Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post
    I think i was not being clear with the idea (not mine) for additional ring prize.

Let's assume there are 50 people who posted for 19 days and 460 people who posted for 20 days.

Solution no. 1: revert to original rule.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 460 (0.217%) chance to win an arcane ring.
    People who posted 19 days have 0 chance to win an arcane ring.

Solution no. 2: stick to new rule.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 510 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring, which is merely a bit less than solution no. 1.
    People who posted 19 days have 1 / 510 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring.

Solution no. 3: add an additional ring ONLY for people who posted 20 days.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 460 (0.217%) + 1 / 509 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring, which is around double odds compared to solution no. 1 and 2.
    People who posted 19 days have 1 / 509 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring.

If we choose solution no. 3, everybody wins. As I posted my disclaimer several posts above, you may see my post as a subjective one, but everyone is entitled to their opinions

And also, this math is done by using inaccurate numbers (not counting invalid posts like my cocoon, lol), but you can see my point.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    My bad then, I thought 2 pools were implied, 1 with 2 rings for 20 dayers and another with 1 ring for 19 dayers.

Out of thanks sorry :/

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'll get this party started! Let's see, well I've played more MMO's than I can count on both hands and well, probably with my toes too! Along the way, I've managed to work on a couple of them too. I also really love my iPhone and am so proud and excited to be involved with the first 3D iPhone MMO! When I'm not gaming or yammering on my iPhone, I'm training up for a sprint Triathlon this summer, playing my guitar, hanging out with friends and family or chasing after our very active Wheaten Terrier.

So, what about you? Take a minute to say hi, tell us about how you heard about Pocket Legends and something about yourself.

I hope to see you in game!
    Rules never changed, King. Those dragons do count provided there is only one of them in the picture. The instructions did say 4 different types and a mod clarified this that day too.
    If anyone had a doubt they only had to check. Instructions were straightforward anywa

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deathwraithx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post
    Rules never changed, King. Those dragons do count provided there is only one of them in the picture. The instructions did say 4 different types and a mod clarified this that day too.
    If anyone had a doubt they only had to check. Instructions were straightforward anywa

Indeed

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Just make it simple like my post above.
    Pool 1: 20 days only
    Pool 2: 19 - 20 days minus the winner from pool 1.
    So one person can only win one prize, either ring, shard, or teeth.

Disclaimer: I don't like the new rule too, despite I was in 19 days group. So my proposed solution is add an additional ring (with simple rule above) or simply revert to original rule.

Yeah you're right. I was half asleep when i wrote that. Wouldn't make sense to win multiple rings.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hie. Juz wanna say this..
    on the contest. Not sure what day. You need screenshot with warmonger, dimensional gladiator, filthy rich, haunted, elite and paragon.
    Me and my guild. We dont have that much awesome title.. for that day I have a rough day. And I work hard to find player have that title. And even beg for screenshot with them, well u know there a player busy with thier own thing or maybe quest, so its really hard to get this screesnshot.
    But I work hard for whole day to find player. Not 1 or 2. But 5.. 5 random people I dont know, its very rough day for me.
    At last I found good player that willing to share that title with me. I wanna thank them so much..
    AND now.. you said thats people who skipped one day have a chance to win arcane ring too..
    Seriously its not fair.. and its sad too. If I know this happen I will skipped that rough day..
    But coz of the rules. "That only 20post can win ring" I keep trying and trying. Hope sts would understand this.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickaizoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    I think remiem is trying to avoid to find all the people that did all 20 days and that will take too much time for one person. But still it is super unfair and although the majority of people here are against StS is not going to fix it as it seems so I really don't know why you do it guys
    Should've thpught about the time it takes BEFORE starting the competition that's a piss poor excuse to treat all your supporters so wrongly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think i was not being clear with the idea (not mine) for additional ring prize.

Let's assume there are 50 people who posted for 19 days and 460 people who posted for 20 days.

Solution no. 1: revert to original rule.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 460 (0.217%) chance to win an arcane ring.
    People who posted 19 days have 0 chance to win an arcane ring.

Solution no. 2: stick to new rule.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 510 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring, which is merely a bit less than solution no. 1.
    People who posted 19 days have 1 / 510 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring.

Solution no. 3: add an additional ring ONLY for people who posted 20 days.
    People who posted 20 days have 1 / 460 (0.217%) + 1 / 509 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring, which is around double odds compared to solution no. 1 and 2.
    People who posted 19 days have 1 / 509 (0.196%) chance to win an arcane ring.

If we choose solution no. 3, everybody wins. As I posted my disclaimer several posts above, you may see my post as a subjective one, but everyone is entitled to their opinions

And also, this math is done by using inaccurate numbers (not counting invalid posts like my cocoon, lol), but you can see my point.

It's cool dude I see what your saying but really y not just stick to original rules, that's one issue. Second, why offer them a ring, why not offer more chance at shard or tooth or add a dragon bar... Anything but a ring. I think everyone's upset because the change in rules. If we knew we could skip a day then most people probably would've. It's about integrity a d standing by your decisions to enforce the original rules not change them last minute to cater to others.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ok,
    For all those players getting their hopes high since they had one INCORRECT entry, let me tell you the rule is applicable only if you MISS on one day. And by all means missing a day is not equal to incorrect entry unless STS decides to change the meaning.

Like Serancha posted this might be given for a chance to make up for that missed entry in master thread, but I distinctly remember DEVs making up a thread for players to check if anyone had any post missing and the entries were corrected for whoever complained . I myself checked my entries that day. "Real life problems" are never acceptable during a competition, especially when the prize is arcane ring.

If the rules were to be changed they should have done it within one week and NOT ON LAST DAY. It is unacceptable and unfair. I hope STS decides to revert back this change.

And if the rule is changed I am sure the winner's entries will be checked definitely by all players here and I sincerely hope that the winner doesnt turn out one with one missing day(or incorrect entry,if both mean the same) cause then a lot of players will cry foul and demand for an answer and I hate to see players leaving this game over one stupid decision.

There are a lot of good suggestions, I suggest you to follow the same if you are adamant on bending the rules. That is all.
    Thanks
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

On my opinion in this contest I think making a game a whole much interesting is great I like this contest a way it goes and last but something I wana say is that even if 1000 of this type of contest come and last , it wont be interesting for me than seeing a new update to the game from arcane legends developers, im always happy when seeing a game with new contents and updates , but also I love it to come faster and faster, I like arcane legends events I like it but I love to see everything fast , I like to see some developers to come up with new update every day lol thats what I like it and makes me soo happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    Well, I did not omit a single day so far (today is yet to come) but I welcome that we have one day as a reserve because I heard for example something about changing rules on the 4 dragons day.

As many others I took a pic including old classic dragon pet (they are called dragons even in the AP list, yes?) and today I hear that perhaps only Tindirin dragons count? I really can't be hanging in the forums during the entire day and check if the rules from the morning are still valid in the evening.

Not important if it's so or not - I welcome to have one day as a reserve if my post is not approved due to any reason.

I worked as hard as all of you others (did not omit any day) but I don't feel any hatred towards STS that they perhaps introduce one day as a tolerance.
    Sorry but this is exactly why it is unfair, the dragons especially, I put extra hard work in this 1 and followed the post read carfully and posted right pick, some ppl to lazy to put the work in and now they are in same pool as me, really not fair, obviously I have a better chance to win the fewer ppl in the pool, I do feel bad for ppl that played everyday ahd got 1 wrong, but rules are rules, ps the contest rules did NOT change for that day of the 4 dragons, just clarified which I already figured out but readin over and over and studying the ss pic

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osad View Post
    Sorry but this is exactly why it is unfair, the dragons especially, I put extra hard work in this 1 and followed the post read carfully and posted right pick, some ppl to lazy to put the work in and now they are in same pool as me, really not fair, obviously I have a better chance to win the fewer ppl in the pool, I do feel bad for ppl that played everyday ahd got 1 wrong, but rules are rules, ps the contest rules did NOT change for that day of the 4 dragons, just clarified which I already figured out but readin over and over and studying the ss pic
    As again I point incorrect entry of one day is not equal to missing one day. It is distinctly mentioned if you MISSED one day. But STS can change the rules tho xD
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post
    Umm I guess none of you read the posts above you. This idea won't work. As you can see there are only about 50 people who posted 18 days and 460 people who posted 19 days as of today. So even if you add 2 rings to the 20 day pool the odds for them are still 4.5 times lesser to win a ring than the people who missed a day. I'd rather have 1 pool with 2/3 rings because IMO the people who didn't enter everyday don't deserve better odds. Peace

Heres 1. Put ppl with 20 days right for ring pool, then ppl with 19 and 20 days in another ring pool. So ppl that got all 20 rewarded and I think all will be happy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to osad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I don't think there should be extra prizes added or the chance to win the ring if you missed. This is still unfair to those of us that diligently posted everyday. Very annoyed with this decision to change the rules at the last minute. I hope this change is withdrawn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

basically comes down to.... the rules from day one should not have changed period. Deep down inside we all know the truth!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Yes n now this is what I'm going to go do... Sleep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The idea with the 19 days is not really fair for those people, who had worked hard for 20 days to achieve this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

This is my last contest entry .i entered everyday ( i don't know they even made it to master thread). honestly i don't wanted to be pissed again in these contests.

imo if they missed ss by wrong entry they should be included in the contest. its human error. even sts gave away 2 scorch eggs by mistake.
    its unfair for people missed a day

and people want to win ring just by posting a single entry? - A big NO
    they can still win shards and teeth.

delphina even gave extra one day to enter the contest. if sts wants this in first place y wasting our time by taking and posting ss for the past 19 days. you should've just made a single entry thread and let everyone posting it and reward the winner.

New rule suks
    Last edited by supersyan; 04-13-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I also think it's unfair to those ppl who missed a day and then didn't continue contest because of that reason. STS needs to stick to original rules. Why change them at last minute?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What about the people who made an effort and posted a correct screenshot 20 days in a row and one got lost between posting and landing on the master thread. This has happened.

Is this a way of sts making sure people don't get left out because they ended up understaffed halfway through the contest and entries may have slipped through the cracks? Would it be fair to disqualify the people who's legit entries did not all make it to the master thread?
    if it is the admin/ host fault for misplacing the post, it is the admin duty to fix that one post. not changing and bending the rules altogether. the decision to simply dismiss all missing single post as valid entry for arcane ring is sending the wrong message.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

When we get the items?

Gesendet von meinem ST21i mit Tapatalk
    Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
    You got a boyfriend, I bet he doesn't kiss ya (Mwah!), He gon' find another girl and he won't miss ya, He gon' skrrt and hit the dab like Wiz Khalifa