Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When PL hits PC....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoae View Post
    Why does everyone ignore my important post?
    because this post:

I think that the pc and iPhone will not be able to run on the same servers (different wifi connection types I think).

It would work if both the device and the pc were hooked up to the same wireless network, however that's not an mmo, that would he home computer and device hooked up to home computer network. I don't think you can get a mobile device and a pc hooked up to the same global wifi network.
    is completely wrong and irrelevant to the topic. It seems u dont understand what a server is base on the first part a server is simply something that every player is connected to and what hosts their interactions. so ya pc and mobile could be on same server or different server. Personally i think they should keep the server and database separate because lets face it theres a bigger edge playing on a pc vs a mobile device and i believe using a pc will make everything easier.

back to your post, your also wrong about this:
    I don't think you can get a mobile device and a pc hooked up to the same global wifi network.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Durnam View Post
    because this post:

is completely wrong and irrelevant to the topic. It seems u dont understand what a server is base on the first part a server is simply something that every player is connected to and what hosts their interactions. so ya pc and mobile could be on same server or different server. Personally i think they should keep the server and database separate because lets face it theres a bigger edge playing on a pc vs a mobile device and i believe using a pc will make everything easier.

back to your post, your also wrong about this:
    And why do you assume your right and I'm wrong?
    (unless you work for a computer service in which case I fail)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well Durnam is correct...if you wanna know why.. go google it and learn yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All I know is that the dev's have the great potential to **** up this game for a lot of people by trying to go crazy with it. I understand trying to make a living...but sometimes you have to not try to get too carried away with yourself. If you're a ford, don't try and be a ferrari.

I know this is counter-productive, but I probably won't be buying any more plat until I see which direction they intend on expanding this game. I've bought what I did because the game was called Pocket Legends, not Desktop Legends. If they start keying towards PC's and forget about those of us on our iPhail's and dunnohowtomultitouchDroids, then I'll be keying into another game in the itunes store.
    Hi, my name is Olhar. I'm a lvl41 mage in EOS and I'm an alcoholic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys have to understand that all of you have I devices, where there's probably plenty of people who can't afford a i device. N uctiger there's no need explaining your going to get another game from the app store. It's Sts choice and we can't change that but if it gets terrible due to pc I'm sure Sts will hear out on us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

When asked (and when they answer) the devs assure us everything will be on one server.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ugh sorry, but terrible idea. The second you can just buy the best gear with real money, the game goes under. People can already buy gold with plat and then use that gold to buy the best gear. Leave it at that.

Have to give people a reason to play, or they simply won't. And to say that they shouldn't care about their long-time customers -- umm, people talk. If unsatisfied customers flood the Internet with reviews telling people not to spend money on the game because it's not worth it, they won't be able to pick up new players or keep their old ones. Gotta keep your customers happy.

And besides, I really hope these devs won't get so full of themselves to pull stunts like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orei View Post
    Whats the big fuss about? I believe there are already cases of players buying gold / equipment with real money. When ao3 first released someone offered me around 30 USD for 1 million gold. It was casual chat and the player was a level 1 (maybe someone's mule). I ignored him though, thinking its probably someone who wants to get me banned. But I'm sure this black market transaction goes around from time to time.

To the devs:
    Why not just allow players to buy all the high end rares with plat? Or make gold purchases with plat more attractive? That way you can curb this black market transaction and generate more revenue. Dont worry about oldies quitting because of this system, cause oldies dont buy that much plat anyway. You need new players who are poor in game, interested to play but cant spend hours hogging the game, and have a few credit cards.

Try putting up a Power Armor for 100 or 150 plat. There will be lots of players (new and old) buying it, rather than spending hours/days farming overlord with no success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retributionzx View Post
    You guys have to understand that all of you have I devices, where there's probably plenty of people who can't afford a i device. N uctiger there's no need explaining your going to get another game from the app store. It's Sts choice and we can't change that but if it gets terrible due to pc I'm sure Sts will hear out on us
    But this is a mobile game. If I don't have an xbox (which I don't), I don't play xbox games. And iPhone users can't play pc games.

I agree, the game should stay mobile. I don't even see any attraction to playing on a pc. The only reason this game caught my attention is because I can play it anywhere I want and not be glued to a desk.

But the devs seem set on bringing it to pc, so I just hope they know what they're doing and have thought it through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeh they said they wouldn't disconnect PL from I devices so theres nothing to be afriad of. N you states you didn't want to glued to a desk well having the ability to play it any time seems like you can access it any time you unlike the PC version and many of you are worried there is going to be errors or unfair game play, from the looks many players go on the forums and STS reply constantly n it states from many reviews that STS is very active so I assume they will listen n developement the PC version so it suits PL i device players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where was it stated this would be on PC? I don't think it would be worth it. Great mobile game, but the simplistic levels and small world seems to not fit for a PC game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

To everyone who says that people are buying gold with PLAT, look at the prices. Who in the right mind would do that?
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    To everyone who says that people are buying gold with PLAT, look at the prices. Who in the right mind would do that?
    If you read the chatbox yesterday JustG talked about gold farmers and there concerns.

(Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The idea about selling high end gear in the platinum shop was pretty stupid. It's one thing to buy plat -> get gold with plat -> buy armor with gold. If there is an unlimited amount of armors ready to be brought into the game as soon as someone is willing to pay for it, the point of the game is lost. The fair thing would be to do as they've always been doing. Sell gear in the plat shop, not the best gear, but still ok. The very best is still to be farmed for. Actually I don't mind putting this game on PC. Just make it half-terrible and basically just make an iPhone-emulator or something. I would like to be able to play this game on my pc instead when I'm at home. Sure having an mmorpg on iPhone/iPod/Android is really awesome but it gets painful to play for longer periods of time. Don't want to buy an iPad just to play this game on a bigger screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post

this idiot edited his post >:| if i see him ingame ill kick his ***
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol barb it aint a bad image though and moon i agree with you i frankly dont see the big problem with PL on PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orei
    Dont worry if the oldies quit
    O.o Whoah there. I buy 30-60 plat a month...
    Until we came to such a large community of 2000 players and above, the devs and oldies and players was involved in may actions..
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Btw i disagree in PC.. -.-
    1. I dun wanna lag anymore due to server over loaded with players
    2. Noobs. noobs. noobs.
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),