Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We will never get buffed in pvp. :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, if he was able to adapt and overcome - it does make him the better player. After all, isn't that what PvP is? Finding out new ways to trump your opponent? I just pointed it out that he shouldn't be commenting when I and many others can attest to Madnex's superb sorcerer skills.

Anyways, back to the topic:

What do mages think about shield granting a stun immunity on top of shield's existing defenses. This would allow mages to avoid stuns and in turn dish out more damage + kite. Isn't the real problem this cap anyways that the mages are getting stunned far more? Let me know what you think.

Additionally, as mentioned before, lowering the shield cooldown time would also be beneficial. Lets face it, shield really only lasts 2-3 aimed shots. So, the cooldown is ridiculous for the amount of time the shield actually lasts. Therefore, 20-25 second cooldown is a reasonable shield time.
    I shouldn't commenting either then. Ok this was my last comment here.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

See, thing is, every class gets stun cancelling skills which effectively trumps the mages' best weapon in their arsenal - you got it, stuns.

Why don't WE have stun cancelling skills. The stunning class is the only class that can be stunned, oh, haha, nice joke sts!

A nice upgrade to heal could be debuffing opponents in range with small DoT similar to charged bulwark. This DoT then reflects back on the healed team.
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 08-30-2014 at 02:50 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Why don't WE have stun cancelling skills. The stunning class is the only class that can be stunned, oh, haha, nice joke sts!
    How about a skill that cancels the skill of cancelling stuns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    TDM LB banner is literally nothing. Most of the matches in TDM are undergeared players. In TDM, I can rack up 100 kills in 15 minutes. Now, multiply that by time needed. Pretty easy, right?

Additionally, not everything you previously said is correct. In your skill suggestions, you want your roots back. That's fine for 1-2 skills because then that gives you a window of opportunity for juggernaut or razor shield to wear off. However, anything more than that? You have got to be kidding me! You really want more skills to counter movement impairment skills that only last 5-7 seconds?
    u should tdm more often then. ur generalizing. and did it occur to u that the guy is a mage? i tdm and i see a lot of ring rogues and other classes as well. get off your high horse. sometimes it doesnt occur to u that he did it the legit way. who are you to say its nothing of achievement? srsly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I was gonna say something about stuns but then I thought again. Unless insta insists. :3

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Also, how about Fireball drawing enemies together when charged instead of doing a miniscule knockback. This means theyre in easy range of curse and lets you unleash your full AoE wrath!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

[QUOTE=shinytoy;1801533]Both classes struggle with this. In the other situation, the mage is sitting at the bottom and watches the rogue carefully trying to sneak his way down. The mage surprises the rogue from below with his fireball and the rogue is stunned helpless, meanwhile, the mage proceeds with rest of his combo and starts to spam weapon attack. When the fireball stuns wears off, the elon gun's root proc kicks in and the rogue is stuck again for a 2nd combo (and if no proc, you're still hitting him anyways). When the mage finally makes a run for his heal packs, bamn, you hit Samael's AA and he's stuck again for your final combo and this is usually good night. I don't know which is more frustrating, but I can't imagine death by 1,000 pricks is too pleasant to live through./QUOTE]

I see but i dont have Samael (ik stupid but its hard to get that money) ad with 400 dmg i have to spam each skill about 3 times too get enough dmg on the rogue to kill which means the fire stun is gone and my shield gone. but good strategy once i get a samael till then im ganna quit endgame.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I was gonna say something about stuns but then I thought again. Unless insta insists. :3
    I vote no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol add pataatin and scavio. This mage kills a warrior 1v1 eats a lot in guild wars. He uses curse light shield heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by senyormagica View Post
    Lol add pataatin and scavio. This mage kills a warrior 1v1 eats a lot in guild wars. He uses curse light shield heal.
    Yes becuse killing a rogue or war in 1v1 is possible woh only 1 skill. ( sarcasm)
    This only works in clashes and let's face it clashes never happen unless guilds fighting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts

Ummmm make ice stun (it used to) as much as fireball does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    You can achieve this with crawly, which you can even get for free from bards tale tokens.
    oh yeah forgot about his root aa. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Heal needs a buff of some sort. The range is fine already, the only upgrade anyone uses on it is empower.. I think what heal lacks is its upgrades since 2 of them are completely useless. 10 health regen for 10 seconds? 10 mana regen...you're kidding me right? It's like no one was thinking when they made it..it's so useless. Instead perhaps heal could increase armor by, say, 10% for a few seconds. Or maybe make all teammates hit with it immune to stuns since mages don't have stun immunity skills. Or heck maybe both! This is just a suggestion but it needs to be buffed somehow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    10 health regen for 10 seconds? 10 mana regen...you're kidding me right?
    Idk what you're talking about but these upgrades are useful. As an endgame smurf, I always use them (the health regen at least).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Idk what you're talking about but these upgrades are useful. As an endgame smurf, I always use them (the health regen at least).
    If we received damage from nox rogue, did 10 HP regen from mage heal helpful?
    I wonder that the damage poison from nox, is it equal as burning from fireball mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Anyhow, this topic is not about comparing people's skills and achievements so, on topic, here are some more overpowered suggestions:
    1)Cleansing Touch: Lifegiver being able to clear any debuffs on the team members under effect.
    2)Never Twice in Same Place: Lighting has 25% chance to fire two times simultaneously.
    3)Complete Reflect: Shield reflects 100% of the damage dealt in the first two seconds deployed.
    Number 1 i dont really care about but 2 and 3 are great ideas. I think the reflect is unnecessary though.
    Another thing is i noticed shield has a delay to protect you. Is this intended. I would like to see this fixed so that i can rely on the 2 sec invulnerability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    If we received damage from nox rogue, did 10 HP regen from mage heal helpful?
    I wonder that the damage poison from nox, is it equal as burning from fireball mage?
    It's not only 10 hp regening every second. Try go test it out. It's like having a second Samael.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

My biggest beef with being a mage is that we are 100% reliant on our weak shield. With a little skill we do have a decent chance against rogues; however as mentioned before, 1v1 any good rogue will find you at least 50% of the time before shield is cooled off. That makes keeping a positive score very difficult regardless of skill. Even more annoying is that the layout favors the player to the bottom of the map. If a rogue holds this spot, even if I am running around with shield charged, I am one hit dead before it can drop. Not being able to even begin to fight back is rediculous. If we had an equal chance in return this would be ok but I have yet to one hit a rogue on even my best lightning crit, whereas we take Aimed hits all the time.

Mage armor/health stats need to be set up in such a way that Shield becomes a compromise skill just as it is in pve. In PvE most players choose to not use shield 90% of the time in favor of more offense. Those who prefer the defence are aware that they are sacrificing offensiive capability for survivability. In PvP that is not a choice we get to make. Shield needs to be a choice for those whose tactics favor lifespan over dmg. As it is now we are dependant on shield for basic defense. This means that not only are we effectively using three skills to the other classes four, but we are also 100% vulnerable 50% of the time (cooldown).

Lifegiver is our second weak link. Since the Health/Mana over time options are usless in pvp and suicidal in pve they are rarely used. If these were changed to a percent bump on intital cast over the base amount and a HOT amount that scales properly with level then Lifegiver would be more viable. I feel rogues use Life Packs as much because they only have three effective pvp skills anyway asbecause they are looking for survivability. If they had four good offensive skills there would be more diversification and compromise in builds when building for 1v1 vs 5v5. When mages are forced to spec Shield and Heal just to take an opening volley, there isn't much left for offense.

Long story short: ALL skills for all classes should be a choice resulting in compromise. No skill should be a necessity just to take more than a single hit. Having Shield as such a requirement is not only extremely aggrovating for players but stifles creativity and build diversification.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    My biggest beef with being a mage is that we are 100% reliant on our weak shield. With a little skill we do have a decent chance against rogues; however as mentioned before, 1v1 any good rogue will find you at least 50% of the time before shield is cooled off. That makes keeping a positive score very difficult regardless of skill. Even more annoying is that the layout favors the player to the bottom of the map. If a rogue holds this spot, even if I am running around with shield charged, I am one hit dead before it can drop. Not being able to even begin to fight back is rediculous. If we had an equal chance in return this would be ok but I have yet to one hit a rogue on even my best lightning crit, whereas we take Aimed hits all the time.

Mage armor/health stats need to be set up in such a way that Shield becomes a compromise skill just as it is in pve. In PvE most players choose to not use shield 90% of the time in favor of more offense. Those who prefer the defence are aware that they are sacrificing offensiive capability for survivability. In PvP that is not a choice we get to make. Shield needs to be a choice for those whose tactics favor lifespan over dmg. As it is now we are dependant on shield for basic defense. This means that not only are we effectively using three skills to the other classes four, but we are also 100% vulnerable 50% of the time (cooldown).

Lifegiver is our second weak link. Since the Health/Mana over time options are usless in pvp and suicidal in pve they are rarely used. If these were changed to a percent bump on intital cast over the base amount and a HOT amount that scales properly with level then Lifegiver would be more viable. I feel rogues use Life Packs as much because they only have three effective pvp skills anyway asbecause they are looking for survivability. If they had four good offensive skills there would be more diversification and compromise in builds when building for 1v1 vs 5v5. When mages are forced to spec Shield and Heal just to take an opening volley, there isn't much left for offense.

Long story short: ALL skills for all classes should be a choice resulting in compromise. No skill should be a necessity just to take more than a single hit. Having Shield as such a requirement is not only extremely aggrovating for players but stifles creativity and build diversification.
    Thank you, for summing it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post

Put this in the new skill section in general discussion so they consider changing this.