Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: More Shadow Cave Changes Coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

THEY'Re ADDING A VYXNAAR TO SPAWN VERY VERY VERY RARELY ON THE LAST STAGE. MOST LIKELY A SHADOWVYXNAAR. HE'Ll DROP A LVL 50 VYX HELM WITH PRO STATS! CINCO SAID IN THE CHAT BOX!! CAN't WAIT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    CINCO SAID IN THE CHAT BOX!! CAN't WAIT!!!
    Yeah, and Cinco also admitted to lying in posts as well to keep us on our toes
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

And yes... I lied (Sometimes I lie in the chat room, too.)

- Cinco
    Sorry Mystic.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay, higher drop rate for the win.

Check Out My Guild's Website: http://club-estraz.blogspot.com/
    *Private message me if you want to join the most rewarding and organized guild ever!
    MEMBERS: 90, ACTIVE MEMBERS: 87, MEMBERS WITH WARNINGS: 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Loved the new map and update. Best fun I've had in ages! Can't wait for more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Estraz View Post
    Yay, higher drop rate for the win.
    What higher drop rate??? Ran through all five caves and not a single person got better than a green.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    What higher drop rate??? Ran through all five caves and not a single person got better than a green.
    Not technically higher, but more chance of getting a drop.

NOT from 5% to 10% but 5% chance, twice. Again if I'm not mistaken. Since there are more bosses now I understand it that way. (Numbers are for example only, I have no idea what drop rates are)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

A shadow Vyxnaar helm?... Aww I was really really hoping for unique rare weapons like a shadow whip where the whip part was made out of shadow mist. That or like a shadow bow that has sharp spikes on the ends of it so it can be used as a melee weapon up close for high critical. Or like a shadow soul that just spins around a Enchantress's arm in the place of a doll/eye.
    Burning Whip of Soul's
    Pecked Soul Stealer
    Lost Spirit of the Shadow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    5 - More Multi-Boss Encounters / Tougher Bosses - I really enjoyed fighting pairs of Shadow D'Jinn. So I added several additional encounters with groups of bosses that are a bit more challenging.
    - Cinco
    Gotta say...the room we just spent ton of time going thru that had 2 D'Jinn and 3 bosses (witch, prince, demon) in ONE room was NASTY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the first guy which got a pink plz post thx
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    If VL has to be cleared, I think something needs to be fixed with the hosting issues in the caves. Keep the same host as in VL and perhaps if the host has to leave, the second person to have joined becomes new host?

And I may get a lot of hate mail for this one -- but if all of VL has to be cleared, I think something needs to be done to keep people from just popping in after it's cleared. Maybe only allow invitees to do so, once the original team is in the shadow caves? (so people aren't stuck with a 4-man team when someone disconnects). I dunno, not sure what can be coded in. But if you really want people to work to get to the cave, they shouldn't be allowed to enter cleared VL games.

Edit: I don't think shadow cave games should show up in the "join" list -- they should all be considered locked games and people have to invite friends if they need an extra person. That would also help the random pop-ins of unwanted guests, even if there is no host. I just think if a team is going through all this effort, they have a right to keep it a closed game.
    Good post, I agree with your ideas / tweaks 95% of time though. Alot of others nailed some good points too.

On a separate note

People feel the length of maps + pot money is not paying off just to earn same gear that many got for free ( in essence)

I remember my earlier days seeing people decked out in void or rift n thinking "wow that's impressive he/she must have worked hard for that!!!".. Which in turn motivated me and gave me a set of goals to look forward to accomplishing,
    However due to the accident ( or inside job =P )All the gear has already been seen and doesnt seem to represent any "elitism" if you will.. Kind of killed the caves for me. I really only felt one night of excitement on that map, which is a bummer because I had never seen so many people online on my buddy list as that night, after they ALL earned their sets that night they logged and haven't seen most of them since...

But what's done is done, I think a simple solution such as adding a few more items to the drop list would make a HUGE difference. Idk about everybody else but if there were possibly something like 3 more brand new weapons to fit in with sets I would go cave freaking cave happy and I know plenty of people who would join me!

This to me would make not only potting but remaking this map worthwhile, A whole new profit margin!! Done the right way!!

Just an idea!!!
    50 PureBird OLDGVETERAN / 50 WarBird OLDGGENERAL / 50 Pally OLDG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

yep that would be a good idea since we all have the elite gear.. so it would be really a reasn to play again....
    i wont play again so....
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgveteran View Post
    I think a simple solution such as adding a few more items to the drop list would make a HUGE difference. Idk about everybody else but if there were possibly something like 3 more brand new weapons to fit in with sets I would go cave freaking cave happy and I know plenty of people who would join me!
    I second that.

... and dont forget to add a set bonus, but instead of sparkles make us look like shadows!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36490&dateline=129449  1152

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My idea is that since this is the first true elite dungeon for high levels and it is hard to get in clearing VL takes a lot longer than rushing to the bosses which is what many of us did (clearing all VL feels noobish now). And after you clear it and you get the portal (if you get lucky) Bosses should have a better spawn rate maybe 1 pink per kill or have a higher chance. This is not supposed to be WoW where you need 4+ hours of play to complete a dungeon since this is a mobile game imo.

Also give us more gold from mobs and more trash items for make up for pots.

Also Hate set is worse than rift this doesn't go at par with the other two sets. Both other sets are better than their counterparts and hate is the only one that stands behind. Unless the bonus is super big it wont be worth it.

I do love the dungeon it is challenging but not worth the money spent on it at least for now.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I played caves after the update last night with Cereal and some others. Wow. Very Challenging. When host had to leave in cave 5 for "life happens" reasons, we were almost at the end where there were three rooms containing multiple bosses...level 2 (yes, 2) popped in and wouldn't leave. We asked very, very nicely and he wouldn't leave. So we waited, finally couple more guys left. More guys joined but since lvl 2 wouldn't leave, they left. No one wanted to fight witches, etc. with only 4. Everyone reported this guy but he said " I don't care, report me, I'm not doing anything wrong.....OMG Finally, me and some others that joined went in and killed Anubis....leech leveled and got a green drop......then everyone left (except the 3 lvl) because no one wanted to take on witches short handed.......DEVS, please, please fix this..........I play this game (and yes, I know it's just a game) for fun and relaxation but this type of thing is SO ANNOYING that it takes all the fun out...........Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cowboy, I'm curious -- did your game in VL start off locked?
    I only played the one game the night the caves were introduced, so can't really tell if hosting a locked game would keep these guys out from the caves.

I and others have given several suggestions to prevent things like this -- hopefully the devs will do something. IMO, even a lvl 50 shouldn't be able to leech/mooch off of people.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJim View Post
    I played caves after the update last night with Cereal and some others. Wow. Very Challenging. When host had to leave in cave 5 for "life happens" reasons, we were almost at the end where there were three rooms containing multiple bosses...level 2 (yes, 2) popped in and wouldn't leave. We asked very, very nicely and he wouldn't leave. So we waited, finally couple more guys left. More guys joined but since lvl 2 wouldn't leave, they left. No one wanted to fight witches, etc. with only 4. Everyone reported this guy but he said " I don't care, report me, I'm not doing anything wrong.....OMG Finally, me and some others that joined went in and killed Anubis....leech leveled and got a green drop......then everyone left (except the 3 lvl) because no one wanted to take on witches short handed.......DEVS, please, please fix this..........I play this game (and yes, I know it's just a game) for fun and relaxation but this type of thing is SO ANNOYING that it takes all the fun out...........Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm loving the low drop rates and three bosses in one room pops. Gives me a challenge and something to farm instead of guaranteed drops. My only gripe is what everyone else is saying, not being able to boot people when hosts leave. From a programming stand point, this shouldn't be too hard to implement. Basically a time stamp on party members, when max member leaves, jump to next on change of party. Hopefully the devs do this, because until then I'm just gonna party hop and hope for the best like everyone else. BTW, I was one of the peeps that jumped into that level 5 party with the 2 that wouldn't leave, then jumped out like everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDog View Post
    I hope this update is better then yesterdays... Thought it was really crummy that the portal was rare (Tried 25x before one showed up). When I finally got in, I was pissed to find out that most of the bosses where not around. And Even more pissed that all that was being dropped was the same as a typical Mummy/D'jinn in AO3. And with how much coins got spent on health potions and Elixirs... And to make it worse, the D'jinns got harder (in IV and V, it was a joke) with nothing being dropped.... Made the Shadow Cave not really worth playing since it was costing so much in coins... In the long run, it's much cheaper to buy the gear in the market then it is to go and get it yourself. It doesnt seem fair that for a while people got to loot like mad there and for those of us that where not able to play the game during this time (or was a high enough level to make it in), we get the crap-dipped short stick of the deal. (pardon my language). I wont be able to play until later tonight, possibly even tomorrow.. so I hope this new update that SpaceTime as put out is better. (I'm not going to spend real money, or even get spacetime more money from the tapjoy until I feel it's fair again. I hope it's soon or I may have to start giving it a low rating and no longer vote for pocketlegends)
    Well, I played (last night.. so if there has been an update since, I havent done it)....
    I am vary thankfull to the friends of mine that gave me the two death items I have... I am still yet to see the items drop, and still feel cheated that there are people out there that have a bunch of the gear and people who started after them get crap. Not to mention the amount of potions and/or elixers it takes to go through all 5 stages.

I think you should make the gear drop like it did in the past, and write off the 'rareness' of it as a lesson learned and work to make a new elite campaign that is hard with rare drops from the get-go. (and maybe a raise in the level cap to go with that). Thats probably going to be the only way to make all happy again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balgreta View Post
    ok from a fun point of view, we had 2 shadow witch's on the 3rd map.. in seperate areas at the end. one shadow witch also had a shadow prince and a shadow genie (i think genie) with her and one was solo with a few mobs.

we spent near 20k on pots, countless deaths but they all died in end... yeah it was fun because it was so hard, yeah it was super super annoying and pointless that we had to use over 25 hp pots or more each per boss (i was only mage) and yeah it was even more annoying not one of the 4 boss's we had on the 3rd map dropped anything more than yellow loot !!

btw first two maps didn't drop any pinks either.

So, we are almost there, the challenge is awesome, but the loot is dire - i personally wont be going back in there the way i feel at the moment - sure the hardness was cool but i do also want some reward for killing 3 boss's at the same time and another clone of the hardest boss in game by herself for no reward, it was a kick in the teeth for the 20k of pots that each player bought while we figured out teh kill order.

not to mention the 10man hrs invested into a game that is meant to be able to be done when you have a spare half hour. If i wanted long raids i would just play mmo's on a pc and enjoy better graphics tactics and rewards!!
    Agree 100% I did the same last night, and had a good few hours of play. In the end i bought the items,, after spending 50k in pots, countless hp and mana tank and dmg. ones. The reward, time and energy it was simply not worth it.

And don't even get me started on ppl who made hundreds and millions, who of course, want to keep the drop rate low. Yeah, I understand you, but this is ridiculous. There is a post of a guy who's done 45 runs and got lucky with a drop. Well me and my party, some with luck pots done the same. NOT A SINGLE PINK DROP for ANYONE. In 30+ long runs.

Fun, fun, fun.

The only plus sides are the challenge, but a challenge is worth nothing without a reward. For a challenge I'll play with no armor on some levels, hehe.

First, some of us who work really hard for equipment, rift, cyber, etc. had to see shadow items on almost every 50. Then they were practically gone, and the prices went up. I feel the devs went from one extreme to the other. First too many then too few (well, none)

I suggest a guarantee pink drop, to keep the party together, i see more green loot already appears, that's fine, to balance the money spent.

As others have said, this is a mobile mmo, if I wanted 4 hours runs ill play wow.(at least u get a drop there) But 4 hours runs, hoping the party sticks together, getting bankrupt in the process, and getting virtually no drops is not fun anymore.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played last night and liked the new changes. Got the portal on the third clear of VL; before clearing Mynas area if that matters to anyone. The Witch+Pince/Lord+Demon+Djins at the same time was quite a challenge (evil devs!) but found myself laughing more during play and saw many more of the "nice pull!"-"great teamwork!" comments.

Played about 4hrs with same party, until creator lost his connect on cave 5. Had a lvl 11 show up and refuse to leave. With a little creative work by my teammates, we finally got him out. One left but coordinated so that the original creator rejoined and could boot the 11. Then we were back in buisness; original party complete. Played a while more, but alas it was 2am and we still had 26 enemies to go. Maybe one of these nights i'll actually finish the caves

I love the challenge and necessity of different classes working together. Wouldn't mind a higher chance at pinks, but that's not what I'm going after. I like the game for playing and am happy with rare drops; kinda makes it more special when someone does get it. (Yes I did play first night, no I don't have complete sets).

^Lots of words, I know; sorry. Long story short, good job devs and thank you.