Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Elite Difficulty in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

I challenge the devs to make a map which Goodsyntax/Kalizzaa cannot solo.. or has trouble doing a solo

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    I challenge the devs to make a map which Goodsyntax/Kalizzaa cannot solo.. or has trouble doing a solo

Oh wow XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I hate to sound elitist, but the majority simply have no idea what they want. What they want is an illusion that cannot exist. They want easy dungeons with expensive loot that they can sell for millions. Having that combination is impossible. If STS were to listen to the majority for all decision they make, the game would soon be destroyed and the game economy would look like that of Zimbabwe.

I think much of the problem is that many of the players are kids and they have yet to live their lives in the real world. One day they will grow up and learn that some people drive Toyotas and Hondas, and other people drive Ferraris and Bentleys, and the fact that Ferraris and Bentleys exist is not detrimental to those who cannot afford the drive them. If anything, the fact that they exist can work as motivation of those who cannot afford them.

The same lessons of real life also work well in games like this. Our minds think alike whether we are living our lives or playing a video game.
    This is just true and well-said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I ran elites last week with the exact same team first using mythics, then again with legendary gear. Guess what? We had no more deaths, and run times were identical. In fact, the mobs seemed to hit lighter and have lower hp in legendary gear. This was the same as the results found in 6 weeks of testing on various other maps.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

The maps aren't that difficult...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    I just checked the dragonbone staff and what surprises me is that a weapon bought for 125 dragkin teeth gives 40 less damage than a cheap gun found easily in crate ~.~ And the magmatic totems are not that good too, the proc may seem good but still it has less damage than the gun mentioned above (30 for potency, about 15 for brutality), it isnt like last season that the staff had as much damage as the gun with higher dps ...
    Yes, the sorcerer weapons also need some buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    Magmatic blades damage are on par with that of level 36 Razorbacks, albeit sacrificing hp and mana. Maybe that's why
    The magmatic blades of brutality without gems got more damage than the lvl36 mythic daggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post

Elite Rockhorn Summit.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

now magma set of warrior gives high armour then lvl36 mythic set.
    bt i was expecting increase in main stat too along with armour. as it is elite set it should hav around 46-48 str. not 44str as it hav same main stat then crate gear.
    about draginscale. these r useless gears as it give very poor main stats to war.

dragonscale of brutality gives 16str and 46int. lol. what is the use of it?
    imo dragonscale should hav 44-46 as main stat as it is second best pink gear.

so it should be like this:
    tier 1: lvl36 mythic has 48 has main stat. bt 3 gemslot

tier 2: lvl41 magma set having 46-48 main stat

tier 3: lvl41 dragonscale set having 44-46main stat

tier 4: crate pinks that has 44main stat.

plz correct those stats of dragonscale sets :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Representatives of the Community should not be taking elitist views on anything. If players do not understand what they want, then ask them what they want and how to achieve it, don't tell them that they are not good enough to run a certain maps. Teach them what are the places to farm for their appropriate level and how to make the gold so that one day, they can actually afford to buy the expensive merchandise we all covet and hope to sell.

The most challenging maps will always drop the most expensive loot. But the challenge should not be how fast a player can hit the plat revive, or the need to hit a revenge revive if a team has chosen to skip over certain mobs.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusblade View Post
    Oh wow XD

OMG, OP Bananas! That's it, I quit!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I for that no lvl up to 41 XD

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    now magma set of warrior gives high armour then lvl36 mythic set.
    bt i was expecting increase in main stat too along with armour. as it is elite set it should hav around 46-48 str. not 44str as it hav same main stat then crate gear.
    about draginscale. these r useless gears as it give very poor main stats to war.

dragonscale of brutality gives 16str and 46int. lol. what is the use of it?
    imo dragonscale should hav 44-46 as main stat as it is second best pink gear.

so it should be like this:
    tier 1: lvl36 mythic has 48 has main stat. bt 3 gemslot

tier 2: lvl41 magma set having 46-48 main stat

tier 3: lvl41 dragonscale set having 44-46main stat

tier 4: crate pinks that has 44main stat.

plz correct those stats of dragonscale sets :3
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=itemization

Ultimately this is an intended design to change how we are handling itemization moving forward in Arcane Legends. While you are correct under the assumptions of the previous itemization structure, it does not in the new one.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I just checked the dragonbone staff and what surprises me is that a weapon bought for 125 dragkin teeth gives 40 less damage than a cheap gun found easily in crate ~.~ And the magmatic totems are not that good too, the proc may seem good but still it has less damage than the gun mentioned above (30 for potency, about 15 for brutality), it isnt like last season that the staff had as much damage as the gun with higher dps ...
    Staves and Guns serve different purposes in Arcane Legends. Staves tend to be faster DPS, close quarter, and AOE even for basic attacks, compared to Guns which are designed to hit harder, but do single target damage at range.

You're not incorrect in your assessment, however the comparison between guns and staves is apples to oranges in that they serve different purposes. I wouldn't underestimate the heal proc of the Dragon's Breath Wand when it goes off on multiple mobs during a basic attack . Different players have different play styles, we try our best to accommodate this.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=itemization

Ultimately this is an intended design to change how we are handling itemization moving forward in Arcane Legends. While you are correct under the assumptions of the previous itemization structure, it does not in the new one.
    thanx for reminding. i actually forgot tht itemization part :3
    plz forgive me

18. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Elite Rockhorn Summit.
    Wait for it.. wait for it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Just use whatever has the highest damage. Generally speaking its more advantageous to use a gun. First off, you need to be in close range to use a staff. Closer then you would need to use a gun. Staying alive as a mage is entirely dependent on not being hit. So if you sit so far back where your staff is not hitting anything its giving zero damage despite the higher DPS. Also a staff will tend to attract more aggro because it hits multiple targets. Comparing magma staff and expedition rifle, they have the same STR. So there is no advantages to using the magma staff when considering health. Because you have the same survivability. If a staff gives higher damage then use a staff like mythic or arcane staff. Also its better to spend your teeth buying dragonite bar to sell. Then you can save to buy the next mythic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

well isn't PvP should be the hardest challenge in this game?
    i though the game formula was made like this: farming normal maps to get gears for doing elites, farming elites to get gears for doing pvp

i won't comment much on elite tindr difficulty since it is new ones, with great loot, a ferrari which not everyone can afford, but i can't resist to complaint about scaled up old elite maps... it is scaled up too much, especially elite nordr. before the expansion this map is still doable without too much stress, with random people, and with 2nd rate legendary pinks + epics (bought in total less than 10k) but now, with a complete pink from crate (stats are better than legendary farmed in normal maps), minus crates' amulets and rings, these old maps have become too stressful

come on, it's old maps... why the difficulties?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

The current Nordr elites ARE a pain to do right now. I don't even see the point of havin them scaled since everyone buys the current top pinks rather than last season's, save for the entom hammer which rolled in at a couple of mill when they were first released this season. I helped guildies get their Elite Inan and Elite Grimnr AP this week, and looted both Architect and Noble Plate of SECURITY. My luck enabled me to get pinks, just not the best kinds. I can't even give them away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    The current Nordr elites ARE a pain to do right now. I don't even see the point of havin them scaled since everyone buys the current top pinks rather than last season's, save for the entom hammer which rolled in at a couple of mill when they were first released this season. I helped guildies get their Elite Inan and Elite Grimnr AP this week, and looted both Architect and Noble Plate of SECURITY. My luck enabled me to get pinks, just not the best kinds. I can't even give them away

They're pretty easy if you have the right party setup. I ran with 2 rogues and myself. No tank. 3 Man parties scale better. Took us between 7-8 mins. Closer to 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Yeah I guess running with newbies and having forgotten most of the pulls makes it worse. But they still are a pain, compared to when I ran them last season haha. Oh and take into account pt members who need the AP but press respawn even if they die when boss is below 25% HP.