Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Development - What's Next for Arcane Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The removal of the highest payout of gold from Crates, and the putting in of new elixir kits is not a fix for economy issues, but it is a step in the direction of reducing the large influx of gold in the economy. There are many moving parts involved, and the little pieces are just as relevant as the big ones. As for the value of the elixir, it should be worth something on the CS no doubt, but that's not up to us...

I think this is a good step. It's crazy how some items are reaching upwards over 100m when farming alone could never allow the typical player to buy even the 20-30m items.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Spend 2000 plat still nthn good
    -_-"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The removal of the highest payout of gold from Crates, and the putting in of new elixir kits is not a fix for economy issues, but it is a step in the direction of reducing the large influx of gold in the economy. There are many moving parts involved, and the little pieces are just as relevant as the big ones. As for the value of the elixir, it should be worth something on the CS no doubt, but that's not up to us...
    So is this confirmation that the 50k payout will be gone, anything less will remain?

The price of this elixir will depend on how good it is. Please make it something good . Let farmers get more for their crates. Might hear less whining that way. Also plat poppers will be happy if the lix is good. It's a win all around. I get the feeling it's going to be a lix revive. I hope I'm not psychic lol. These won't be worth very much.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

It actually is up to you whether or not the elixir gets ethyl'd (tm) since players do not open crates looking for these items, and sure, the first couple hundred that hit the market might be worth something, but the rest will just, as Billy would say, sit in the back on the discount rack like another can of beans, or perhaps a Snow Vanity, which had a value of:
    Opening Day: 500K
    End of Opening Weekend: 50K
    Today: 5K or a trade for a can of beans.

Point is players are opening crates for A) Something Red, B) Something Yellow, C) Plat / Gold which are 'respins' and they can open MORE crates for MORE chances at Something Red or Something Yellow. Everything else can be hot for a day or two, then just becomes filler that gets in the way. I know when I open crates, if you happen to be standing next to me, you are going to get Ethyl Bombed. Perhaps now someone is going to get Elixir Bombed.

Of course, there is an alternative, but that would be too much work. That would be CHANGING the extra thing in the crates weekly to keep its value and give players a new reason to open them. Perhaps a different elixir type, or differing vanities, constantly discontinuing the previous one. Players do LOVE discontinued items

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    It actually is up to you whether or not the elixir gets ethyl'd (tm) since players do not open crates looking for these items, and sure, the first couple hundred that hit the market might be worth something, but the rest will just, as Billy would say, sit in the back on the discount rack like another can of beans, or perhaps a Snow Vanity, which had a value of:
    Opening Day: 500K
    End of Opening Weekend: 50K
    Today: 5K or a trade for a can of beans.

Point is players are opening crates for A) Something Red, B) Something Yellow, C) Plat / Gold which are 'respins' and they can open MORE crates for MORE chances at Something Red or Something Yellow. Everything else can be hot for a day or two, then just becomes filler that gets in the way. I know when I open crates, if you happen to be standing next to me, you are going to get Ethyl Bombed. Perhaps now someone is going to get Elixir Bombed.

Of course, there is an alternative, but that would be too much work. That would be CHANGING the extra thing in the crates weekly to keep its value and give players a new reason to open them. Perhaps a different elixir type, or differing vanities, constantly discontinuing the previous one. Players do LOVE discontinued items
    Still haven't seen why I would open those crates. I don't pvp, I don't do elite, and I don't collect pets...money and plat is nice....but something for us non-hardcore players..."cough" money bomb....I know its been in talks..but just imagine someone blasting a crate and finding a floating arcane egg in-font of you..i would be in shock.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #86
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    So is this confirmation that the 50k payout will be gone, anything less will remain?

The price of this elixir will depend on how good it is. Please make it something good . Let farmers get more for their crates. Might hear less whining that way. Also plat poppers will be happy if the lix is good. It's a win all around. I get the feeling it's going to be a lix revive. I hope I'm not psychic lol. These won't be worth very much.
    Yes the other gold amounts are still in there for the time being
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

So rumors I heard:
    All gold removed from crates already.
    New money currency, flower tokens.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Dem locked crates gettin nerfed yo, wont change much
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Action please. Whatever they do some are bound to complain so lets just get on with it before everyone becomes completely bored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

More story tokens! Lol I think we need something new to spend them on. Not sure what to make of the event system. Looks interesting. Free respec is always nice... Ty STS!
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cooool!
    Can't wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I can't believe I missed this thread yesterday, but having read Sam's update, I have to say that this entire update has my approval.

I agree that you have to take little steps in fixing the economy. Anything drastic may go too far in the other direction and then we will have new problems created.

As for the CTF update, that is a solution that I never thought of and is a great idea. Now two players cannot keep flagging. You are encouraged to kill the other flagger so that you can flag yourself. I just hope it doesn't result in people taking turns LOL....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

PvP Capture the Flag:
    We also have a change coming soon to CTF PvP to require that your own flag be controlled to capture the enemy flag. We hope to promote more intended team vs. team gameplay with this change.

It has been said many times before, but while there is only one stat (flags) there will is no incentive to play as intended. Until there is incentive to prevent flagging (ex. games won stat or flags returned stat) this is doomed to more failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Or... Remove the flag achievement and leave it at 100-1k flags... Maybe not even 1k flags, there will no longer be no more flagging, how is it that hard??!
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If they remove the flagging APs for 5k and 10k flags, then the Top Players leaderboard will be identical to the PvE Kills leaderboard. They have to add some more achievements. If flags are the only achievements half of the player base has yet to accomplish, then that is all people are going to want to do. Add some other achievements, and maybe so many people won't be flagging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

If they removed flag aps, how about people who dont care about lb and worked hard for that one ap they were missing just to find that it will be removed?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Arena, Bael/Krunch - when increase to 41lv ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Um, make a special title or something for those who have already? Alright fair enough..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If they remove the flagging APs for 5k and 10k flags, then the Top Players leaderboard will be identical to the PvE Kills leaderboard. They have to add some more achievements. If flags are the only achievements half of the player base has yet to accomplish, then that is all people are going to want to do. Add some other achievements, and maybe so many people won't be flagging.
    I'd like to see them changed to something actually fun / interesting / challenging to do. It is a game, not a hampster wheel, after all.

The ap lb already looks like the pve board, and will remain pretty much stagnant now until the lb system is changed. There are no more places people can farm fast and endless kills, and if they do manage to fix the rampant flagging exploitations, the boards will be pretty much cemented except for speed runs.

So yes, a lot of things need adjusting, which means it is a good thing our fabulous devs are moving things in the right direction. Hopefully the ap/lb issues are not at the bottom of that great "to do" list. People need something to work for, and It is pretty clear the staggered gear thing is not doing it.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Thx STS! This is the real Arcane Legends to be!