Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Developing Story: Arcane Shards Discovered in Mount Rockhorn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Umm, maybe that made sense in your head but there's no connect between the two. It's actually not even a metaphor.

The correct metaphor would be "If you get depressed doing something in particular, don't do that particular activity!"

So, his logic is solid, but yours is flaccid. xD
    Actually I saw the logic behind it. "If you get depressed by society or world (doing particular thing), then get away from them (don't do that thing), while suicide is the 'fastest' way to accomplish it". No wonder so many people kill themselves every year. (It is not right!)

Every citizen has the right to protest, that's why you can see lots of protestor parade against certain company, treatment or even government. Just don't forget our rights which girt by the constitution.

It is so funny to see so many players cater to the company for their heavy platinum depended strategy.
    Last edited by csyui; 03-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    Actually I saw the logic behind it. "If you get depressed by society or world (doing particular thing), then get away from them (don't do that thing), while suicide is the 'fastest' way to accomplish it". No wonder so many people kill themselves every year. (It is not right!)

Every citizen has the right to protest, that's why you can see lots of protestor parade against certain company, treatment or even government. Just don't forget our rights which girt by the constitution.
    How is that logic when he pushed to the extremes? Attempted hyperbolic metaphor? Also, suicide is not the fastest way to accomplish it - at least not in terms of this metaphor. If he doesn't like the game, which is an instrument used to relax a person's mind, he can turn to another game - not kill himself!

If somebody gets depressed, cut out what is causing the depression. Usually, suicide is the last resort opinion, not the "quickest". If you'd like, I can get multitudes of articles of why suicide happens. It's not because it's the fastest method but because it's the only "easy" method remaining (in their mind) to alleviate depression.

Regardless, his logic was flaccid. O_O
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lastly,

I noticed that you edited your post.

So, in regards to the last point, here are the reasons people cater:

1. It's a psychological reason to justify their own costs of spending platinum.
    2. It truly is free. If you don't believe me, take a look at <The Collective>. A lot of their officers have made money not by opening crates but by farming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Lastly,

2. It truly is free. If you don't believe me, take a look at <The Collective>. A lot of their officers have made money not by opening crates but by farming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    You dont like sts, dont play their games then
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    It's like saying, everytime you get depressed, commit suicide.
    I don't want argue with that. Don't you see TheMiraclebird was mocking Impact for his or her negativeness? And he use Hyperbole on his comment.
    My suggestion, go take rhetoric course again at your college.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I don't want argue with that. Don't you see TheMiraclebird was mocking Impact for his or her negativeness? And he use Hyperbole on his comment.
    I understood he was mocking. "Daaaaaaaat Logic Doe" is mocking, obviously. Then he further attempted to mock with failed logic on his part which is what I pointed out.

My comprehension and rhetoric is just fine, thank you.

Do me a favor: Try to lay off of fallacious jabs, ya?

PS: To further show his flawed logic: "Every time you get depressed, commit suicide". Newsflash! Unless we're referring to a game, real life only gives you one life. You can't commit suicide multiple times.

Thanks for the debate, but I don't think there's much else you can defend.
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-08-2014 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Removed something that I thought could be misinterpreted as a personal attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Omg, I thought, we are discussing arcane shards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoloToha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Omg, I thought, we are discussing arcane shards
    Haha! Illogic is one of my pet peeves though.

Personally, I am happy if someone points out my failed logic (even if I may argue with them initially). Why? It allows for better thinking. However, I guess all do not feel that way.

Nevertheless, I digress. <- That rhymed!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

It is so funny to see so many players cater to the company for their heavy platinum depended strategy.
    How is that logic when he pushed to the extremes? Attempted hyperbolic metaphor? Also, suicide is not the fastest way to accomplish it - at least not in terms of this metaphor. If he doesn't like the game, which is an instrument used to relax a person's mind, he can turn to another game - not kill himself!

If somebody gets depressed, cut out what is causing the depression. Usually, suicide is the last resort opinion, not the "quickest". If you'd like, I can get multitudes of articles of why suicide happens. It's not because it's the fastest method but because it's the only "easy" method remaining (in their mind) to alleviate depression.

Regardless, his logic was flaccid. O_O
    Lastly,

I understood he was mocking. "Daaaaaaaat Logic Doe" is mocking, obviously. Then he further attempted to mock with failed logic on his part which is what I pointed out.

My comprehension and rhetoric is just fine, thank you.

Do me a favor: Try to lay off of fallacious jabs, ya? It only shows your flawed thinking.

PS: To further show his flawed logic: "Everytime you get depressed, commit suicide". Newsflash! Unless we're referring to a game, real life only gives you one life. You can't commit suicide multiple times.

Thanks for the debate, but I don't think there's much else you can defend.
    I didnt understood a single word u guys said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should put now arcane helms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the only way to resolve this disagreement is to have an actual demonstration of the metaphor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Changing the subject, what do you think you will be able to craft the Arcane Hooks for lvl cap?
    And who do so, how can we imagine that, they are then brought to lvl 41 or just improved?
    _Qrush_Sorcer lvl 36_ / _Zrush_Rogue lvl 26_ / _Xxcrushxx_Warrior lvl 21_

_PvP-Beauftragter_von den Helden von Heute_

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I think improved, because designing an arcane item is kinda hard that they must make it look OP and unique There are still bow, sword/shield or 2h sword, and gun to design

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I would be glad if sts could take this position.
    _Qrush_Sorcer lvl 36_ / _Zrush_Rogue lvl 26_ / _Xxcrushxx_Warrior lvl 21_

_PvP-Beauftragter_von den Helden von Heute_

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

So someone fill me in on this, the arcane shards can be used to upgrade arcane items so they can be extra op?
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi
    this is first time i m posting something but reading all from a long time.....its a old battle between plate players and non plate players..
    well i m a non plate player with very less gold hardly few thousand in pocket but all mythic and love to farm for my guildies...i find it more challenging to farm and get gold to help my guild mates rather than getting it easily by opening locks....and everytime expansion come game look new and fresh for first few days but as u complete the new area in normal and elite mode and got all loot it become boring so to keep it exciting and playable i just farm and give gold or eggs to others....isent it fun....just my point of view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

getting it easily by opening locks
    try opening locks for its' "easiness" pls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

lol you guys always ready to argue and do mouth war......buddy just trying to say i don't use plate and even then i m all mythic and most eggs except few which cost millions....just by farming..so its useless to blame that its all goes around plate.....anyone can enjoy anything in this game without using any real money...it maybe a bit tough or time consuming....but is not that what make it more exciting and give longevity to this game....

if someone ready to pay money they have option to get thing easier and if ur not still this game give u chance to get all.....plate users r one who r giving bread and butter to production house they r VIP but still giving chance to non plate users..so i don't find anything to complain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think the only way to resolve this disagreement is to have an actual demonstration of the metaphor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 8.57.21 AM.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	66077

Hehe

The family tree goes -> Analogy & then branches out to the different types of analogies: metaphor, allegory, hyperbole, etc. I think what you could equate Bless's example to is a combination of a hyperbole and a metaphor.
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-08-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Arcane shards, Arcane shards everywhere....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	happy.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	66094

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nehul Tyagi View Post
    lol you guys always ready to argue and do mouth war......buddy just trying to say i don't use plate and even then i m all mythic and most eggs except few which cost millions....just by farming..so its useless to blame that its all goes around plate.....anyone can enjoy anything in this game without using any real money...it maybe a bit tough or time consuming....but is not that what make it more exciting and give longevity to this game....

if someone ready to pay money they have option to get thing easier and if ur not still this game give u chance to get all.....plate users r one who r giving bread and butter to production house they r VIP but still giving chance to non plate users..so i don't find anything to complain
    Im sorry I misunderstood you last night i was very tired and only read through comments quickly and thought you were whining about the new arcane shard like many who did in this thread. Hope you dont mind