Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pet and Pot transfer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Pet and Pot transfer

Is there any specific reason why pets ( that are already hatched ) bind to account? i would LOVE to have my Slag transfered to another account..

Is this possible? I mean, I did pay a hefty sum of plat for it..

Also, the same with potions..

It would be amazing if they could make a potion transfer system, such as PL has implemented.
    AL: l20 rogue : irootz l20 smurf : irootzz
    Proud gm of <Complexity>

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iiirootzz View Post
    Is there any specific reason why pets ( that are already hatched ) bind to account? i would LOVE to have my Slag transfered to another account..

It would be amazing if they could make a potion transfer system, such as PL has implemented.
    The problem specifically with potions is that there were exploits involved around when they were tradeable upon launch. Players were making new characters and running the initial content to quickly farm a lot of potions and trade them to their main, negating the need to buy them. For the good of the games economy and to remove that exploit potions were no longer allowed to be traded.

As for Pets, we run into issues with things like Achievement based pets being transferred between characters. Scams tied to selling the pet and not the egg, among other potential exploits.

The short answer is that it's done this way to preserve the integrity of the game and the economy within.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:1365683
    Quote Originally Posted by iiirootzz View Post

The problem specifically with potions is that there were exploits involved around when they were tradeable upon launch. Players were making new characters and running the initial content to quickly farm a lot of potions and trade them to their main, negating the need to buy them. For the good of the games economy and to remove that exploit potions were no longer allowed to be traded.

As for Pets, we run into issues with things like Achievement based pets being transferred between characters. Scams tied to selling the pet and not the egg, among other potential exploits.

The short answer is that it's done this way to preserve the integrity of the game and the economy within.
    Ah! I wasn't aware of any of this. Thank you so much for the response ! xx
    Proud gm of <Complexity>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

Makes sense.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Pet and Pot transfer

Potions should be allowed to traded though stash only so you have to reach travellers outpost. Also you should be able to accept a pet into another toon as long as its the sane lvl ex:lvl 36 slag shouldn't be allowed on lvl 10 rogue. Another thing is deleting pets in the stable,pets like barney have no potential use to experienced players and take up space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Potions should be allowed to traded though stash only so you have to reach travellers outpost. Also you should be able to accept a pet into another toon as long as its the sane lvl ex:lvl 36 slag shouldn't be allowed on lvl 10 rogue. Another thing is deleting pets in the stable,pets like barney have no potential use to experienced players and take up space.
    It is for an ap tho ultimately useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Btw many people still using same kind of bug to farm locked. Make new char and u will get 5 plat by little bit of lvling - buy luck exiler. Farm with high lvl player in area like black ridge with having two lepre each player. When we make new toon Klass or other guy also give exiler (lucky if they get luck exiler). Delete toon and make new char - repeat whole process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    Btw many people still using same kind of bug to farm locked. Make new char and u will get 5 plat by little bit of lvling - buy luck exiler. Farm with high lvl player in area like black ridge with having two lepre each player. When we make new toon Klass or other guy also give exiler (lucky if they get luck exiler). Delete toon and make new char - repeat whole process.
    People only really do that when they don't have a Lep, I don't think it's that bad of a thing to do, besides if they did have a lep, there wasting there time making those new toons, trading over any locks they got & repeating the process then just running on there main with a lep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why not non tradeable, but stashable?
    Last edited by Endeavorian; 12-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Altfs / Pratorian / Endeavorian

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Sounds like you need to develope your OWN game!

.+*^*+. Theillist1 .+*^*+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    People only really do that when they don't have a Lep, I don't think it's that bad of a thing to do, besides if they did have a lep, there wasting there time making those new toons, trading over any locks they got & repeating the process then just running on there main with a lep
    When i found this trick - my thoughts are same like you. Yeah its waste of time bla bla...
    But When my friends earned 1m per day by just farming locked - I need to rethink about that. (Note: During Nordor expansion, Locked price in AH around 14k+)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

When i found this trick - my thoughts are same like you. Yeah its waste of time bla bla...
    But When my friends earned 1m per day by just farming locked - I need to rethink about that. (Note: During Nordor expansion, Locked price in AH around 14k+)
    You mean he farmed around 70 lockeds per day? Really?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

But, then why are pots tradeable in PL....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    But, then why are pots tradeable in PL....?
    The liquidation rate is so high in PL that liquidating a few junk items will bring in the amount needed to buy potions in bulk.

So, it's not worth anyone's time to "exploit".
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I used to farm potions in PL. I used to run one of the AO dungeons (I think it was called Plasma Pyramid) where lots of gold drops. One run would bring about 3-4k in gold, and if you stashed all your potions, you would get 25 health and mana pots during the run as well. The run would take about 3-4 minutes, then visit the stash, store your potions and gold collected, then repeat. If you spent a couple hours doing that, you could make 50-100k gold and have about 1k health and mana pots which you could then sell.

In AL there is no place like this, and that's why gold is harder to come by in AL. I suggested this a while back, but it would be cool if there were some bosses that dropped large gold rewards instead of actual items. For example, just like we have locked crates, have some kind of chest that always contains just gold with no items. And maybe it falls from bosses on random occasion. I think I will post this idea in the suggestion forum.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Somehow, I don't believe this. 70 crates per day?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The liquidation rate is so high in PL that liquidating a few junk items will bring in the amount needed to buy potions in bulk.

So, it's not worth anyone's time to "exploit".
    Pots were also cheaper (iirc) and not nearly as important there.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

solution = create the potions for diferents lv.

example: Lv 1-10 1 potion regen 100hp Potion Lv 11-20 Regen 200 Potion Lv 21-30 Regen 300 Potion Lv 31-36 Regen 500.

easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21:1366565

solution = create the potions for diferents lv.

example: Lv 1-10 1 potion regen 100hp Potion Lv 11-20 Regen 200 Potion Lv 21-30 Regen 300 Potion Lv 31-36 Regen 500.

easy.

That's actually not a bad idea. O_o

More practical, and there isn't a negative side.. Except maybe to the coding that it would require on stg's side.
    Proud gm of <Complexity>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Leveled potions? Pass

Honestly, I just want the 1k+ pots my crate farmers have hordes from when klaas gave them pots instead of luck elixirs on my main. Saves me a little but of gold.