Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite bosses, is this some kind of joke?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hey gumball, unfortunately we're not made for distance fighting hence a team of mages and rogues is good, very good. Yes our skills are close combat, although axe has a little distance and against bosses it's a good weapon. Personally I would have loved if the new mythic weapon for warrior was an arcane missile launcher or a sword that procs a tree in the bosses face!

.......No one cries more in this game than me, just saying.

Tindirin bosses def need strategy, follow what Ishxmeet said dats da troof for tanks, but I wouldn't solo the boss as a tank, I'd get some backup if you need help to complete dragon enclave let me know in-game, me and a pesky rogue will help, and maybe I can get a sorcerer too

That reminds me...I have a story to tell........
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-11-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Fingers got knotted :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Gumb, just a bug like the troll's conical ranged attack. Can't do something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Thanks waheedski for encouragement and ish for the tips, i always try to help my pt it's not that im unskilled but when i die because some random glitches and them my whole pt dies, it just makes me mad.

If sts can't fix those at least make it so the bosses don't take all our hp in one hit and give us time to pot up and continue supporting our party.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 05-11-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Thanks waheedski for encouragement and ish for the tips, i always try to help my pt it's not that im unskilled but when i die because some random glitches and them my whole pt dies, it just makes me mad.
    Nah it's not your fault. trust me sometimes I die with jugger(+20% dmg reduc) and venge having 7500 hp with them in 1 hit. They really crit hard. Yes sometimes you need to play like a rogue

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Are your gears right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

I've only met one warrior who was able to survive all those one hits! They used full magma armor, maul, Singe, and Arcane ring. Used chest splitter, vb, jugg, and hor. Pretty much you need the best of the best equips of this expansion to make it playable like it was before. I mostly run with tanks that need to kite and move around the boss which is fine. The boss can't catch us, but those magma falling rocks are like godly powerful.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't like how warrior is played at boss i am not interested in mages opinion i'd like to hear from other warriors.
    I think this is a very closed minded attitude when you're looking for useful information.

Considering Warriors rarely run with each other, they do not witness what works and what doesn't with different styles and strategies. They only know what they personally do. Mages as experienced as Ener, as well as many top rogues, are extremely well versed on what a warrior does that is effective and most beneficial to everyone's survival.

I can tell you that the tanks I run with don't dance around and heal us while we hit. I could also list several skill setups and effective strategies, learned from 19 months of playing, a year leading a top guild, and also my experience playing the class. The players who have been in this game since season 1 have a lot of info gathered through seasons testing, research and endless discussions.

The things that make up a good warrior (and sometimes those which make a warrior killable) are of much interest to us. The players who have been around the longest tend to pay the most attention to the subtle differences in strategy needed each expansion, since they are constantly monitoring the evolution of the game style presented by the devs.

Just because someone is "known" for playing one class, doesn't mean that is all they do. I am pretty certain all the players from season 1 and 2 who are still in game have multiple characters spanning all classes. Knowing them all improves everyone's game. Turning down advice because someone is known as a different class is shutting off a huge amount of valuable information.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I hide in the corner and throw axe.

I also use George, that short stun give me time to pop a quick CS and 1 or 2 basic attack hits in. Then I run away again. You van also use shield from HoR to do this but I prefer to shield DPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I've only met one warrior who was able to survive all those one hits! They used full magma armor, maul, Singe, and Arcane ring. Used chest splitter, vb, jugg, and hor. Pretty much you need the best of the best equips of this expansion to make it playable like it was before. I mostly run with tanks that need to kite and move around the boss which is fine. The boss can't catch us, but those magma falling rocks are like godly powerful.
    Rocks are not a problem, but this surving one hits point is interesting. You are saying that 2300 armor can sustain one hits? (For those who judged my 2300 armor figure in the warrior discussion section, point made).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Dude read your skills... You have skills that reduce the crit of your enemies....
    So try to use cs or axe before mob use ability....also try to spam pots.....if an elite party need a warrior that warriors should you taunt build... And dont let mobs hit dps... Its so simple... Maybe you have some errors on spam pots...lmao i wanna see you to tank with a rogue...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I think this is a very closed minded attitude when you're looking for useful information.

Considering Warriors rarely run with each other, they do not witness what works and what doesn't with different styles and strategies. They only know what they personally do. Mages as experienced as Ener, as well as many top rogues, are extremely well versed on what a warrior does that is effective and most beneficial to everyone's survival.

I can tell you that the tanks I run with don't dance around and heal us while we hit. I could also list several skill setups and effective strategies, learned from 19 months of playing, a year leading a top guild, and also my experience playing the class. The players who have been in this game since season 1 have a lot of info gathered through seasons testing, research and endless discussions.

The things that make up a good warrior (and sometimes those which make a warrior killable) are of much interest to us. The players who have been around the longest tend to pay the most attention to the subtle differences in strategy needed each expansion, since they are constantly monitoring the evolution of the game style presented by the devs.

Just because someone is "known" for playing one class, doesn't mean that is all they do. I am pretty certain all the players from season 1 and 2 who are still in game have multiple characters spanning all classes. Knowing them all improves everyone's game. Turning down advice because someone is known as a different class is shutting off a huge amount of valuable information.
    Such a big wall of text i won't bother reading. Energizer post is useless, he basically says i need more skill yet he doesnt go into any detalis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Please do. Even jugg doesn't save me from Abomination's one hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There are only certain times when the bosses can one hit you. 90% of the time you can stay right next to them and swing away. But when they get all charged up, then you have to move or you will die. Yes, these bosses require some strategy and skill to defeat. You cannot just stand there and spam your skills to win. I know warriors are used to that, but now you will actually have to learn some strategy.
    It's the 10% most are struggling with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Such a big wall of text i won't bother reading. Energizer post is useless, he basically says i need more skill yet he doesnt go into any detalis.
    Don't be lazy, read all posts if you truly want help. Energizer alsio said more than you need skill, he noted that you can dodge 90% of the one hits with practice. However, I assume, as with me, are worried about the other 10% of the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Don't be lazy, read all posts if you truly want help. Energizer alsio said more than you need skill, he noted that you can dodge 90% of the one hits with practice. However, I assume, as with me, are worried about the other 10% of the time
    Yes you understood me perfectly and i would take advice from you any day since ure a well known pve tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I played since shuyal expansion i didn't have any complaints about those bosses, they did require strategy, like overgrowth was always fun to fight or undim fields were enjoyable maps.

I can't say there is much strategy to the new ones apart from avoiding the red zones but when i get one hit out of the red zone, thats when i get pisst.

I am concerned about new players who pick rhe warrior class with the word TANK in mind and they find out that in elite they are as good as paper.

I am not talking about the mobsbecause they are tankable, at least for me i didn't have problems with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Rocks are not a problem, but this surving one hits point is interesting. You are saying that 2300 armor can sustain one hits? (For those who judged my 2300 armor figure in the warrior discussion section, point made).
    Yes, high armor and the almost 8k hp plus some ignore pains allowed that person to sustain all them hits. More people are rocking upgraded mythic sets which is perfectly fine, I think Singe and Arcane ring are the game changers but at the price of 100 million dollars *pinky to lips* is a little out of reach for most. Kiting is the alternate strategy which is perfectly fine. I've also seen some average equipped warriors use kelvin/George spam and I didn't even need to run from falling magma rocks and I didn't even get hit once.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yes, high armor and the almost 8k hp plus some ignore pains allowed that person to sustain all them hits. More people are rocking upgraded mythic sets which is perfectly fine, I think Singe and Arcane ring are the game changers but at the price of 100 million dollars *pinky to lips* is a little out of reach for most. Kiting is the alternate strategy which is perfectly fine. I've also seen some average equipped warriors use kelvin/George spam and I didn't even need to run from falling magma rocks and I didn't even get hit once.
    Nice Austin Powers reference.

Why is Singe so powerful, in yuoir opinion? I know little of the pet besides its high damage output.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

U sure ur playing ur character right? O.o
    BAKLOLZ
    Guild Master of Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kill2bealive View Post
    U sure ur playing ur character right? O.o

Do you do elites bro? I see you are a mage: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=147204

Please refrain from useless posts.