Thread: Mana shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Mana shield

When on earth did sts change the name of mana shield to magic shield? Lol I didn't even know it has changed since I never checked. I remember it used to say mana shield and now when I hover over it it says magic shield O.o.

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonoobish View Post
    When on earth did sts change the name of mana shield to magic shield? Lol I didn't even know it has changed since I never checked. I remember it used to say mana shield and now when I hover over it it says magic shield O.o.
    Sonoobish
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

when it was first added was just called shield, thats why oldies just say "shielding" but the term was rather vague, so they changed to mana shield, but since every class techically has mana controversy arose over why all classes dont get the skill, so they renamed to magic since enchantress is only really magical class, besides all of them being magical animal that wear armor and weapons
    expect change to "enchantress shield" soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarlan View Post
    when it was first added was just called shield, thats why oldies just say "shielding" but the term was rather vague, so they changed to mana shield, but since every class techically has mana controversy arose over why all classes dont get the skill, so they renamed to magic since enchantress is only really magical class, besides all of them being magical animal that wear armor and weapons
    Yeah I know all of that I just didn't recognize that it changed from mana to magic. It's funny how people still remember it being called just shield. When I started playing people were so confused about what it was supposed to do. This was all before pvp was even released though. I wasn't looking for why they changed it I just wanted to know approximately how long ago because I never noticed. Thanks though!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sonoobish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah I know all of that I just didn't recognize that it changed from mana to magic. It's funny how people still remember it being called just shield. When I started playing people were so confused about what it was supposed to do. This was all before pvp was even released though. I wasn't looking for why they changed it I just wanted to know approximately how long ago because I never noticed. Thanks though!
    i think twas the grand nerf of 2013 so a year ago or so

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarlan View Post
    Great post!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Yeah I know all of that
    Even better!

Fun fact: though it was called shield / mana shield back then, there was a glitch displaying the wrong name. That's why you can see "magic shield" in the old mage guides.