Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What comes next? New Mythic Armor & Helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I think it should be a quest that lets u craft a new mythic but u need 10 of each essence and a new item like a hunk of mythiel ore. Then it will be hard to find and takes 12 hours to craft like spirit chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    I like the idea of allowing players to get some good gear without popping crates but is hours and hours of grinding the answer? It would be better as a drop from a boss. That way casual players still have chance at receiving the item. Of course the more you play the better your chance. If you add an item that takes hours(days?) of game play to get and is limited to one month availability you will have the working class players a little bit tiffed. Who has hours and hours to play everyday. Even the way this current event is set up it demands a couple hours of game play a day. I don't want to see anymore time added at this point and I don't think my wife does either
    My suggestion has both elements to it. Drops from the boss and reward for finishing the quest.

It's nice to have some reward for working really hard and grinding that does NOT require luck. But if you make it too easy, then you cannot give a really premium item. So the only solution is to make it a really hard grind that most players will NOT complete. Otherwise the item will not be premium and will instead be very common.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Ok ok let me understand

Its gonna be sooo hard that "most players will NOT complete"

Learning from an AP's like elite egg crack in elite wilds i can tell you right now only the players with the top gear top pet top party will complete that epic quest for new mythics youre talking about.

What do we have here? another flashy best in game item for elitists and they cant even sell it like with crate/chest looted items cause they only get it once for finishing a quest.

Atleast with platinum theres a chance for all players who wish it to own it, same with elite gold chests depending on how good your gear is but it doesnt have to be TOP SHOT like in your super duper hard quest idea.

I say no, stg please... top players are already arrogant (not all but you can hear it in pvp) dont give them another reason to feel unjustifiably better than the rest.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Ok ok let me understand

Its gonna be sooo hard that "most players will NOT complete"

Learning from an AP's like elite egg crack in elite wilds i can tell you right now only the players with the top gear top pet top party will complete that epic quest for new mythics youre talking about.

What do we have here? another flashy best in game item for elitists and they cant even sell it like with crate/chest looted items cause they only get it once for finishing a quest.

Atleast with platinum theres a chance for all players who wish it to own it, same with elite gold chests depending on how good your gear is but it doesnt have to be TOP SHOT like in your super duper hard quest idea.

I say no, stg please... top players are already arrogant (not all but you can hear it in pvp) dont give them another reason to feel unjustifiably better than the rest.
    Nope, it will be more of a grind type of quest. Not one that needs the best gear, but instead one that rewards spending time. Imagine trying to farm 500 dragkins teeth..... something of that order of difficulty.

And I said they will be tradable. I suggest you read my post before commenting, because it is apparent from your comments that you didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Imho the next best thing shouldn't come from an event. We all heard about gear filtering but the only new item we have seen has come from the current event. I think the current Elite map loot should be re worked. Adding additional loot such as "off weapons". Example , we have always had Elite / Pink Daggers , Staffs and Swords dropping from Elite level bosses. Maybe it's time for Elite / Pink Bows , Guns and Sword and Boards drop from Elite level bosses. Ofc they would have to be scaled far below the Gold items we just got but higher than the Crate / Store bought off weapons that we are used to. As for the next "Big" item (s) , I think it's time for more Gold jewelry ... Gold Armor / Helm can come w/ the next Expand ....if there is going to be one at all.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nope, it will be more of a grind type of quest. Not one that needs the best gear, but instead one that rewards spending time. Imagine trying to farm 500 dragkins teeth..... something of that order of difficulty.

And I said they will be tradable. I suggest you read my post before commenting, because it is apparent from your comments that you didn't.
    I think maybe you didnt read mine... so let me just take you back to where i said they cant trade it cause they only get it once for finishing the quest.

Not that they cant literally trade it but they cant cause you can only finish the quest once and unlike a dragon bar this set is actually useful (not just in case you loot an arcane shard)
    The only ways to sell this set are

1. I got it from quest but i rather sell it cause i like whatever gear i have already.
    2. Use a kick *** alt thats strong enough or whatever to finish this quest, and sell the set you get on it.

My 2nd point is imagining grinding for 500 dragkins teeth sounds like a snooze fest. I can grind elites but im sorry i dont like the fundamentals of this particular quest.
    Last edited by matanofx; 07-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+1 on mythic idea, it's time for new armor, been the same for one to many seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    I think maybe you didnt read mine... so let me just take you back to where i said they cant trade it cause they only get it once for finishing the quest.

Not that they cant literally trade it but they cant cause you can only finish the quest once and unlike a dragon bar this set is actually useful (not just in case you loot an arcane shard)
    The only ways to sell this set are

1. I got it from quest but i rather sell it cause i like whatever gear i have already.
    2. Use a kick *** alt thats strong enough or whatever to finish this quest, and sell the set you get on it.

My 2nd point is imagining grinding for 500 dragkins teeth sounds like a snooze fest. I can grind elites but im sorry i dont like the fundamentals of this particular quest.
    1. There is no reason why the quest cannot be done more than once. In PL there were a few players who did the quest multiple times, a friend of mine did it on 3 toons actually. But I would suggest a daily quest where when you finish you can take the quest again. Yes, it will obviously take way more than a day to complete, but the programming for such a quest already exists in the game with the daily quests.

2. I'm not suggesting it has to be boring like farming dragkin teeth. I'm sure there are many much more fun and interesting ideas. The point is that this must be a quest that most players will NOT complete. You cannot have everyone in the game running around with mythic armor and helms, or else all the other armor and helms become worthless. So to keep some value in the elite legendary items, you must only have a limited number of players with mythic. So because of that, any idea for a quest giving mythic armor and helm must be difficult enough so that not everyone will complete the quest. I'm sure you can come up with some fun ideas that fit with that requirement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Why so many reference to PL? Let's play AL. "Play" infers that one is having fun. I'm an adult with kids and a job. If I can't grind 10 hours a day I don't get mythics with this system unless I buy from those getting for free? Doesn't sound fun. Maybe they'll make us all our very own quests to fulfill all our Arlorian fantasies in one fell swoop. Calling out for glitch free month long events "that most players WONT complete" seems odd IMO.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Why so many reference to PL? Let's play AL. "Play" infers that one is having fun. I'm an adult with kids and a job. If I can't grind 10 hours a day I don't get mythics with this system unless I buy from those getting for free? Doesn't sound fun. Maybe they'll make us all our very own quests to fulfill all our Arlorian fantasies in one fell swoop. Calling out for glitch free month long events "that most players WONT complete" seems odd IMO.
    This. Seriously.

The idea is well thoughtout, but you gotta get the "hard quest for good item" mentality out of your head. It's these kind of quests that will bring AL's fall in the long run. As Gorecaster said, people got lives dude. We need events like Tarlok. NO leaderboard. It just ruins the fun. I would know since I grinded my butt off in the goblin event, and if these kind of event keep coming, more and more people are gunna leave the game. Remember, people play games to have FUN, not for stress and grinding. Make another Tarlok event this coming winter, no one will complain. People had so much fun, none of this hardcore grinding that no one wants. I'm sorry Ener, but this isn't a realistic thing to do.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Sorry but I don't know where to put this...but I have a nub question...

What is the email address for sts support to lower ur lvl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    The idea is well thoughtout, but you gotta get the "hard quest for good item" mentality out of your head.
    You and other players have gotta get the "I must do everything that is thrown at me and I must have every single item" mentality out of your head.

You are actually complaining about the existence of leaderboards, even though there is nothing forcing you to even pay attention to them or participate in them. I just don't understand it. Just ignore them!

There is no reason why you must participate in every single event or quest. Just do the things that you enjoy doing. I largely ignored the Goblin event, and I am no worse off for it now. For some reason everyone feel compelled to participate in every single thing, so if there are too many elements to the game, or things that require lots of work, then people rage and complain they will quit. That's just dumb.

Do the things you enjoy doing and earn gold the way you want to earn it. If you prefer popping locked crates, then do that. If you prefer farming elites, then do that. If there is some item that comes from some other way, whether it be a quest or from the event leaderboard, then just buy the item from someone who is selling it using the gold that you earned doing what you prefer doing.

There are some lessons from real life that would serve everyone well. I'm a great music producer, and I own my own music label. Some of you who I'm friendly with know this. However, I'm really terrible at fixing cars and wouldn't know how to go about fixing my car if it broke. And I don't know the first thing about growing things on a farm. So I just spend my time producing music, I earn my paycheck, and then when the car breaks I pay the mechanic to fix it, and I buy my produce from the supermarket instead of growing them myself. Try using those lessons in AL. Do what you do best and what you enjoy, and leave the other crap to others to do. Just like a real economy with supply and demand, it will work itself out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Why so many reference to PL? Let's play AL. "Play" infers that one is having fun. I'm an adult with kids and a job. If I can't grind 10 hours a day I don't get mythics with this system unless I buy from those getting for free? Doesn't sound fun.
    It also doesn't sound fun for the poor players who have no plat that all the mythic and arcane items are only available in locked crates and the players who spend the most real money have them all. How about throwing the others a bone once in a while and giving them the very occasional opportunity to earn something rare and valuable by working hard even if they have no real money to spend. Do you think that is unreasonable?

And notice I said "rare and valuable". Rare means very few players have it. There are only 2 ways to make items rare:

1) You control the supply by making them luck based, like a drop or item that comes in chests/crates.

or

2) You make them a quest item where the quest will only be completed by a small percentage of players.

So far every rare item in the game has always been #1. I'm suggesting that for once we try #2. Not every time. Once in a while. Maybe for every 10 rare items, one of them be method #2. It would really make the game fun for a lot of folks who are always at a disadvantage.

I'm seriously tired of every rare item always being more obtainable by those who spend lots of plat. Can't we once have an item that is super rare (mythic or arcane) that can be obtained from hard work and grinding without luck being a factor? I'm not asking for every item to be like this, just once in a while let us have one that is like this.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-09-2014 at 09:48 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Or there could be almost mythic armour which would
    Be easier to farm and the mythic one which will need
    Lots of farming
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

This is called a forum. It's a place where people share their opinions, views and ideas. You very much would like all to agree with you but it just doesn't work like that. It's not a debate. This format is flawed and that's my opinion.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I'm seriously tired of every rare item always being more obtainable by those who spend lots of plat. Can't we once have an item that is super rare (mythic or arcane) that can be obtained from hard work and grinding without luck being a factor? I'm not asking for every item to be like this, just once in a while let us have one that is like this.
    this:

You and other players have gotta get the "I must do everything that is thrown at me and I must have every single item" mentality out of your head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Halo STS halo everyone, I Love Arcane Legends, and i have some suggestion about this next new mythic helm and armor:

Please make the NEW mythic helm and armor from the event like this thread say, but please make another version of mythic armor and helm, i mean like this, we can get a NEW mythic armor and helm from and event or quest or locked, but please make us can UPGRADE OUR OLD mythic armor and helm with some requirement, example of the requirement : do some quest, collect some token, and the old mythic helm and armor must be FULL SUPER GEM.

with this idea we can have two version of mythic helm and armor in game (make a difference appereance, really cool one please haha), you can make the difference in their secondary stats like this:
    REALLY NEW MYTHIC HELM AND ARMOR FOR WARRIOR: STR 60, DEX 25, INT 11 AND ANOTHER STATS LIKE DAMAGE ETC
    UPGRADED OLD MYTHIC HELM AND ARMOR FOR WARRIOR: STR 60, INT 25, DEX 11 AND ANOTHER STATS LIKE DAMAGE ETC

PS: THE STATS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, THE MAIN THING IS JUST THE DIFFERENCE OF THE SECONDARY STATS

Please consider this STS, I really really love Arcane Legends,

Sorry if my english is not good enough
    Thank you all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carel86 View Post
    Halo STS halo everyone, I Love Arcane Legends, and i have some suggestion about this next new mythic helm and armor:

Please make the NEW mythic helm and armor from the event like this thread say, but please make another version of mythic armor and helm, i mean like this, we can get a NEW mythic armor and helm from and event or quest or locked, but please make us can UPGRADE OUR OLD mythic armor and helm with some requirement, example of the requirement : do some quest, collect some token, and the old mythic helm and armor must be FULL SUPER GEM.

with this idea we can have two version of mythic helm and armor in game (make a difference appereance, really cool one please haha), you can make the difference in their secondary stats like this:
    REALLY NEW MYTHIC HELM AND ARMOR FOR WARRIOR: STR 60, DEX 25, INT 11 AND ANOTHER STATS LIKE DAMAGE ETC
    UPGRADED OLD MYTHIC HELM AND ARMOR FOR WARRIOR: STR 60, INT 25, DEX 11 AND ANOTHER STATS LIKE DAMAGE ETC

PS: THE STATS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, THE MAIN THING IS JUST THE DIFFERENCE OF THE SECONDARY STATS

Please consider this STS, I really really love Arcane Legends,

Sorry if my english is not good enough
    Thank you all
    No.
    Please, no more upgrades...
    Although, it would be fun to see not everyone run around in the exact same gear...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

You are actually complaining about the existence of leaderboards, even though there is nothing forcing you to even pay attention to them or participate in them. I just don't understand it. Just ignore them!

There is no reason why you must participate in every single event or quest. Just do the things that you enjoy doing. I largely ignored the Goblin event, and I am no worse off for it now. For some reason everyone feel compelled to participate in every single thing, so if there are too many elements to the game, or things that require lots of work, then people rage and complain they will quit. That's just dumb.

Do the things you enjoy doing and earn gold the way you want to earn it. If you prefer popping locked crates, then do that. If you prefer farming elites, then do that. If there is some item that comes from some other way, whether it be a quest or from the event leaderboard, then just buy the item from someone who is selling it using the gold that you earned doing what you prefer doing.

There are some lessons from real life that would serve everyone well. I'm a great music producer, and I own my own music label. Some of you who I'm friendly with know this. However, I'm really terrible at fixing cars and wouldn't know how to go about fixing my car if it broke. And I don't know the first thing about growing things on a farm. So I just spend my time producing music, I earn my paycheck, and then when the car breaks I pay the mechanic to fix it, and I buy my produce from the supermarket instead of growing them myself. Try using those lessons in AL. Do what you do best and what you enjoy, and leave the other crap to others to do. Just like a real economy with supply and demand, it will work itself out.
    +100

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The real issue with adding items that are only obtained through quests is the potential to anger your paying clients. Look at S+S for example. You have to grind endlessly to stay in the top 10 of lb. This has caused a pretty substantial uproar in the community. A long, hard quest is more or less the same type of thing. That being said if it is free to complete it is a different ball game. I think if you make a really hard, long to complete quest(free to complete) AND add the item to locks then everyone should be happy. The pay players can loot theirs from locks and the free to play players can earn them through a limited time quest.

Also, as a side note we all know that hardcore players feel the need to complete and play all aspects of a game. Put a real hard quest in and a lot of players will do what it takes to complete it. I know I would, even though I'd much rather not have to lol.