Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    Guys whats the point of actually having 5 skills or more wen people are gonna do the same as they are doing now...switching skills? If they introduce 5 skills..it will only make it easier to switch skills...and it will only take lesser time to switch because before you had to switch 2 skills to win..now probably 1...STS do something about the skill switching first ...then it should be nice to have more skill spots.
    Endkey is right... the game wasn't designed for peeps to switch out skills during battle... that much is obvious. I don't think pet switching to have unlimited arcane ability was part of the design either.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I hope they fix it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

How bout we have a 5th skill that needs arcane energy to use like a skill meter when its full u can use a powerfull arcane based attack sounds cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

One thing I really did enjoy in PL is the mega combo feature, when timed right and contributed by all 3 classes. Epitome of good teamwork. Was hoping this could be applied in AL as well.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    Guys whats the point of actually having 5 skills or more
    For me, the point is I don't PVP. And it will make my PVE life much more fun

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I'd rather they keep the same basic skills (and 4 skill rotation) but instead add more enhancements to each that would give us the option to be more versatile.

Adding a 5th Skill would make the game way too easy and eventually boring.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Multi class Combo skills in pve map would enhance pve damage/defense, while at the same time don't make a skill too OP for PVP.

Waiting for my tm sig
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think we should have different offsets or branches of our current character... take a mage he can evolve into some one who uses the elements fire water earth air or he can become someone who deals with the dead like taking control of a dead enemy to fight with us or summoning a group of dead dogs. What about a mage that uses alchemist. .. or even a person that buffs players and can raise you from the dead instead of starting in the very beginning again. Then you can make it possible for people to lose xp when they die and not revive by someone.. There is all kinds of things you can do with characters. ... I have some many ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?
    I agree about the mana cripple zeus. I use my skills constantly and it takes so many pots to keep my mana pool full. I think I have around 1100 or 1200 mana on my lvl 24 rouge and it goes sooo fast. STS should definitely consider the mana costs. And the 5th slot is genious. We think alike. I think they should also add a power skill. A choice of like 3 that is ultra powerful (Not counting the 5th slot, maybe it's own button like the pets). But also they should add a couple more dagger skills cause the one gets boring after awhile. And maybe even a frost shot. Or a quick shot (where it shoots 3 or 4 in a row real fast).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Adding a 5th Skill would make the game way too easy and eventually boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I hope you both realize that if they add a 5th skill, then they will have to make the PvE maps proportionately more difficult to make up for that extra skill that everyone has. Otherwise the maps would become too easy and prices of elite items would come crashing down to the point that nobody would want to farm anymore. (I say this as if this phenomenon has not already happened LOL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    ... they will have to make the PvE maps proportionately more difficult to make up for that ....
    Oh I really hope so!!! Make it so skill and strategy are actually required to make it through the maps, not just OP gear.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kayle.barton kayle.barton View Post
    I agree about the mana cripple zeus. I use my skills constantly and it takes so many pots to keep my mana pool full. I think I have around 1100 or 1200 mana on my lvl 24 rouge and it goes sooo fast. STS should definitely consider the mana costs. And the 5th slot is genious. We think alike. I think they should also add a power skill. A choice of like 3 that is ultra powerful (Not counting the 5th slot, maybe it's own button like the pets). But also they should add a couple more dagger skills cause the one gets boring after awhile. And maybe even a frost shot. Or a quick shot (where it shoots 3 or 4 in a row real fast).
    While I don't like the idea of a 5th slot for our current skills I do like the thought of a Single "Power Skill" that is on a different level than our current skills. If STS could add legitimate pros/cons to 3 skills for each class this could diversify the classes nicely. The drawback would be to have 1 skill that trumps the rest, especially in pvp. If that were the case we are back to all being the same again as everyone will have the same Power Skill.

Currently every class seems to have at least one h2h skill. For Rouges it is Aimed Shot, I don't know a single Rouge that doesn't have AS. I wish the skills were more balanced and thought provoking. Right now there is no "con" for Aimed Shot... One the other had there are some skills that are very rarely used, don't know if I know of any Rouges using Shadow Storm Shot...

I don't really know what the skills would look like but for a Rouge they might be "Super Crit", "Super Dodge", or "Super Speed". Each would add significantly to one stat. A Super Crit rouge could crit with ease but a Super Dodge could make it hard to hit, somewhat negating Super Crit... Super Speed would have to be something that increased a characters max speed. Current speed boost is maxed at 25%, maybe Super Speed increases that max to 35%.

Might be stupid ideas just throwing darts to see where they will land...

-Thrindal <Immaculate>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Oh I really hope so!!! Make it so skill and strategy are actually required to make it through the maps, not just OP gear.
    Yeah, we've talked about this before in the forum. In PL there were some very interesting bosses where special strategy was required. Some of the bosses in the Alien Oasis 3 and Sewers expansions come to mind. It didn't matter how good your gear was, you needed to know the special strategy to beat the boss, and it took a few tries to figure it out. It seems like they tried to do that here with a couple of the bosses in the shuyal expansion, but the strategies were far too easy to figure out and did not really take much skill. I'd like to see them take that sort of idea and run with it a bit more. I'd like to see bosses that aren't necessarily hard to beat, but require the right combination of all 3 classes to each play their important parts and also to know what to do to expose the weakness of the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    lol i wrote my comment as a whole...it gives meaning as a whole...taking an incomplete sentence dsnt make any sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, np... but pls release update asap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

1. Cross-class combos would be awesome, as mentioned above. So much more exciting than plain skill spam. Hopefully we'll see it some day.

2. Didn't anyone notice what's wrong with the picture on the first post?? I mean, the hand should have been vertically flipped to be correct, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46818455.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	65569
    Took a minute to fix it (minute, really): 'ere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    1. Cross-class combos would be awesome, as mentioned above. So much more exciting than plain skill spam. Hopefully we'll see it some day.

2. Didn't anyone notice what's wrong with the picture on the first post?? I mean, the hand should have been vertically flipped to be correct, right?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46818455.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	65569
    Took a minute to fix it (minute, really): 'ere.
    I thought is was cool that hand was flipped omni... maybe ami is slipping some secret info in the picture... on a real note though... the idea of party combos is a great one! This could lead to new boss weaknesses o.O
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, when it would be? (too excited)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default High Lvl Stats Isn't Accurate

I have been playing Arcane Legends since the first season in 2012 and I have notice that high level player stats is do not reflect correctly. For example I have two warriors characters, one is lvl 36 and the other is lvl 15. Lvl 36 has 256 dps (Maul sword) and lvl 15 has 70 dps (Lightning sword). However, lvl 15 has faster swing (power gauge reach max) than lvl 36. Doesn't make sense since lvl 36 dps is almost 4x higher. This has been a long time problem with any characters. I remember a time when lvl cap was 16 and as a rogue, I was using Agile Lifethief Potency (dps 199) best blades at the time. It was incredible, I cutting up elite bosses like paper. But now that I am lvl 36 rogue with 650 dps, it seems slower (reaching max power gauge) and does less dmg with elite bosses than I was lvl 16 during lvl 16 cap. Arcane Legends is making higher lvl player weaker and shows no difference in speed or dmg but only in stats. Granted that high lvl players seems strong when player in much lower lvl map. And what is going on with Kraken Island???? As lvl 36 player, I have a harder time killing minions than Shuyal. Again no consistency and it's irritating....

Now comes lvl 41 cap. How much more inaccurate will the stats be??????? Can I finally solo farm in Bloodhammer???...doubtful.
    Last edited by pcharming; 03-06-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Why are we guessing so deep? Just stop letting your imagination go wild, for all we know they could put something completely alien, wait for more info?

I don't want to sound like buzz killington but I see some absurd ideas o.O

So Sam, new info pls?
    Credits to Iady