Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: <Elite Runners> Recruiting Members

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Thanks Kal understood.ill think about it.

Essentially this is the area im lacking and i cant remember all the pulls.smtms hard to form a pt and elix contraint makes the run under pressure.levelling pet is another issue for me and im constantly pvping with low level pets.elix issue and finding members who share same interest.

Not aiming for timed runs specifically but efficient run,yes.if i can cut pots spending even more why not.helping others if i can is another thing i am looking forward to participate more.

Ill be in touch with you or alri should ive made up my mind.thanks in advance.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    So the goal of elitr farming is to meet the aps requirememt or building wealth from effective runs (timed and drops)?
    Sorry just wondering.

Im under the impression that elite aps may not necessarily be the goal unless u aiming for lb.i thought the objective is to build solid assests of wealth from elite farming (not looting crates).hence mastering the maps for effective runs cn givr u the edge (for example faster kills faster time so cn do more runs.

Sorry im asking simply coz im aiming to focus on pve this season to mk more effective runs at efficient resource consumption whilst learning the tricks and at least merch good drops consistently.hence i need to ustand er goal and way of doing this to see whether it aligns.
    Only answering why I am trying to do PvP. I honestly hate it, but I need the aps :/ I generally run elite over PvP though, too boring IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I should probably elaborate better on that previous post.

Over the previous season I have seen many of my guildies and friends make the LB gaining a top player, timed run, or PvP kills banner. I have not. For the sake of my own egotistical desires I have decided to get as many APs as I can. Typically I put in the effort to do 1-2 hours of AP runs on week days. However, I have them all EXCEPT PvP. I have a moderate stash of gold and an almost maxed set of gear so I can skip a few elite runs to PvP. A few other members are going for APs as well, but for the most part elite is for fun/gold (when you do a 7.5min overgrow when whole party is using a leprechaun pendant elite isnct a task).

The main goal of the guild is to run elite and build wealth through it. We have many members with myth sets they purchased with wealth they gained through elite (me included).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Alfai -

Thanks for your interest in joining. At this point we don't actively recruit because frankly we don't have to. I get typically 5 - 10 PM messages daily asking to join. Most of those people unfortunately I have to turn away at the moment... Our coaches just simply don't have the bandwidth to coach all 4000 + capped toons in this game how to run Elites.

We do however, help those who help themselves... To give you an example, a recently acquired member of Elite Runners sent me a PM about three weeks ago asking about his build etc... He also asked to join. I informed him that we were in the midst of a recruiting freeze, however that's not a no forever.

Over the few weeks prior, he asked specific questions that were good indicators to me that he:
    a) wanted to learn
    b) had the right personality to join us (always trying to be better)
    c) understood the fundamentals of the game enough that he was trainable and...
    d) never once asked for help from me in any way other than his skill build and strategy.

At some point last week he asked about a strategy for Elites, and I realized he had made it to level cap. I invited him to run with us and after a few runs offered him a place among the guild. He worked hard for the gear he obtained. He worked hard to level grind to get to the cap.

Here's an excerpt from our Guild 'Charter' if you will... The guild vision is one that I believe we have already realized.

================================================== ========================

Guild Vision
    To be a sought after guild providing those who wish to run end game PVE a home.

Description
    Elite Runners is a guild dedicated to end game PVE. We’re Strategists, Tacticians, and are always looking for the most efficient way to run elites. We have a strong core of capped toons who are capable of leading elite runs into the most challenging maps and completing those runs even with uncapped toons or with those who don’t have the best gear and pets in the game. Our coaches help the new to elite learn the best builds, learn the best strategy for certain Elite Maps, as well as where to find the best loot.

Leadership
    I believe that at the heart of a good guild is good leadership. I lead Elite Runners as the GM, however I have empowered all of my Officers to act in my behalf when I am not around. We make decisions as a group for the direction of our guild and I trust the judgment of the officers implicitly.

Officers
    Officer status is an earned status. Some of the officers we have are original members from the formation of our guild. Some of them are relatively new members of our guild. We have no time requirement for being promoted to officer, my expectations of the officers is that they are capable of not only running elites, but also coaching new-to-elite members on how to effectively build their toons, how best to run certain maps, as well as being active and helpful in any way they can.

Recruiters
    In Elite Runners, the status of recruiter is earned by showing your toon's capabilities of running with the officers. Once we have determined that a player is not only capable of running elites, and can represent the guild appropriately when and if running PUGS. We would promote that player into the recruiter status.

Additionally recruiters are considered coaches and provide advice and help to members by Leading Elite Runs, as well as providing assistance with certain builds and ways to spec toons. My expectation of the recruiters is very high and we do not have many of them.

Members
    Elite Runner’s members are the reason we exist. Joining Elite Runners is a statement you make to us and to yourself that you want to be the best you can be with what you have. We are here to help coach, guide, and instruct the members of our guild into well versed and capable <Elite Runners>. Nothing excites me more than helping a member run an elite map for the first time or teaching them something new with their build that they didn’t realize, effectively making them stronger, better, faster. I am here to help my members achieve their individual goals. Members play on their schedule and have no requirements other than to run elite maps with recruiters and officers.
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 09-25-2013 at 11:35 AM.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

Over the previous season I have seen many of my guildies and friends make the LB gaining a top player, timed run, or PvP kills banner. I have not. For the sake of my own egotistical desires I have decided to get as many APs as I can. Typically I put in the effort to do 1-2 hours of AP runs on week days. However, I have them all EXCEPT PvP. I have a moderate stash of gold and an almost maxed set of gear so I can skip a few elite runs to PvP. A few other members are going for APs as well, but for the most part elite is for fun/gold (when you do a 7.5min overgrow when whole party is using a leprechaun pendant elite isnct a task).

The main goal of the guild is to run elite and build wealth through it. We have many members with myth sets they purchased with wealth they gained through elite (me included).
    Great to know.i too purchased all my gears and earn it thru hardwork.im not as fortunate as others who are lucky enoufh to loot and consistently spend plats.and i see ap as personal achievement and second lb is also anthr achievement in the eyes of those who know whether one is deserving it or not.and my ap is 15300 lacking the assests and flags achvmnt.im not sure i understand the point you are trying to deliver on the goals but basically to conclude im aiming for pve farming this season as to make more money other than merching which i sck.and i am a runner who runs with specific goal to achieve.

Thanks kali for the runs.thanks alri for the inv.catch ya soon.

And to add ive had enough exp being in guild with braggers egoistic players etc.esp when they arent living up to their words.i try to play,not say..my immediate goal is always to keep improving.im hoping for a fantastic journey with er.
    Last edited by Alfai; 09-26-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

helloo, can i join your elite runs? coz i'm now active in elites. but now i have my own guild. IGN: killedwarrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Great to know.i too purchased all my gears and earn it thru hardwork.im not as fortunate as others who are lucky enoufh to loot and consistently spend plats.and i see ap as personal achievement and second lb is also anthr achievement in the eyes of those who know whether one is deserving it or not.and my ap is 15300 lacking the assests and flags achvmnt.im not sure i understand the point you are trying to deliver on the goals but basically to conclude im aiming for pve farming this season as to make more money other than merching which i sck.and i am a runner who runs with specific goal to achieve.

And to add ive had enough exp being in guild with braggers egoistic players etc.esp when they arent living up to their words.i try to play,not say..my immediate goal is always to keep improving.im hoping for a fantastic journey with er.
    I felt inferior so I am trying for LB. Wasn't trashing anyone but myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Nah, ER is the best example for that, even 'legendary' players with their awesome experience can be OP too

But we have some new pure myths out there ha? ;3 good to know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

Im with Crow on this, i too have got all AP's but PVP, and tbh i hate it. Its boring and contains alot of trash talking idiots. That being said for personal goals i too will be trying to get all the AP's i can in this area. Though my love will always be for PVE.

Alfai, i couldnt agree with you more. And to my knowledge our guild does not contain those that brag or those that are egotistical. I too worked for all my gear even though activities of late would suggest otherwise. By this i am talking about our staffs. We obtained most of our gear by farming, before we even thought about opening crates we had acquired all our myth gear struggling like hell to gather our gold together. The job being even tougher because there was 2 of us to farm for. The only reason we started opening crates was to try and get the Arcane staff, the final item in the game that we desired for our mages.

Now we have got them, it was a ball ache tbh, and i hated every minute of it. I stayed up til 3:30am many days in a row trying to find sellers and em merched pretty much 20 hours a day most days (no exaggeration) when we realised that there was little to no chance of looting one.

Im glad we are done with that, as i said i hated it. Now that that has been achieved we can get back to what we love doing, and that is running. We have started as we mean to go on and are putting every effort into finding new pulls for elites and working hard on bettering ourselves as i know full well that we are only playing a small amount of what we are capable of..... and i must say i am really enjoying it. We are trying pure runs (which means u cant res up) and we are having to learn to work with our new skill set. Its a challenege that we relish in and its what keeps me playing this game.

Basically what i am trying to say to you is that i think that we are on the same page. We're both working towards the same goals, as are many of the more advanced AL players. So saying this, if you ever want to come on a run with us then be my guest. We're on most days and run quick elites, normally playing 'pick a place'. U choose a map, then the next person the next and so on.

Hit me up if you wanna come along

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

We're glad to have you Alfai... Don't forget to request access to the forum group

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=774

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I would also like to say this:

Im sorry guys if me and em have been a little absent of late. We have been slightly selfish in the fact that we wanted to concentrate solely on ourselves, but we had always planned to have a month off if im honest. We (and by we i mean everyone) all worked really hard before expansion whether it be farming or coaching, and personally me and em just needed kinda a break. Saying that i know that we have been neglecting our officer duties, and this is the reason why we have stepped down. I loved being an officer, i love helping people. It gives me satisfaction and pleasure and it always will do. But, an officer needs to be someone that takes their role seriously at all times and i dont feel that we are earning that title at the moment so i feel it is the right decision.

Im not saying ill never be an officer again, and if Alri offered it to me when he thought i deserved it i would most definitely accept. But for now i am going to concentrate on getting the respect back from my fellow guild members and to show them that we are good honest players who can help and do posses a knowledge that can help others.

I hope you guys understand, and i hope you can see now why we have been the way we have.

Thanks again Alri for having us.

Jon

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Aww Friend, You and Emma were great officers!!! You have my respect and trust! XD I don't know what to say, i haven't met such trustworthy and 'virtue' two persons like Emma and You. I am sure all players need some break, this is normal, and all can be tired. But if i can say somethin i wish to say:

You and Emma truly deserve to be officer in mine opinion,
    You both have my deeplest respect and trust.

Don't let some of badpepole let You both down! Heads up!

I hope to play with You both soon friends

_________
    Dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I'm tired

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I'm tired too of being locked from my lil blue dude! Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I'm tired too....Tired of relisting auctions over and over, only to see that nothing sells (even when I am the lowest price by 20+%)

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Leading up to season 5,the numbers of pro pinks r getting very little.as the gears stats n caps getting higher so does one has to keep upgrading to stay competitive.and these pro pinks can only dominate niche aspect of the game (i.e 1v1).hence as the flow one decision not to keep up is reducing the competitiveness including personal achievement.

I am not looking for guild with high end gears players.bt one decision not too does reflect their desire to grow (minus luck and wealth).but i am a believer in efforts and hardwork as it does give you what you want,except its being longer.

Not sure bout being op but obviously being skilled makes the game and experience more fun aint it.

Lb as much as we know people are exploiting the mechanism but one thing that remains similar to all r efforts.whether its purely noble or not.and people r still chasing for a spot be it to impress noobs or personal achievement.coz those who know whether you worth a spot you earn their respect so u do it for your own goals.

I just hope i can get inspired and be inspiring.at least from those who did when i started AL.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

since you are not recruiting at this time can you recommend any guilds in NA that are?

Am a pot spamming lvl 36 warrior that runs elite maps solo...looking for a fun home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bezbear View Post
    since you are not recruiting at this time can you recommend any guilds in NA that are?

Am a pot spamming lvl 36 warrior that runs elite maps solo...looking for a fun home.
    Hi Bez,

When we say that we are not recruiting its not entirely the case. We are currently not recruiting inexperienced runners, but we are always on the look out for people that possess knowledge and understanding of Elite maps already. Our guild is small and our aim is to coach people on how to run Elites and help them to farm successfully on difficult maps, as you seem to already have an understanding of Elites an exeption may be made. Message one of our officers in game and they will try and come and speak to you and maybe do a quick couple of runs to see how you go, if you demonstrate that you can hold your own and already have the basic knowledge then you will be ok

I would advise speaking to either Crow, Alrisaia or Queen as they are all Tank coaches.

Hope this helps buddy, look forward to seeing you out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Saying that i know that we have been neglecting our officer duties, and this is the reason why we have stepped down.
    Jon, I fully understand what you say and I think nobody is blaming you because who knows how crazy we rogues will become in the next season concerning new weapon

Let's work together on helping our members grow because our guild is only that good as most of its members are. Every community has some conflicts from time to time and what I find awesome at ER is that we always overcome hard moments without rage quitting, guild splitting, etc.

As for me personally - in my eyes you and Emm are always officers no matter what your title says. Have a rest from the /o chat for a while, guys

Cya soon

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bezbear View Post
    Hmmm buddy, you caught my attention - you have the most important skill of a warrior - pot spamming

And running solo as a tank is a brave deed. PM me in the game (I am usually logged on as Queenotshade) and we'll see what we can do

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack