to David, the tourney was not based on luck. Were there some instances of luck? Sure. However, there was consistency for a reason.

For example, when looking at my wins, I believe only one or two matches were above 10-5.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I don't even have a bear, but you ARE going to lose. I believe 71 to be luck based, but you believe it to be skill based, so isn't it gonna be awkward if you, such a pro 71 who can take on 3 pcs bears with founders, lose to someone who just lvled up? That's why I'm willing to bet my eyebrows, I would normally have 50% chance of winning, but since I'm better than you and luck is not 100%, let's say even if it were 99% and 1% skill, I would still have over 50%, thus it's rational for me to bet my eyebrows, because I have bigger chances of winning than losing.
    You don't even have a bear? Stop posting, go make your bear. I'm getting bored already.

IGN Omghaaaaaaalp

PL: Flawless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    You don't even have a bear? Stop posting, go make your bear. I'm getting bored already.

IGN Omghaaaaaaalp
    He's just a troll who enjoys irking other people.

Maybe it's to fulfill some things he lacks in life?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I'll help him level his bear if he needs it. Somehow, I have a feeling his life is gonna get "busy" real soon.

Oh, and NotFortal, I should tell you that my 71 bear killed Mudr a few times last night. I saw your rage post about him, sure you still wanna do this?

#LuckyKs

PL: Flawless

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness:1280550

I'll help him level his bear if he needs it. Somehow, I have a feeling his life is gonna get "busy" real soon.

Oh, and NotFortal, I should tell you that my 71 bear killed Mudr a few times last night. I saw your rage post about him, sure you still wanna do this?

#LuckyKs

Clearly you payed him to do it

Fess up, yor times out!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Bears actually did require skill at 71 cap, it wasn't till that OP rank 9 skills came into play did bears become OP...

Idk for sure, but I think Apollo won that tourney before 76 cap? If that's true then it did take skill it was not completely luck based. True, dodge has a factor, but its not nearly as annoying as it is now.
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEOKILLO View Post
    Bears actually did require skill at 71 cap, it wasn't till that OP rank 9 skills came into play did bears become OP...

Idk for sure, but I think Apollo won that tourney before 76 cap? If that's true then it did take skill it was not completely luck based. True, dodge has a factor, but its not nearly as annoying as it is now.
    Also, the damage in that cap wasn't nearly enough to KO like it is this cap.

If I remember correctly in that cap, the trick was holding off beckon & using HS, stomp, SMS, vengeful to stun lock them. Then, after that, move in close to debuff first, then beckon them into a wall to begin to hammer down & kill.

Now, however? I can say that I completely suck. I'm just not used to PL anymore.

Who knows, I may even be worse than Crimson! (He'll kill me for that later...)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness:1280550

#LuckyKs
    Str bear>dex bear, I was using a dex bird vs his dex bear and they were 3 whileas we were 2, so I basically got killed by unbuffed beckon and auto. Nothing that can be prevented since it's not up to you when you do and don't dodge. I told you I was gonna lvl it in 1 day once I get 3x.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mysticaldream View Post
    whatever helps ya sleep at night
    why you putting beans on my pizza

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Str bear>dex bear, I was using a dex bird vs his dex bear and they were 3 whileas we were 2, so I basically got killed by unbuffed beckon and auto. Nothing that can be prevented since it's not up to you when you do and don't dodge. I told you I was gonna lvl it in 1 day once I get 3x.
    You guys were 3 they were 2...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

You don't even have a 71 bear but you think you know the the build for one? Well enough to even post it to a guide? And you have the gall to sit here and insult ppl over and over? Please take your over inflated ego and nonsense and go play in the sand box.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn:1280952
    You don't even have a 71 bear but you think you know the the build for one? Well enough to even post it to a guide? And you have the gall to sit here and insult ppl over and over? Please take your over inflated ego and nonsense and go play in the sand box.
    That's what some PvPers are able to do, figure out builds (not like you would know about that, PvEr), and it's not really that much about build, rather than that prevalent luck and a bit of skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

That's what some PvPers are able to do, figure out builds (not like you would know about that, PvEr), and it's not really that much about build, rather than that prevalent luck and a bit of skill.
    You think calling me a PVEer insults me? You are one sad individual. I play PVP and PVE. I enjoy both aspects of the game. I have more kills in PVP and CTF than many that are playing.

It's sad to see what this community is coming to!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

A person who had experience at the level knows much better then a person who doesn't have experience at the level.

Say there's angels 71. Angel pvped at her Mage for a long time to know how the bears work. By fighting against them, she herself learned the bears.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn:1281102
    You think calling me a PVEer insults me? You are one sad individual. I play PVP and PVE. I enjoy both aspects of the game. I have more kills in PVP and CTF than many that are playing.

Oh, I don't want to insult you, sorry I haven't noticed your 1k kills and 2k deaths in PvP. All I'm saying is that I believe I can defeat that dude, since 56-61 is much harder to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn:1281102

Oh, I don't want to insult you, sorry I haven't noticed your 1k kills and 2k deaths in PvP. All I'm saying is that I believe I can defeat that dude, since 56-61 is much harder to play.
    Lemme end this plox

*Knowing that it won't but who cares*

This build was prolly best at 71 cap.I wasn't there maybe.but I do know ther was a 71 tourney if in correct Apollo won of this is wrong just tell meh n I edit it

Oh yea to fortal just keep your
    Mouth shut.Want to rage at me
    Pm meh then

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Revealing For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I'm actually quite surprised at the immaturity of some of the others in here. I'm not really one to talk, and I'm not supporting either side, but just because someone calls a few people some names doesn't exactly give everyone on forums the right to gang up and trash talk on the one troll, does it? I thought alot of people would've handled it better, apparently not. And pls correct me if you're allowed to be just as immature just because someone else does it.