Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: time for change

Robhawk

Yesterday evening showed it again... There will be no change!
    Its just you can fight them and you have backup or you dont! There is no honour, glory or respect at 75% of all tdm players at endgame! I really consider stopping the game because the fun factor becomes non existent! You join an empty room and 10 seconds later you are faced: 1 or 2 arcane mauls + arcane ring rogue and / or arcane ring mage, all equipped with samaels or other arcane pets and then the fight "begins"... Or 1 or more of the players in your team just dont fight and blockspot...
    Then a good idea is to leave the room? Yes it is... but when you have to leave 9.5 out of 10 rooms this way, there is somthing wrong and i get to a point where i think i dont want to spend my time with scum like this!

The so called "pros", or at least they think they are, i have to tell some of you: maxed gear n samael "earned" through platfarming doesnt make you pro!!! It makes you weeaaakk, every platfarmer is a weeaaakkk person with mental disorder! Fix your real life issues, delete your account make a new one and DESERVE YOUR GEAR !!!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-11-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Yesterday evening showed it again... There will be no change!
    Its just you can fight them and you have backup or you dont! There is no honour, glory or respect at 75% of all tdm players at endgame! I really consider stopping the game because the fun factor becomes non existent! You join an empty room and 10 seconds later you are faced: 1 or 2 arcane mauls + arcane ring rogue and / or arcane ring mage, all equipped with samaels or other arcane pets and then the fight "begins"... Or 1 or more of the players in your team just dont fight and blockspot...
    Then a good idea is to leave the room? Yes it is... but when you have to leave 9.5 out of 10 rooms this way, there is somthing wrong and i get to a point where i think i dont want to spend my time with scum like this!

The so called "pros", or at least they think they are, i have to tell some of you: maxed gear n samael "earned" through platfarming doesnt make you pro!!! It makes you weeaaakk, every platfarmer is a weeaaakkk person with mental disorder! Fix your real life issues, delete your account make a new one and DESERVE YOUR GEAR !!!
    i suggest you go pve for your own good. no trash no ganged no block no samael no backup, you only face boss and mobs you if you dont have arcane weapon or any, you can go brakenridge map, you can dominate all mobs and boss there. seriously.
    Last edited by hesx; 09-11-2014 at 02:04 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hesx For This Useful Post:

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hesx View Post
    i suggest you go pve for your own good. no trash no ganged no block no samael no backup, you only face boss and mobs..
    That's PvE system, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xeusx View Post
    That's PvE system, lol.
    coz he dont like the way people using arcane sets or arcane pet. so i suggest him go to pve no block no trash. thats only my suggestion LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I left PvP at the introduction of Nordr.

I simply got sick of all the nonsense. The ganging, the spot blocking, the guild alliance/wars, the non-stop bragging/crying, free flags only, don't kill my friend, etc., etc., it all just turned me off to PvP completely.

I thoroughly enjoyed PvP, but between the arms race in gear (specifically Mythic/Arcane gear and pets), and the childish, stroke my ego type of human nature that is far too common, I just decided it was best to focus on elites exclusively, since PvP is now ruled by your gear first, and your guild second. Skill and strategy has almost nothing to do with PvP anymore.

I made many, many friends in PvP during the early days. Got spanked thousands of times, spanked others thousands of times, enjoyed hundreds of fun matches, and generally saw PvP as a fun distraction to the main spine of the game. As the seasons wore on, the good, respectable players started leaving/quitting, and were replaced by infantile players that either see everything as "food", "guild war" or "ganger noob". The players that enjoyed a good, honorable matches, were replaced by players looking to exploit every possible advantage in order to boost their KDR, LB status, ego or whatever it is that makes them tick (see elixirs in PvP as a good example of this).

Digging back through my old screenies, I find good players like Irish, Lims, Iluv, Vys, Thren, Lady, who fought fair, and were willing to answer questions when you asked (after they killed you of course, lol). I credit the honorable old-timers with my Warmonger status, because they taught me most of what I know in PvP now. These days, almost nobody asks or answers questions, almost nobody is willing to help out, very few do any teaching....it's all about kill count at the end of the day, which is silly when most of these folk already have the Warmonger AP, so I just don't understand the reasoning for their behavior.
    Just came back from eternal slumber to send my deepest gratitude. Live long and prosper (hand signal)
    duck dynasty falls

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Gorenab check out Albion Online, it's a mobile/PC Mmo like Al, but it's based on skill not plat, and the community isn't full of nabs...
    Wow, it impressed me! Waiting for beta release.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by hesx View Post
    i suggest you go pve for your own good. no trash no ganged no block no samael no backup, you only face boss and mobs you if you dont have arcane weapon or any, you can go brakenridge map, you can dominate all mobs and boss there. seriously.
    PvE is no option because its totally boring... I allways liked the challenge of player vs player! When i think of the old Duke Nukem, Command n Conquer, Quake2, Quake3, CS and so on it allways was a challange and it allways was FUN! So what aimbot/wallhack nabs were in those fps is equal to all those platabuseNABS in AL with the difference, that you can see the use of an aimbot, the platabuse isnt obvious in first place! But hey with max gear you can bully the HONEST players... and then later on your name gets credits in threads like "best players at endgame". LOL
    Lets see what the singe buff will look like, when this sucks too im gonna fade out of all this.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-11-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Sadly the people who should be reading these threads are not on the forums to begin with.

I've been entering PvP now to support my guildmates and to pass the time and it very evident that you need to enter as a team otherwise you really can only rely on getting some quick kills early when a room is empty or hoping you end up on the right team.

Hopefully the game can survive long enough and sts can justify over hauling the PvP system to create some real balance and not just shift the balance from one class to another.

Its nice to see that mages can finally compete at end game, but rogues are still over powered when they can one-two hit just about anyone.

If sts is actually able to follow through with their tournaments and make them a regular event, you will start to see an improvement in overall gameplay, sportsmanship and quality players sticking around. Streaming matches will only enhance this as players and teams start to be recognized for their skill and not their ability to gang and trash talk.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Ladylunaix IIRC
    Oh, thank god.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Sadly the people who should be reading these threads are not on the forums to begin with.

I've been entering PvP now to support my guildmates and to pass the time and it very evident that you need to enter as a team otherwise you really can only rely on getting some quick kills early when a room is empty or hoping you end up on the right team.

Hopefully the game can survive long enough and sts can justify over hauling the PvP system to create some real balance and not just shift the balance from one class to another.

Its nice to see that mages can finally compete at end game, but rogues are still over powered when they can one-two hit just about anyone.

If sts is actually able to follow through with their tournaments and make them a regular event, you will start to see an improvement in overall gameplay, sportsmanship and quality players sticking around. Streaming matches will only enhance this as players and teams start to be recognized for their skill and not their ability to gang and trash talk.
    This guy is always right...I remember those days when devs/mods would read ur comments and be like...this guys always right.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

lol@pvp without kei I have to keep this alive o.O
    Last edited by notfaded1; 09-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Just came back from eternal slumber to send my deepest gratitude. Live long and prosper (hand signal)
    I like the star trek reference... :^}
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

17. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    lol@pvp without kei I have to keep this alive o.O
    Oh we still lol@pvp 24/7 :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I left PvP at the introduction of Nordr.

I simply got sick of all the nonsense. The ganging, the spot blocking, the guild alliance/wars, the non-stop bragging/crying, free flags only, don't kill my friend, etc., etc., it all just turned me off to PvP completely.

I thoroughly enjoyed PvP, but between the arms race in gear (specifically Mythic/Arcane gear and pets), and the childish, stroke my ego type of human nature that is far too common, I just decided it was best to focus on elites exclusively, since PvP is now ruled by your gear first, and your guild second. Skill and strategy has almost nothing to do with PvP anymore.

I made many, many friends in PvP during the early days. Got spanked thousands of times, spanked others thousands of times, enjoyed hundreds of fun matches, and generally saw PvP as a fun distraction to the main spine of the game. As the seasons wore on, the good, respectable players started leaving/quitting, and were replaced by infantile players that either see everything as "food", "guild war" or "ganger noob". The players that enjoyed a good, honorable matches, were replaced by players looking to exploit every possible advantage in order to boost their KDR, LB status, ego or whatever it is that makes them tick (see elixirs in PvP as a good example of this).

Digging back through my old screenies, I find good players like Irish, Lims, Iluv, Vys, Thren, Lady, who fought fair, and were willing to answer questions when you asked (after they killed you of course, lol). I credit the honorable old-timers with my Warmonger status, because they taught me most of what I know in PvP now. These days, almost nobody asks or answers questions, almost nobody is willing to help out, very few do any teaching....it's all about kill count at the end of the day, which is silly when most of these folk already have the Warmonger AP, so I just don't understand the reasoning for their behavior.

I feel you. I might be headed your route as well. I don't like CTF nearly as much as I used to. TDM, is slightly better but still, not as good as ol' days.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I have a very simple solution to the trash talking that some people might do while in pvp

Just remove the chatbox from pvp altogether.
    Problem solved
    You're welcome
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg:1824349
    I have a very simple solution to the trash talking that some people might do while in pvp

Just remove the chatbox from pvp altogether.
    Problem solved
    You're welcome
    Remove names until the end while we are at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Remove names until the end while we are at it.
    +1

This would help a lot.. it should just be Blue1, Blue2, Red1, Red2.. etc A lot of the talking/ganging comes from past experiences with a player. I know I remember when people are rude to me. Names stick. I still play fair and don't trash talk, but a little part of me is giving that person the evil eye. That wouldn't be an option if names weren't shown.

Other side to this is that people would treat it as a safety net to act horrible bc of the anonymity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    +1

This would help a lot.. it should just be Blue1, Blue2, Red1, Red2.. etc A lot of the talking/ganging comes from past experiences with a player. I know I remember when people are rude to me. Names stick. I still play fair and don't trash talk, but a little part of me is giving that person the evil eye. That wouldn't be an option if names weren't shown.

Other side to this is that people would treat it as a safety net to act horrible bc of the anonymity.
    +0
    if you remove your names, what if your ally or ur guildm8 is in the opposite side,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I used to PvP when it first came out but now when I join all I see is people calling me a "noob" etc. when they kill me, whether or whether or not I was ganged or on really low HP after a previous fight. This is really disappointing I mean PvP is literally supposed to be the most fun and jovial aspect of AL (My opinion). How about a 1v1 arena eh? I know this has been requested for quite some time and I think this will put aside all the negatives and turn offs of the group PvP.

If not a 1v1 arena how about adding a new points system? This can include:

2 Points per Kill
    4 Points per flag
    1 Point for every 1000 damage dealt ( The damage count lasts for the whole battle, not per life )
    1 Point for an assist kill ( Not counted to kills ), an assist kill will happen when you deal 10% or more damage on to an opponent but not kill them.
    5 Points for helping to kill Trulle ( Damage dealt must be at least 3500 )

The points will be added to the stats section of your Char profile and can possibly added to the Lb to give all the current players a chance to catch up on a PvP aspect. I think point AP's can be made as well however the main reason for this is so people have an incentive to play PvP TDM how it should be, Team V Team. Now, this might not reduce the ganging in fact it might increase it but that being said, how are we ever going to fix that any way? It's not like we can have a Psychiatric test before one starts PvP to see whom is mature and sensible and who is not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    We should get all the PvE players to start going into PvP rooms and farming these angry pvp nabs....
    Only if they could.