Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

5 slot skills means mage will became the king in mid-end game level PvP. It will be really hard to win in 1 vs 1 if mage have curse, 2 other attacking skil, shield and heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yeah wait a minute here... we cant let the mages be op!!!

Hey wait... wasnt this supposed to be the mages season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Totally agree with this.

I would love to see elite kills (or elite runs completed) count for something, whether it is another leaderboard, guild ranks, or whatever. The game is currently weighted heavily to pvp, which a lot of players are not geared enough (or as things currently are, drama-tolerant enough) to participate in.
    Totally agree!! I'd love to see elites and elite pve kills count for more APs... ones that are difficult to get and make elites worth running. This is the part of the game that I enjoy most and I'd love the see it play a bigger part all the way through the next expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalisi View Post
    Totally agree!! I'd love to see elites and elite pve kills count for more APs... ones that are difficult to get and make elites worth running. This is the part of the game that I enjoy most and I'd love the see it play a bigger part all the way through the next expansion
    How about making elite kills count for more XP. It would be much more fun to be leveling up while doing elite dungeons rather than having to level up in the boring tombs.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    5 slot skills means mage will became the king in mid-end game level PvP. It will be really hard to win in 1 vs 1 if mage have curse, 2 other attacking skil, shield and heal
    Or add something for rogues and warriors.

Rogues and warriors have had their fun this cap, warriors absolute cream everything with their op as dmg+HEALTH!! And armour, they simply don't die. Rogues on the other hand own mages also, you have a slight chance to win unless your a full mythic

If mages where to be op, lets us be op like the devs let warriors and rogues be op -_-
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

i think rouges need a skill that will reduce incoming damge, but not as potent as a mages shield or tank vb or maybe a skill that will allow them a way to heal some mana while fighting(maybe a seperate mana pack or a upgrade to hp with heal mana over time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

rogues need mana packs in an upgrade for heals I swear especially for pve, I swear you click one skill one mana pot gone, 50 mana pots later every one skill click you just killed two mobs well done... Rogues suck unless you have loads of gold to buy loads of pots, then its fun, other whys its crap class to use if starting
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Having a 5 skills slot is so impossible, so even twinks can have 5 skills too? That will be more op and laggy, since rogue has only 4 pvp skills can be use. Its unfair to us, war can use 5 skills and mage aswell, so i dnt recommend having 5 skills slot.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Hmmm we will see... That is true though lova.. Mages and warriors would have a huge advantage,e specially mages, a lot of mana+ being able to use that one extra valuable pvp skill... Hmm
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Guys, this was a nice discussion about adding a 5th skill, but all that will do is throw off the balance between classes and it will take another couple of seasons to get it right again. At this point we are pretty close to being well balanced. I think warriors had a slight advantage this past season due to the capabilities of the mythic glaive. But I think as far as skills go, we are pretty close to evenly balanced. Add a 5th skill, and suddenly everything gets unbalanced again. No matter what new stuff is introduced, it always affects balance, and it seems to take STS months to get it balanced again. It takes lots of trial and error. Do we really want to go through that all again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Guys, this was a nice discussion about adding a 5th skill, but all that will do is throw off the balance between classes and it will take another couple of seasons to get it right again. At this point we are pretty close to being well balanced. I think warriors had a slight advantage this past season due to the capabilities of the mythic glaive. But I think as far as skills go, we are pretty close to evenly balanced. Add a 5th skill, and suddenly everything gets unbalanced again. No matter what new stuff is introduced, it always affects balance, and it seems to take STS months to get it balanced again. It takes lots of trial and error. Do we really want to go through that all again?
    I don't agree that things are balanced. Warriors are almost immortal. Mythic rogues can one shot an arcane mage when shield is down. Or drop arcane shield with like 2 aimed shots. Sorry but it's a fantasy that things are balanced. People are already using five skills to balance the current imbalance. So allowing five skills would make it balanced. If things were balance people wouldn't need to restore to using five skills. Having five skills opens up to more diverse builds in PvP and pve.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Arcane Ability or bust.

Require the 5 points after 36 to be placed into new arcane skills.

Problem solved until next expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I don't agree that things are balanced. Warriors are almost immortal. Mythic rogues can one shot an arcane mage when shield is down. Or drop arcane shield with like 2 aimed shots. Sorry but it's a fantasy that things are balanced. People are already using five skills to balance the current imbalance. So allowing five skills would make it balanced. If things were balance people wouldn't need to restore to using five skills. Having five skills opens up to more diverse builds in PvP and pve.
    Lol. Arcane mage can kill a rogue fast, and mage is hard to kill specially with curse. And rogue has only 4 skills best for use to pvp. And has a few mana. And i dont think theres imbalanced between mge and rogue right now. Those both classes is struggling against warriors. So i think warrior shouldbe nerfed. And as you saying if warrior has 5 skills they will be more immortal as they can go for 6 skills. So. I dnt agree with 5 skills slot.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

If you wanna say mages beat rogues of course, arcane Mage is great, but not everyone has 40mil gold and has the best gear. Which is totally not fair.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlovableaze View Post
    Lol. Arcane mage can kill a rogue fast, and mage is hard to kill specially with curse. And rogue has only 4 skills best for use to pvp. And has a few mana. And i dont think theres imbalanced between mge and rogue right now. Those both classes is struggling against warriors. So i think warrior shouldbe nerfed. And as you saying if warrior has 5 skills they will be more immortal as they can go for 6 skills. So. I dnt agree with 5 skills slot.
    You proved my point. You don't see rogues complaining about lightning like mages complain about aimed shot. Only thing rogues complain about is curse. Because its reflecting your own damage against you. Doesn't matter if you have arcane staff or an epic staff. Its the same amount of damage reflected regardless. PvP should be more then just hoping someone will kill themselves because they don't know how to get around curse.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?
    Support

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

You proved my point. You don't see rogues complaining about lightning like mages complain about aimed shot. Only thing rogues complain about is curse. Because its reflecting your own damage against you. Doesn't matter if you have arcane staff or an epic staff. Its the same amount of damage reflected regardless. PvP should be more then just hoping someone will kill themselves because they don't know how to get around curse.
    Well yeah doesn't it matter since if you have an arcane staff=more health. Meaning the more health you have the more better curse works for you? You need more health then the rogue if you want curse to succeed? Or just more dmg dealin while curse is dealing his own dmg
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't know how to respond to this. I'm pretty sure you have an arcane staff. I'm using the same exact gear as I used last season (all level 30/31 mythic). And with that old gear, I average around 2 kills for every one death. Surely I am not so talented as to be better than everyone else at pressing the touch screen buttons on my phone. Give me that arcane staff and I'm pretty sure I would have 5 kills for every death.

And no, I don't use 5 skills, I have just 4. Sometimes I spec 5 skills, but I never switch in middle of battle -- I'm just not quick enough for that as I'd be dead long before I got back to the main screen. Usually if I spec 5 skills, it's a PvP/PvE switch. As for warriors, the only ones I usually have trouble with are those with the glaive or bonesaw. Even the maul warriors are not so impossible.

And BTW, don't judge me on my KDR if you have seen me recently in CTF..... I've been running around the past 2-3 weeks with a half STR/half INT flag running build with very low damage and mostly defensive skills. So yes, with this pathetic build I die more often than I get kills, but I get lots of flags which was the point.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

falmear there are very few mythic rouges and none without the daggers who can hope to drop a arcane mage with shield down in 1 aimed shot. Arcane mages have abt 3700 health... And arcane mages can easily finish a mythic rouge before they have a chance to use their health packs. Not to mention that when their health is down they almost get a second life with heal. All in all, mythic rouges are constantly farmed by arcane mages there is a good reason behind that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Well yeah doesn't it matter since if you have an arcane staff=more health. Meaning the more health you have the more better curse works for you? You need more health then the rogue if you want curse to succeed? Or just more dmg dealin while curse is dealing his own dmg
    Arcane mage has 3.8k health. Rogue with mythic daggers has 3.7k health. So no real difference. The only thing that makes the fight even close to fair is that we have 2 seconds of invulnerability plus stuns. This is our only defense and they know it which is why they cry about it most. This buys us about 5 seconds not including panic/terrify. Everything after that swings to the rogues favor. If they catch you with your shield down then just forget about it.