Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Filthy Rich Ach: almost impossible to get it without using plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

1. all about the miracles lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Not sure how I did it but in the few months I have been playing I have been able to save up slightly more than 1m. I do not consider myself a fanatic player. I just farm whenever I feel like it or when I get a luck elixer. Many times I go past Brackenridge in between other maps.

First thing I did off course was buy a lep which was a huge investment at the time but it paid itself back a few times already.

I now have 6 slots for the auction house and I check the market first before I put something in. If it sells for less than 300 or so I don't bother - if the item sells for 500 or more I put it up in auction fairly cheap and most of the time I sell it.

Only a few times I sold something worth more than 100k and I do not farm for these more expensive items. I just try to sell what I get and all these little things add up.

Oh and do not get tempted to buy the best of the best each time you level up. I have been running around with lvl 25 equipment until I was lvl 35/36 and I still have an arch pylon of brutality lvl 35 which serves me very well. I will not spend the xk gold to get a few points more from a lvl 36 weapon - specially not with the new lvl cap around the corner.

Be patient, be clever and don't be too greedy and you will get there. If you want it fast... quit school and only play AL

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Farm locks and set yourself a goal of 5-10 a day, you could be making yourself 350k-700k a week. Imo best place to farm is km3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    Try to set a goal for how many crates you get a day. I like to make sure that I at least find 5 crates a day, no matter how long it takes to find them. That way at the barest minimum I'm making 50k a day. Whatever else i find and sell after that is a bonus.

Your best place to farm locked is jarl in brakenridge. Just keep doing it over and over
    ok thx again but it will take months and months to have millions of gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garou498 View Post
    ok thx again but it will take months and months to have millions of gold
    Yes, it will - but that's how the game works. Sounds like you're in an awful big hurry, which I can understand, but try not to worry about how long it will take. Just do it and you'll see how easy it is to earn gold.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

best place to farm areu need to wear lepre tho)
    1) elite southern seas for elite golden pirate
    2) elite bael for malison egg
    3) km3 for locked crates and nexus
    4) elite oltgar for vixen nd entomed hammer
    5) elite overgrowth for architect weapon
    6) elite ferrix for archon rings

and do bard dailies on multiple toons. after 2months ur all toons will have 500tokens+ and if u lucky that sts introduced a new 500token pet then u will be millionaire depending on ur number of toons.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Alot of good responses from different people, keep it rolling guys!!
    My tip: Do bard tales daily and buy inventory from tokens... Max ur inventory to 500( i have 28 characters so it was easy for me) then buy 100 locks from those 1million u got.. (just try to buy locks for less than auction) one month later, after expansion sell those locks for 20-35k each, easy money :3 when u have 2million.. Start lowballing people..

Yes LOWBALL is the only way of making money in this game right now for non plat users... For example advertise 'buying red/yellow items for alot of money' trust me i was able to buy hammerjaw for 2m then why not u!! I started this game a month ago and i already have filthy rich title..
    My next aim is goldfinger then midas of touch... Many people wont like 'lowball' idea but cmmon lowball is not scaming or tricking its just pure merching( buy less, sell more) .... All the best for getting filthy rich title!! If need more help in merching add me ingame - betichod

Also i highly recommend making alot of good frnds ingame, try to be as much social as possible.... Frnds can help u get some awesome deals!! Or help u with some deals

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nagin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by borix View Post
    Not sure how I did it but in the few months I have been playing I have been able to save up slightly more than 1m. I do not consider myself a fanatic player. I just farm whenever I feel like it or when I get a luck elixer. Many times I go past Brackenridge in between other maps.

First thing I did off course was buy a lep which was a huge investment at the time but it paid itself back a few times already.

I now have 6 slots for the auction house and I check the market first before I put something in. If it sells for less than 300 or so I don't bother - if the item sells for 500 or more I put it up in auction fairly cheap and most of the time I sell it.

Only a few times I sold something worth more than 100k and I do not farm for these more expensive items. I just try to sell what I get and all these little things add up.

Oh and do not get tempted to buy the best of the best each time you level up. I have been running around with lvl 25 equipment until I was lvl 35/36 and I still have an arch pylon of brutality lvl 35 which serves me very well. I will not spend the xk gold to get a few points more from a lvl 36 weapon - specially not with the new lvl cap around the corner.

Be patient, be clever and don't be too greedy and you will get there. If you want it fast... quit school and only play AL
    KK thanks vry much for the tip!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    best place to farm areu need to wear lepre tho)
    1) elite southern seas for elite golden pirate
    2) elite bael for malison egg
    3) km3 for locked crates and nexus
    4) elite oltgar for vixen nd entomed hammer
    5) elite overgrowth for architect weapon
    6) elite ferrix for archon rings

and do bard dailies on multiple toons. after 2months ur all toons will have 500tokens+ and if u lucky that sts introduced a new 500token pet then u will be millionaire depending on ur number of toons.
    ok thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thank you all u really helped me!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The reason the archon rings are so cheap right now, is because a bug occurred after the crafting update, causing those rings to drop at insanely high rates. There will always be an excess of archon rings from that bug, and there are people holding them in the stash waiting for the price to drive back up. The thought of archon rings being priced at 1 million anytime soon is quickly shunned by the surplus of the item. But they are still one of the best things to farm.
    PL: Artaeon (Archer)
    AL: Artaeon (Rogue)

Read my Short, Heroic Love Poem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ok, i just have a question: how can i give story tokens to my other toon??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Its so easy to gt 10m without plat..
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Its so easy to gt 10m without plat..
    lol, so how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Get yourself some locked crates before this expansion hits. If you're lucky and sts release a weekend before the expansion that has to do with locked crates, you can sell them then. They are usually 20k-30k on these events depending on what the event is. Once the event is over, use the money you made to buy more locked crates before the expansion. When expansions hit, they tend to go up in price due to people wanting the new gear and new pets (especially if they release an arcane pet). Since STS is going to be slowly releasing items, you can keep doing this method and sooner or later you'll be rolling in the $$$.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Imjebus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imjebus View Post
    Get yourself some locked crates before this expansion hits. If you're lucky and sts release a weekend before the expansion that has to do with locked crates, you can sell them then. They are usually 20k-30k on these events depending on what the event is. Once the event is over, use the money you made to buy more locked crates before the expansion. When expansions hit, they tend to go up in price due to people wanting the new gear and new pets (especially if they release an arcane pet). Since STS is going to be slowly releasing items, you can keep doing this method and sooner or later you'll be rolling in the $$$.
    ok thanks very much!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I merch for my money. Don't have time to farm. I Merch while on toilet break at work haha

Most ppl won't tell u there secrets as it won't be secret anymore obviously. Time for u to experiment and figure it out like we did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

farm lockeds / farm in km3 with a fast group / sametimes do elite.. its all u can do with farm but problem is everything only about lucky... sametimes i am geting 1 or 0 locled in 30 min reroll + lepre, sametimes 1 locked in 1 hour combo + lepre, sametimes 8 locked ( super rare ) in 1 hour combo... awarage 2-3 locked in 30 min reroll... i did so much elites oltgar keep / shuyal and never get any drops, sametimes geting golden warchests but never get a good thing from chests to.. but i am seeing in my team ppls geting drops.. so they are,luckly i am not ( 0 legendary from all my shuyal + oltgar runs )..

and i want to say, my friend just opened 2 locked with free plat offers and he find arcane rogue weapon ( 9 mil ) everything about lucky...
    if you are not a super luckly person = u need waste months maybe year for get 10 mil with farm..

buy cheap than sell better price <<< this is faster way for earn gold but you need to learn how its work.. need to focus on which items ppls will buy... i just buyed 5-6 ring on winter and now i sold they.. only 5-6 ring i win 500 k. so if you can do it and if u do it on more item u will get more gold... i didnt buy alot winter ring for not risk so much...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garou498 View Post
    Hello community,
    I'm farming and merchanting sinces many months, and i can't get more than 850k.

Every day, when i see folks who are full myhtic, i ask them: "how did u get gold to buy these mythics???"
    and they always answer me "by farming and merchanting", and i ask them to say a few simple details like "where did u farm?", ... and they always say "everywhere", because in fact MOST of them got millions of gold BY OPENING CRATES!!
    Here's an evidence: all of my friends who are minor and don't have credit cards to buy plat, or these who didn't pay to have plat, ALL OF THEM try to get millions of gold, and they say that's its very hard and that it will take 5 months.

I tried to farm brackenridge with my lep, result: got 2 crates in 40 minutes, so got 30k gold; i sometimes get one luck elix from klaas, but that's rare.
    I tried to farm in Elite Oltgar, result: one entombed hammer of warfare, sold 250k, in almost two weeks farming there (LOLOL!)
    I tried to farm in KM3, result: 4 or 5 locked in a few days, so only 60k.

So, i farmed almost everywhere, and many hours, i didnt get lots of extra loot, and i tried to merch, i get 100k, and i lost 150k, im still trying to sell 2 ensorcelled bands 200K OFF CS, and pple dont want!!! What do they want? to have it for free???
    So if someone can give me a good tip, ill thank him or her. I'm desespeared. Can someone help me and my friends?? Thanks in advance, garou498. :'(
    I have filthy rich x2 and I have never once bought plat, I didn't start merching until I reached 12mill,

It's simple take your opportunities e.g when they mess up loot drops
    FRIENDS IS THE ANSWER- without my guild and friends I wouldn't of got far... (Constant parties and lending me gold also got a chance to use arcane maul for a week )
    And when they say farm everywhere that's true as the noob places now were the best places a while ago...

Also only merch items worth 1mill+ because it's a high price because it's popular! merching cheap items will never work as everyone wants the best and saves up...

My first mill was made in 5hours on the 50% luck weekend when crates were 22k each I farmed about 80-100 ...
    And at start of season 5 I farmed km3 for 1-2weeks got 135locked (full inventory) and sold them during winter event made 2.3-2.4mill...

Join my guild insomnia - constantly farming elite and arena, fun not competitive, someone joined our guild and had been playing 2weeks he now has 2.4 mill from farming with us

Pm me - samdegreat in games or on forum if you wish for any info!!!
    Last edited by Samdegreat; 01-21-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Just buy mythic cheap like lepre=160k from others, and sell it back for 200k. Bingo, u get a profit 40k. Do many time until u sick.