Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ahh its a Recession!! and not just in real life!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    Guys, when the holiday campaign comes around the market will pick up.
    Trust me.

Trust me... New lewt = people will start to buy the new items. The current items may drop in value more soon so... Sell them.

Also most items have been out for awhile..such as the ao3 pinks. Ao3 pinks will drop in price more and more because I doubt people liquidate rift items.. So there are more in game, making them common and the prices drops.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    Trust me... New lewt = people will start to buy the new items. The current items may drop in value more soon so... Sell them.

Also most items have been out for awhile..such as the ao3 pinks. Ao3 pinks will drop in price more and more because I doubt people liquidate rift items.. So there are more in game, making them common and the prices drops.
    Agreed, but selling right now could potentially be bad, but it also could be good. When new items are released, it's possible that there's certain aspects of those items that are better than current ones, but it's also possible that some of the current ones might have certain stats that are more beneficial to a persons set up. It basically just equates to the stock market.
    Sickofwork: Lv. 50 Mage aka MagicMan
    "Holy sh**, Sick, OL just rocked your world lol" - Some dude
    "Yeah, I was there." - Me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gold is just way too overrated in this game. What is the difference between a player who has not much gold and someone with millions? IMO, no difference, just two pocket legends players.

I am surprised to see this thread even started... Recession?! In an online game?! Recession is something that affects governments, nations, people and their family, careers, liabilities, etc. Things that really matter in a person's life.

Obviously too many kids or students who have yet to step out into the working society are playing this game.
    IGNs | Orei (Elf) - Lvl 50 Mage/Paladin | Oreio (Ursan) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreides (Avian) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreii (Elf) - Lvl 47 Mage | Oreiz - Lvl 20 Storage Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sickofwork View Post
    Agreed, but selling right now could potentially be bad, but it also could be good. When new items are released, it's possible that there's certain aspects of those items that are better than current ones, but it's also possible that some of the current ones might have certain stats that are more beneficial to a persons set up. It basically just equates to the stock market.
    As soon as I see a new level cap increase my items will be in the auction house.

And if you sell them now, it would be a benefit. I don't think people will farm a03 when they are trying to hit 55
    But that could increase the value of those items because people wont farm ao3 when they are leveling. I doubt it though.
    (Yes I killed a dev)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I disagree. *shrug* which was probably obvious before you replied to me.
    Why do you disagree? If everyone had top gears then what point is there in playing the game? If I wanted to play with myself I would certainly find other ways >:P. (Gear clones).....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Why do you disagree? If everyone had top gears then what point is there in playing the game? If I wanted to play with myself I would certainly find other ways >:P. (Gear clones).....
    Pharcyde, don't bother. I've had this argument with him several times. You could talk till you're blue in your face, it won't change anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, I have been here for a long time and generally prices slowly drop until the next campaign comes out, then they plummet. The only time I ever saw prices increase was when they made the consignment shop (and nerfed the rush ... nod to Lesrider). And then, only certain items increased: AO3 elite pinks. You should have seen the insane asking prices for a Ryylox in the pre-OA3 days.

But some items, twink items especially, will never lose their value, like Dreamer's Darkbolt.

Wraith Armor will not hold its value. Sell now, because it will go below 500K soon, and willl not come back up.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Pharcyde, don't bother. I've had this argument with him several times. You could talk till you're blue in your face, it won't change anything.
    lol I thought using the term "Playing with myself" might actually get people to pay attention.. Did it work? YES!

Well, I have been here for a long time and generally prices slowly drop until the next campaign comes out, then they plummet. The only time I ever saw prices increase was when they made the consignment shop (and nerfed the rush ... nod to Lesrider). And then, only certain items increased: AO3 elite pinks. You should have seen the insane asking prices for a Ryylox in the pre-OA3 days.

But some items, twink items especially, will never lose their value, like Dreamer's Darkbolt.

Wraith Armor will not hold its value. Sell now, because it will go below 500K soon, and willl not come back up.
    dreamers darkbolt is down to 50k average now yo.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we need a system to liquidate or dispose of pinks. Like in PvP you can go into high risk matches where if you die you loose your gear. Then your opponent gets some of the cheese.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-07-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orei View Post
    Gold is just way too overrated in this game. What is the difference between a player who has not much gold and someone with millions? IMO, no difference, just two pocket legends players.

I am surprised to see this thread even started... Recession?! In an online game?! Recession is something that affects governments, nations, people and their family, careers, liabilities, etc. Things that really matter in a person's life.

Obviously too many kids or students who have yet to step out into the working society are playing this game.

It was kind of meant to be a joke within theory, i think your just over analyzing it buddy.. lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I agree with this. 95% of what you are saying is true. But... If the devs added in a new zone, like balefort goblin zone. This ended up harming the sale of some twink items but it helped other items gain value.

Snake, I should of told you this right after I saw the decline in AH value, Do Not Play the Market until next campaign level cap raise. Should of told you this 3 weeks ago when I started to see a decline in my sales. I have not resold in weeks lol.

Here is my example. I bought a few level 50 Ryylox lighting blasters when the auction house came out at 9k.

Resold them at 14k -15k

Next week did the same. But The blaster I found were 7k and I sold them for 9 each.

Next few days they dropped but I could find them cheap.

Recently I bought 3 ryylox lighting blaster level 50 for a total of 4k....

I had trouble selling them... They ended up selling ranging from 2.2-4.5k

Lol
    (Yes I killed a dev)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wraith Armor was at 420K last night. I wouldn't say it will never go back up, because Void Wings and OL Helms were selling for 75K a few days ago and were over 100K yesterday. However, they were back down to 60-70K this morning.

Hoenstly, I think the market depends a lot on time of day. I wake up in the morning and check the CS and see product overload, however, yesterday afternoon there was 1 OL Helm. Obviously, prices fluctuate as supply does. This could be utilized to all sellers benefit if they worked it correctly, but 1) the communication on that would be impossible and 2) why wait 4 days to sell for 25K more when you can sell for 75K now and farm for another in the process?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im enjoying watching the market crash just,out,of,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like in the real world, 1) you lose when you try to time the market, and 2) markets are ruled by greed or fear.

The prices are high when sellers find willing buyers. That's just fair market value. When the smarter players decide that they can wait or farm the items themselves, then the demand falls and/or supply increases, and prices fall. That is what's happening now. Farming Captive Audience over a couple hours yesterday, I saw three wraiths drop. If drop frequency isn't as bad as it used to be, then prices will continue to fall, and I would put those items on sale as fast as I get them. I can probably buy them cheaper in just a couple of weeks if I really want the item in my stash.

If there's one thing I learned in this game, it's that prices will always drop when enough farmers get interested in an item. e.g. green ice.

I remember when zuraz lances were going for a million. Now they're about 100k. Those who paid 10x as much are either kicking themselves, if they did it to profit, or shrugging their shoulders since they found enjoyment in using them when they needed them.

in the end, it's just a freaking game. Profits here don't even translate to the real world. It can provide a good education on market actions, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i love low prices!
    i collect
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I gave up trying to read all the posts so I don't know if anyone thought of this. There is a big amount of Droid players now (myself being one of them ) more people farming means rares aren't so rare anymore. More competition means lower prices.
    Last edited by Cabero; 12-08-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typos
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Voodoo economics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Balonia, I'm still waiting for your Voodoo Guide to All Things Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my thought, after an item has been equipped, it should no longer be able to be traded. Not sure how much that would take for coding, but basically after the gear has been equipped, it will now be bound to that account. By non-tradeable I mean something along the lines of how the vanity items or plat purchased items act. In this system the gears will not be recycled in the auction house, as the only solution would be to liquidate it. Right now all these rares are being farmed, but as soon as someone finishes with one it's right back onto the market, they never disappear so the amount never decreases, and instead increases. More quantity = lower prices. If there was a system to get rid of the items then Lower quantity = higher prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I say leave the market alone. It's all fake money anyways. It's just one means to get things. The other way is to pop it. That's part of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    You could always decide to become a communist and randomly give stuff and gold away!

you have a bad idea of comunism if you believe giving equals it. lol. Communism is BAD! Coming from an ex-exploited guy from communists. (Romania).
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!