Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zorathorg View Post
    Lulz.... Id love to sit all day watching stuff just like this...... But im not a support or a mod, and i cant get to stg

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)
    Go and post your adverts somewhere else. You hijacked PL thread too with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaunared View Post
    Sadly there will still be scammers, my suggestion is to lessen the "Temptation" to scam. Scammers will just think " why should I scam more, all of this will be for nothing, I'll be device banned permanently ". By improving support and implementing a strict rule and punishment, scamming will be a NO NO for players, and with this Arlor would be a better place to play in and players would live happily ever after!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    So?? are you repeating your self also? i repeat because you and your boyfriend don't understand its not about the AP!

Take responsibilities its your own fault wake up!

We are trying to make a solution with out taking out the Midas touch AP. but no great emma and jon can only think of one way!

BAN THE MIDAS TOUCH! WE ARE THE ONLY PLAT USER BLA BLA BLA!
    We are taking respsonsibility. We are acting on it.

And we never got scammed.... We're too smart. Some aren't and i do not punish them for that. I'm trying to help them.

Perhaps take note of the overwhelming response to this thread, i think you can clearly see that you're in the minority. Unless you're reading something i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    People don't scam for AP's lol...
    And there will always be friendship, trust and item/gold lending in any online game so nothing will prevent future scamming.

Why can't people understand it's STS to blame here and not these players.

STS also needs to read their freakin reports and take them more seriously.
    One of the early big scammers back in season 2 is still playing to this day and he's setting a DAM FINE EXAMPLE for others to follow. *cough* k _ _ _ z _ _ _*cough*
    To this day and to my limited knowledge, NON of these BIG NAMED SCAMMERS got banned for what they did. Some of them even attempted Round 2, 3, 4, 5, etc with a few name changes inbetween.
    So BAN these guru scammers who started the notion of "scamming => easy money => no ban => win"

STS needs to step in, take responsibility, and put a leash on this issue , so here's what THEY SHOULD DO.
    1. Remove that stickied thread where you guys take 0 responsibility for being scammed.
    2. Make it aware to everyone in this game there is ZERO tolerance for scamming.
    3. Read your reports b/c some players spend a good amount of time providing you with all the proof you need, so check those chat logs of yours.
    4. Let the in game players know how to deal with this situation. Many scammed players don't speak out b/c they don't know how or where and few in this community offers a helping hand to these individuals.
    5. Implement some players mods to control the bad cookies. There's many legitimate players who will put in their personal time to try and make the game better for the rest of us. Best part is it's a FREE service so you incure minimal costs to maintain this system.

*also review my account again plz so I can come back and help fight back against these people
    We're just trying to limitate the damage, it wont solve the scamming but it takes away the reason to loan someone this amount of money (be it foolish or not daddyblu).

I do agree with you though mate, and if this dude continues to scam then something should be done about it. I'll help you if you like.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 11-06-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91 View Post
    Keeping the midas touch ap or not?
    Seriously I don't care.
    But Id say just KEEP it!

You want to get rid off it. Fine... the scammers will just scamming for the other wealth aps.
    Getting rid of all those wealth aps then? Scammers will keep scamming friendly nice people for any other stuffs.

Is this midas touch scam > than any other scam in the game?
    For me no.
    Scamming for a pixel or a dollar, both are just as bad.

The problem is not the title ap, the problem is the scammer.
    And here sts has the responsability to make al, pl, dl, sl,... any game they are creating/have created a safer, fun place.

For me it is just ridiculous how the same guy can perform several times any scams before getting caught or even never... report/mail not working or fast enough response.

But then what scammer is getting banned. Account banned? He can create others or have already others waiting to be used. Device banned also? So what he'll use an other ipad, pod, tablet, phablet, phone, pc... ip banned? Use an other. Credit card trace? That I dont know lol... not sure if theyll ban the number for making any purchase in futur.

Its a hard job for sts, im pretty sure.
    Trying to root out scammers, accomplices, money laundry.
    (Wonder if sts not giving back the 100kk is because they were scammed by false scammed people lol)

there are ways to make this or their other games
    safer without simply deleting this midas touch ap for sts. And its not much harder or time consuming than implementing crafting.
    If I had to give some toughts: make the wealth ap tied
    to your auction balance. If its positive for ex: 100kk, you get your title midas touch. Or buy it with plat gold also.
    Im the kind of person who is: "you get what you work for it".

And why not, when you get midas touch title: to have the option to give title to 1 heir (friend) so no
    abuse.
    The newly midas touch guy can give also to 1 heir max only if he has himself in bank 100kk. And it goes on and on.

Other thing maybe, when trading high amount of gold to your friend for nothing, your friend get trading/buying unavailable (like we have with the low lvl) until he gives back to the person lending him the cash. (At least with that, no money laundry and easy to trace if he delete)

There are other ideas here and there in the forum.
    But it should be sts finding better solutions against scams not us.

The only safe thing to do atm is for people is not to trade your 100kk.
    You do it at your own risk. The vast majority still does it and hey they get their cash back! Sadly some trusted the wrong people.
    Hard lesson learned for them.
    Thats part of life. Deal with it.
    And complain to sts if you want. Its your customers right, you spend your cash in this game.

I got 20 years of mmo and
    scamming has been in all the games. Nothing new on the internet I deal with it. Im a kind guy when I play, I give hand anytime as long its not my arm or my body. And I lost lots of hands over the years on the internet lol.

The first scam ever I remember is when I discover Santa is a fake as a little kid (sorry for the spoiler here).
    Or the classic eat your spinach so youll get strong like popeye!
    (Bad parents... joking).

Irl,
    friend scammed me,
    gf scammed me,
    bankS scammed me,
    insuranceS scammed me,
    job scammed me,
    car company scammed me, politicianS scammed me, religion scammed me,...

Ahaha... Yea I know wth...
    Thats the world we living in.
    But hey, still live happily.
    this they will never understand

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddyblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this i do agree with^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    We are taking respsonsibility. We are acting on it.

And we never got scammed.... We're too smart. Some aren't and i do not punish them for that. I'm trying to help them.
    If you want to help them, start on trying to get the gold back and banned the scammer and Ip-address so he wont be able to play again.

Stop blaming on the AP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

If you want to help them, start on trying to get the gold back and banned the scammer and Ip-address so he wont be able to play again.

Stop blaming on the AP!
    No one said anything about BLAMING the AP. The plan was to get rid of it to minimize scamming, as we have discussed earlier on this thread. I need to find this 'off' switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    No one said anything about BLAMING the AP. The plan was to get rid of it to minimize scamming, as we have discussed earlier on this thread. I need to find this 'off' switch.
    @daddyblu This is as clear as it can be written.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

So?? are you repeating your self also? i repeat because you and your boyfriend don't understand its not about the AP!

Take responsibilities its your own fault wake up!

We are trying to make a solution with out taking out the Midas touch AP. but no great emma and jon can only think of one way!

BAN THE MIDAS TOUCH! WE ARE THE ONLY PLAT USER BLA BLA BLA!
    How about keep the app but give no points for it.
    That way you can still wear your preccious title..
    Emma and jon havent not been scammed they are only trying to look out for the ones who have or would be because of this ap.
    Its amazing how you put them out to be..
    Two of the most selfless players in the game,but you go and make them out as the bad guys because you cant handle the fact that your precious title may he taken away.somone call the wambulance.
    Anyways theres my two cents and i have plenty more change to go around.
    It amazes me the hatters we have in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

@daddyblu This is as clear as it can be written.
    Sorry Jon but we wont agree on this. try for another solution with out banning the AP. just like Jaytb suggested lets look for a middle ground.

Removing the AP wont be a solution and i hope everyone learn from this scam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaDarkAngel View Post
    How about keep the app but give no points for it.
    That way you can still wear your preccious title..
    Emma and jon havent not been scammed they are only trying to look out for the ones who have or would be because of this ap.
    Its amazing how you put them out to be..
    Two of the most selfless players in the game,but you go and make them out as the bad guys because you cant handle the fact that your precious title may he taken away.somone call the wambulance.
    Anyways theres my two cents and i have plenty more change to go around.
    It amazes me the hatters we have in this game.
    Look we did not spend money because we want the title. we spend the money for that Achievement Point.
    How stupid of us to spend money on Zero achievement Point.
    Can please think before you made this comment what made us spend money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Sorry Jon but we wont agree on this. try for another solution with out banning the AP. just like Jaytb suggested lets look for a middle ground.

For the final time, it is not going to completely stop it. It is RISK MITIGATION. The more you bang on about the AP meaning so much, the more you make yourself look silly. If you weren't on the LB because of it would you really care. NO.

Look we did not spend money because we want the title. we spend the money for that Achievement Point.
    And by you saying this you have just made everyone think you are not worthy of the LB. Grats

I give up with trying to make you understand. I wont be replying to anymore of your posts.... its a waste of my time and yours. Enjoy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Again, if you've read the previous posts, not one person stated that removing the AP will be a 'solution'. If you have not read yet, in my earlier post, I stated that removing this AP will MINIMIZE the scamming... Boy, you're turning me into a robot too. And you've suggested a compromise, I don't see this as fit. There's nothing wrong, absolutely nothing, with removing this AP. You have nothing to lose, except for a couple hundred AP points, but sacrificing those AP points to minimize scamming is a very virtuous act. I don't think there needs to be anymore arguing about this topic, nor should there be anyone repeating his/her words/opinions, for I believe Sam or someone has mentioned about something being done to this AP as well. Which reminds me, I need to start looking for the 'off' switch again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

OMG are you seriously SERIOUSLY contradicting yourself again??? Let me find that post where u say it wasn't for the LB...... Okay people I have a fix! Every warrior on the LB who does not have this AP - hit me up!

And you are now on ignore so I can not read your mind numbing posts. I really think you are a BOT
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-06-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Hey look Emma, we both have 300 posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Hey look Emma, we both have 300 posts.
    I think we should be friends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If all if you would be less concerned about writing a smart comeback reply to someone you don't like and start focussing that energy into coming up with a solution, we would've cracked this thing long ago.

I think it's funny how actual proposed solutions almost don't get any feedback at all. What are you guys here for? To call eachother out or to actually focus on a solution? Because to me it seems this thread has become more about the first than the latter.

Just had to get that out my system. If there's any 'real' feedback and discussion about a possible solution, I'll definitely chime in again. But until then, I'll let all of your egos run wild and let you guys run around in circles thumping your chest.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

*Pounds chest like a gorilla*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    He won't see this lia, as the other day he asked me to help with the haunted ap for 2 of his guildies, I used 35 plat on a combo and wouldn't even dream of charging .... However when koomy needed 1 the elusive 4 yesterday and he found he said he could go for 200k.....

Some are just in in for the gold not the enjoyment of playing :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    If all if you would be less concerned about writing a smart comeback reply to someone you don't like and start focussing that energy into coming up with a solution, we would've cracked this thing long ago.

I think it's funny how actual proposed solutions almost don't get any feedback at all. What are you guys here for? To call eachother out or to actually focus on a solution? Because to me it seems this thread has become more about the first than the latter.

Just had to get that out my system. If there's any 'real' feedback and discussion about a possible solution, I'll definitely chime in again. But until then, I'll let all of your egos run wild and let you guys run around in circles thumping your chest.
    I 100% agree with you and I am guilty of being a forum troll on this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaDarkAngel View Post
    *Pounds chest like a gorilla*
    *Does what LaDarkAngel does*

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

For the final time, it is not going to completely stop it. It is RISK MITIGATION. The more you bang on about the AP meaning so much, the more you make yourself look silly. If you weren't on the LB because of it would you really care. NO.

And by you saying this you have just made everyone think you are not worthy of the LB. Grats

I give up with trying to make you understand. I wont be replying to anymore of your posts.... its a waste of my time and yours. Enjoy the game.

What ever Jon,

There is so such thing as scam only Stupid and careless people.

And as per Dephina

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be!.

End