Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Skills. (4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This is an inaccurate generalization. There are some rogues who live by KSing and leaving games when the other team gets too strong. There's warriors and mages who do this also. These people have exceptional K/D's. I've played partner with a warrrior since I started PVP and thus don't play by KS out of respect for him. I also don't believe in leaving my team and bailing.
    You... You are a most honourable fighter!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This is an inaccurate generalization. There are some rogues who live by KSing and leaving games when the other team gets too strong. There's warriors and mages who do this also. These people have exceptional K/D's. I've played partner with a warrrior since I started PVP and thus don't play by KS out of respect for him. I also don't believe in leaving my team and bailing.

As a rogue who played since before the days of the windmill glitches, my K/D is near even, and believe it or not, more rogues have stats like mine than Pred's - nobody should be comparing the entire rogue class to the top player in it, or to the handful that play for K/D alone. Most mages I see today have K/D's that are crazy good - and there's tons of warriors 3:1 or better at end game PVP. Maybe Rogues had it better once, but that is no longer the case.
    Who even believes many of those good kdr these days the way the game is full of dummy farmers.
    Personally i prefer to roll with someone with a even kdr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Pres has daggers, I use devourer bow. *hero deep* no difference eh?

A sorcerer can't one combo? YOU DONT KNOW ANY GOOD ONES.

I think arrypotta is the best 1v1 sorc, try talking to him- I can't even get to my first pack because I'm dead.
    This is the height of hypocrisy right here. First you say Pred has daggers and you use dev bow. Then you sight an example as arrypotta who has arcane staff? Make up your mind because you can't compare dev bow to arcane staff. Mythic daggers vs arcane staff is a much fairer comparison. And I can tell you as someone who has an arcane staff and fighting a rogue with mythic daggers, if my lightning don't crit or they get to all of their packs I am dead. And forget about it if they surprise me with my shield down, or its in cool down. Basically I die instantly. But if I surprise them and fire 3 attack skills all at once, they don't die. So since you don't have mythic daggers I don't think you can speak with any authority. Seems like your problem is the gear you are using.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    This is the height of hypocrisy right here. First you say Pred has daggers and you use dev bow. Then you sight an example as arrypotta who has arcane staff? Make up your mind because you can't compare dev bow to arcane staff. Mythic daggers vs arcane staff is a much fairer comparison. And I can tell you as someone who has an arcane staff and fighting a rogue with mythic daggers, if my lightning don't crit or they get to all of their packs I am dead. And forget about it if they surprise me with my shield down, or its in cool down. Basically I die instantly. But if I surprise them and fire 3 attack skills all at once, they don't die. So since you don't have mythic daggers I don't think you can speak with any authority. Seems like your problem is the gear you are using.
    alhunt stated that i had daggers, i clarified that i did not. Are you implying that because I cannot afford daggers, I have no authority or voice on forums? It seems as if you have an arrogant egoistic attitude towards game players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

alhunt stated that i had daggers, i clarified that i did not. Are you implying that because I cannot afford daggers, I have no authority or voice on forums? It seems as if you have an arrogant egoistic attitude towards game players.
    No thats not what I am saying. What I am saying is how can you talk about class balance of a mage with an arcane staff when you don't have mythic daggers? You sight an arcane mage in your example as why you lose 1v1. Dev bow sells for 1k in cs. Arcane staff is a 50+m gold weapon. How is this a fair comparison? Seems like you want to skew everything in a way that makes it sound rogues are so weak. I bet if I started a forum thread about how weak mages are that use dimensional percussion of assault and I can't kill a rogue with mythic daggers. You'd be the first to tell me to buy better gear. Here is something I posted a while ago and seems fitting for this discussion, try to figure out who are you in this:

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

No thats not what I am saying. What I am saying is how can you talk about class balance of a mage with an arcane staff when you don't have mythic daggers? You sight an arcane mage in your example as why you lose 1v1. Dev bow sells for 1k in cs. Arcane staff is a 50+m gold weapon. How is this a fair comparison? Seems like you want to skew everything in a way that makes it sound rogues are so weak. I bet if I started a forum thread about how weak mages are that use dimensional percussion of assault and I can't kill a rogue with mythic daggers. You'd be the first to tell me to buy better gear. Here is something I posted a while ago and seems fitting for this discussion, try to figure out who are you in this:

That picture is hillarious.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Both my sorc accs are full mythic gemmed purely with supergems. 3.3K HP and close to 1100 armor.

Without shield, I've been oneshot countless times, even by non full mythic rogues. I invite you to test again for yourself, because clearly you have no idea about endgame PvP.

1. And we have only one stun ourselves and it needs charging. It'd be extremely OP if you did too with such insane crit/dodge. 40+ on each of those is not rare for full mythic rogue with sammy.

2. You don't need 5k mana when you can oneshot stuff. With 700 mana you can fire all of your skills twice.

3. Your Combat Medic beats Lifegiver every day. Overall we get 50-60% heal while you get 90% without counting the original self-heal when casting it (Trauma Surgeon, mispelled in game as Trama).

4. All of your reload times are half the duration of ours. You don't even need to attack normally with 2 second reloads.

5. You have no right to complain about a mere 10% damage reduction when rogues have stackable:
    -15% armor debuff (Shatter Armor),
    +10 crit buff (Deadly Focus),
    +10% damage buff (Accuracy).

And to top all that, none of those effects requires charging!

We've been through this before, statistically rogues beat sorcs no matter the situation. Period.

Your real problem here is that because of your overpowered attacking skills you have no need for second defensive-type skill. Well excuse me if rogues take 4 more seconds to kill sorcs now.
    I'm sorry Postulate1 but this caption proves your argument wrong IMO.
    Goodluck healing the burn buddy.

Ohhh hold upp...

This one proves it too... and the picture is hilarious xD

Very well put together. Sounds like the end of the story to me.

Peace ~
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Even if u used daggers, I would still be one combos. The health difference between bow and daggers is not 3k or 4k, it is 200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

this has gone from 5 skills to hotkeys to mages having shorter charging times to rogues having skills the can stack buffs to a picture about gear being better than skill

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_is_epicgearz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    this has gone from 5 skills to hotkeys to mages having shorter charging times to rogues having skills the can stack buffs to a picture about gear being better than skill
    In other words, this has gone nowhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero:1439508
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:1439499
    Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1439464
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    @cero what balance are you talking about? When mages and warriors use 5 skills it totally topples the pvp balanxe and only the best geared rogues can beat them -those with 3.8k up and 1.6k+ mana and 400+ dmg

I dont mind yall aying differently, but this? Most rogues always die...thats not balancing, you just want class to be OP when theyre not meant to be in a 1v1. A mage isnt built for 1v1, so they start using 4+ skills to gain unfaor advantages?

Rogues cant do this so why should the other classes.
    IMO, if the classes were balanced in the first place, warriors and sorcerers wouldn't have to be using 5 skills anyways. Why don't we nerf rogues now and y'all just flame me?
    This is the third time im saying this: Yes mages are weaker in a 1v1, but they arent built for single target so they shouldnt be doing 1v1 in the first place, like i said if they want to do 1v1s in a ctf based game then face the concequences. Mages are fine in 5v5s. You arent built for single target, cant have the best of both worlds.

Lol, ok sorc clearly isnt build for 1v1 and most can accept that. And now the class who isnt build for 1v1 manages to kill the class built for OP single damage, you guys come here and complain? What a sore loser.
    I advice you to something other than crying here. The mages and warriors did something outside the box to survive.

And most cases, ive always seen you doing 1v1. So whos promoting what?
    This thread was started before I pvped the mages, so it couldnt have been that I was a sore loser because the post was made when I was still lvl 35 rofl. I didnt have many fights with 4+ skill users, but with those I did, they always had the advantage. Just bcause you use 4+ skills you think were crybabies but infact you dont play rogue so how would you know.. like I said ask a rogue to try pvp with 5 skills and they would die when swiching, were not crying because we cant kill mages - Im fully capable of killing a lot of full mythic staff mages that use 4 skills but when they use 5 or more it is unfair as we cant do the same and therefore its hard to keep health up. Like I said you cant possibly comment on this because you arent in our position.

Sts allows us to switch skills for pve builds, then some smart players exploit this advantage and want to use more skills so they switch out skills in pvp IN MIDFIGHT. Its unfair to those who cant do it dont you understand? Its like the windmill exploit, it made wars OP and other classes wanted it fixed and thats what were doing.

Its ok for you to defend your thesis but yall are stooping so low calling us crybabies, complainers etc when were just defending our beliefs. You guys have an infection which jumps from person to person, calling others crybabies everytime we report an issue. Ironically it seems you guys are crying about rogues being one hitters (in some situations when youre not fully geared vs a fully maxed rogue) and then use 4+ skills and switch them if theyre on CD just to keep your health, damage higher than other classes, so instead of exploiting skills, get some skill yourself. Stop trying to find these cheap shortcuts and play how its meant to be played, using 4 skills at any one time in combat.

Anyways Ill give up on this thread as Im overwhelmed by the ignorance and have to repeat things more than 3 times atleast, hope devs read this, if not we tried to argue our points, if any came out rude - know that we are frustrated and probably didnt mean to be rude and were just emphasising a point.

~Crybabies.
    Hit me up ingame if you have a problem thanks.
    Last edited by Bless; 01-23-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've played this game since its lvl cap was 16. When pvp came out I was pleasantly surprised and stopped playing it thinking that I needed far better gear to compete. It soon became apparent that mages as a pvp class were simply punching bags. If you have shield which all pvp mages do then survivability is not as much the issue as dealing damage and actually gaining a kill in pvp.

The mage as a class is supposed to deal DoT which is what makes them effective mob killers and for that everything from freeze to root is generally what achieves the end result. However because this does not effect bosses or other players in pvp the mage class suddenly finds itself weak. I don't play on a pc and for many like me, 5 skills is not an option. 2 secs of invulnerability may be enough to switch lep but in a situation where you would wan't to use that time to either run or deal damage back before you start taking damage, switching skills is tough in pvp for mobile users. PC users who can program hotkeys on their keyboard definitely have the advantage here.

While I could care less whether any class would switch skills during pvp, it comes down to whether the devs are not doing anything about the mage class pvp ability being under powered because the use of a 5th skill makes the class seem balanced. It is next to impossible for tablet users and other mobile users to be effective in switching skills while being attacked lol. Sure you can load shield and forget about the invulnerability and switch skill then run after your opponent if you are not being attacked. But most experienced with pvp will wait out the shield and just kill in the 15 sec. it take for cool down or will break the shield and kill the mage.

Mages at the extreme end can achieve 25% crit with pet. In most cases its just 17%-21% which means if your going to use lightening there is a 79-83% chance that you will not crit. Even when you do crit there is no guarentee that its the upper level at 1.3k, you might very well crit at 700 dmg. Which means most of the time your dead unless you can use ice and ethyl to slow the rogues from reaching packs and ofcourse against a war. you are dead 100% of the time 1 vs. 1. Rogues can achieve as much as 40 - 48% crit chance to their aimed shot apart from the fact that the skill was proved more effective in causing damage than lightening skill in another post in mage class discussion. This is fine as mages were never meant to do single hit dmg but DoT which somehow escaped the devs idea of the mages strength and capability in pvp to deliver.

The reason why i don't care about other classes being able to use more than 1 skill is because if one more slot is introduced or the devs make it possible to use more skills, mages will be the only class currently being able to use another attack effectively without running out of mana. However in time this may not be an issue as mana pools grow. Also most who use 5 skills have sacrificed their points in other areas whether it is in passives or DoT so it is still balanced. Now once lvl caps increase to lvl 41 thats 6 more points and a lot more people who have maxed passives will suddenly find extra skill points to put into other skills. So what then? As levels increase more skill points will be used and so it would be easier to allow access to more slots.. or increase skill upgradability.

So until sometime towards the end of Feb., we can wait and see what direction the devs will move in concerning the next 2 expansions. Because more skill points means more access to more skills so they either have to become available or if they expect to use hot keys on a keyboard then it makes no sense to celebrate being awarded the best mobile mmo. 2013 if its not first and foremost mobile friendly.

PvP means player vs. player so every class should be able to play whether its one on one or 5 vs. 5. Mages are not support classes as they neither buff up their party or effectively heal anyone other than replenish mana. Warriors are the support class. They take hits from aggro., heal party and can even give speed to the whole party. Mages and Rogues are offensive classes yet somehow mages are sidelined and Warriors have arisen to be able to not only tank, support but also kill effectively while repeatedly applying stuns either from weapon or skill lol. Rogues and Wars can escape movement impairing effects something that mages can't do.
    Last edited by Striderevil; 01-23-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    I've played this game since its lvl cap was 16. When pvp came out I was pleasantly surprised and stopped playing it thinking that I needed far better gear to compete. It soon became apparent that mages as a pvp class were simply punching bags. If you have shield which all pvp mages do then survivability is not as much the issue as dealing damage and actually gaining a kill in pvp.

The mage as a class is supposed to deal DoT which is what makes them effective mob killers and for that everything from freeze to root is generally what achieves the end result. However because this does not effect bosses or other players in pvp the mage class suddenly finds itself weak. I don't play on a pc and for many like me, 5 skills is not an option. 2 secs of invulnerability may be enough to switch lep but in a situation where you would wan't to use that time to either run or deal damage back before you start taking damage, switching skills is tough in pvp for mobile users. PC users who can program hotkeys on their keyboard definitely have the advantage here.

While I could care less whether any class would switch skills during pvp, it comes down to whether the devs are not doing anything about the mage class pvp ability being under powered because the use of a 5th skill makes the class seem balanced. It is next to impossible for tablet users and other mobile users to be effective in switching skills while being attacked lol. Sure you can load shield and forget about the invulnerability and switch skill then run after your opponent if you are not being attacked. But most experienced with pvp will wait out the shield and just kill in the 15 sec. it take for cool down or will break the shield and kill the mage.

Mages at the extreme end can achieve 25% crit with pet. In most cases its just 17%-21% which means if your going to use lightening there is a 79-83% chance that you will not crit. Even when you do crit there is no guarentee that its the upper level at 1.3k, you might very well crit at 700 dmg. Which means most of the time your dead unless you can use ice and ethyl to slow the rogues from reaching packs and ofcourse against a war. you are dead 100% of the time 1 vs. 1. Rogues can achieve as much as 40 - 48% crit chance to their aimed shot apart from the fact that the skill was proved more effective in causing damage than lightening skill in another post in mage class discussion. This is fine as mages were never meant to do single hit dmg but DoT which somehow escaped the devs idea of the mages strength and capability in pvp to deliver.

The reason why i don't care about other classes being able to use more than 1 skill is because if one more slot is introduced or the devs make it possible to use more skills, mages will be the only class currently being able to use another attack effectively without running out of mana. However in time this may not be an issue as mana pools grow. Also most who use 5 skills have sacrificed their points in other areas whether it is in passives or DoT so it is still balanced. Now once lvl caps increase to lvl 41 thats 6 more points and a lot more people who have maxed passives will suddenly find extra skill points to put into other skills. So what then? As levels increase more skill points will be used and so it would be easier to allow access to more slots.. or increase skill upgradability.

So until sometime towards the end of Feb., we can wait and see what direction the devs will move in concerning the next 2 expansions. Because more skill points means more access to more skills so they either have to become available or if they expect to use hot keys on a keyboard then it makes no sense to celebrate being awarded the best mobile mmo. 2013 if its not first and foremost mobile friendly.

PvP means player vs. player so every class should be able to play whether its one on one or 5 vs. 5. Mages are not support classes as they neither buff up their party or effectively heal anyone other than replenish mana. Warriors are the support class. They take hits from aggro., heal party and can even give speed to the whole party. Mages and Rogues are offensive classes yet somehow mages are sidelined and Warriors have arisen to be able to not only tank, support but also kill effectively while repeatedly applying stuns either from weapon or skill lol. Rogues and Wars can escape movement impairing effects something that mages can't do.
    I love this comment, it just made so much sense and I've run out of thanks

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Ok, I never said you had mythic daggers. I said Pred has MUCH the same gear as you not ENTIRELY the same gear as you.

Besides, I picked Pred as an example. Zeus kills warriors, heck Yoggie used to kill them even before she got her daggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Ok so...

1. Its impossible for you to 1 hit a mage? That's ridiculous, just ask Predator.
    2. An aimed-nox-shadow piercer combo will 90% of the time finish a non-shielded sorc (ignore aarcane staffs).
    3. A mage canNOT combo a rogue with fire and lightning. If you think I - or any other mage - can combo you with fb+lightning you need a wake up slap.
    4. So mythics aren't good gear now? Are arcanes the new norm? Great, ive been living under a rock all this season while working towards what I thought the best armor, helm and amulet in the game...
    5. About the glaive easily killing you...maybe you need a revamp in strategy. Predator has much the same gear as you yet can kill most tanks in the game (love ya pred)
    6. Again, let me or any other sorcerer combo u n see if we can hit 3.5k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Ok, I never said you had mythic daggers. I said Pred has MUCH the same gear as you not ENTIRELY the same gear as you.

Besides, I picked Pred as an example. Zeus kills warriors, heck Yoggie used to kill them even before she got her daggers.
    Why did you compare me with a daggers rogue? Zeus can't kill every 6 skill warriors. Yoggie can kill a 6 skill warrior that is geared?

Must be a terrible tank.......... Really. Terrible. Embarrassingly terrible!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

A sorc can crit me to 15%.
    Any rogue can crit me to 0% and that chance is generall faaaarrr higher than a mage crit chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Any rogue can crit me to 0% and that chance is generall faaaarrr higher than a mage crit chance.
    This is completely untrue , unless your using architect gear or you are just terrible. I'd love to see a rogue one shot you. (If your actually any good)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    This thread was started before I pvped the mages, so it couldnt have been that I was a sore loser because the post was made when I was still lvl 35 rofl. I didnt have many fights with 4+ skill users, but with those I did, they always had the advantage. Just bcause you use 4+ skills you think were crybabies but infact you dont play rogue so how would you know.. like I said ask a rogue to try pvp with 5 skills and they would die when swiching, were not crying because we cant kill mages - Im fully capable of killing a lot of full mythic staff mages that use 4 skills but when they use 5 or more it is unfair as we cant do the same and therefore its hard to keep health up. Like I said you cant possibly comment on this because you arent in our position.

Sts allows us to switch skills for pve builds, then some smart players exploit this advantage and want to use more skills so they switch out skills in pvp IN MIDFIGHT. Its unfair to those who cant do it dont you understand? Its like the windmill exploit, it made wars OP and other classes wanted it fixed and thats what were doing.

Its ok for you to defend your thesis but yall are stooping so low calling us crybabies, complainers etc when were just defending our beliefs. You guys have an infection which jumps from person to person, calling others crybabies everytime we report an issue. Ironically it seems you guys are crying about rogues being one hitters (in some situations when youre not fully geared vs a fully maxed rogue) and then use 4+ skills and switch them if theyre on CD just to keep your health, damage higher than other classes, so instead of exploiting skills, get some skill yourself. Stop trying to find these cheap shortcuts and play how its meant to be played, using 4 skills at any one time in combat.

Anyways Ill give up on this thread as Im overwhelmed by the ignorance and have to repeat things more than 3 times atleast, hope devs read this, if not we tried to argue our points, if any came out rude - know that we are frustrated and probably didnt mean to be rude and were just emphasising a point.

~Crybabies.
    Hit me up ingame if you have a problem thanks.
    In summary, you hit lvl36 and died from 5skill user then come here to post.
    Crybabies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    In summary, you hit lvl36 and died from 5skill user then come here to post.
    Crybabies.
    My 10 year old sister can observe better than you man...cmon..I commented on and supported this thread before I was even 36 and fought these mages.
    It's not being a crybaby to report an issue, this is exactly like windmill bug. Warriors said: "its just a spec, if u want to then make a warrior and own" and mages said "warrior class has an unfair advantage".

If you use 5 skills then you don't have much skill because you obviously cannot fight with 4 skills and win. Or atleast stay away from 1v1s of your class doesn't do well in them.

Hit me up ingame or play me if you have a problem
    Last edited by Bless; 01-25-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Credits to Iady