Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

still waiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shady and Surge can only be obtained through the lb?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Hi, Just to put in my 2 bits.

I spend some plat, maybe a few thousand a season. I know that I have a chance at loot from locked and I understand that this is % based. You are now moving to a system where I and many others can't compete even if we DO spend plat. I work and have a family, I also run a small guild in AL. You are giving out Arcane pets to the top leader board players.... So people that can divert 3 weeks into running the event CONTINUOUSLY have a chance to win? you have kept the pay to win aspect and now coupled it with an unhealthy need to play constantly for 3 weeks... Does this sound like a good idea to you? You used to have a system where, and I've seen it happen, a new player could do free downloads to get 15 plat and win an awesome arcane item on the first locked (which would then be stolen from them for 50k) now you are keeping more of the cool items for leaderboard players.

Please please keep the leaderboard prizes to vanity and banners, I have no interest in taking part in this leaderboard event as I have 0 chance of getting close, neither does 98% of the player base plat spenders included.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Foebegone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    Hi, Just to put in my 2 bits.

I spend some plat, maybe a few thousand a season. I know that I have a chance at loot from locked and I understand that this is % based. You are now moving to a system where I and many others can't compete even if we DO spend plat. I work and have a family, I also run a small guild in AL. You are giving out Arcane pets to the top leader board players.... So people that can divert 3 weeks into running the event CONTINUOUSLY have a chance to win? you have kept the pay to win aspect and now coupled it with an unhealthy need to play constantly for 3 weeks... Does this sound like a good idea to you? You used to have a system where, and I've seen it happen, a new player could do free downloads to get 15 plat and win an awesome arcane item on the first locked (which would then be stolen from them for 50k) now you are keeping more of the cool items for leaderboard players.

Please please keep the leaderboard prizes to vanity and banners, I have no interest in taking part in this leaderboard event as I have 0 chance of getting close, neither does 98% of the player base plat spenders included.
    The leader board pets are for those who are committed to the game and really want to GO FOR THE WIN!!!
    Arcane Legends is the most constantly developed STS game as far a I know, this event system is meant to be something for us to do and enjoy. Saying that you have no chance at getting the Arcane Pet is really just a waste of time because many many many players won't get that pet.

This is a game after all, enjoy the gameplay and don't whine about not having the best because not everyone can. If you buy thousands of plat be grateful you can buy plat, think about the non-plat users who see their chances of getting a mythic as the same as you getting on the top 10.
    Be grateful for what you have and enjoy the game.

After all, it is awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i have seen a 2 bears on ur stable remi dovabear, little bear u revealed d dovabear arcane ability and d passive ability, d other one its better thn d revealed one? pls publish d little bear arcane ability and passive ability thnx
    Last edited by Tonyja Tonyjaa; 06-24-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This is currently how Ursoth's Assault is set up, yes.
    Thank you for making this clear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    The leader board pets are for those who are committed to the game and really want to GO FOR THE WIN!!!
    Arcane Legends is the most constantly developed STS game as far a I know, this event system is meant to be something for us to do and enjoy. Saying that you have no chance at getting the Arcane Pet is really just a waste of time because many many many players won't get that pet.

This is a game after all, enjoy the gameplay and don't whine about not having the best because not everyone can. If you buy thousands of plat be grateful you can buy plat, think about the non-plat users who see their chances of getting a mythic as the same as you getting on the top 10.

no you are wrong the leaderboard is for an exclusive subset of the player base not committed players, maybe players that need committing . using incentives like this is not inclusive. locked are available to most to open via free game downloads so 90% of players get a chance however slim. I did not complain about not having the best stuff I complained about not having a chance at the stuff, I do not have the arcane ring yet I have a chance at it via locked.

Your premise of 'be grateful for what you have and enjoy the game' is also off, it is not for me to make do with what I'm given. I am the customer I need to see value in the product to keep paying when I no longer see value I will leave and seek enjoyment elsewhere. please do some reading on freemium games to understand the mechanics. As this is a thread to discuss the new content I have voiced my concerns that the game is becoming less awesome.

Sent from my device using an app.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foebegone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post

Its hard to enjoy something u have to spend 100$(more or less) or a crap-ton of gold to reach the top tier

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    Its hard to enjoy something u have to spend 100$(more or less) or a crap-ton of gold to reach the top tier

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Believe me, it's not the amount of gold/plat needed that matters this time. The more you farm portals, the more chances you get of looting chests and mythics. So the gold will always find a way to circulate. The limiting factor is the time you need to spend in order to get in the leaderboards and maintain your spot.

There will always be more people pushing to be in the top ten, and you won't be able to stop running until your eyes fall out. You wake up and think, "Oh god I fell asleep!" And then promptly go online and see that you've fallen behind in points. So you spend the day/night farming again, unable to eat or sleep regularly.

It's very unhealthy, and I hope STS actually does something about the max number of portals a player can farm per day, or cap on points.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    Believe me, it's not the amount of gold/plat needed that matters this time. The more you farm portals, the more chances you get of looting chests and mythics. So the gold will always find a way to circulate. The limiting factor is the time you need to spend in order to get in the leaderboards and maintain your spot.

There will always be more people pushing to be in the top ten, and you won't be able to stop running until your eyes fall out. You wake up and think, "Oh god I fell asleep!" And then promptly go online and see that you've fallen behind in points. So you spend the day/night farming again, unable to eat or sleep regularly.

It's very unhealthy, and I hope STS actually does something about the max number of portals a player can farm per day, or cap on points.
    Exactly this, its not about the plat or gold spend its about the unhealthy amount of time that is required to compete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Everyone seems upset about lb and 3 week duration to gain and hold a spot on lb,,,then maybe a good quick fix is to have the arcane pet reward granted to the top lb players for each week,and can only get reward once. This increases the amount of arcane pet awards, but doesnt flood al w/ shady and surge pet,,,,and also increases competition to gain spot on lb.

So in summary the event is 3 weeks im suggesting to have 3 sets of lb winners, once per week, and if the player has won the 1st or 2ed week they can't win again.

Its never going to be 100% equal opportunity but this would at least slightly level the playing field and open opportunities for more players, just my thoughts :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeokateva View Post
    Everyone seems upset about lb and 3 week duration to gain and hold a spot on lb,,,then maybe a good quick fix is to have the arcane pet reward granted to the top lb players for each week,and can only get reward once. This increases the amount of arcane pet awards, but doesnt flood al w/ shady and surge pet,,,,and also increases competition to gain spot on lb.

So in summary the event is 3 weeks im suggesting to have 3 sets of lb winners, once per week, and if the player has won the 1st or 2ed week they can't win again.

Its never going to be 100% equal opportunity but this would at least slightly level the playing field and open opportunities for more players, just my thoughts :-)

Good idea but I'd make it a sprint, 6h to get as many points as possible. can be repeated and your best score gets put on ldr board. Have it like a elixir once you take it the score is recorded. That way you get the same grind to get the best perfect score but at least people that work or have classes or are studying for exams can enter too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeokateva View Post

If they do it for a week then it would become like the goblin event. That still wasn't healthy. I should know Anway we'll see how this turns out. The rewards are greater now that the pets are arcane and there are 30 to be given away, so it feels more inclusive and doable for other classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thumbs Up. Dovabear is definitely much better than a lv 2 unstashable goblin ring
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's A...

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    Exactly this, its not about the plat or gold spend its about the unhealthy amount of time that is required to compete.
    Ditto. I won't have the time for it, unless I find someone to play it for me. LB rewards is always the extreme.

But it is fair. A definite reward for the most dedicated players.
    I think it is a good step away from the lottery factor.
    Last edited by flluby2; 06-24-2014 at 11:59 AM.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    Ditto. I won't have the time for it, unless I find someone to play it for me. LB rewards is always the extreme.

But it is fair. A definite reward for the most dedicated players.
    I think it is a good step away from the lottery factor.
    No, It isnt dedication, Its just they have free time. The others who work cant take a 3 week leave to get on LB though they want to.
    Last edited by yasshh; 06-24-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Retired.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to yasshh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Questions;
    How long is this event/was the goblin event? (June 4th - June 10th, found it out)

How many runs did it take to make it to silver/gold? ( I remember getting 10 something each run )

and.. how much would/did it cost to refill energy? (20 - 25 plat for 5 energy sets, found that)

thx

Edit - 2nd question remains
    Last edited by Daylax; 06-24-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warmechanix View Post
    exact date of the Ursoth Assault please? Anybody?
    its July 1st

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm only worried about how the crafting of new lockeds, new chests and energy elixirs will mix together. Hopefully it won't be so that we have to focus on only one of those type of craftings to get optimal gain from the event.

Love the chance of mythic weapons in the new chests (non-lockeds).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts