Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Ultimate Solution to our PvP Woes: Equipment Rarity Room Filtering!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

great idea, fluffy!

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Interesting idea.

The biggest problem I see is having enough people to play with. If you're the only one with mythics on queing for PvP you might be sitting in an empty room for a while until someone else with mythics logs in and queues for pvp.

Honestly, I don't see it being implemented.

true!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

READ THIS! READ THIS! READ THIS!
    Listen guys! Breaking adding filters to rooms about gear is down right STUPID! FIX the broken pvp system by adding simple rules and a new pvp stat window!
    These rules and stats include:
    Got to control both flags to caputure the flag!
    Add a Win Loss record to stats for CTF
    Add a flag return statistic( for when u kill enemy and return ur own flag).
    Lastly, add two factions (red/blue). Permanant team.

Just by adding these simple rules you give CTF a lot of opportunity for balancing! People would have to run in packs of 2-3 so they can defend their flag and attack at the same time. People would actually kill a flag carrier w/o feeling guilty. And adding that win/loss record would really make people think twice about ganging! Cause if u gang one guy 4 others will quick cap and win the game! Say hello to some new pvp achievments too.... Flag Defender (returning your teams flag), 100/1000/10000 CTF wins. Choosing a pvp faction achievment with title of course to support your faction!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Theillist1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1. Very good idea, and very well written.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theillist1 View Post
    READ THIS! READ THIS! READ THIS!
    Listen guys! Breaking adding filters to rooms about gear is down right STUPID! FIX the broken pvp system by adding simple rules and a new pvp stat window!
    These rules and stats include:
    Got to control both flags to caputure the flag!
    Add a Win Loss record to stats for CTF
    Add a flag return statistic( for when u kill enemy and return ur own flag).
    Lastly, add two factions (red/blue). Permanant team.

Just by adding these simple rules you give CTF a lot of opportunity for balancing! People would have to run in packs of 2-3 so they can defend their flag and attack at the same time. People would actually kill a flag carrier w/o feeling guilty. And adding that win/loss record would really make people think twice about ganging! Cause if u gang one guy 4 others will quick cap and win the game! Say hello to some new pvp achievments too.... Flag Defender (returning your teams flag), 100/1000/10000 CTF wins. Choosing a pvp faction achievment with title of course to support your faction!
    I like all of your well elaborated suggestions. They would certainly help to repair the way people behave in CTF but you don't offer any solution on main reason why this thread was posted in the first place and that is too big misbalance in myth vs. elite gear. Difference is so big now that no amount of skill can compensate. So, only solution if someone wants to join PvP, is heavy farming, merching, etc. which is not really solution if we are talking about casual players.

Big question is how to make pvp fun for non professionals (elite, or whatever you want to call it) players.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

easy... random teaming and limited time pvp..
    so people can't choose which team they want to join, it's their choice to enter pvp room and they held responsible for the team's win or lose. this can somehow balance teams. or maybe with a restriction of no more than 2 people with same class in a team... just like the tournament rule.

limited time pvp is tools to encourage both teams to score a goal. a successful flag can extend the countdown, but if no team achieve 5 goals, the result will be tie, and no Kills recorded. but either way, death always recorded.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hide the name of players + disable the join button in PVP and Voila !

that was wrote many times, no need to refund Jupiter...
    Last edited by Kostral; 11-18-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Just a Gammer like as you all ...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kostral For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

well I guess most pvp ers feels nothing wrong with pvp room...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vjerevica View Post
    I like all of your well elaborated suggestions. They would certainly help to repair the way people behave in CTF but you don't offer any solution on main reason why this thread was posted in the first place and that is too big misbalance in myth vs. elite gear. Difference is so big now that no amount of skill can compensate. So, only solution if someone wants to join PvP, is heavy farming, merching, etc. which is not really solution if we are talking about casual players.

Big question is how to make pvp fun for non professionals (elite, or whatever you want to call it) players.
    By not max leveling... start your pvp adventure between levels 7-21. That's what the disable xp button is for. For casual players.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kostral View Post
    Hide the name of players + disable the join button in PVP and Voila !

that was wrote many times, no need to refund Jupiter...
    Great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

By not max leveling... start your pvp adventure between levels 7-21. That's what the disable xp button is for. For casual players.
    I don't think so. Disable XP is for twinking and that has absolutely nothing with casual players, whatsoever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vjerevica For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I don't think so. Disable XP is for twinking and that has absolutely nothing with casual players, whatsoever.
    Your telling me that a level 36 casual player has 1000+ gold to feed their pet everytime it goes dormant. Millions to spend on amazing gear Mythic gear? Will grind endlessley to get millions to keep their toon in top performance? Thats a casual player?
    7-21 IS casual pvp cause u can fully gear with 1 million gold and 240 plat. And be a top echelon player in their bracket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theillist1 View Post
    Your telling me that a level 36 casual player has 1000+ gold to feed their pet everytime it goes dormant. Millions to spend on amazing gear Mythic gear? Will grind endlessley to get millions to keep their toon in top performance? Thats a casual player?
    7-21 IS casual pvp cause u can fully gear with 1 million gold and 240 plat. And be a top echelon player in their bracket.
    Honestly, I don’t know what are you talking about?

I am casual player and I’m level 36. It doesn’t take that much effort to cap.

Feeding the pet? First of all, there is pet rotation if the gold is a problem. Second, 1000 gold for feeding pet is not that much. It requires app. 4000 per hour. Only, Shuyal daily quests will bring about 2500 gold in ten minutes. So earning money to feed the pet if you have one favorite is easily doable. Remember, we are talking about casual players, meaning not hours and hours of play per day.

Millions for Mythics? The whole point of the thread is how to ensure that even casual players (meaning no Myths/arcanes) can have fun in PvP. So, what endless grinding are you talking about? That is for “pro” players with lot of time on their disposal to invest in the game.

As for top legendary gear, I don’t believe it is more expensive on cap level than on twink levels. In fact, I’m pretty sure it is quite opposite.

Why is it so hard to understand that there are players who didn’t dedicate their lives to this game but just want to have fun (on their low, non elite level) in brief moments they log on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Honestly, I don’t know what are you talking about?

I am casual player and I’m level 36. It doesn’t take that much effort to cap.

Feeding the pet? First of all, there is pet rotation if the gold is a problem. Second, 1000 gold for feeding pet is not that much. It requires app. 4000 per hour. Only, Shuyal daily quests will bring about 2500 gold in ten minutes. So earning money to feed the pet if you have one favorite is easily doable. Remember, we are talking about casual players, meaning not hours and hours of play per day.

Millions for Mythics? The whole point of the thread is how to ensure that even casual players (meaning no Myths/arcanes) can have fun in PvP. So, what endless grinding are you talking about? That is for “pro” players with lot of time on their disposal to invest in the game.

As for top legendary gear, I don’t believe it is more expensive on cap level than on twink levels. In fact, I’m pretty sure it is quite opposite.

Why is it so hard to understand that there are players who didn’t dedicate their lives to this game but just want to have fun (on their low, non elite level) in brief moments they log on.
    A casual player can have fun, but they just can't be competitive.

If you want to be competitive as well... time to start playing more/spending more plat.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Hi Reflex,

Thanks for your input and suggestions towards the problems that this game faces within PVP. Whilst i completely agree that the current system is broken, however i don't think you're idea would solve the issue..... In fact i think it would create a whole new group of problems.

By creating a room for lower geared players etc you risk the following:

1) Mythic Items dropping in price.
    2) Arcane items dropping in price.
    3) Legendary Items dramatically increasing in price.
    4) AL Economy being ruined.
    5) STS losing a vast amount of PLAT sales.
    6) The loss of many end game players

Reasons are as follows:

1) Mythic weapons now only needed for PVE, as who in their right mind would buy mythics for PVP if no one is using them. Loss of gold to those that have bought them. Outcome = Many unhappy endgamers.

2) Arcane items becoming unusable, as obviously given the choice you would never come up against someone with a Kershal or Maul etc.

3) Legendary items would now become ridiculously expensive. All of the OP items at end game level would then be the new mythics.... Solving no problems at all.

4) AL Economy (after just being given a new lease of life) would start to crumble again.

5) STS would lose a HUGE amoun of PLAT sales which keeps the game going. A vast majority of PLAT is made by end gamers opening crates to get the desired mythics/arcanes. Take this away and STS face a huge problem. Mythics are there because alot of endgame players who are serious open crates to obtain them. This makes STS money. They rely on these PLAT sales to keep the game going.

6) Losing Endgame players is a bad idea. These are the main source of STS income when it comes to PLAT revenue. Lose them and IMO lost the game. How many lvl 16 players do you see spending PLAT. I see very few.

Also what about ARCANE PETS? They will be the next unfair advantage.

The bottom line is you will just see an adjustment in power. Mythics will become unusable in PVP, and Legendary Pinks would become the most expensive items in the game for this aspect. These would then be merched/hoarded by the mercher players and everyone would then be saving for Pinks rather than Mythics. Its a no win situation IMO.

Also, why should endgame players who have worked hard for their items be penalised, as that is what would happen. If it were implemented i personally would use my assets to buy the best Pink gear in game, as would all my friends. You would still face the same problem.

Apollo and the others are right, if you want to PVP at a truly equal level then make a Twink account. Though at every level there will always be someone who is more geared than you..... Why? Because they have worked and saved hard for their items.

Solution = Work harder. Play harder. Get better. You get out what you put in im affraid.

Perhaps implement a BOSS KILL PVP. Both teams fighting to kill the boss quicker..... I love this idea and there are plenty of suggesions about it on this thread.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...getting-boring

Whilst i dont agree with your suggestion, i still appreciate where you are coming from and thank you for trying to solve the problem.

Cheers

Jon

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Hi Reflex,

Thanks for your input and suggestions towards the problems that this game faces within PVP. Whilst i completely agree that the current system is broken, however i don't think you're idea would solve the issue..... In fact i think it would create a whole new group of problems.

By creating a room for lower geared players etc you risk the following:

1) Mythic Items dropping in price.
    2) Arcane items dropping in price.
    3) Legendary Items dramatically increasing in price.
    4) AL Economy being ruined.
    5) STS losing a vast amount of PLAT sales.
    6) The loss of many end game players

Reasons are as follows:

1) Mythic weapons now only needed for PVE, as who in their right mind would buy mythics for PVP if no one is using them. Loss of gold to those that have bought them. Outcome = Many unhappy endgamers.

2) Arcane items becoming unusable, as obviously given the choice you would never come up against someone with a Kershal or Maul etc.

3) Legendary items would now become ridiculously expensive. All of the OP items at end game level would then be the new mythics.... Solving no problems at all.

4) AL Economy (after just being given a new lease of life) would start to crumble again.

5) STS would lose a HUGE amoun of PLAT sales which keeps the game going. A vast majority of PLAT is made by end gamers opening crates to get the desired mythics/arcanes. Take this away and STS face a huge problem. Mythics are there because alot of endgame players who are serious open crates to obtain them. This makes STS money. They rely on these PLAT sales to keep the game going.

6) Losing Endgame players is a bad idea. These are the main source of STS income when it comes to PLAT revenue. Lose them and IMO lost the game. How many lvl 16 players do you see spending PLAT. I see very few.

Also what about ARCANE PETS? They will be the next unfair advantage.

The bottom line is you will just see an adjustment in power. Mythics will become unusable in PVP, and Legendary Pinks would become the most expensive items in the game for this aspect. These would then be merched/hoarded by the mercher players and everyone would then be saving for Pinks rather than Mythics. Its a no win situation IMO.

Also, why should endgame players who have worked hard for their items be penalised, as that is what would happen. If it were implemented i personally would use my assets to buy the best Pink gear in game, as would all my friends. You would still face the same problem.

Apollo and the others are right, if you want to PVP at a truly equal level then make a Twink account. Though at every level there will always be someone who is more geared than you..... Why? Because they have worked and saved hard for their items.

Solution = Work harder. Play harder. Get better. You get out what you put in im affraid.

Perhaps implement a BOSS KILL PVP. Both teams fighting to kill the boss quicker..... I love this idea and there are plenty of suggesions about it on this thread.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...getting-boring

Whilst i dont agree with your suggestion, i still appreciate where you are coming from and thank you for trying to solve the problem.

Cheers

Jon
    Best ferdback in thread! You're absolutly correct!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Actually IMO.. the mythic, arcane,common bla bla bla equipment is not the problem here.. the KDR is the most problem of some of us.. I'm sure there will a lot endgame char will joib the pvp if the KDR only showing kill. . Not death... and this is not suggestion!! I don't care tho.. I'll keep going to get my mythic weap then I set.. all u need is multi char for klaas buff and lepre.. sry for my bad English..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

since this is brought up ...
    if you think about it ... this thing makes no difference at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I saw a reply in this thread talking about arcane,mythic price would fall if this idea was done and in addition legendary items price would rise. I surely do not disagree but aren't you forgetting the lock grand crated. People are fulll of greed so they will still want all mythic,arcane equip and still put money to have plat. Also people do not put plat to open crates but change the plat to gold to buy staff so that means they will purchase legendary items too.But I do not at the least believe that the price of legendary itmes will go higher because consigment store has already some legendary items 1,5m or 2m.Also this thread doesn't only say for legendary room but for epic or rare rooms too so... why not epic or rare items price rise too?Yeah I know they do not have good stats but that is the point why a full mythic player spend money on items that lowers his stats.
    Ty I hope I could help with my post
    I agree 100% with your idea I hope it will be done !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Let us say a new player joins the game and he enters the PvP arena. Of course he doesn't have great gear and then he meets the amazing twink guilds we have and they just destroy him. What if that player was gonna spend, say 50 dollars in this game? He won't now and he leaves the game.
    So say there are x such people, STS loses 50x dollars just due to this PvP scheme.
    If there were separate rooms, it would've been a lot of fun for them and they'd spend more too.
    Mythic gear is the new pink, you gotta admit it. Please enter a PvP room and tell me how many mythic/arcane users you see. There are quite many who PvP.
    Benefits from this?
    It will increase the value of every rarity item by quite a lot (people won't liquidate em as much as they do now)
    I don't really care if you call me a noob, but I want to have fun in the game when I PvP for a few mins instead of being farmed by the mauls and mythics

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk