Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
The whole point of working hard to gain better gear is to have an advantage in PvP. You don't really need the best gear for PvE. Right now I'm spending every moment of my time in AL saving up for an arcane staff. If I couldn't use it to whoop those with lesser gear, then there would be no point at all to having one. Same goes for mythic items.

Sorry but this is a very bad idea.
That may be your opinion, but there are many out there who are in favor of this idea. So whether it is "good" or "bad", as you say, is a matter of preference.

As a person without mythic equipment, I am trying to at least be fair and see both sides of where people are coming from. Not only my perspective, but that of the other side as well. I am trying to find a way to stick up for mythic users, too. But it seems like all the mythic users want to do is bash and suppress those who don't have the same advantages as them, without acknowledging what the rest of us have to say. I find that mindset deplorable. People keep commenting that "mythics don't cost that much anymore" and that "you don't need a full mythic set to be competitive", but they're missing the point. It's about the principle.

If some people want to play until their minds go numb and their eyeballs fall out of their socket, that's fine. I and many others have a busy life out of this game. I don't have the time/willingness to be able to spend countless hours saving up/farming/merching for items I will hardly have the time to use. I'm fine with not having the latest and the greatest, especially since I'm a casual player and am not playing all too often. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to enjoy PvP against people I stand a chance against.

I personally don't find satisfaction in beating opponents who aren't on equal footing with myself, and then stroking my ego about it. That would be akin to a grown man bragging about smoking 5-year-old child at a game of basketball. Like Vjerevica stated, it really does seem like elite PvPers are not looking for duels with equals.

To each their own, I suppose.