Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My impression of PvP this season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

A day in the life of bless:
    Tank? Breakfast
    Mage? Lunch
    Rogue? Dinner

I usually eat rawfood as a snack in between.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    Tank? Breakfast
    Mage? Lunch
    Rogue? Dinner

As a fellow rogue now, tanks are defeatable in all times except the ones that are using samael. Mauls are easier than claymore users for me.

For mages, as long as you take away their two-second invulnerability with a bow stun, they're pretty much dead. Although experienced mages with Grimm (that thing kicks butt now) are still the hardest to kill, sometimes harder than samael users!

Rogues vs rogue PvP is just silly nowadays, whoever crits with an AS first wins and that's pretty much it. Nothing enjoyable about relying on luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Tank? Breakfast
    Mage? Lunch
    Rogue? Dinner

As a fellow rogue now, tanks are defeatable in all times except the ones that are using samael. Mauls are easier than claymore users for me.

For mages, as long as you take away their two-second invulnerability with a bow stun, they're pretty much dead. Although experienced mages with Grimm (that thing kicks butt now) are still the hardest to kill, sometimes harder than samael users!

Rogues vs rogue PvP is just silly nowadays, whoever crits with an AS first wins and that's pretty much it. Nothing enjoyable about relying on luck.
    Mauls are hard for me, because on an under geared rogue, the proc is a b...

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I only meet pathetic red legion and indo twink gangers which can't do anything else except to gang or run. And weak kronos warlord gangers.
    Last edited by tharidom; 05-07-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default My impression of PvP this season...

Imo sorcerer should have warriors heal, rogue have mage heal and warrior have rogue heal or vice versa, not immortal tanks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact:1627328
    Imo sorcerer should have warriors heal, rogue have mage heal and warrior have rogue heal or vice versa, not immortal tanks...
    whats the point of a tank if they die quickly?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Try me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1627390
    Try me.
    Food
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Food
    You're food for me too! Haha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1627423
    Food
    You're food for me too! Haha!
    Pfft...i eat spider mages
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Good thing I stick with skeletons now besides, spider just got buffed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Good thing I stick with skeletons now besides, spider just got buffed!
    Still eat you. I'm getting my own skeleton soon, gonna name it smackdown
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Still eat you. I'm getting my own skeleton soon, gonna name it smackdown
    Try me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?
    LOL too cocky lets 1-1 bless race to 5 with screen shots. lets see who is for breakfast!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?
    LOL too cocky lets 1-1 bless race to 5 with screen shots. lets see who is for breakfast!

Last time i check you always run when you see me meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

whats the point of a tank if they die quickly?
    whats the point of tank if they have double hp, double armor while doing as much damage (in real fight, not stat page) as us?

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    whats the point of tank if they have double hp, double armor while doing as much damage (in real fight, not stat page) as us?
    Its not double hp its even more.

Whats hp of good geared full int speced mage? Depending on pet and gear id say its not more than 3800! I have seen warriors with more than 7000hp...

mage : 3800hp + 3200hp from shield + 2500 from heal, no heal over time(the skillpoint is a joke). So 10k hp overall, no option to stack (yeah except some useless gun procs -> wont happen)

warrior: 7000hp + 7000hp from HOR (can be a lot more depening on situation) + Juggernaut which u cant specify how much it really is... I say when a warrior with 7000hp puts on jugger + HOR we speak of, depending on situation, of around 30k hp !!! Also there is an option to get even more hp with VB and gun procs, f.e. the imba-arcane-maul proc + stun lmao!

Also dont forget, as u mentioned, double armor -> So the 10k of mage become even weaker... To equal the double armor id say take the half of mage`s hp and we can compare 5khp with 30k+hp, while damage/crit-output is nearly the same. Imho the only mage option is to max crit as far as possible so can get lucky from time to time to win 1 or 2 out 10.

At the end the problem is easy: The open timewindow for the mage to kill the warrior is relativly short AND even an arcane mage cant deal enough damage in this short period to get the kill!!! Even for top rogues like Predator, Zeus, Lia and many more its hard to break warriors juggernaut. These rogues are damage/crit-output-monsters and struggle there from time to time... what for gods sake should the little mage do? In 1on1`s curse is not effective enough. Mages get kills in clashs if the curse-timing is good - thats it! So when a mage in CTF clashs gets some kills, which is absoluty possible, its 80% of curse not of any other skill... Put a misty in or time HOR good and you take the only mages strength away... GO HOME LITTLE SMURF... sad but true.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 05-07-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Mechanics wise, your team's rogues, not the mages, are built to take down the wall of tanks from a distance. Optimally, 3 tanks would be countered by having 2-3 rogues throwing nox/AS combos left and right.

Unfortunately, at endgame, this is impractical. The more rogues you have to counter the tank wall, the less group healing/manaregen. Simultaneously, the rogue has crippling mana limits, and it's difficult to kill ONE properly geared tank without blowing a full bar of mana.

Basically, this is a balancing issue that will eventually have to be fixed by doing one of three things:

1) Severely nerfing the mana regen of VB to decrease a warrior's staying power, either by lowering regen by about 80% or by doubling/tripling the cooldown.

2) Making rogue mana similarly endless (my proposed mechanism is to restore 15-20% of a rogue's mana upon a successful dodge).

3) Increase the heal of HoR by 100%, but make it so that only one HoR dot can be active on any given player.

I feel like solution 1 would be the easiest thing to implement.

Robhawk

I also ask my self why does the mage need 2 skills for a 2 seconds invu and BAD around 60% health regeneration while the warrior gets both even better with just 1 skill (HOR), with great heal over time and also by far shorter cooldown? There is something totally messed up... but its ok i like to play my warrior, lol.

Imho a quick solution without messing all up is:

Lower the cooldown on mages shield by at least 10 seconds AND FIX THAT SHIELDBUG!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 05-07-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Its not double hp its even more.

Whats hp of good geared full int speced mage? Depending on pet and gear id say its not more than 3800! I have seen warriors with more than 7000hp...

mage : 3800hp + 3200hp from shield + 2500 from heal, no heal over time(the skillpoint is a joke). So 10k hp overall, no option to stack (yeah except some useless gun procs -> wont happen)

warrior: 7000hp + 7000hp from HOR (can be a lot more depening on situation) + Juggernaut which u cant specify how much it really is... I say when a warrior with 7000hp puts on jugger + HOR we speak of, depending on situation, of around 30k hp !!! Also there is an option to get even more hp with VB and gun procs, f.e. the imba-arcane-maul proc + stun lmao!

Also dont forget, as u mentioned, double armor -> So the 10k of mage become even weaker... To equal the double armor id say take the half of mage`s hp and we can compare 5khp with 30k+hp, while damage/crit-output is nearly the same. Imho the only mage option is to max crit as far as possible so can get lucky from time to time to win 1 or 2 out 10.

At the end the problem is easy: The open timewindow for the mage to kill the warrior is relativly short AND even an arcane mage cant deal enough damage in this short period to get the kill!!! Even for top rogues like Predator, Zeus, Lia and many more its hard to break warriors juggernaut. These rogues are damage/crit-output-monsters and struggle there from time to time... what for gods sake should the little mage do? In 1on1`s curse is not effective enough. Mages get kills in clashs if the curse-timing is good - thats it! So when a mage in CTF clashs gets some kills, which is absoluty possible, its 80% of curse not of any other skill... Put a misty in or time HOR good and you take the only mages strength away... GO HOME LITTLE SMURF... sad but true.
    You exaggerate. First, HP regen on heal is actually useful! It surprised me during free respec weekend! Try it yourself. Secondly, NO warrior can heal 7000 HP from a single HoR cast. Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    I also ask my self why does the mage need 2 skills for a 2 seconds invu and BAD around 60% health regeneration while the warrior gets both even better with just 1 skill (HOR), with great heal over time and also by far shorter cooldown? There is something totally messed up... but its ok i like to play my warrior, lol.

Imho a quick solution without messing all up is:

Lower the cooldown on mages shield by at least 10 seconds AND FIX THAT SHIELDBUG!
    What shield bug is this?