Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Endgame PvP Restoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

By adding stronger & more class specific set bonuses to endgame sets, I think this avoids touching the levels that I enjoy most - 12-21, and is an isolated solution for the isolated problem that is endgame. That's a very good idea and one I've never considered for other level reform.

However, I disagree with stopping skill points past 56. It ruins a sense of progression, not for the older more established players, but may affect more the new players who find out that once they reached level 56, they have nothing else to work for besides the gear. Gear will become the thing that allows people to efficiently do dungeons, which is a huge disadvantage for the non-wealthy new players once again. For those who would not be able to afford pink sets with the increased set bonuses, STS would have to re-do many epic items, greens, etc. which at the current work rate, is too much work.

I believe the true problems remain in absolutely horrid HP/damage received balance at higher levels (think of twinking levels, for example at 12-21 should be the pace of every duel -- 15-30 seconds.), critical attacks, and dodge.

1) Your solutions address this pretty well by adding set bonuses that can nearly double the HP of an endgame character whilst providing incentives for classes to choose class specific gear, AND while not touching most twinking levels. Bravo.
    2) Critical attacks rate should be nerfed EVEN further, not boosted up. first of all, critical rate requires no skill. why should we argue for nearly 1/2 of skills to be a "critical hit" again when it again, requires no skill. What do we do to activate a critical hit? Nothing at all. It happens on it's own. It's a luck factor that should be present only in a lesser form (15% max?), or present in only short bursts (crit buffs give 5 seconds of increased normal critical hit rate).
    3) Same thing for dodge.
    Of course with lower crit rate, we'd need to scale healing throughout the entire board to prevent mages from becoming OP tanks.

TLDR: By eliminating luck factors and scaling damage/heal/HP further through your set bonuses & other good ideas in this thread, I think endgame could become a pretty balanced place.

EDIT: And also: Good work! I thought my twinking thread was long, it looks like you put 100x the effort in that i did! i love it!