Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Follow-Up to the Nekro Questline Announcement

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Wise decision. I propose we bring Singe back to the original stats, pre-nerf. That should suffice, he's potent enough already.
    Switching his non-existant stun to a high chance to panic and maybe putting some passive panic would actually make him Arcane.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

1. very good decision, a new arcane ingredients now thats how it should've been.

2. Nekro shouldnt be nerfed now, give him time to mesh with the game after a significant amount of people have hatched him.

3. Singe possible stat upgrade: Singe shouldve been buffed a long time ago, look at all these new arcane pets compare to singe stat.. he is nowhere near them and Singe was the latest arcane pet before Shady and Surge days ago. Thats why Singe was so undervalued, compare Nekro and Singe 10m to a whopping possible Nekro 100m+.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

wow, a truly obtainable arcane pet..that many can use...if this new piece is purchasable with plat but still obtainable through the AH..its still a win in my book.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hahhh im so relieved now, thks sts, u finally listen to us, now i can enjoy da game as usual n take my time gainin bck my golds, thks again.

Oh, n its gd to know sts will b fixin singe soon^^ <proud owner>
    Thank god i didnt buy singe, n am sorry for people who bought dem
    Last edited by Sephiroth143; 07-25-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
    ~D S E P H~
    Your Most Trusted Buyer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awesome !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

whoever bought a singe egg is screwed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

This is constructive criticism, please STS don't be offended by it....

Why do you guys allow players to rage quit or make the vast community hate before changing your minds, this is a crazy business model.

To me, this just looks like whatever the decision the 'higher-ups' make, will happen, and no-one else in STS can challenge that decsion (maybe fear of job) no matter how ridiculous it is.

Please change the "we gonna do this regardless, until rage quits or we get hated" style of modus operandi. This game pays for your mortgages and salaries, not ours. Think about it or should I say.....STS what THINK!

A wise man once said....never put your arcane eggs in one basket.
    Last edited by Waheedski; 07-25-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: puts away the scythe, not needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    whoever bought a singe egg is screwed
    they have been to hasty.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Hmm taking out the singe, an arcane whelp kind of defeats the purpose of crafting or should I say "evolving" (like Pokemon) a new arcane whelp , so gratz guys they'll prob come up with a new kind of arcane shard and now this pet may even be
    More harder to get.. If they put an arcane component using tokens .. This pet won't be so "arcane" , so I'm pretty sure they'll come up with somethig that will still be found in lock crates.. Which I don't think is any different than having singe as component

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I posted this in many of the other threads, but I will repeat here...

Please make this quest difficult enough so that 3 months later the price of the arcane crafting component is not 99% the price of the nekro egg. That is how we ended up with the Arcane Ring, as the dragonite bar is worth 1% of the total price of the ring, while the Arcane shard is 99% of the price.

The idea here should be to make a new arcane pet that people can put in a lot of time for and earn. Because otherwise you might as well do away with the quest and just put Nekro Eggs in Locked Crates. Crafting an arcane ring now is pretty much a joke, because Arcane Shard = Arcane Ring. Might as well just have Arcane Rings drop from locked crates. The crafting components are worthless.

Making this a crafting quest only works if the crafting part is interesting. Otherwise it is just meaningless and annoying tasks which only a few players who happen to loot the Arcane crafting component will have to do, and nobody else will want to bother.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-25-2014 at 12:28 PM.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Yes I didn't check the forum, this is wrong there should of been an announcement in the chat about major changes with nekro. Many many ppl upset. Again.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredible View Post
    Hmm taking out the singe, an arcane whelp kind of defeats the purpose of crafting or should I say "evolving" (like Pokemon) a new arcane whelp , so gratz guys they'll prob come up with a new kind of arcane shard and now this pet may even be
    More harder to get.. If they put an arcane component using tokens .. This pet won't be so "arcane" , so I'm pretty sure they'll come up with somethig that will still be found in lock crates.. Which I don't think is any different than having singe as component
    Agreed. However, they could make an arcane component using tokens if the required amount of tokens was very high. There is nothing wrong with making this a total grind kind of quest. Make it take weeks/months. There is nothing wrong with that. After all, it is an OP arcane pet!!

It would be so much fun if we were all racing for weeks to see who could be the first one to obtain the pet, and how much gold or plat you had did not play into the equation as you could do quests for all the required crafting components.

If they want to earn some plat on it, then have this be a multiple stage crafting thing, where the crafting of each stage takes many days. Then plat players will pay to speed up the crafting at each stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Maybe let the component be obtainable with story tokens which costs about 750-1000 tokens?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Konviict For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Agreed. However, they could make an arcane component using tokens if the required amount of tokens was very high. There is nothing wrong with making this a total grind kind of quest. Make it take weeks/months. There is nothing wrong with that. After all, it is an OP arcane pet!!

It would be so much fun if we were all racing for weeks to see who could be the first one to obtain the pet, and how much gold or plat you had did not play into the equation as you could do quests for all the required crafting components.

If they want to earn some plat on it, then have this be a multiple stage crafting thing, where the crafting of each stage takes many days. Then plat players will pay to speed up the crafting at each stage.

They love to keep the pet as rare as they can , With this "high tokens" eventually majority of people will have ..
    Remember like I mentioned to u before ..if it will be dragkin teeth.. It will be farmed in normal maps by most people who can't run elite , and promotes macro users .. And eventually everyone will have this pet and not so rare anymore ..

Maybe elite teeth tokens .. Maybe just maybe

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

Funny how this turned out. One week ago nobody thought is going to be any Singe's fix because everybody had a better option in the stable anyway but when Singe become promising .... FUNNY , right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

What about the people who bought singe for 40 million based on ur announcement? A little forethought before u announce something can prevent a lot of problems down the road. I'm talking about the idea of using a singe in the original announcement and making it 3 days after the latest arcane pets were issued. This isn't the first time. Announcing arlor's would return and announcing new mythic weapons would be in old crates are two examples. Whoever issues these without thinking of the in game consequences needs to be held accountable (not you remiem, you're the messenger) because they are completely out of touch with the player base. We are people and have strong feelings towards this game. We aren't just plat purchase histories on a spreedsheet that is reviewed daily or once a week. Apologizes lose their value when they have to repeated so often.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konviict View Post
    Maybe let the component be obtainable with story tokens which costs about 750-1000 tokens?
    now thats nice O.O or even more...that would be awesome. 2-5k
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    What about the people who bought singe for 40 million based on ur announcement? A little forethought before u announce something can prevent a lot of problems down the road. I'm talking about the idea of using a singe in the original announcement and making it 3 days after the latest arcane pets were issued. This isn't the first time. Announcing arlor's would return and announcing new mythic weapons would be in old crates are two examples. Whoever issues these without thinking of the in game consequences needs to be held accountable (not you remiem, you're the messenger) because they are completely out of touch with the player base. We are people and have strong feelings towards this game. We aren't just plat purchase histories on a spreedsheet that is reviewed daily or once a week. Apologizes lose their value when they have to repeated so often.
    Spot on
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredible View Post
    They love to keep the pet as rare as they can , With this "high tokens" eventually majority of people will have ..
    Remember like I mentioned to u before ..if it will be dragkin teeth.. It will be farmed in normal maps by most people who can't run elite , and promotes macro users .. And eventually everyone will have this pet and not so rare anymore ..

Maybe elite teeth tokens .. Maybe just maybe
    Yeah, I hear you. In fact, some of the crafting components should probably be actual rare drops from elite bosses and not common and easily obtained items like dragkin teeth.

Also, you mentioned "eventually everyone will have this pet". How about putting a time limit on its availability? Make it a hard grind kind of quest, and put a time limit. Then not so many players will be able to get it, but it will give a chance to a different kind of player to get this prize instead of the usual plat spenders getting everything.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Maybe I'm just weird.... But where's the fun in running the same maps for months? I'd be more interested in a quest line with things where, let's say you get a quest and once you drop item x, you need to drop a drakin tooth from an elite boss within 10 minutes. You may get it on first try, it may take 100 tries. But just running the same maps over and over accumulating a rare drop doesn't make me want to log onto AL, it makes me want to find a game where there's some variety.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to FluidShot For This Useful Post: