Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic Weapon Pricing Explained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's pretty much hitting the nail on the head on that one.
    Officer in the Council of EOS
    EOS Attack Dog!
    The Furry Toe of the Camel will Always be Remembered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Mythics are over priced. If you don't want to pay these prices then don't. Just wait for another mythic weekend or double mythic weekend. Every time more mythics are released the price will fall. Petition STS for a double mythic weekend. Then you'll see sellers running for the exit doors.
    Yes, and double odds on arcane eggs on top of that. While I admire good merchants, this smells rather like market manipulation by couple of people. No problem with that, one just has to be patient, this season will last for a long time still

Interesting, some time ago on one weekend zillion people were PMing about buying Samael's eggs - I wonder where did all the eggs go?

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Honestly i am tired of seeing these threads about how mythics are priced accordingly. Everyone who does not have one yet thinks the prices are to high, everyone who already has one(the minority) thinks they are priced accordingly. Simple as that. Basically if u do not buy plat and i mean hundreds of us dollars worth you will never have a chance at these items with the current prices the way they are. Just another example of how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where is Robin Hood when u need him.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Scarcity is the most basic economic principle.

Personally I've decided to hold off on a few major purchases I was ready to make because I believe those particular items will go down in price a month from now and I'm patient. The basic mythics are currently a lot cheaper than they were (talking armor and helm) when I bought them. The upgrades from there are where the increased prices seem to show up.

Patience IMO will win here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Honestly i am tired of seeing these threads about how mythics are priced accordingly. Everyone who does not have one yet thinks the prices are to high, everyone who already has one(the minority) thinks they are priced accordingly. Simple as that. Basically if u do not buy plat and i mean hundreds of us dollars worth you will never have a chance at these items with the current prices the way they are. Just another example of how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where is Robin Hood when u need him.
    I don't buy hundreds of dollars in platinum.

There's no need to undermine anyone's effort towards working towards these items just because you haven't figured out a way to earn money efficiently or effectively.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Honestly i am tired of seeing these threads about how mythics are priced accordingly. Everyone who does not have one yet thinks the prices are to high, everyone who already has one(the minority) thinks they are priced accordingly. Simple as that.
    I have arcane staff, arcane pet and full mythics for everything else. And I think they are priced too high. People just need to wait it out until the price drops once there is another mythic weekend, double or not. People need to exercise some common sense. If you have to have it now, you will pay its as simple as that. If you want to buy wait until there is more competition among sellers the prices will come down. They maybe still expensive but you won't be over paying. Now there are very few on the market so people are asking for a premium. I wouldn't surprised to see another mythic weekend after Thanksgiving. One revenue stream for STS is opening crates, so unless they introduce new mythics they can only bring back the weapons to entice more people to open crates. Its easier for them to recycle stuff then it is to create something new.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I have arcane staff, arcane pet and full mythics for everything else. And I think they are priced too high. People just need to wait it out until the price drops once there is another mythic weekend, double or not. People need to exercise some common sense. If you have to have it now, you will pay its as simple as that. If you want to buy wait until there is more competition among sellers the prices will come down. They maybe still expensive but you won't be over paying. Now there are very few on the market so people are asking for a premium. I wouldn't surprised to see another mythic weekend after Thanksgiving. One revenue stream for STS is opening crates, so unless they introduce new mythics they can only bring back the weapons to entice more people to open crates. Its easier for them to recycle stuff then it is to create something new.
    I don't see a new mythic weekend coming up soon, the crafting system will be their next big sale increase. Special weekends like this lose their effectiveness if they keep happening too close to each other.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    I don't see a new mythic weekend coming up soon, the crafting system will be their next big sale increase. Special weekends like this lose their effectiveness if they keep happening too close to each other.
    Once most of the current mythics are upgraded, how does STS earn money from plat then? Think about it. They need to keep enough mythics in the system for people to spend plat to upgrade. And earn money from plat by opening crates. The way people spend plat in this game I am pretty sure a lot of mythics will be upgraded very quickly. STS doesn't care about the economy all they care about is what they earn from plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Yeah if you are a rouge, you gotta pay the best to be the best..
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I don't buy hundreds of dollars in platinum.

There's no need to undermine anyone's effort towards working towards these items just because you haven't figured out a way to earn money efficiently or effectively.
    In all reality i have never bought platinum once and i am full myth. In the 4 months i have been playing I have done quite well for myself financially so actually my merching skills are quite effective. I am not undermining anyone's effort towards there in game goals quite the contrary I am actually just stating that at those prices its pretty much out of reach for most players. You are entitled to your opinion apollo as i am to mine, however your failure to listen to other peoples opinions combined with the fact that u post in traders market buying ALL mythics makes it appear that your own personal agenda is driving your posts. Pherhaps i am wrong........... and keep in mind apollo this is not meant as a personal attack. I see nothing wrong with being a good merchant as i stated above. I agree with the posts stating why prices are the way they are but i do not agree thats where they should be hence DOUBLE ODDS WEEKEND please devs
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I do not see the point of the thread, we all know what is going on for the price.....for myself, I will just wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

In all reality i have never bought platinum once and i am full myth. In the 4 months i have been playing I have done quite well for myself financially so actually my merching skills are quite effective. I am not undermining anyone's effort towards there in game goals quite the contrary I am actually just stating that at those prices its pretty much out of reach for most players. You are entitled to your opinion apollo as i am to mine, however your failure to listen to other peoples opinions combined with the fact that u post in traders market buying ALL mythics makes it appear that your own personal agenda is driving your posts. Pherhaps i am wrong........... and keep in mind apollo this is not meant as a personal attack. I see nothing wrong with being a good merchant as i stated above. I agree with the posts stating why prices are the way they are but i do not agree thats where they should be hence DOUBLE ODDS WEEKEND please devs
    Personally, even though last time I made 30m from the double mythic weekend; I don't think it should be implemented. We all saw how low the mythic prices were after that for a LONG time.

A mythic weapon for 1M? C'mon, that has to be a joke. How does one of the best weapons in the game only cost 1m? High prices is what helps diversify the market. Remember how many people started using mythics after that? They weren't exactly "mythic".

Now, I'm pretty sure that the devs have stated that the mythc market is SUPPOSED to be rare. I don't see why people can't understand that. If the mythics are not rare, then it undermines the use of elite legendary market & kills the prices.

Honestly, you cannot say I made this thread for my own ends meet. Why? I only have a single pair of daggers that I use for myself in the tourney. Was I flipping them? Yes, during the Helloween event. Now? It's much too risky. If you don't believe this, you can ask my tourney partner, Ipredator. He often borrows any extra daggers I may have and lately, I have not supplied him because I already sold off my stock.

If anything, I'd like the mythic prices to fall so I can make some money. Why? When people panic, there's a lot of money to be made.

If there's too many mythic weapons in the game, it kills the elite legendary market. I think the prices are just fine as it is. Has anyone seen architect blades? I would argue that they're one of the best tanking weapons due to the proc. So, if STG did a double mythic weekend; it would kill the use and value of these mythics making it even harder for those who want mythics to work up to them.

The elite legendary market is what makes people money so that they can afford mythics if people are free players. I think that in the greed to get the mythic items, people forget this.

Keep in mind that a lot of people are hoarding the weapons for the upgrades. I know a person who has over 15 new mythic weapons alone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol the merchers are trying to control the cs prices or street prices of myth weapons again lol
    U could smell it as soon as u read the thread lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg:1331985
    The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where is Robin Hood when u need him.
    If every poor person became rich then the balance in the whole game will pretty much be crippled.

It applies to real life and the game.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Words can do wonders...
    Specially for business
    AFROBUG
    ELITE RUNNERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Mythics are rare and expensive. To afford one is a luxury. That is one of the reasons why I play the game. Why play when there is nothing to work for?

Yes, the mythics are very expensive for a free-player, but they are a luxury.

You do not need mythics to survive in AL. Like all luxuries, they facilitate the gameplay and act as a desirable reward for dedication and most of the time, hard work.

It would be nice if I had one mythic weapon, but my Pink weapon will suffice just as well.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytalez View Post
    Lol the merchers are trying to control the cs prices or street prices of myth weapons again lol
    U could smell it as soon as u read the thread lol...
    As I said, I don't have any. So, how would this thread benefit me other than drive prices up even more?

There are very valid reasons why there shouldn't be a double mythic weekend.

Also, I think that people are forgetting after double weekends, crates are hardly opened because the mythic market is flooded. STG would only be shooting themselves in the foot.

I think the verdict is that the poor are going to want prices down & hoarders are going to want prices up as high as possible.

I'm not saying prices won't lower after time. I welcome that. However, I don't welcome a huge drop that kills off other markets just because mythics have flooded the market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afrobug View Post
    Words can do wonders...
    Specially for business
    Read my latest post. If you also checked the traders market; I haven't bought or sold any mythics since the event.

What I am saying is what I think is best for the market. Unless, of course, you think farmers shouldn't be allowed to earn an income because the elite legendary market has no use when mythics are already so cheap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Best advice I could give to anyone wanting to purchase myth weps atmm is...
    To wait. =)
    Also there's bound to be another double myth weekend
    Last edited by Fairytalez; 11-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytalez View Post
    Best advice I could give to anyone wanting to purchase myth weps atmm is...
    To wait. =)
    This thread isn't about that. Infact, I'm waiting myself because I'm not willing to keep raising my offers to snag mythics off of people just so I can flip them.

If you think this thread is about that, then your biased judgement is getting in the way.