Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I tried getting into pvp as my mage...very discouraging for someone without guild support. Me and two other mages all fully mythic fighting one warrior, we are all during like crazy, curse, fireball, mythic guns dropping runes arcane pets...he kills all three of us...I don't see the balance here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    I tried getting into pvp as my mage...very discouraging for someone without guild support. Me and two other mages all fully mythic fighting one warrior, we are all during like crazy, curse, fireball, mythic guns dropping runes arcane pets...he kills all three of us...I don't see the balance here
    Let me guess ,he had arcane maul/claive?
    My main char is a war.an my k/d rate is not very good
    Because i dont have arcane maul/claive.. lvl 36 pvp is just for the best equiped
    So here my stats, just too see that theres almost no chane to get a good kdr without claive or maul:
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-10-26-10-04-40.png
Views: 460
Size:  658.9 KB
    Last edited by Eski; 10-27-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

My thoughts are that right now mythic wars with glaive and sam are pretty hard to kill. Even arcane mages have a hard time. However, fighting skills are factored into any pvp match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acidious View Post
    My thoughts are that right now mythic wars with glaive and sam are pretty hard to kill. Even arcane mages have a hard time. However, fighting skills are factored into any pvp match.
    I agree with the mage part. Warrs = Ez Pz.. Smurfs with mythic ir arcane staff is hardly beatable because they can stunlock you.

Shield fb ice light curse samael stunlocking death. Just saying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

As a almost full mythic mage (minus ring) mythic staff user I feel like a huge underdog everytime I play.

1v1 vs Rogue has a fairly decent chance of success granted I get shield up before the first Aimed hits and I am able to stun/slow for the first few seconds as the tripple heal usually negates the damage done during the stunned period even if clyde is having a good day as well. If a rogue gets a hit in before the shield is up then the fight is already over as there is no chance what so ever of recovery. Because I have to drop shield and have fb/ice charged as I run in the 2 sec invulnerability is already over before the next skill is charged/fired. Shield is usually dropped sooner than later given the catastrophic consesquenses of being a split second late. If I do get a stun in that uses up the majority of the shield duration so if the rogue isn't finished by the time the shield fails a mages life expectancy drops substancially.

1v1 vs Warrior. It is almost impossible to take a Warrior in a fair fight, even a mediocre one. A face to face brawl is suicidal which is the only way to hit anything with a staff. I can't out run and kite because I either get smashed and stunned or dragged back in with an axe. Even if I am able to kite for a few seconds I am limited to two attacks every three seconds as my two offensive skills recharge. The auto attack on the staff hits nothing while running and dodging.

In a group fight I pray that my side comes out ahead because the cool down on shield and heal is soooo long that we are easy pickings if we don't have several seconds between fights. A tactical retreat is difficult as we are the slowest class, completly unable to outrun either warriors or rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucaflaeba View Post
    Mage are OP, thank you STS for removing their stuns, they had a good fight before against my warrior and rouge, I mean they shouldt have a chance right?
    My warrior and rogue can now kill them more easily. I can even kill 2-3mages at once now..LoL.

Im so happy when i see a lot of mage on the opposing team now, that means i will get a lot of kill. They were made for support anyways, they shouldnt have the ability to kill. Maybe its better if you reduce their damage a bit, not that they could kill me 1vs1 or 2vs1, but once i got killed when facing 3 mages, pls nerf.

Thank you for nerfing their shield ability, i can now kill mages faster, also could you please nerf their 2s invul so that we can kill them in 1second with aimed shot? Or just remove it completely but give them more HP, like 2000++hp, that way I will still kill them in 1second in 1shot anyway.

Also they have a lot of nukes, please reduce the nukes, its not like they can kill me now but its just annoying..the nuke.

Please add mage's passive movement speed so that they can run away faster, it will add the challenge for us rogues and warrior to chase them, Also please add skyward smash range to 30m and rogues to 30m also.

Please add my warrior heal ability, once a mage nuked me till my health is half. I almost dead to a mage WTH?? They were made for support, how can those blue things got my health to 50% anyways, pls nerf. Well this is a game/fight between rogues and warriors right? Mages is support, PERIOD.

THIS IS A CONSTRUCTING COMMENT, I JUST HAVE TO MADE IT LIKE THAT SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND.

Thank you STS for giving us this awesome free game..cheers
    Lol! This post just kept me laughing for a full 5 minutes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    As a almost full mythic mage (minus ring) mythic staff user I feel like a huge underdog everytime I play.

1v1 vs Rogue has a fairly decent chance of success granted I get shield up before the first Aimed hits and I am able to stun/slow for the first few seconds as the tripple heal usually negates the damage done during the stunned period even if clyde is having a good day as well. If a rogue gets a hit in before the shield is up then the fight is already over as there is no chance what so ever of recovery. Because I have to drop shield and have fb/ice charged as I run in the 2 sec invulnerability is already over before the next skill is charged/fired. Shield is usually dropped sooner than later given the catastrophic consesquenses of being a split second late. If I do get a stun in that uses up the majority of the shield duration so if the rogue isn't finished by the time the shield fails a mages life expectancy drops substancially.

1v1 vs Warrior. It is almost impossible to take a Warrior in a fair fight, even a mediocre one. A face to face brawl is suicidal which is the only way to hit anything with a staff. I can't out run and kite because I either get smashed and stunned or dragged back in with an axe. Even if I am able to kite for a few seconds I am limited to two attacks every three seconds as my two offensive skills recharge. The auto attack on the staff hits nothing while running and dodging.

In a group fight I pray that my side comes out ahead because the cool down on shield and heal is soooo long that we are easy pickings if we don't have several seconds between fights. A tactical retreat is difficult as we are the slowest class, completly unable to outrun either warriors or rogues.
    Get the ring... the health bonus on a mage is substantial.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

since last season , it was totally fair for all classes, especially mage's class because in season 2-3 war and rouge had advantages than mage and mage get killed easily which caused mage's shield was broken by high damage from rouge shot. There are some bugs with mage's skills are fireball and shield... because sometimes i did FB skills some enemies got stunned in 2-4sec, others get stunned less than 1-2sec and even it doesnt affect to them at all.. For the shield skill is similar to FB skills, I thought that when you did full charge of Shield, it can stay long in 10 sec, however, sometimes it worked for me in 10 sec and other time, it worked like 2-3 sec.. i don't know if anyone has same problem like me ..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You need to improve the heal for mage in low lv twinks. At lv 11 mage only heal 500-600 hp, which is the lowest if we compare it with warior and rogue. It makes mage become the weakest char in low lv twink. Its almost imposibble to kill warior and it veryyy hard to kill rogue unless you're lucky with the critial [this is based on the both side have equal equipment]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

A nice armour buff when we mages use heal would be nice and shield, definitely needs a shorter cool down.. Mages are the easiest to kill because 1k armour is too little... 1 aimed shot and we are done even full mythic.... I'm not sure why fireball was nerfed :/ I think fire stuns every 7 sec.... What i would like is when fire stuns give it an exact time to the duration of the stun maybe 4 sec... And the fact that shield doesnt activate as soon as you release the skill is a bit annoying, 1 charge normal attack on rogue can easily fail shield or fireball or sky smash and because shield is such a critical part of Mage pvp do something to reduce the chances of a shield fail. Every time we say something everyone just says to play smarter or your not playing right :/ I think it time that other classes need to play smarter. Also during the 2 second invulnerability I'd like to not be able to be stunned.
    I know that Mage do deal the most damage due to our area affect damage but only really good in pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think, Mages need have Higer armor almost like a rogue

Officer at <Crime Sorciere>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

What sorc's truly need is a skill that allows their crit to be boosted and a shorter cool down on heal. In my opinion, that would solve many problems in both low lvl pvp and high level pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    remove public chat and keep it to team chat only

It sucks to see the opposing team start lashing out at you b/c you're defeating them.
    I never see "gj red/blue team you're doing great" instead what I see these days are " X player you suck b/c you only hide behind others" and 101 other excuses

It's probably the decent solution for the rest of the pvp community.

"Mute opponents chat in pvp arena"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

In my opinion there should be a extra pvp for mythic/arcane players, because i just see mythic players in pvp. The normal players are scared and know they have no Chance so they dont try to play pvp. So there should be a extra pvp for normal players and mythic/arcane players.

And rouges are overpovered just 2 shots and my warrior is death, warriors are to low becouse rouges and mages can have more then double so mutch damage and dps as a warrior. And they can have more then half HP like a warrior so its realy hard for warriors :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm View Post
    In my opinion there should be a extra pvp for mythic/arcane players, because i just see mythic players in pvp. The normal players are scared and know they have no Chance so they dont try to play pvp. So there should be a extra pvp for normal players and mythic/arcane players.

And rouges are overpovered just 2 shots and my warrior is death, warriors are to low becouse rouges and mages can have more then double so mutch damage and dps as a warrior. And they can have more then half HP like a warrior so its realy hard for warriors :/
    Um..no? No idea what ur talking about.

Rogue - 3600 health (ish), 440 damage
    Warrior- 6700 health (ish), 530 damage (ish).

Warriors can also make themselves invincible with juggernaut for 8 sec, good HoT with horn, venge to increase damage/critical.

Rogues can fire fast combos, but warriors can just sit back and relax while the rogue is pounding at their 2k armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Um..no? No idea what ur talking about.

Rogue - 3600 health (ish), 440 damage
    Warrior- 6700 health (ish), 530 damage (ish).

Warriors can also make themselves invincible with juggernaut for 8 sec, good HoT with horn, venge to increase damage/critical.

Rogues can fire fast combos, but warriors can just sit back and relax while the rogue is pounding at their 2k armor.
    You talk about mythic and arcane players i talk about normal players without mythics so rouge can kill my warrior before i can use my health skill normal players have no Chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm View Post
    You talk about mythic and arcane players i talk about normal players without mythics so rouge can kill my warrior before i can use my health skill normal players have no Chance.
    Go farm/merch and work hard or spend $ and get arcane and mythics. Simple dont complain about items other players worked for or spent $ for. It's fair game. Stick with pve if u can't hang in pvp with the big dogs. Aruuufff !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mage should never be killer in any form of game. Mage should be weak and only be a support tools. Remove their stun, lower down their dmg. Buff up their shield and heal. And Introduce new job. It's disgusting seeing mage complaining not able to kill when since day 1 mage has always been a support tools. Please nerf mage more. Thx sts
    Last edited by xunsungwar; 01-12-2014 at 03:34 AM. Reason: spelling error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U forgot to mention rogue hit twice while warrior only get to hit once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xunsungwar View Post
    Mage should never be killer in any form of game. Mage should be weak and only be a support tools. Remove their stun, lower down their dmg. Buff up their shield and heal. And Introduce new job. It's disgusting seeing mage complaining not able to kill when since day 1 mage has always been a support tools. Please nerf mage more. Thx sts
    I don't know if this is serious or not. If it is, then obviously you need to rethink what you said. Sorc being a support class? What makes you think sorcs are a "support" class? If anything, a warrior is a support class because their heal is better, they can tank better, and they can easily keep a group of 3-4 alive. Do you see buffed up sorcs doing the same thing? Absolutely not. Sorcs are MEANT to do high damage in group situations not make sure everyone is healed and keeping the group alive.

Take away our stuns? So you basically want us to be walking targets for the other two classes? What would buffing our heal and shield do if we aren't even able to kill in group situations due to us being nerfed?

You really need to rethink this whole "nerf the sorcs" because they are in desperate need in a buff in my opinion (I've tried all three classes and sorc is by far the weakest in 1v1 situations).

Sorcs need two things: a buff in heal and a skill that boosts our crit (somewhat like aim shot).
    Last edited by Imjebus; 01-14-2014 at 02:12 AM.