Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Untrustworthy People/Scammers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Imo they should only get midas touch ap from claimed gold in auction.
    Last edited by Cremated; 10-29-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Thanks jon alot for this thread and i would agree 100% on adding commas in trade window,

Altho what jon said is right theres only one scam which its taking ur acc info but theres thousand ways to do that and many people would rather work douple hard doing that than work hard to earn the money,
    Thank god i have never been scammed altho arround 10 times people have tried to scam me many ways and i always out smarted them and posted many awarness threads but very few people paid attention.

Just remember as bad as u wana make money everyone the same so u might find some great offers but mostly few of them are true, in fact its only true in 2 cases, 1: he has no idea what hes selling (noob) no offence, 2: hes very amazing friend who trying to help which alot of my great friends have done with me like matanofx and brazzballs and the guy who sold me ring for 2 when it was worth 4 im sorry forgot hes name but il never forget u guys lol.

Somdont get greedy and run to the great offers cause its mostly coming from greedier people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    Well of course NO many of us sell in the outside in legit ways and we would be offended by that -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Let's not get off topic tho, I'm just trying to create awareness for everyone out there with a trusting and kind nature.... Because people try and take advantage of it. I just don't like that sort of person in rl, and will do anything to help people avoid being turned over.
    Hey Jon, I did not mean to hijack your thread - but I think that APs like Goldfinger and Midas Touch really do inspire people to do even more scamming. I hope there will be no more gold APs in the future.

I think one of the problems is that renaming a character and clearing the friend's list is too easy. We all know there are dudes around here who rename their characters like twice per month and I am asking myself, why? But of course he/she can make a new toon and continue scamming so there is probably no cure to that, just extreme cautiousness.

I have never been scammed (I am not boasting, it's just a fortunate fact) probably also because I obey these rules:

1. I never trade items in a rush

2. If I have to undertake a risk (sometimes you have to if for example the amount of items does not fit window and trading against collaterals would take forever), I do it only with people I know (read also point 4.)

3. I carefully check both confirmation windows

4. I tend to trade only with people on a high level and those whose names have been around for a long time (although I may not know them personally)

5. I never enter random trade request (why would someone trade if he did not say what the trade would be about?)

6. If someone wants to trade for item I don't have, it's highly probable that they listed the item in CS for overpriced amount of money

7. If I lend money or items to someone, I am prepared to lose it and I deliberately take the risk

I am sad that so many scammers/trickers are around and spoil the fun for normal players, but this game reflects real life characters of human beings.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

No, let it be as is, I don't think it's possible to reverse this AP as many worked very hard (and spent RL money) to get this APs. I don't have LB ambitions and so these APs leave me cold, but I think STS should not add new assets APs. It has no sense anyway, because like 90% of Midas touches I know gained their title by borrowing money.

It has also no sense to limit the gold to gold obtained via CS, because there is no problem in listing one overpriced item that someone else buys (price is the auction fee of course). And why should honest direct trades be eliminated?

Again, I am not jelly or ranting against asset APs - I am just saying they are one more reason why we have so many scammers around.

GM at <Elite Runners>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You know, that's extremely ironic considering you've asked a few <Average Joes> guild members to help get you the achievement for money related issues.

Why don't you just admit that you are Original, Originaltruth, and all the other alt accounts that you have? Oh, while you're at it, we'd all love to hear how trustworthy you are as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-30-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    Hey Jon, I did not mean to hijack your thread - but I think that APs like Goldfinger and Midas Touch really do inspire people to do even more scamming. I hope there will be no more gold APs in the future.

I think one of the problems is that renaming a character and clearing the friend's list is too easy. We all know there are dudes around here who rename their characters like twice per month and I am asking myself, why? But of course he/she can make a new toon and continue scamming so there is probably no cure to that, just extreme cautiousness.

I have never been scammed (I am not boasting, it's just a fortunate fact) probably also because I obey these rules:

1. I never trade items in a rush

2. If I have to undertake a risk (sometimes you have to if for example the amount of items does not fit window and trading against collaterals would take forever), I do it only with people I know (read also point 4.)

3. I carefully check both confirmation windows

4. I tend to trade only with people on a high level and those whose names have been around for a long time (although I may not know them personally)

5. I never enter random trade request (why would someone trade if he did not say what the trade would be about?)

6. If someone wants to trade for item I don't have, it's highly probable that they listed the item in CS for overpriced amount of money

7. If I lend money or items to someone, I am prepared to lose it and I deliberately take the risk

I am sad that so many scammers/trickers are around and spoil the fun for normal players, but this game reflects real life characters of human beings.
    Thanks Queen, and no you aren't hijacking my thread. Its all relevant

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Queen at one of your points, I always enter trade window because for what you might not know is that someone wants to sell you arcane mythic or collectable cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Queen at one of your points, I always enter trade window because for what you might not know is that someone wants to sell you arcane mythic or collectable cheap.
    I see you totally avoided the post. Hehe
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Of course you alway enter trade window ...... Why doesn't that surprise me

Last edited by Emmacheese; 10-30-2013 at 04:32 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Yes. Last time someone offered 500k for my "swords". He meant Razorbacks. And I don't think he was a "noob".

You are right, sometimes I get a great offer for arcane stuff but I always reply "Buddy, why would you sell it so cheap?".

Because:

1. There is a very small probability that the guy is really new in the game and looted an item without knowing its value. (In such a case I expect an answer like "Wow, thank you! I did not know that")

2. There is a HIGH probability it's just a scammer. In such a case, I don't expect any answer at all, which is also the case always.

As stated above by somebody, for me reputation >>> gear or gold. I am not here to cure my RL complexes. I am here because I love the game and the community (at least, most of the community)

GM at <Elite Runners>

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

just

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I see you totally avoided the post. Hehe
    Funny that eh.

As stated above by somebody, for me reputation >>> gear or gold. I am not here to cure my RL complexes. I am here because I love the game and the community (at least, most of the community)
    Well said.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yes. Last time someone offered 500k for my "swords". He meant Razorbacks. And I don't think he was a "noob".

You are right, sometimes I get a great offer for arcane stuff but I always reply "Buddy, why would you sell it so cheap?".

Because:

1. There is a very small probability that the guy is really new in the game and looted an item without knowing its value. (In such a case I expect an answer like "Wow, thank you! I did not know that")

2. There is a HIGH probability it's just a scammer. In such a case, I don't expect any answer at all, which is also the case always.

Yes I agree with Reputation > Gear Gold.

My Rep is so high ATM i'm going to explode. I'd never scam a person because why would i want to take away someones hard earned money.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Wasted ALL my thanks on this thread, just remember those thanks are sarcastic "Thanks".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Great thread

Here's another one that can happen when you're selling something fairly expensive on CS that you priced lower than someone else... The guy you undercut goes on an alt and makes you a really good offer. Something like the cs price minus the listing fee. If you take it down, the buyer magically disappears or simply ignores you. Of course those might also be people that simply do this to annoy you for whatever twisted reason.

So yeah, maybe not a scam as such but definitely costing you potentially a lot of gold and something to watch out for.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

My Rep is so high ATM i'm going to explode.
    OK, I want to play fair-play with you, buddy. As you left our guild yesterday with your Obliviuos alt without giving any reason, I have removed another alter ego of yours called Beefshield too.

Our guild is very small but it has a good reputation and we are struggling to rebuild its core. Thus, loyalty is very important to us for the time being.

I am glad that you have a good reputation - I am sure it will be no problem to find a new guild then, at least for the time being.

I am really sorry this thread made such a side step because I think STS will close it soon.

GM at <Elite Runners>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

OK, I want to play fair-play with you, buddy. As you left our guild yesterday with your Obliviuos alt without giving any reason, I have removed another alter ego of yours called Beefshield too.

Our guild is very small but it has a good reputation and we are struggling to rebuild its core. Thus, loyalty is very important to us for the time being.

I am glad that you have a good reputation - I am sure it will be no problem to find a new guild then, at least for the time being.

I am really sorry this thread made such a side step because I think STS will close it soon.
    I'm sorry, I am a bad name to your guild. Kaliz knows i wanted to focus on PvP because I have completed all PvE archenemy ap with your help :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Great thread

Here's another one that can happen when you're selling something fairly expensive on CS that you priced lower than someone else... The guy you undercut goes on an alt and makes you a really good offer. Something like the cs price minus the listing fee. If you take it down, the buyer magically disappears or simply ignores you. Of course those might also be people that simply do this to annoy you for whatever twisted reason.

So yeah, maybe not a scam as such but definitely costing you potentially a lot of gold and something to watch out for.
    Thank you for this Jay!

I usually reply "If it expires, it's yours". They reply "But I don't have time to wait!". I say "Bad luck then" and conversation closed.

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I'm sorry, I am a bad name to your guild. Kaliz knows i wanted to focus on PvP because I have completed all PvE archenemy ap with your help :P
    OK, I am glad you take it this way. It's not end of all days and Elite Runners will be around for some more time I think

No hard feelings buddy. I think we can close this side-topic by that.

GM at <Elite Runners>