Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Yeah, Remiem just broke whole contest. Im mad, cause i could have spent one day on doing something funny instead of seeking the dragon enclave pets for example lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What about the people who made an effort and posted a correct screenshot 20 days in a row and one got lost between posting and landing on the master thread. This has happened.

Is this a way of sts making sure people don't get left out because they ended up understaffed halfway through the contest and entries may have slipped through the cracks? Would it be fair to disqualify the people who's legit entries did not all make it to the master thread?
    Thats why logs exists, they should check them. Not change the rules...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmanco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have just checked: 460ppl has 19post and 50 ppls has 18, so checking the logs for that 50 are easier than chaning the rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What is for an unfair people work to get hard around the screens and all 20 days to meet ...und just because who forgot a wrong screen or a screen is their own people into debt and have so with no right to the ring or in General on the contest ...und that rule at the last moment changed is I think just is still unfaiand really unfair to the people the of beginning on everything met all 20 haben...die people that one pic is missing or just have used a wrong day made the opportunity take the people the ring to get it up to the end fulfilled have sts ...also the rule...rule not unfair and changed just as you want until none are because to keep a ... you need to make so please change again
    Last edited by bogohb; 04-13-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It is unfair to post a contest with one set of rules and then on the last day of the long contest to then change the rule.

If it is desired to include more people in the chance to win the arcane ring, then how about adding another ring to account for the extra people? One ring would be for people who entered all 20 days. Another ring for people who entered at least 19 days?

Although, the people entering all 20 days went to extra lengths to ensure they abided by all the rules of the contest. So really, they ought to get the expected reward or have an extra reward. So possibly 2 rings for the people who entered all 20 days.

Js.

Star light, star bright...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    It is unfair to post a contest with one set of rules and then on the last day of the long contest to then change the rule.

If it is desired to include more people in the chance to win the arcane ring, then how about adding another ring to account for the extra people? One ring would be for people who entered all 20 days. Another ring for people who entered at least 19 days?

Although, the people entering all 20 days went to extra lengths to ensure they abided by all the rules of the contest. So really, they ought to get the expected reward or have an extra reward. So possibly 2 rings for the people who entered all 20 days.

Js.
    This is the best solution for all parties I think

People who posted all 20: WIN because they had a chance for 2 rings, instead of only 1.
    People who posted 19: WIN because they now had a chance for a ring, instead of only shards and teeth.
    STG: WIN because they satisfy more people and an addition of ring as a prize won't change much to their income from locked crates.

Disclaimer: I posted all 20, but I incorrectly posted a day (cocoon). But whatever the rules that will be the final ones, I don't care that much. I'm not that lucky anyway, that's why I never open a single crate, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post
    This is the best solution for all parties I think

People who posted all 20: WIN because they had a chance for 2 rings, instead of only 1.
    People who posted 19: WIN because they now had a chance for a ring, instead of only shards and teeth.
    STG: WIN because they satisfy more people and an addition of ring as a prize won't change much to their income from locked crates.

Disclaimer: I posted all 20, but I incorrectly posted a day (cocoon). But whatever the rules that will be the final ones, I don't care that much. I'm not that lucky anyway, that's why I never open a single crate, lol.

Lol that was my idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Umm I guess none of you read the posts above you. This idea won't work. As you can see there are only about 50 people who posted 18 days and 460 people who posted 19 days as of today. So even if you add 2 rings to the 20 day pool the odds for them are still 4.5 times lesser to win a ring than the people who missed a day. I'd rather have 1 pool with 2/3 rings because IMO the people who didn't enter everyday don't deserve better odds. Peace

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to deathwraithx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post

Js.
    This is a great idea.... Add 2 more rings... ^o^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What about the people who made an effort and posted a correct screenshot 20 days in a row and one got lost between posting and landing on the master thread. This has happened.

Is this a way of sts making sure people don't get left out because they ended up understaffed halfway through the contest and entries may have slipped through the cracks? Would it be fair to disqualify the people who's legit entries did not all make it to the master thread?
    Absolutely not. Why? Because
    1 if you entered and didn't see your daily pic on master, email the dev or post in discussion thread. Not hard and if you truly wanted to win you'd take two more minutes to do this and ensure your image was received. I had to do this and Delph checked for me. Problem solved. If you didn't see your deposit go into the bank I'm sure you'd phone them, same thing.

2 if your holding a contest you will go back and collate the information. All they need to do is post what they have found, give 24hr notice to notify of any discrepancy with proof you posted. ie screenie of your pic posted. I'm sure we are all understanding enough of this to wait an extra day or two for results.

Yes mistakes happen esp because mods were switched mid contest but it is NOT a reason to change rules and screw everyone that made every effort to abide by rules all 20 days and follow through to ensure they were received.

Last note non related to your post. For all you people saying what about people who had some real life issue and couldn't do one day. Well, there's 24hr in a day and many people here have had "real life issues" to deal with and still made 20 days. So quit whinging.

To STS, and ban me if you want because after this disgusting display of disregard to the people who make your work possible I don't think I much care, but you change the rules literally last minute. What were you thinking? No one knows because nowhere in all of forums have I found an explanation to why you would do this. Maybe if we knew we wouldn't be so agro. Did you think it would make us happy to compete with even more people who couldn't, for whatever reason, meet the rules we adhered to that were set out at the start of the competition? No sane person would think this would go over well.

As for additional ring prizes etc. I have posted all 20 days and even if I had won teeth or shard I'd be stoked. So why should someone who didn't post all 20 be upset if that is all they could win? You want to make up for possible errors being made, fine, but add extra shard or teeth.

I stop now and find safe place to go scream and maybe delete PL, SL, DL, Al. I'm really.... Idk the words to describe how I feel about this but I'm sure I'm not alone.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
    Absolutely not. Why? Because
    1 if you entered and didn't see your daily pic on master, email the dev or post in discussion thread. Not hard and if you truly wanted to win you'd take two more minutes to do this and ensure your image was received. I had to do this and Delph checked for me. Problem solved. If you didn't see your deposit go into the bank I'm sure you'd phone them, same thing.

2 if your holding a contest you will go back and collate the information. All they need to do is post what they have found, give 24hr notice to notify of any discrepancy with proof you posted. ie screenie of your pic posted. I'm sure we are all understanding enough of this to wait an extra day or two for results.

Yes mistakes happen esp because mods were switched mid contest but it is NOT a reason to change rules and screw everyone that made every effort to abide by rules all 20 days and follow through to ensure they were received.

Last note non related to your post. For all you people saying what about people who had some real life issue and couldn't do one day. Well, there's 24hr in a day and many people here have had "real life issues" to deal with and still made 20 days. So quit whinging.

To STS, and ban me if you want because after this disgusting display of disregard to the people who make your work possible I don't think I much care, but you change the rules literally last minute. What were you thinking? No one knows because nowhere in all of forums have I found an explanation to why you would do this. Maybe if we knew we wouldn't be so agro. Did you think it would make us happy to compete with even more people who couldn't, for whatever reason, meet the rules we adhered to that were set out at the start of the competition? No sane person would think this would go over well.

As for additional ring prizes etc. I have posted all 20 days and even if I had won teeth or shard I'd be stoked. So why should someone who didn't post all 20 be upset if that is all they could win? You want to make up for possible errors being made, fine, but add extra shard or teeth.

I stop now and find safe place to go scream and maybe delete PL, SL, DL, Al. I'm really.... Idk the words to describe how I feel about this but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Dem, mine thanks finished Agree Kellhus, ill citate Your post to other thread for pepole who need more to understand their invaild point. Thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Sorry one more thing. I personally would like to see the collated info to ensure the final standing of myself. Maybe others would as well before winners were announced. Obviously this leaves room for endless arguments regarding peoples post but if you set a 24hr limit to notify of any discrepancy I'm sure this would make people happy and not delay things to overly long. Just an idea. Thanks for listening.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I was just told about this rule change by some guildies as they are angry! I haven't entered the contest but am disgusted .... This is awful! Is sts forgetting THIS IS AN ARCANE RING PRIZE it's suppose to be hard and people that have done this challenge everyday are now going to have more contenders because some people couldn't do it? I know people that logged in especially to do the screenshot of the day .... Seriously BAD move. But hey is this another shady move by sts, changing rules on the last day lol .... Seriously WHO DOES THAT

#whatwoulddelphdo springs to mind .... Jus sayin

A quote from the original post

The person who will win the ring will need to show dedication and enter the contest every day! This contest will run similar to the Holiday Arcane Pet Contest! You will have 20 days of challenges.
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 04-13-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think remiem is trying to avoid to find all the people that did all 20 days and that will take too much time for one person. But still it is super unfair and although the majority of people here are against StS is not going to fix it as it seems so I really don't know why you do it guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post
    Umm I guess none of you read the posts above you. This idea won't work. As you can see there are only about 50 people who posted 18 days and 460 people who posted 19 days as of today. So even if you add 2 rings to the 20 day pool the odds for them are still 4.5 times lesser to win a ring than the people who missed a day. I'd rather have 1 pool with 2/3 rings because IMO the people who didn't enter everyday don't deserve better odds. Peace

I think i was not being clear with the idea (not mine) for additional ring prize.

Let's assume there are 50 people who posted for 19 days and 460 people who posted for 20 days.

Solution no. 1: revert to original rule.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 460 (0.217%) chance to win an arcane ring.
    People who posted 19 days have 0 chance to win an arcane ring.

Solution no. 2: stick to new rule.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 510 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring, which is merely a bit less than solution no. 1.
    People who posted 19 days have 1 / 510 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring.

Solution no. 3: add an additional ring ONLY for people who posted 20 days.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 460 (0.217%) + 1 / 509 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring, which is around double odds compared to solution no. 1 and 2.
    People who posted 19 days have 1 / 509 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring.

If we choose solution no. 3, everybody wins. As I posted my disclaimer several posts above, you may see my post as a subjective one, but everyone is entitled to their opinions

And also, this math is done by using inaccurate numbers (not counting invalid posts like my cocoon, lol), but you can see my point.

Last edited by basketholic209; 04-13-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post
    The rules clearly stated though that 20 ss were necessary for the ring.

I do think that changing the rules at the last second is pretty bootleg. Its like saying "i know we hosted this contest... And you followed the rules to the T, but we don't care. Everyone has a chance to win."

Major snub IMO and I also will probably not participate in the contests in the future. Just out of principle.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post

Nono if they added more rings the drawings would have to be:

18-20 days
    19-20 days
    20 days

What this means is that its theoretically possible for one person two win 3 rings.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    The rules clearly stated though that 20 ss were necessary for the ring.

I do think that changing the rules at the last second is pretty bootleg. Its like saying "i know we hosted this contest... And you followed the rules to the T, but we don't care. Everyone has a chance to win."

Major snub IMO and I also will probably not participate in the contests in the future. Just out of principle.
    Aed, this thread is peacefull comparing to This in General Discussion, Elitefamily seems to completley misunderstood whole situation...

But yeah... Contest seems to be... preety... broken now lol

I BET, someone who posted 19 days will win arcane ring if Remi won't change that decision back.

---------------------
    One of mightiest reasons for forumwar for this 2014 year..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Well, I did not omit a single day so far (today is yet to come) but I welcome that we have one day as a reserve because I heard for example something about changing rules on the 4 dragons day.

As many others I took a pic including old classic dragon pet (they are called dragons even in the AP list, yes?) and today I hear that perhaps only Tindirin dragons count? I really can't be hanging in the forums during the entire day and check if the rules from the morning are still valid in the evening.

Not important if it's so or not - I welcome to have one day as a reserve if my post is not approved due to any reason.

I worked as hard as all of you others (did not omit any day) but I don't feel any hatred towards STS that they perhaps introduce one day as a tolerance.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Nono if they added more rings the drawings would have to be:

18-20 days
    19-20 days
    20 days

What this means is that its theoretically possible for one person two win 3 rings.
    Just make it simple like my post above.
    Pool 1: 20 days only
    Pool 2: 19 - 20 days minus the winner from pool 1.
    So one person can only win one prize, either ring, shard, or teeth.

Disclaimer: I don't like the new rule too, despite I was in 19 days group. So my proposed solution is add an additional ring (with simple rule above) or simply revert to original rule.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basketholic209 For This Useful Post: