Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Future Events vs. Class/Gear Balancing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Tyranno, you dont know how others do pve. You dont know if others are skilled at it.
    And on that build...9 beckon 9 stomp? Are you serious? I'd understand 9 beckon and a low stomp, but this. That iron blood is way too low.

You say that you're tanky enough to not need the dodge that taunt gives; the dodge that it gives is more than evade itself when it is stacked 2x. 9 beckon and 9 stomp is bad for crowd control, you can use it to bring enemies to a wall and stomp against it, but a lvl 7 beckon and a lvl 3-6 stomp does the same.

Oh, do you want more dmg? Thats many bears do nowadays in PvE, try to dmg instead of tank efficiently. You use the taunt to aggro all, and you'll be hit alot, so the high iron blood and taunt dodge will help, and just group against a wall and stomp and debuff.

Oh, and Dont try to say I'm a mega maze PvE person, I hardly use it, and I do have quite of experience with bear to know how it works.
    PVE features the miracle of potions - health to be specific. And a bear has plenty enough health to survive any combo of hits by potting. So you get hit? So what? I don't pvp so it's not a concern.

I know all the tricks n pull points to bunch mobs up efficiently. They seem to die faster with me max beckoning n stomping, then max slashing them. Hmm. Novel idea.

What a bear DOESN'T have is enough damage to maintain aggro. Even with savage at a boss it's a job keeping em off the birds n mages. And I'm concerned a savage nerf may make pve bears useless as tanks because of this.

Also, I solo. I need all the damage I can get to have an efficient run alone. Which I do.

It's just a different build that's worked very successfully for me, so I don't get why ppl are hating on it. You wanna solo all bsm efficiently n have the skillz, use it. If not, don't.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranno- View Post
    @ Impact - Exactly my point - no one asked for certain nerfs but they happened anyway. Who's to say same won't happen again? Moral of the story is: Be careful what you wish for, you may get more than you expected.

@ Skeletonlord - i can give you my skill set for pure pve. Any points in taunt other than 1 to get the skill are wasted. A level 1 taunt works just as well as level 9 for attracting enemies, and you have enough health to absorb the hits so why bother dodging them? If you plan to pvp you'll want more points in taunt, evade, and/or iron blood - one of the pro pvpers round here would know far more bout it than me lol

Anyway, pure pve this skill set works great in bsm even at lvl 68 wearing humania gear:
    All slashes 9 (Vengeful, Crippling, Super Mega)
    Stomp 9
    Rage 9
    Taunt 1
    Crushing Blow 9
    Restore 0
    Iron Blood 2
    Hell Scream 9
    Evade 0
    Beckon 9

Hope this helps you
    I'm sorry but it's hard to believe you can solo Red Dragon with 0 evade and 2 Iron blood... If I were hosting runs and knew you had that build I would kick you because bears are made to tank and with that build you just can't...

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

At endgame, Bears have one of the most damage, if not the most. Savage has that crazy damage, combined with L9 rage buff, it does crazy damage.
    Its not hard to keep the boss off other party members, you use taunt and do enough damage to get aggroed.
    And another thing; bears meant to tank with a team, not Maximize their dmg output. It doesn't matter if your party members kill the mobs before you, just show em crazy crowd control skills, they do the rest.

I'm going to stop posting here, I completely de railed ghosts thread :/

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breton View Post
    I'm sorry but it's hard to believe you can solo Red Dragon with 0 evade and 2 Iron blood... If I were hosting runs and knew you had that build I would kick you because bears are made to tank and with that build you just can't...
    In PVE defense is zero priority for a bear. Ya have all that armor, a giant health pool, and/or pots for a reason - so use em. What good is a tank that can't maintain aggro? Not much. Since taunt is overidden by any damage, a lvl 9 Beckon-Stomp combo gets a boss' attention back where it belongs in a hurry.

Red dragon can be hairy solo, but doable. With one mage or rhino it's a joke. This build has worked well since the Fang cap, so...

Fine by me: you all can stick to ur slow killing, group-dependent bears if you want. I'll be off on my own, or tanking a group to a super-fast run. Peace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

In PVE defense is zero priority for a bear. Ya have all that armor, a giant health pool, and/or pots for a reason - so use em. What good is a tank that can't maintain aggro? Not much. Since taunt is overidden by any damage, a lvl 9 Beckon-Stomp combo gets a boss' attention back where it belongs in a hurry.

Red dragon can be hairy solo, but doable. With one mage or rhino it's a joke. This build has worked well since the Fang cap, so...

Fine by me: you all can stick to ur slow killing, group-dependent bears if you want. I'll be off on my own, or tanking a group to a super-fast run. Peace
    peace*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    I'm not even sure what your build means. I thought you were kidding. Apparently not.
    Aww. I missed your trollish post. You must be a flunky of Covert's lol. Well, I wouldn't want you to feel left out so:

You waste a point on heal and question *anyone's* build? Omg. Lmfao. Please just stop playing a bear. There's no hope for you.

@ Ghost I'm sorry for going off-topic. I'm finished responding to insects like those two.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Aww. I missed your trollish post. You must be a flunky of Covert's lol. Well, I wouldn't want you to feel left out so:

You waste a point on heal and question *anyone's* build? Omg. Lmfao. Please just stop playing a bear. There's no hope for you.

@ Ghost I'm sorry for going off-topic. I'm finished responding to insects like those two.
    Please 1v1 me.

Please.

Edit: But before we do that, let's go over some pretty simple reasons of why you are completely wrong and should shut your mouth.

1) skeleton asked me for a build in pvp, not pve. If you are capable of writing multiple paragraphs to defend to horrific build, maybe you should read up just a few more comments.

2) your build is hilarious. And I'm glad you use it. Taunt and evade are skills used for dodge. Sure, as a bear (especially a full str bear) you have lots of health! And you get pots! But wouldn't it be nice to have multiple chances of not even getting hit in the first place?!?! WOW LOGIC!!!

Another thing about your build. You are full str, with max slashes. What's your hit percent? What's the point in maxing all these attack skills if you can't even hit anything LET ALONE DODGE ANYTHING.

So you have fun using this fabulous build. Don't hit anything, don't dodge anything, just sit there and use those good ole pots!
    Last edited by Cavoc; 04-18-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    Please 1v1 me.

Please.

Edit: But before we do that, let's go over some pretty simple reasons of why you are completely wrong and should shut your mouth.

1) skeleton asked me for a build in pvp, not pve. If you are capable of writing multiple paragraphs to defend to horrific build, maybe you should read up just a few more comments.

2) your build is hilarious. And I'm glad you use it. Taunt and evade are skills used for dodge. Sure, as a bear (especially a full str bear) you have lots of health! And you get pots! But wouldn't it be nice to have multiple chances of not even getting hit in the first place?!?! WOW LOGIC!!!

Another thing about your build. You are full str, with max slashes. What's your hit percent? What's the point in maxing all these attack skills if you can't even hit anything LET ALONE DODGE ANYTHING.

So you have fun using this fabulous build. Don't hit anything, don't dodge anything, just sit there and use those good ole pots!
    Sorry Ghost.

Mr. Caat:

1) I clearly offered him a build for *pure PVE* in case he was interested, and I also noted in this thread in at least two seperate posts *I do not PVP* lol. So before you rage and challenge me to PVP maybe *you* should read more carefully? Hmm...

2) Who said I do pure str? I don't. 215 dex gives 100% hit chance with no gear on. I'm sure with your pro-ness you knew that of course... cough. And with a bear's naturally higher health pool WHO CARES IF YOU GET HIT? It's not worth wasting skill points on defense in PVE-only.

Oops, I guess you made a few mistakes here. Maybe another edit of your post would help?

It's okay. In a PVE run I'd come over and kill stuff for you and ur PRO build as you evaded and defended and healed while whiffing ineffectually with your teeny-tiny slashes. Psh. I bet my birds tank better than your bear lol.

Oh. I'll repeat for you one more time in case you missed it - *I DON'T PVP* lol

Good day to you sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

What does everyone think of this idea to get a new cap on the horizon?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=149285
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

tran please stay on topic

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Covert For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    tran please stay on topic
    dirty fry pan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwahiwik View Post
    dirty fry pan
    lotta dead things went in there. like tyran's ability

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Covert For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You must have only started playing at Blacksmoke and you don't know what a balanced set is, at lower caps you would have never been able to to function with this kind of build... In fact I'm surprised people haven't called you an idiot for having this kind of build, everyone knows to max buffs and not beakon stomp, or else that makes a great scatter bear, which no one likes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You must have only started playing at Blacksmoke and you don't know what a balanced set is, at lower caps you would have never been able to to function with this kind of build... In fact I'm surprised people haven't called you an idiot for having this kind of build, everyone knows to max buffs and not beakon stomp, or else that makes a great scatter bear, which no one likes.
    Wow. Maybe you need to read a little closer too. Says right in my post you quoted this build has been working since the Fang cap. Lol

And based on the horrible bear play I routinely see in bsm now, what "everyone" knows about building bears is not something I want to imitate. A build doesn't make a scatterbear; crappy gameplay does.

Like I said, all ya can stick to your conventional bears; I'll be capping my 7th bear using this build and anyone who's run with a Tyranno- bear can tell you bout my gameplay. Generally pros join; I guess thats why I don't recognize the names of the trolls posting here. Lol

Good luck to you sir

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You actually don't recognize our names because our ign's aren't the same because our main forum accounts are banned and our bears have over 75k kills

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Breton For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

You actually don't recognize our names because our ign's aren't the same because our main forum accounts are banned and our bears have over 75k kills
    Lmao idk who you are but I like you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Lmao idk who you are but I like you.

I like me too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can't imagine why such nice ppl got banned here on the forum. Such a shame.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ah! Just found out why you solo.

You have no friends to play with. Such a shame.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

If big egos were bannable, that would be such a shame