Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boredom in AL / Need Changes / Post your Ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Instead of same old Daily quests, give players a choice button " A" give you quests like we have now for 10 story tokens. Button "B" choice sends the player to a more difficult quest. So it doesn't stress out the developers the harder quest would be like completing the entire Nordr from map 1 to 5. At the end, the boss gives you like 50 story tokens.

Add in the token store: tradable cards that give you onetime access to a free life, or "rare" tradable cards that say allow yo u to turn any armor to a vanity, or a card that enters you into a lottery with a chance at winning things like potions to mythic or eggs.

This idea will get more players into regular maps. I go to Nordr now and 90% of the time there's no one there. And for STS, the one time use cards will be like a gold sink in that they can be traded and once used it will disappear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    4.) Market price - The market price is so high and yet gold is very hard to earn.
    earning gold is the hardest thing to do in AL.. (elite will kill ur incom on pots and deaths..and revives XD) and long time ago klass and shaz and a 3rd allie in kraag gave out gold and stuff (heraldics also)..and locked had 50k and 300 plat prizes...Now you have to hoarded or have a very old account with old stuff to make any money. So better gold options need to happen. because earning 1 or 5 gold for arcanes will take YEARS. XD
    Last edited by octavos; 06-19-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

We should be able to modify our toons better. Gender (all toons should be male or female),color of skin, facial, body type and wieght. It would make the toons stand out more. I always get called hey man, or hey dude(rather annoying).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Scale all elite maps to lvl 41 and add dailies that require us to run these maps under specific conditions to make the easier maps difficult again. Bosses like Bloodhammer and Gual offer great potential to become challenging again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hax btw where are you not seeing u in LB anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

stop dreaming ppl

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    stop dreaming ppl
    Even this is their suggestion, anyway calm down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Scale all elite maps to lvl 41 and add dailies that require us to run these maps under specific conditions to make the easier maps difficult again. Bosses like Bloodhammer and Gual offer great potential to become challenging again.
    This. Scale up all elite maps and make the loot attractive, e.g. by scaling up the chest gear.

Currently there's little challenge in Kraken and below, Nordr and Shuyal with loot hardly worth farming, so we are left with 5 challenging maps with a chance for a reasonable loot.

Frankly speaking - and this is no rant - I think the strategy of STS is that the only way to superior gear is to spend tons of plats. But not for revivals or luck or combos - we are expected to spend it for tickets to run and to pop crates.

And I am not even mentioning the new arcane pet. Who gets it? Toon that has infinite amount of plat for energy and that plays 24/7. I am saying toon, not player.

So, please bring back the variety in elites.
    Last edited by KingMartin; 06-20-2014 at 04:07 AM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I just want to see PvP fixed. PvE is always going to go in cycles. When it first comes out it's tons of fun, and then it becomes boring once the gear is over-farmed and we wait for the next update. STS can only add updates so fast, so we must wait.

But PvP is just broken right now. In CTF all you have is people flagging while most players stand around, congregate in groups, and anyone who tries to upset that with some actual battle is ganged and beat down until they leave. TDM is the only place where you can find an actual game, but unfortunately there is no "safe" spawn area, so as soon as one team has one more player than the other, everyone quits so that they won't be ganged.

So here are my PvP suggestions:

1) For CTF, replace the flags stat with "team flags". No need to reset people's stats or mess with the leaderboard. Just transfer the old flags stats to the new one, and starting now your flag count is the count of how many flags were scored on your team. When any teammate scores a flag, you get +1. Then add a new stat called "flags against". When the other team scores a flag, you get +1 to your flags against. So just like you have kills and deaths, you'll have flags and flags against.

This will result in CTF being played normally again. Everyone will want to help their teammates score flags, and everyone will want to stop the other team from flagging as it would negatively impact their stats. Spot blocking will come to an end since nobody is going to spot block and watch their flags against numbers increase while their guild members score flags.

2) For TDM, my first suggestion is to switch the viewing angle of each opposing team just like it is for CTF. So instead of everyone rushing to the bottom of the screen for the better viewpoint, each team will start at their bottom, and will be on opposing sides of the map. Then when you spawn after being killed, you will spawn in a designated spawn area at the bottom of your map which will be the top of your opponents map.

3) For TDM, don't begin the game until both teams have 3 players. Otherwise those games break up too fast and everyone quits. You can sometimes play for hours without ever finishing a single game in TDM. This kind of change would help.

4) For TDM, after spawning you should have the safe bubble around you as long as you stay in the spawn area, the same as in CTF. This will give players the chance to ask their friends to join when someone quits, rather than having to quit in a hurry before you get ganged. Yes, I'm sure this won't solve that problem completely, but it would help a little.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-20-2014 at 04:10 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I like that CTF suggestion Energ. I am not expert on PvP at all but one of the reasons why I don't do PvP is that there's usually no teamwork, except guilds calling for more gangers to join.

That "flags against" would really need the team to split into attackers and defenders, it would be fun! (I think)

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Hopefully the new skills would be worth the wait. Next we need is more customization for our toons. New classes. New pvp maps. New unique procs. Something that does something new to the eye aside from the usual buffing it does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

A pvp map where everyone is against each other. Then instead of one single boss let there be quite a few too. The map cud look like a dungeon maze where 10 players cud go in and fight for their own survival. One who reaches 20 kills wins. I hope itll eliminate ganging cuz of the autoaim. I hope itll eliminate blocking and dummy toons cuz of the bosses scattered around to hunt each player.... Yeah that sounded crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I just want to see PvP fixed. PvE is always going to go in cycles. When it first comes out it's tons of fun, and then it becomes boring once the gear is over-farmed and we wait for the next update. STS can only add updates so fast, so we must wait.

But PvP is just broken right now. In CTF all you have is people flagging while most players stand around, congregate in groups, and anyone who tries to upset that with some actual battle is ganged and beat down until they leave. TDM is the only place where you can find an actual game, but unfortunately there is no "safe" spawn area, so as soon as one team has one more player than the other, everyone quits so that they won't be ganged.

So here are my PvP suggestions:

1) For CTF, replace the flags stat with "team flags". No need to reset people's stats or mess with the leaderboard. Just transfer the old flags stats to the new one, and starting now your flag count is the count of how many flags were scored on your team. When any teammate scores a flag, you get +1. Then add a new stat called "flags against". When the other team scores a flag, you get +1 to your flags against. So just like you have kills and deaths, you'll have flags and flags against.

This will result in CTF being played normally again. Everyone will want to help their teammates score flags, and everyone will want to stop the other team from flagging as it would negatively impact their stats. Spot blocking will come to an end since nobody is going to spot block and watch their flags against numbers increase while their guild members score flags.

2) For TDM, my first suggestion is to switch the viewing angle of each opposing team just like it is for CTF. So instead of everyone rushing to the bottom of the screen for the better viewpoint, each team will start at their bottom, and will be on opposing sides of the map. Then when you spawn after being killed, you will spawn in a designated spawn area at the bottom of your map which will be the top of your opponents map.

3) For TDM, don't begin the game until both teams have 3 players. Otherwise those games break up too fast and everyone quits. You can sometimes play for hours without ever finishing a single game in TDM. This kind of change would help.

4) For TDM, after spawning you should have the safe bubble around you as long as you stay in the spawn area, the same as in CTF. This will give players the chance to ask their friends to join when someone quits, rather than having to quit in a hurry before you get ganged. Yes, I'm sure this won't solve that problem completely, but it would help a little.
    Hmmm tdm with bubble and start when team has 3 players each.. Would be great no one can spawn kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Me think me like this.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    A pvp map where everyone is against each other. Then instead of one single boss let there be quite a few too. The map cud look like a dungeon maze where 10 players cud go in and fight for their own survival. One who reaches 20 kills wins. I hope itll eliminate ganging cuz of the autoaim. I hope itll eliminate blocking and dummy toons cuz of the bosses scattered around to hunt each player.... Yeah that sounded crazy.
    Its like Free for all TDM with more Elite Boss of this will be crazy hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I like that CTF suggestion Energ. I am not expert on PvP at all but one of the reasons why I don't do PvP is that there's usually no teamwork, except guilds calling for more gangers to join.

That "flags against" would really need the team to split into attackers and defenders, it would be fun! (I think)
    Its just players do not play capture the flag anymore

it would be better if its classic capture the flag.

My idea if STS record the Win and lose per Ctf game people will be force to play the old ctf and capture the flag.

Example: If you join a Ctf map - everything will be recorded in your stats - like CTF matches win and lose and if you leave the map it will still be recorded if you team win or lose that round.

By this way people will do there best to win it and play old classic ctf rather than just killing each other.