Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Elite Difficulty in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    I challenge the devs to make a map which Goodsyntax/Kalizzaa cannot solo.. or has trouble doing a solo

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Haha, our guildmate always has a way!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

There will be a damage nerf for Elite Shuyal bosses, however Nordr was not "scaled" in the normal sense, so the potency of the bosses and mobs there needs more investigation.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Haha, our guildmate always has a way!
    It took a few plat for revives, but just saying...

Name:  Rendtail.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  374.2 KB

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    There will be a damage nerf for Elite Shuyal bosses, however Nordr was not "scaled" in the normal sense, so the potency of the bosses and mobs there needs more investigation.
    Thanks for this, as these maps (except for Oltgar) are mostly ran for APs and timed runs and not for loot anyway I personally think the mobs are a pain, and the bosses are too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    It took a few plat for revives, but just saying...

Holy mother of dragons! Will be waiting for your in-depth guide on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Elite Rockhorn Summit.

Sorry Ebe, Kali is just OP even for Rendtail!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I will say that I think I may have found a "glitch" when facing Rendtail....I'll need to make a few more runs, but let me put it this way - I didn't take any damage from Rendtail at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I will say that I think I may have found a "glitch" when facing Rendtail....I'll need to make a few more runs, but let me put it this way - I didn't take any damage from Rendtail at all.
    Wow really? Did you stay out of his attack range that he cant reach you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    Wow really? Did you stay out of his attack range that he cant reach you?
    Nope...I discovered a...glitch/feature/strategy/whatever you want to call it.

Did three more runs in party and I can certify that it wasn't a one-time thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Nope...I discovered a...glitch/feature/strategy/whatever you want to call it.

Did three more runs in party and I can certify that it wasn't a one-time thing.
    Don't tell it out loud! PM me, I'll return for the loot after exams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

wow kali.
    and u looted a magma helm for war.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    I challenge the devs to make a map which Goodsyntax/Kalizzaa cannot solo.. or has trouble doing a solo
    Crack the egg on solo elite? o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Not a map technically. But I think Kali will take up this challenge just for fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I tried several times. I can kill both mini bosses and get the egg down to around 40-50%, but I just don't think it's possible. Perhaps if I had combo elixir, and spammed Revenge when the mini bosses kill me, I may be able to pull it off. But, I'm not going to be burning up that much plat since I don't consider the egg AP something that could or should be soloed. Cracking the Egg is probably the only AP which requires the strategic cooperation of a party and I wish there were more challenges like that in this game.

In a full group with three DPS and a tank, this AP isn't even all that difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thank you for making tweaks to the game. I think the tweaks are very necessary for the enjoyment factor of the game.

I've been running the new elite maps almost daily since they opened, and I've been finding them extremely frustrating. Each map is incredibly potion intensive (as a rogue) and deaths are costly (either time-wise or platinum-wise) because the map distance is so long. The rewards are few and far between -- no dragkin teeth and no pink drops.

I've been noticing changes in my guild in terms of decreased participation. Players are frustrated and not having as much fun in the game anymore so they are not signing in. I feel that way myself -- a common mantra within our guild chat has been "Game Sucks".

I really liked the Shuyal expansion because I could complete an Elite map under 10 minutes. It felt like an accomplishment. I could get a party together and do a rotation of 5-6 maps in an hour and we had bonding time. Because those maps weren't as potion or platinum intensive, players didn't feel horrible if the elite runs came up dry.

I know that one player argued that if Elite runs were easy, then drops would be worth less. Actually I was quite happy with the Shuyal expansion and getting legendary drops that I was able to sell for 100-400k. Honestly I think people selling Magma gear for 800,000 - 3 million is absurd. It limits who can access that gear - so players in general aren't properly geared and can't enjoy the game. Right now it seems the only players who are really equipped to run Elite Tindirin are players with prior mythic items.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metztli For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metztli View Post
    Right now it seems the only players who are really equipped to run Elite Tindirin are players with prior mythic items.
    Me thinks that too

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Difficulty of the elite maps aren't supposed to be the problem.. They're supposed to be difficult, right? IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.
    Richie talkin crap...use ur brain just a lil,plox.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Thank you for making tweaks to the game. I think the tweaks are very necessary for the enjoyment factor of the game.

I've been running the new elite maps almost daily since they opened, and I've been finding them extremely frustrating. Each map is incredibly potion intensive (as a rogue) and deaths are costly (either time-wise or platinum-wise) because the map distance is so long. The rewards are few and far between -- no dragkin teeth and no pink drops.

I've been noticing changes in my guild in terms of decreased participation. Players are frustrated and not having as much fun in the game anymore so they are not signing in. I feel that way myself -- a common mantra within our guild chat has been "Game Sucks".

I really liked the Shuyal expansion because I could complete an Elite map under 10 minutes. It felt like an accomplishment. I could get a party together and do a rotation of 5-6 maps in an hour and we had bonding time. Because those maps weren't as potion or platinum intensive, players didn't feel horrible if the elite runs came up dry.

I know that one player argued that if Elite runs were easy, then drops would be worth less. Actually I was quite happy with the Shuyal expansion and getting legendary drops that I was able to sell for 100-400k. Honestly I think people selling Magma gear for 800,000 - 3 million is absurd. It limits who can access that gear - so players in general aren't properly geared and can't enjoy the game. Right now it seems the only players who are really equipped to run Elite Tindirin are players with prior mythic items.
    I agree in all that u say...

Farming isn't that fun anymore ....sry to say this, this is my opinion, it's hard to get ppl who want to do the new maps.It only makes them angry and frustrated, especialy when u get 1 hit about 10000 times, don't stay in the red zone but u still die. People will go back to malison farm and km3 ....if they haven't done that already.I'm not a mecher, always been a farmer so i ask pls change something. Even a full myth arcane party has difficulty in it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aziiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Couldnt agree more. Less n less ppl logging in or only to chat n check stuff out. Hard to get elite parties and all i hear now days is " this is awful, farm death and get a green", " broke bc buying pots n looting greens", " so bored, game sux now".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Sounds like only people with full equip gear and super gem + mythic set or arcane who can run elite nordr or elite shuyal easily.
    Even after the patching elite map, many people take a very long time elite there, just make the elite nordr and shuyal easier like it was so many people can do those elite maps.
    When I tried elite The Wilds, I felt its easier than elite nordr and eliter shuyal maps, please fix it and consider that many people doesn't have good item.
    Thanks ^^