Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think a good reason why many players left PL for AL is because of the selfish thinking of PL players. Perhaps y'all don't realize it now, but this exclusivity thinking is what kills the game. Y'all are thinking: me, me, mine, me, me? Oh wait, what about me!?

The fact is this:
    • The more exclusivity there is in a game, the less players want to play. This is especially true if other players have an advantage over them that they can never obtain.

In AL, they learned from those mistakes. It doesn't matter if you start today - you can still earn every single item in the game as if you played from day one. There are very few to I daresay no amount of exclusive vanities/rare items that hold an advantage like they do in PL.

@Angel
    You do not need a 3 piece ring at end-game, yes. However, the question is, why can they not earn one?

You have earned your ring, correct? How does changing the way rings are given effect your ring? Let me answer that for you - nothing has changed about it. You paid for what you received and have enjoyed it for years. To say no to others is just pure selfishness and greed.

The vanities you have gotten will forever remain exclusive, as they should be. However, no stat advantage should be exclusive and unobtainable - I say this for founders helms as well. This sort of thinking is what contributed towards the killing off of PL.

The amount of veterans in this game is small and does not represent the income for STG. By not allowing fellow new players to come, support the game, and stick around due to selfish desires is what kills the game. I do not know how many times I need to repeat it for people to see that this has in fact become a reality.

Again, I will state that all these selfish desires and need to be exclusive is what kills PL. In AL, there are many exclusive weapons and whatnot as well - however, they can be earned through the hard work of earning gold. PL does not provide that at all.

That's all,

~Zeus
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^My thanks for today are gone, but as usual, thanks for this word Zeus!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1440190
    I think a good reason why many players left PL for AL is because of the selfish thinking of PL players. Perhaps y'all don't realize it now, but this exclusivity thinking is what kills the game. Y'all are thinking: me, me, mine, me, me? Oh wait, what about me!?

The fact is this:
    • The more exclusivity there is in a game, the less players want to play. This is especially true if other players have an advantage over them that they can never obtain.

In AL, they learned from those mistakes. It doesn't matter if you start today - you can still earn every single item in the game as if you played from day one. There are very few to I daresay no amount of exclusive vanities/rare items that hold an advantage like they do in PL.

@Angel
    You do not need a 3 piece ring at end-game, yes. However, the question is, why can they not earn one?

You have earned your ring, correct? How does changing the way rings are given effect your ring? Let me answer that for you - nothing has changed about it. You paid for what you received and have enjoyed it for years. To say no to others is just pure selfishness and greed.

The vanities you have gotten will forever remain exclusive, as they should be. However, no stat advantage should be exclusive and unobtainable - I say this for founders helms as well. This sort of thinking is what contributed towards the killing off of PL.

The amount of veterans in this game is small and does not represent the income for STG. By not allowing fellow new players to come, support the game, and stick around due to selfish desires is what kills the game. I do not know how many times I need to repeat it for people to see that this has in fact become a reality.

Again, I will state that all these selfish desires and need to be exclusive is what kills PL. In AL, there are many exclusive weapons and whatnot as well - however, they can be earned through the hard work of earning gold. PL does not provide that at all.

That's all,

~Zeus
    Voted for president

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    Well, it seems we are jammed on one matter about what is fair and what is correct which was pretty expectable, I just failed and didn't expect it

Anyway, to move the discussion on a little bit, let me throw in some bit diffeternt matter, pretty much related to this.

We are mostly considering and discussing personal reasons, or reason related to some group of players, to vindicate purposes. Let's think more globally, think about what is good for whole game. First of, I'd like to make clear, that what I'm sometimes trying to explain requires higher level of language, then what I'm comfortable with. Please read all of my posts with this knowledge, and be lenient about my expressions

PL is not in it's best days, I think we all may agree on this. The main reason is lack of new content, especially new level cap, also agreed I hope. But for keeping the game alive and cool as we know it, we still need active and excited players. Eventhough PVP is the main part of the game for a lot of you, without some necesary level of activity in PVE and on the market, the game will suffer and keep dying. And what is the new pure blood into veins of PL? Are those us, old, skilled and mostly rich players? No, I don't think so. It's the population of new players, who levels through dungeons, form active supply/demand on items, keep market alive and who are the engine of the game organysm actually.

So, If you agree with me till this point, you also know, that those players I talk about need motivation, something to find a joy of playing. But the only thing they find out now, after some time of playing, that reaching cap is not so big achievement, and it's most likely all what can they do. The future about new cap is unsure and I cant find any new goals, or at least expectations and excitement for upcomming goals for those players. What only they see around is group of old, grinded players, which had much more content to enjoy, using some extra benefits. I seriously think this must be demotivating feeling, and reason to exit the game perhaps.

By accepting this plan (or some other similar one) as good one, despite of loosing some benefits which are now exclusive for you, you might be rewarded by the player base improvement, which helps the whole game to be better, even without some other new content.

Please don't expect others to wait patiently for new cap, which isn't even sure to come. Rather accept the changes, and let something go on. Opposite scenario may be pretty catastrophic. We will be loosing player community, and at the end, whole PL will be group of old loyal players doing PVP fights over and over. Market will by destroyed without demands of average leveling player, there wuld be noone to buy your items and also with decreasing number of players, STG will be lowering the attention (logicaly) more and more, till some hoper for new content will be completely forgotten.
    I agree with most with this, but the only right solution is new 81 cap or higher. Play Arcane Legends. Only thing for getting cap in Arcane Legends is banner. Here You got elite weapons, elite bosses with two special quests. You get even motivation to get vanity Mystery Dragon Set. I think it's enough. Better everyone all stop quarrel and try to motivate STS or STG, whatever, to give us another cap. As I said before they was have 1.5 year to do something, slowly, with patience, but they didn't.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^Angeldawn^

So much hate? Why do I think that those who have all are getting more excitable and jealous than others... You guys are living in the past to much I think. Move on, we are playing a mobile game. Why not just let some things go and increase joy of present.

No rage, take this easy, I'm just saying. I know it must be harder than it seems

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^Gibol^

True my friend. You are right. Your oppinion is also reason, why ideas like this haven't came earlier. But as you correctly mention, it's been year and half. And we had few traces from Sam lately, that eventhough it's long already, it is still unsure that cap is to come any time soon. This whole idea was called temporare solution. Like adding some cap content, without making cap itself. Nothing more, nothing less. I think we all tried to show of our expectations for cap, but Sam has pretty cleared some reasons, why it's not that common for STG these days. I still believe, that it comes, but when? Let's wait 2 more years, with only double XP weeks and restored events? Aww, the game wouldnt survive this I think. This solution would, and I'm certain about this, keep current players, both new and older ones in game. Without requirements for any work on new maps, levels, gear etc. That's it in brief.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

And if they give new elite quest for other rings, this rings can't be better then 2pc or 3pc. That sadly unfair. And I'm agree with Angeldawn with all her statement.
    If my english is crap just understand I'm from country that language is different.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

How about a compromise between the elite ringed players and the no elite ring players? I like Argyros' idea and instead of making the reward a 3pc, how about a Ring of Persistence which is worse than the regular 3pc and has different sparkles? And cannot be combined with dragon ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    How about a compromise between the elite ringed players and the no elite ring players? I like Argyros' idea and instead of making the reward a 3pc, how about a Ring of Persistence which is worse than the regular 3pc and has different sparkles? And cannot be combined with dragon ring.
    There's still the issue of stat advantage, which is a big reason why a lot of players leave PL and go to games like AL.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There's still the issue of stat advantage, which is a big reason why a lot of players leave PL and go to games like AL.
    Yes, but this time everyone can earn it. Those who choose to be lazy and not earn it will not get the stat advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them. If only we would all help and try to get our community back together maybe we could bring back a bit of good PL..like how it used to be.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grrrrimadoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^Gibol^

Then tell me, what would be different from how it's right now? We have fifth cap so far, and 3pc ring (again, sorry for repeating what I wrote above already). If you see some injustice in this, you really should feel it already since humania cap. Because for those who have all 3 original CoP Set caps (Best looking pro god master set in game, my view), Last 2 caps did NOT bring ANYTHING new to them, in case of rings (them = characters with that set). For players, as for whole account, It brought possibelity to obtain elite rings on other characters, which werent capped all times before.

ALL of ^^this^^ would be the SAME in Argyros's vision. Or am I false? Please correct me if I am, really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    Yes, but this time everyone can earn it. Those who choose to be lazy and not earn it will not get the stat advantage.
    There's still the stat difference even if they do earn it, correct? Players aren't being rewarded for their loyalty, so why should they bother? The issue is by giving out exclusive stat'd items in the first place.

Yes, you do not need them to be good - but that isn't the approach to contemplate angry customers. Instead, they will just look for other games which is already an aftermath that PL is currently experiencing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

The only way a person should get the opportunity for a ring is to get to 81, fairest and easiest way.

Of cource its not the players fault theres no new cap, but that is the one solution that will keep all people happy

Have a good day everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them. If only we would all help and try to get our community back together maybe we could bring back a bit of good PL..like how it used to be.
    I'm in Btw helpers aren't gone at all, just theres a lack of them. If all rich pros realized, that some of the best feeling commes from helping others, there would be plenty of donnors. And I dont mean just material gifts, but also advice or friendship to new player. I am trying to be like that. And I know others who does the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    This is completely untrue!!! I know serve rail ppl who help new players all the time. Help with teaching, sets, gold, leveling, PVP all of it. Just because ppl don't brag about it. It doesn't mean it isn't happening. Maybe you don't help others but many do!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

@Angel

~Zeus
    Angel did not say new players shouldn't be able to earn a three piece ring. She was simply saying they can compete with proper knowledge and skill. The majority of us would like Pvp to be balanced including Angel... Witch is why she helped Tank with his proposed balance thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    This is completely untrue!!! I know serve rail ppl who help new players all the time. Help with teaching, sets, gold, leveling, PVP all of it. Just because ppl don't brag about it. It doesn't mean it isn't happening. Maybe you don't help others but many do!
    Completely untrue!!! ? What is? Doggy's post is talking about pervailing impression, and I agree with this. I also know people who help, but that doesn't mean what Doggy says is "completely untrue!!!". Seriously, c'mon Angel...

If Doggy was the one who does not care about help to others, he wouldn't write such a post don't you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shilooo View Post
    Angel did not say new players shouldn't be able to earn a three piece ring. She was simply saying they can compete with proper knowledge and skill. The majority of us would like Pvp to be balanced including Angel... Witch is why she helped Tank with his proposed balance thread.
    True, Angel didn't say this. Angel said, that IF others get oportunity for 3pc ring, then SHE should get some even better ring, saying there SHOULDN'T be equality. Where is the balance then?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocolo View Post
    The only way a person should get the opportunity for a ring is to get to 81, fairest and easiest way.

Of cource its not the players fault theres no new cap, but that is the one solution that will keep all people happy

Have a good day everyone
    Even if there is an 81 cap, many players will only be able to get the 2pc, and the cycle of complaining for 86 cap will continue. New players will join and wonder why they cannot get an elite ring. It is a never ending cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Eh, players do help all the time. Most do in in subtle, unassuming ways. Many players however, have seriously grown stingy, or became trolls. There is evidence of this everywhere. Crim tried his best to arouse the community, and it helped to some degree.