Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS changed their mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

That's why I only sold have my Arlor haha.

Sent from my iPhone
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I just don't know what to say anymore... this is just so frustrating and disapointing... I feel ill never get my vanities back now that they r top shelf. Sooooooo frustrating I've evn contimplated quiting or boycotting this event. Which is sad cuz I love this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    I just don't know what to say anymore... this is just so frustrating and disapointing... I feel ill never get my vanities back now that they r top shelf. Sooooooo frustrating I've evn contimplated quiting or boycotting this event. Which is sad cuz I love this game
    Just be like me without one! Never owned one, ignored all the cheap ones in auction, almost ready to buy with Plat or gold in update if not too expensive, then poof! Another year required if ever hahaha soo hurt!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 12-04-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    Have you played PL? Well you would have quit after the Halloween event this year for sure if your contemplating on the first miscom in AL.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Have you played PL? Well you would have quit after the Halloween event this year for sure if your contemplating on the first miscom in AL.
    Not so fast, they made Ewen & Grimm eggs (Grimm egg was 4 days after Grimm had been in stable!) again that was another thing that was said that there word was taken back on with no notice "plat exclusive pets will never have eggs/mythic pets will never have eggs" let's be fair & say there's been multiple cases in all STS games where this has happend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Well lets see if sts actually cares more about players now or making money. The following article is about the company zynga but i can see sts doing the same take note of the retextured part( battle dragons etc are basically retextured games that are already on play store) and vanities:

The second reason for Zynga’s success plays into the first. Essentially, Zynga games are free. You don’t have to pay to play them. Most items are available for free. But if you want the super uber weapon or just can’t wait for your crops to mature, well now that will cost you! These games are insidious. The best items & premium content requires you to pay money.
    It’s all about microtransaction.

Rather than paying a monthly fee, it lets people choose what they want to pay for. According to the GameInformer article, only 10% of social network gamers spend money on these games, which only a further 2% spending over $25 per month (the slang for these users are “whales”). That may not sound like a lot, but let’s do some math:
    Currently the most popular Facebook game is Zynga’s CityVille. It has 14 million daily active users.

14 million x 2% = 280,000 whales per day x 25 = $7 million in 1 day

That’s purely hypothetical, of course, assuming all whales spend their money on the same day.

shows how it can add up fast.

More than a few people have pointed

Zynga’s games are just rehashes. Same game, different skin. Look at Mafia Wars & Vampire Wars. They’re essentially the same game, just with different names. Of course, that’s part of the reason for Zynga’s success. They have a game to appeal to just about everyone. But worse yet is the accusations of copying competitors. Any time a successful game is created, Zynga isn’t far behind with their own verson. Farm Town to FarmVille, Restuarant City to Cafe World, etc. In fact, Zynga settled out of court with developer Psycho Monkey over copying Mob Wars into Mafia Wars. The gameinfomer

article has a lovely quote in the beginning, from Zynga founder & CEO Mark Pincus, “I don’t f-ing want innovation. You’re not smarter than your competitor

Just copy what they do & do it until you get their numbers.”
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 12-05-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Not so fast, they made Ewen & Grimm eggs (Grimm egg was 4 days after Grimm had been in stable!) again that was another thing that was said that there word was taken back on with no notice "plat exclusive pets will never have eggs/mythic pets will never have eggs" let's be fair & say there's been multiple cases in all STS games where this has happend
    But AL hasn't had any game changing miscoms. Having MORE CONTENT ADDED is not a bad thing, but in other STS games we were told more content and we got a recycled lot of items. This is where the irony of this thread comes in.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Well lets see if sts actually cares more about players now or making money. The following article is about the company zynga but i can see sts doing the same take note of the retextured part( battle dragons etc are basically retextured games that are already on play store) and vanities:

The second reason for Zynga’s success plays into the first. Essentially, Zynga games are free. You don’t have to pay to play them. Most items are available for free. But if you want the super uber weapon or just can’t wait for your crops to mature, well now that will cost you! These games are insidious. The best items & premium content requires you to pay money.
    It’s all about microtransaction.

Rather than paying a monthly fee, it lets people choose what they want to pay for. According to the GameInformer article, only 10% of social network gamers spend money on these games, which only a further 2% spending over $25 per month (the slang for these users are “whales”). That may not sound like a lot, but let’s do some math:
    Currently the most popular Facebook game is Zynga’s CityVille. It has 14 million daily active users.

14 million x 2% = 280,000 whales per day x 25 = $7 million in 1 day

That’s purely hypothetical, of course, assuming all whales spend their money on the same day.

shows how it can add up fast.

More than a few people have pointed

Zynga’s games are just rehashes. Same game, different skin. Look at Mafia Wars & Vampire Wars. They’re essentially the same game, just with different names. Of course, that’s part of the reason for Zynga’s success. They have a game to appeal to just about everyone. But worse yet is the accusations of copying competitors. Any time a successful game is created, Zynga isn’t far behind with their own verson. Farm Town to FarmVille, Restuarant City to Cafe World, etc. In fact, Zynga settled out of court with developer Psycho Monkey over copying Mob Wars into Mafia Wars. The gameinfomer

article has a lovely quote in the beginning, from Zynga founder & CEO Mark Pincus, “I don’t f-ing want innovation. You’re not smarter than your competitor

Just copy what they do & do it until you get their numbers.”
    They are a company we are the customers. They want my money. But if they screw up with ppl and pis them of do they think im going to spend my hard earned money on their product?

I own the green arlor vanity, was playing with the thought to sell, but im playing sts games for a while now so i know i cant really trust them (they change their plans too often) and i was not willing to loose my set if it was just misinformation.

But its surprising that they still keep doing it to players, intentionally or not, they should know by now how ppl will read it and react, and spare urself apologizing or false excuses. (Poor job on their side)

So back to my first question, im more a free player then a plat spender based on my previous experience i had with them, not to mention no confirmation button, bugs not fixed, poor customer support......
    Last edited by Uzii; 12-05-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Me too .. my tree arlor n red arlor sold with cheap price!! since i hear the old vanities will come back in christmas -_-"
    So, i hope the old vanities red arlor n arlor come back in christmas but we get it from completed some christmas quest.
    Like halloween banner. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

The funny thing about xcainnblecterx post is that David Ko (Zynga) and JustG (along with others) are/have been directly in contact with each other for strategic partnerships, innovative assessment and adoptations of one another's methods.

Along with taking on board Zynga employees when working with DL (energy based at launch).

Which was bound to affect the general decisions and gameplay made within StS games, from 2012 onwards. They want to make money and who can blame them, from the launch of AL to now, you can see how heavily the game is running on Plat.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

To chime in regarding Snowball, Snowball will be back in the stable this holiday season for the same price as last year.

First let me reiterate what Samhayne has stated in that we are definitely sorry for the miss-communications involved. Some of the posts involved and being quoted were made before we had designed and began working on the winter content for this year, and as a result the plans have changed as it grew in awesomeness to accommodate what's best for the game. We hope when the content is released next week that everyone enjoys playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Regarding the Arlor vanities situation, we feel we have gone above and beyond for a typical seasonal update this time around and we believe everyone will find a lot of entertainment in it. As part of the event there are a lot of collectible and unique content in regards to pets, weapons, armors, vanities, and other elements not yet highlighted by Samhayne. In our developmental opinion, the creation over the passed few months on this winter content has negated a need for the Arlor sets to return. This was a decision we made to preserve the rarity of the vanities already in the game from last year, as well as bring new vanities to everyone. It's a very difficult thing at times catering to the number of players and gamers we have playing our games, and as everyone is no doubt aware it is not possible to please everyone. What we do decide, almost always is in the best interest of the game to the best of our knowledge and understanding.

As the die have already been cast, let's explore a potential follow up situation. Recanting on this decision and returning the Arlor sets would only serve to anger or antagonize an already delicate situation with yet MORE confusion and distrust. Player's that are currently happy would become angered, and angered players would become happier (briefly), and no one would know which way was up in terms of what else may come, go, stay or remain. After it went live all of the merching tied to the decision as well as other social factors would create a more horrendous situation for everyone involved as gold continues to change hands based on things discussed on the forums, fluctuating at an unknown rate as the need to appease different opinions and concerns at the same time becomes an impossible thing to juggle. The fallout of changing the decision again would be monumentally awful for both us and for you, the players. We have to be firm this time and commit to not bringing them back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we will work very hard to make sure this type of situation does not happen again!

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    To chime in regarding Snowball, Snowball will be back in the stable this holiday season for the same price as last year.

First let me reiterate what Samhayne has stated in that we are definitely sorry for the miss-communications involved. Some of the posts involved and being quoted were made before we had designed and began working on the winter content for this year, and as a result the plans have changed as it grew in awesomeness to accommodate what's best for the game. We hope when the content is released next week that everyone enjoys playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Regarding the Arlor vanities situation, we feel we have gone above and beyond for a typical seasonal update this time around and we believe everyone will find a lot of entertainment in it. As part of the event there are a lot of collectible and unique content in regards to pets, weapons, armors, vanities, and other elements not yet highlighted by Samhayne. In our developmental opinion, the creation over the passed few months on this winter content has negated a need for the Arlor sets to return. This was a decision we made to preserve the rarity of the vanities already in the game from last year, as well as bring new vanities to everyone. It's a very difficult thing at times catering to the number of players and gamers we have playing our games, and as everyone is no doubt aware it is not possible to please everyone. What we do decide, almost always is in the best interest of the game to the best of our knowledge and understanding.

As the die have already been cast, let's explore a potential follow up situation. Recanting on this decision and returning the Arlor sets would only serve to anger or antagonize an already delicate situation with yet MORE confusion and distrust. Player's that are currently happy would become angered, and angered players would become happier (briefly), and no one would know which way was up in terms of what else may come, go, stay or remain. After it went live all of the merching tied to the decision as well as other social factors would create a more horrendous situation for everyone involved as gold continues to change hands based on things discussed on the forums, fluctuating at an unknown rate as the need to appease different opinions and concerns at the same time becomes an impossible thing to juggle. The fallout of changing the decision again would be monumentally awful for both us and for you, the players. We have to be firm this time and commit to not bringing them back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we will work very hard to make sure this type of situation does not happen again!
    Thank you Carapace.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Well said. Kudos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thank you for an amazing explanation.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Thank you, there is always next year right. XD lol jk..but Defiantly understandable...But new and old players have to think twice before making a quick buck (Don't count your chickens before they hatch kinda thing). I for one didnt see this as a surprise.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

19. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Best PR damage control post we've got from a Dev on the Arlor's. Well said, and certainly more understandable despite whatever disappointment I may feel. It's amazing how a carefully thought out explanation makes a world of a difference. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Wow i have never played a game where the devs followed the economic mutation of the game with such interest +1!! And this explains and clears everything so well! thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Still somewhat mad they won't be returning but thank you for your response & going into detail & yes next time around try to be more detailed and precise on what you guys say, saves all the raging & dissappointed customers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

people arnt happy with new clothes :< sosad
    Last edited by cjswogkstkdg; 12-05-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Rouges own is nice, the wars own seems created without a good input of fantasy and the mage own is just too "minimal". Well i am rouge so cheers