Thread: Skill usage bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Skill usage bug

Hello Sts team,

1.I play on desktop using google chrome.
    2.Character name is: Queeniepop
    3.Bug Issue: While I play pvp and rapidly press skill buttons, one skill button will randomly lock up. (and render my other skills not on cool down un-usable)
    4.Arcane Legends game mechanics - In order to charge your skills, you must press or mouse click & hold the skill for it to charge. (My skills will auto charge without the need of pressing and holding the skill at all).

Meaning I press Aimed Shot, i then go to press next skill (Nox bolt or pierce) and nothing happens. I am unable to use the skill.
    Once I look at my skills I notice that once my Aimed Shot comes off of cool down, it then automatically charges by itself.
    I didn't press Aimed Shot again for it to charge, it just does it automatically.
    **The bug/problem with this** I am unable to use my characters skills in game pve/pvp as intended. I should be able to press skills if they are not on cool down and I have mana.

**Once this skill freeze up happens, I must tap the skill that auto charged in order to un-freeze my other skills**
    This is a problem as it doesn't allow me to properly play the game as intended by developers.

Please look into this very frustrating skill bug. Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I played on my rogue and i had this issue too. Didn't have this issue with any other characters. I was on my Android phone when this happened. Not on chrome. And yes, it frequently happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have the EXACT same issue here as stated above word for word. I am playing on a 2008 macbook with 8gigs ram and SSD drive. Using Google Chrome

This issue for me gets worse the longer my play session is. When I play for long periods of time this issue will start to get worse to the point where i have to do press the skill I want with mouse click, then release the mouse button BUT make sure i leave the mouse over the ability long enough for the ability button to pop back up, which is almost a full second at times. If I move the mouse off of the button after the first click without waiting, the ability gets stuck thinking its still pressed.

This started only on my mage 2 months ago, it is at the point now where even when I do a fresh install, use a friends computer, phone, it behaves this way. It was an issue that steadily got worse over time, mainly when I was farming watchers tombs lvl 4 with other mages, we would kill a high rate of mobs for hours on end, this was the only place that made it worse.

I do not even play on my mage any longer because of this.

The problem has now began on my warrior, the same symptoms, after 30 min or so of gameplay the buttons begin to take longer and longer to get a response, to the point where i am pressing the same ability 2, 3, 4 times to get it to fire off. At this point I restart the computer, clear browser cache and start over. The problem is only reduced slightly by this and always gets a little worse. Soon my warrior will be unplayable just as my mage is now.

My rogue is only slightly showing signs of this problem as well as my new rogues at lvls 5-10 I created for farming twink gear during event.

I cannot remedy this on my end as of yet. I desperately need a fix so I can continue to play the game.

I have an average ping of 200 when I play. I mostly play pvp now. I do notice my laptop will heat up and that will make this issue worse. With my mage however, no matter what, when I log in, even on a cold computer, the buttons do not fire off abilities at the same time you click them, there is a delay of maybe .5 seconds right off the bat.

I dont know if there is maybe a buffer that needs to be cleared? Is heat causing this? I do know if I make a brand new character on a brand new account the issue is not there at all on any class I make. So this leads me to believe it has something to do with the time I have played on my existing characters, mage being by far the longest time spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has this issue been addressed or are there any suggestions for how to remedy this on the players end? Please help.

I can only play my characters a short while before the buttons become unusable. I would do anything to be able to experience the game the way it was when I first started playing. Please help us figure out the problem. My brother is beginning to have the exact same issue on his characters now.

Why is there a delay when pressing an ability between pressing the button and seeing the button actually go down? This delay becomes so long after 30 minutes of gameplay that it takes almost 2 seconds to fire off an ability such as Time Clock or Fireball.

Is there any more information I can supply that will help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hottsauce View Post
    Hello Sts team,
    4.Arcane Legends game mechanics - In order to charge your skills, you must press or mouse click & hold the skill for it to charge. (My skills will auto charge without the need of pressing and holding the skill at all).

Meaning I press Aimed Shot, i then go to press next skill (Nox bolt or pierce) and nothing happens. I am unable to use the skill.
    Once I look at my skills I notice that once my Aimed Shot comes off of cool down, it then automatically charges by itself.
    I didn't press Aimed Shot again for it to charge, it just does it automatically.
    I did some testing and I discovered this only happens when you use a mouse to click the skills (instead of number keys) and move the mouse cursor off of the skill's button before releasing it.

This would indicate that at some point the interface is checking for an "onMouseUp" or "onMouseRelease" condition in order to complete that ability being clicked but only while the cursor is still over the ability's button. There should also be an "OnMouseOut" condition added or something like that so that if the mouse cursor leaves the area of the button before the click is released the charge will be ended and the ability is fired.

This could cause an issue because abilities do not fire off "OnClick" they fire off "OnRelease". The pet's ability seems to be the only one that is "OnClick".

I am just going by my observation which may not be 100% accurate of what exactly is happening.

When I first started playing the game and for the following few months, the interface was so responsive and fast this issue couldn't be detected. It only becomes a problem when the delay between a button is pressed and when that button pops back up on its own becomes noticeable. Because then it is very easy to move the mouse over to another button before the final "OnRelease" check.

I have started to play without the mouse, the delays are still there on each abilities use, but it is a little more manageable until a fix is found.

I have 5 characters, 3 of them are 41 and have a lot of gameplay time all on one account. Im going to delete my two lower characters to see if somehow that helps. I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The only way to fix this is to slow down the key/click mashing. Especially on rogue, there is an issue with Aimed Shot and Noxious Bolt firing themselves one more time after their cooldown if you double tap these skills fast. It's not limited to these skills but that's where it happens most frequently.