Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Glaive Proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Lmfao... Mauls take me to 100%

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
    Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

IF U HAVE NOTICED, ALL THE TANKS ARE DEFENDING THERE GLAIVES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    Hey guys..sorry to disagree..but THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL, ABOUT GLAIVE!

- Glaive's crits are lower than maul..i already tested it..only does faster attacks, just that!
    - I already did many 1x1, without horns, against glaive warriors..always won! (both with vengeful blood)
    - Maul's proc sill the best by far..i know that pierce attacks are awesome..but 1k- 1.7 k crits??? lool just lies..dont believe that..its not true for sure! Maul still has better crits!

But i have to admit that for 120 damage of difference on stats, maul should be much better..yes...

Cheers!
    says the guy who stole his maul -.-

Edit: not much credibility imo
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvataris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    says the guy who stole his maul -.-

Edit: not much credibility imo
    Stole Paul's maul?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Na..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Na..
    Oh, that's what I heard, lol. Who's maul did he take?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Best pm someone from eos as i dont know 100% of story. Either way something that shouldnt be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
    Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

There's no way this can possibly be true, you're just arguing imprudently now. You wanted feedback in this thread, and you're receiving it. Warriors who are posting here like myself and Crowsfoot aren't going to comment with a bunch of nonsense just to defend some pixels in a game - trust me on that. He in particular is offering you concise feedback, but its obviously not what you wanted to hear. Yes, of course warriors are defending the glaives. This is because: 1. we know exactly how they work and 2. when you start a thread with an obvious agenda to get a class item nerfed, they are going to defend it.

Your crit number claims are being heavily argued because they are not a typical number you see from the proc, and quite frankly not many of the users have ever seen what you're claiming in PvP. The bottom line is, Maul and Glaive procs are on par for killing - maul still being the better choice if you had to choose. Maul is more consistent and much easier for the wielder to take advantage of, not to mention more beneficial for the warrior's survivability (which it should be because it's still a superior, arcane weapon). Glaive is more luck-based and circumstantial, and still able to be countered just like your rogue's aimed shot.

Just to play devil's advocate, most of the players complaining about the glaive on this thread are rogues. My point is, it doesn't matter which class likes the glaive or dislikes it. If you're going to debate something, at least come to the table with valid arguments and legit numbers. For the record, I've played against the glaive as a sorcerer as well, and I honestly don't think its OP - I just figure out ways to adapt and overcome. That's what PvP against new weapons is all about. AL isn't the first game in history to have this aspect to it.

Lastly, like Joncheese said, there's a TON of changes up and coming in the next month or two. Why not relax and see what's in store before we start crying to nerf things. Maybe the new additions will help you live against a glaive proc.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-16-2013 at 12:27 PM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Best pm someone from eos as i dont know 100% of story. Either way something that shouldnt be forgotten.
    "i dont know 100%??" well...looks you know 0% about the "story" -.-

Before insulting someone, 1st you should get TRUSTED info..

And about maul again..maul has better crits..YES! Tested on mages, rogues and warr..so..stop arguing about something that some of you actually dont know...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
    Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

LOOL..really?? what kind of maul warriors have you been fighting with?? humm-.-

all tanks defending glaive?? lool if you say it -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

To be honest the guy who started this thread is extremely unknowledgable (IMO). I didn't post for his benefit. I posted to set the facts straight, if you would like to contradict a point "no you are wrong isn't exceptable." The main reason I posted was so READERS could see both sides of the story. Players I actually value the opinion of (Taejo is one of them) will read every post and evaluate the data. I think the conclusion of this thread is when the glaive is lucky its OP, but when its not (about 95% [this is a guesstimate] of the time) a maul is always better. Additionally, I ha e argued that several factors besides the glaive and maul have stacked to make this season the most in favor of warriors landing kills (the heal nerf makes flagging a little harder, but I need kills so I'm not complaining).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    With good tanks like Overheard, I can't even get to my 2nd round of packs.... His damage is gnarly.
    fyi..i fought 2 times with overheard..with and without horns..won both..and he had the "amazing" glaive.. -.- (and samael too lol)

so i really dont get all this about glaive sorry..-.-

and if we're going to talk about pve..well..maul totally owns glaive, especially coz of proc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    "i dont know 100%??" well...looks you know 0% about the "story" -.-

Before insulting someone, 1st you should get TRUSTED info..

And about maul again..maul has better crits..YES! Tested on mages, rogues and warr..so..stop arguing about something that some of you actually dont know...
    I trust all the different sources i heard it from.

Edit: and I know not to trust you is all.
    good day.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 10-16-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
    Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

Here's an idea: READ WHAT PEOPLE POST. Honestly, some people just make acusations because they can.

People with a glaive defending it: me

People without a glaive defending it: taejo (he uses an architect sword fyi), joncheese (hes a mage), flamear (look! Another mage), and Pedgon (he is arguing that the maul is stronger)

So 1/5 people defending it have a glaive. Yup, that us "all tanks defending their glaive"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    There's no way this can possibly be true, you're just arguing imprudently now. You wanted feedback in this thread, and you're receiving it. Warriors who are posting here like myself and Crowsfoot aren't going to comment with a bunch of nonsense just to defend some pixels in a game - trust me on that. He in particular is offering you concise feedback, but its obviously not what you wanted to hear. Yes, of course warriors are defending the glaives. This is because: 1. we know exactly how they work and 2. when you start a thread with an obvious agenda to get a class item nerfed, they are going to defend it.

Your crit number claims are being heavily argued because they are not a typical number you see from the proc, and quite frankly not many of the users have ever seen what you're claiming in PvP. The bottom line is, Maul and Glaive procs are on par for killing - maul still being the better choice if you had to choose. Maul is more consistent and much easier for the wielder to take advantage of, not to mention more beneficial for the warrior's survivability (which it should be because it's still a superior, arcane weapon). Glaive is more luck-based and circumstantial, and still able to be countered just like your rogue's aimed shot.

Just to play devil's advocate, most of the players complaining about the glaive on this thread are rogues. My point is, it doesn't matter which class likes the glaive or dislikes it. If you're going to debate something, at least come to the table with valid arguments and legit numbers. For the record, I've played against the glaive as a sorcerer as well, and I honestly don't think its OP - I just figure out ways to adapt and overcome. That's what PvP against new weapons is all about. AL isn't the first game in history to have this aspect to it.

Lastly, like Joncheese said, there's a TON of changes up and coming in the next month or two. Why not relax and see what's in store before we start crying to nerf things. Maybe the new additions will help you live against a glaive proc.
    Wise words..just saying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I trust all the different sources i heard it from.

Edit: and I know not to trust you is all.
    good day.
    ..like i said..you know 0% about it! Believe in whoever you want..honestly dont care..

and if u think "ALL" from EOS think that..well you have no idea how wrong you are..
    good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    People without a glaive defending it: taejo (he uses an architect sword fyi), joncheese (hes a mage), flamear (look! Another mage), and Pedgon (he is arguing that the maul is stronger)
    Well, for credibility reasons, I must say that I have actually borrowed and tested the Glaive out for myself. While I had it, I took careful mental notes in order to assess whether or not I want to spend 10m+ on this weapon. I definitely do. I've never tested a maul though - only been the victim of getting owned by one It's been around long enough though that we all know it's potential power in the hands of a skillful player.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-16-2013 at 02:11 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Well, for credibility reasons, I must say that I have actually borrowed and tested the Glaive out for myself. While I had it, I took careful mental notes in order to assess whether or not I want to spend 10m+ on this weapon. I definitely do. I've never tested a maul though - only been the victim of getting owned by one It's been around long enough though that we all know it's potential power in the hands of a skillful player.
    I have tested a maul. My assesment was it is superior in every way, except clearing elite mobs. Since I primarilly run elite I am in no dire need to upgrade. PvP and boss fights I would take the maul every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I have tested a maul. My assesment was it is superior in every way, except clearing elite mobs. Since I primarilly run elite I am in no dire need to upgrade. PvP and boss fights I would take the maul every time.
    sorry bro..cant agree about "clearing elite mobs" with glaive being better...maul's proc totally rules on elite mobs...the aoe stun and the 50% less armor it's perfect when running with strong rogues and mages. Coz honestly warr damage isn't important on elite party..still too low..both with glaive or maul,the proc is the difference!

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Very interesting thread, with good insights and feedback!

Something developers in games tend to agree on is that if people are arguing both sides of the fence for a particular item, stat, boss, or whatever, then it's straddling the balance it should be. Doesn't mean it's perfect, but there are many variables to consider other than just a single players experience with a circumstantial proc where the stars align. Player equipment, skills, and play style to name a few.

Everything with a grain of salt. At this time we don't have plans to modify the glaive, but if we did move in it would be a reduction of the critical bonus scale on the Pierce attack. This means that if say I have a weapon that when it crits gets a 150% damage bonus, we would scale that down to 130% or so. These are not the real numbers, just a for instance, naturally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace
    circumstantial proc where the stars align
    Yes, there is the perfect description of what pierce proc's maximum potential is all about.