Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Skills. (4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Yes mages are weaker in a 1v1, but they arent built for single target so they shouldnt be doing 1v1 in the first place, like i said if they want to do 1v1s in a ctf based game then face the concequences. Mages are fine in 5v5s.
    This is also a point. why should mages dominate in 1v1? Sts has not made a 1v1 arena and ctf is team based as well as tdm. From what ive seen mages show worth in 5v5 with only 4 skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    This made my day lol. "Don't reply because we all know my opinion is the correct one". Nice.

If you could use 5th and 6th we wouldn't be having this conversation. Your whole argument was based on how unfair it is for sorcs to use it since it's not as effective for rogues. Contradiction level cap.

It's hard arguing with people who don't understand things in-depth...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This has been a shallow misplaced complaint thread from the beginning. The only real issue that has surfaced through this useless debate is --apparently-- the frequent use of recorded keystrokes to gain unfair advantage on PvP.

Since you're all so confident about using 5th and "owning" us all, why don't you do just that? Do you seriously expect anyone to believe you made this thread out of ethical dilemmas concerning the purity and fairness of PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Oh please, enlighten us with your in-depth explanation of the matter.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Why cant we just be friends??!!! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    Why cant we just be friends??!!! :P
    That's not any fun

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex:1437920
    This has been a shallow misplaced complaint thread from the beginning. The only real issue that has surfaced through this useless debate is --apparently-- the frequent use of recorded keystrokes to gain unfair advantage on PvP.

Since you're all so confident about using 5th and "owning" us all, why don't you do just that? Do you seriously expect anyone to believe you made this thread out of ethical dilemmas concerning the purity and fairness of PvP?

Oh please, enlighten us with your in-depth explanation of the matter.
    You probably dont pvp much on your rogue, because if you pvp for just 10minutes youll see that rogues have THE worst survivability out of all 3 classes - mages have arcane shield which doubles their survivability.

Both mages and warriors have a 2sec invincibility -thats the easiest way to switch skills..

That being said, rogues are unable to use 5 skills. You have a rogue dont you, why dont you fight me with 5+ skills with ur rogue
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The reason why rogues would not use 5 skills is because rogue skills have very short cooldowns, so there would be no advantage to switching skills while waiting for cooldown since it would actually take longer than just waiting for your current skills to cooldown. For warriors and sorcerers, we have some skills with very long cooldowns, so that's why players are using this exploit.

But I could see one situation where a rogue could use 5 skills. At the beginning of the battle, drop your health packs, then switch out that skill immediately for another attack skill and then attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1438473
    The reason why rogues would not use 5 skills is because rogue skills have very short cooldowns, so there would be no advantage to switching skills while waiting for cooldown since it would actually take longer than just waiting for your current skills to cooldown. For warriors and sorcerers, we have some skills with very long cooldowns, so that's why players are using this exploit.

But I could see one situation where a rogue could use 5 skills. At the beginning of the battle, drop your health packs, then switch out that skill immediately for another attack skill and then attack. Its a good suggestion however not ALL rogues (even undergeared) have the health of 3500+, its quite easy to snipe someone if theyre sitting there, especially against rogues and maes with critpower. Imho the risks topple over the benefits so I wouldnt use it.
    Yep agreed with ener, mages and warriors dont want to wait for cooldowns so they use another skill. Inarguably, his sounds EXACTLY like the pet spam exploit because warriors and mages dont like cooldowns and therefore swap it with another skill.

In a previous fight with a mage, the mage uses charged arcane shield, after using arcane shield, a mage will never use it again in a fight so they switch it with another skill because they dont want to wait for cd. Then they curse, lightning, fireball and heal if necessary. So after reading this, you 4+ skill users dont consider it an exploit? This way mages get SUPER survivability from arcane shield, then they get a heal which helps them survie and they get 3 ATTACK SKILLS! Thats not an exploit? With warriors its probably similar.

My 2 cents: Imo this is in no way a tactic, if you think its a smart tactic and therefore exploit cooldowns, then you should get punished, youre no worse than the other cheaters as you are also abusing cooldowns to gain unfair advantages. If you're weak then get gear instead of an extra skill. Its not hard to kill other classes with 4 skills when you have gear and skill, or maybe stick to your role? Warriors are built around tanking, so why use 5+ skills to tank AND dps? Pick either one with 4 skills...Mages arent built for 1v1ing in the first place but 5 mages vs 5 rogues WHO would win? They are a team and support/dps class not single target - which is a 1v1.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

My 2 cents: Imo this is in no way a tactic, if you think its a smart tactic and therefore exploit cooldowns, then you should get punished, youre no worse than the other cheaters as you are also abusing cooldowns to gain unfair advantages. If you're weak then get gear instead of an extra skill. Its not hard to kill other classes with 4 skills when you have gear and skill, or maybe stick to your role? Warriors are built around tanking, so why use 5+ skills to tank AND dps? Pick either one with 4 skills...Mages arent built for 1v1ing in the first place but 5 mages vs 5 rogues WHO would win? They are a team and support/dps class not single target - which is a 1v1.
    What cooldown? Changing skills normal way (i mean go to menu and so on) takes few seconds within those I can be dead. It depends on how fast u r with ur fingers, and u do it in ur own risk. Its like new skill that just didnt get the spot yet (i think sooner or later we will need that spot) and when u switch to the previous skill its still in cooldown if its a skill with high cooldown time. So there is no abusing of any cooldown unless u using those keystrokes or whatever, but that is unfair even with only 4 skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii:1438614

What cooldown? Changing skills normal way (i mean go to menu and so on) takes few seconds within those I can be dead. It depends on how fast u r with ur fingers, and u do it in ur own risk. Its like new skill that just didnt get the spot yet (i think sooner or later we will need that spot) and when u switch to the previous skill its still in cooldown if its a skill with high cooldown time. So there is no abusing of any cooldown unless u using those keystrokes or whatever, but that is unfair even with only 4 skills
    Escaping CD as in: They use a skill, say arcane shield which has a 20+ sec cd, they dont want to wait 20+ sec so they replace shield with an attack skill eg. Lightning.

See now?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Escaping CD as in: They use a skill, say arcane shield which has a 20+ sec cd, they dont want to wait 20+ sec so they replace shield with an attack skill eg. Lightning.

See now?
    No, thats not escaping any cooldown that is just using 5th skill. U cant forbid to use it, players got the skill points they allocate them to skills they wanted and now they using it, its hard way tough bc as i said switching is risky.
    U cant dictate ppl how to play, and im sorry but thats what u r trying to do

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    No, thats not escaping any cooldown that is just using 5th skill. U cant forbid to use it, players got the skill points they allocate them to skills they wanted and now they using it, its hard way tough bc as i said switching is risky.
    True facts here. And btw, this is coming from a rogue's perspective. +1 to you Uzii.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    When devs will put a nice 10sec cooldown on the skill changed you will see how fast they will stop switching skills during fights ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    When devs will put a nice 10sec cooldown on the skill changed you will see how fast they will stop switching skills during fights ^^
    Let's see if this will happen. I think not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Let's see if this will happen. I think not.
    Just be hoping it doesn't cause if it does mages and wars have finish exploiting.

what leaves me perplexed most is that mages are so concentrated in trying to beat rogues, they are already capable of beating, supporting this skill exploit thing and can't see who is really benefitting from the whole matter are wars now they can also add juggernauth in their build. Aren't you happy? c:

Players are acting base on their current interest, the one they see right in front of their noses and not looking at the whole situation. Nice. c:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii:1438640

See now?
    Using a 5th skill? Thats not what everyone has a chance to do and thats what I have a problem with. Lets 1v1 uzi, u try to switch skills in midfight and see the result. ITS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to switch as a rogue because of our limted survivability. We only have our heal packs in pvp as a heal, 99% rogues dont use razor or other skills except packs, As, sp, nox. Without these four we wouldnt fulfill our role, and with these four skills its way too risky to switch unlike mages or wars.

And yes it is escaping a CD as they switch the skills and use another one MIDFIGHT. I doubt any mage will refuse a chance to do a double arcane shield but since they dont have that chance, they replace it with another attack skill. As for telling people how to play, we should all have a fair chance to use 4+ skills OR NONE OF US can do it.

Sts allowed us to spec 5 and more skills to switch between pvp/pve or ctf/tdm, or use different builds for different situations NOT for switching the CD skills midfight and im pretty sure about this because pvp wasnt invented in early S2 where we could spe 5 skills.

You guys just dont see the other perspectives. Insta may I ask the honest reason you switch skills? Is it because 4 skills cant suffice? You dont wish to wait to CD?

And I do want the cooldowns to stay on the skill slots, so then you ppl wont exploit the system just to use 5 skills. If it was implemented, would you still use 5+skills?
    Last edited by Bless; 01-22-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I find it funny that rogues are the ones crying about this but they have the best KDR in the game. Anything that threatens this seems like the end of the world. And please don't tell me about previous seasons. You can look at people's TDM kdr which was only released last season. And rogues still have the best KDR. People don't use 5 skills to avoid the cool down. Its because the 2 defensive skills mages have aren't good enough. Shield only lasts for 15 seconds with a 30 second cool down. When you are fighting a rogue with mythic daggers, shield breaks very fast. It doesn't last 15 seconds. And lifegiver doesn't recover enough health. And once shield is down you are instantly killed. So using lifegiver in a lot of situations is basically useless. Not every class is the same and not every class has 5 skills which can be used in PvP. If you don't like it then create another class and start playing it. In fact you should be able to use all your skills regardless. Being limited to only 4 skills is rather silly. You should have the option to add a 5th or 6th skill to the HUD if you want. People have extra skill points now so it makes sense to have more skills on the HUD.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I find it funny that rogues are the ones crying about this but they have the best KDR in the game. Anything that threatens this seems like the end of the world. And please don't tell me about previous seasons. You can look at people's TDM kdr which was only released last season. And rogues still have the best KDR. People don't use 5 skills to avoid the cool down. Its because the 2 defensive skills mages have aren't good enough. Shield only lasts for 15 seconds with a 30 second cool down. When you are fighting a rogue with mythic daggers, shield breaks very fast. It doesn't last 15 seconds. And lifegiver doesn't recover enough health. And once shield is down you are instantly killed. So using lifegiver in a lot of situations is basically useless. Not every class is the same and not every class has 5 skills which can be used in PvP. If you don't like it then create another class and start playing it. In fact you should be able to use all your skills regardless. Being limited to only 4 skills is rather silly. You should have the option to add a 5th or 6th skill to the HUD if you want. People have extra skill points now so it makes sense to have more skills on the HUD.
    Kdr means nothing. Crying rogues? Yes ener is a rogue. 5/6 slots? Class equality was built on the idea that you would use 4 skills, basically a checks and balance system.

How I see using more than 4 skills is -

*Obese person walks to a stand*

Stand- Please take one COOKIE

*Obese person grabs 3 cookies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Sigh, this guys.
    As i pointed out on the previews pages, warriors and sorc switch to survive and kill other classes.
    What exploit of nonesense are you talking about? Others switch because 4skill isn't enough to take down the rogues.
    Most annoying part is you guys are crying because its "unfair, we are the weakest, we die easy, etc BS etc"
    Which class can two hits? One hit? Or use samael stunlock and spam arrows?

AL has 4skill slot available but that doesn't mean that you can just play with only 4skills. It's dumb if you think that way.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Kdr means nothing. Crying rogues? Yes ener is a rogue. 5/6 slots? Class equality was built on the idea that you would use 4 skills, basically a checks and balance system.

How I see using more than 4 skills is -

*Obese person walks to a stand*

Stand- Please take one COOKIE

*Obese person grabs 3 cookies*
    KDR demonstrates how well the class can survive in PvP. If you're very squishy then you die easier hence you'll end but with a worse KDR. This is when looking at KDRs overall and not just one specific person. Overall rogues have the best KDR. So previous posts which say mages have super survivability and rogues have limited survivability is wrong and proven in any 1v1 and 5v5 fight. If you are only talking about mages vs rogue in a 1v1 fight then this is not a realistic picture. As for using 4 skills vs 5 skills, I wouldn't use 5 skills mid combat. But I do use 5 skills and I switch when its safe or if I die. It depends on the situation, the make up of my team and the make up of the other team. If someone wants to risk it to switch skills mid combat then that's up to them. Its a big risk and could mean they'll die.