Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Bulwark please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
    To be honest curse isnt as affective anymore anyways. In a clash an offensive mage with lightning is very powerful. A lot of rogues took out nox and use razor. Curse doesnt touch us.
    Thank you, so 'if curse isnt as affective anymore anyways' as you said then it shouldnt be a problem removing from bulwark. Seems like we got a solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I don't think the bulwark is a huge issue. This weapon from what I hear gives warriors a chance at killing rogues which before was pretty hard. No class should automatically beat any other class. A rogue can kill a mage and warriors always kill mages. Every mage and warrior knows that this match up is always going to the warrior. When a rogue and warrior face off the warrior may win although the rogue usually does. When a mage and rogue face off the rogue may win although the mage usually does. A mage faces off against a warrior and the warrior always wins. This is where the unbalance is. The bulwark is fine but mages do need something added to them to have a chance against warriors. Warriors should win 70% of the time but not 100%. My post is based on equal geared and skilled players. I realize mages can kill warriors that don't know how to play or come in naked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Thank you, so 'if curse isnt as affective anymore anyways' as you said then it shouldnt be a problem removing from bulwark. Seems like we got a solution.
    yes. If curse isnt a problem why remove it? You literally just contradicted yourself xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    I don't think the bulwark is a huge issue. This weapon from what I hear gives warriors a chance at killing rogues which before was pretty hard. No class should automatically beat any other class. A rogue can kill a mage and warriors always kill mages. Every mage and warrior knows that this match up is always going to the warrior. When a rogue and warrior face off the warrior may win although the rogue usually does. When a mage and rogue face off the rogue may win although the mage usually does. A mage faces off against a warrior and the warrior always wins. This is where the unbalance is. The bulwark is fine but mages do need something added to them to have a chance against warriors. Warriors should win 70% of the time but not 100%. My post is based on equal geared and skilled players. I realize mages can kill warriors that don't know how to play or come in naked.
    I remember 2 of those who liked this thread were trolling me before. When I created a thread about "Some benefits for Non Plat users". I said, it's impossible to kill arcane rogues and bla bla. They said, PvP needs SKILLS , not the GEAR. So my question," Where did your skills go? Just learn to play , or try to use SKILLS".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

yes. If curse isnt a problem why remove it? You literally just contradicted yourself xD
    Lol, you said that curse isnt a problem, not me. XD

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Bulwark war with SnS? If I'm that warrior I'll go VB, JUGG, HoR, RallyCry and Charged DPS any sorc I meet FTW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Lol, you said that curse isnt a problem, not me. XD
    It isnt a problem so why are you complaining in the first place? You are making negative sense sir lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Not sure why everyone is saying this is so easy to avoid, warriors have the longest range skill (axe throw) which also stuns and pulls their opponent within melee range, combined with SS this is making it actually impossible to avoid. With top gear a mage will have around 6% dodge you'll be missing maybe 1/20 times. impossible to 'kite' these warriors with those skills lol. so please elaborate on how attack a warrior when none of my skills will hit with staying out of their axe throw range, when the whole fight they use SS to chase you and axe to pull you?..also im pretty sure both of these skills stun giving you ample time to charge for 1 second.

Hali is talking about 0 sec cd because after the curse is gone, a warrior can curse again immediately, also having 4 skills available to use. No gun proc, misty, curse or anything will save u in this situation. only option is to run and countdown their jugg hope they chase u and try again...if u havent already wasted your shield.

I'm pretty sure the proc rate on it isnt intended to be 100% as it is now, otherwise a mythic gun might proc 100% of the time on charge and i think you'd see a thread filled with warriors complaining about how they cant move rather than this. At least if the proc had a chance rate, like it should, there would be an easier solution to counter this and maybe some mages could still have a fighting chance.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

A mage is able to use time skill and effortlessly plug slowed opponents with the hard hitting curse. But in the same way curse for mage works if warrior procs curse just don't sttack until the curse falls and avoid coming to close to warrior to avoid it again. Just up your playing don't try to make people overly weak (OW) just because you can't stay away from a warrior with sexy bulwark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    I remember 2 of those who liked this thread were trolling me before. When I created a thread about "Some benefits for Non Plat users". I said, it's impossible to kill arcane rogues and bla bla. They said, PvP needs SKILLS , not the GEAR. So my question," Where did your skills go? Just learn to play , or try to use SKILLS".
    Its a game of roles. Nearly everyone on forum just try to pull the favour to their sides and when they have nothing to gain or lose roll their mouths.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-19-2014 at 01:01 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

@ Arry I believe you are talking about a super pro pvp warrior because I don't use axe throw or jugg and I get slayed and rarely get kills. If they are pro warrior yes they should be able to rock your world just as I'm sure you (or pro rogue) would rock my world if I tried to pvp you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I too have seen the destructive reflect of bulwark proc but come on, there's no need to nerf anything here just adapt, use different strategies. Why must everything be done with shield fire light ice? If you really want a chance as mage vs bulwark warrior, gale/light/ice/shield/heal works. Remove the DoT's and you're getting somewhere.
    I never use DoT anymore vs warrior, and still my HP drops like I'm clocking someone with DoT while cursed. The only strat here is to avoid melee range, but the warrior's bound to get you eventually.

Bulwark being OP? I personally have no problem with that. Giving warriors a mage skill that is buffed 100x? That, I do have a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arry View Post
    Not sure why everyone is saying this is so easy to avoid, warriors have the longest range skill (axe throw) which also stuns and pulls their opponent within melee range, combined with SS this is making it actually impossible to avoid. With top gear a mage will have around 6% dodge you'll be missing maybe 1/20 times. impossible to 'kite' these warriors with those skills lol. so please elaborate on how attack a warrior when none of my skills will hit with staying out of their axe throw range, when the whole fight they use SS to chase you and axe to pull you?..also im pretty sure both of these skills stun giving you ample time to charge for 1 second.

Hali is talking about 0 sec cd because after the curse is gone, a warrior can curse again immediately, also having 4 skills available to use. No gun proc, misty, curse or anything will save u in this situation. only option is to run and countdown their jugg hope they chase u and try again...if u havent already wasted your shield.

I'm pretty sure the proc rate on it isnt intended to be 100% as it is now, otherwise a mythic gun might proc 100% of the time on charge and i think you'd see a thread filled with warriors complaining about how they cant move rather than this. At least if the proc had a chance rate, like it should, there would be an easier solution to counter this and maybe some mages could still have a fighting chance.
    1. Axe throw has 7 second cooldown, isn't it? And what your saying, warrior can use his charged bulwark just after the axe throw, it's NOT possible. Takes 1.5 seconds to charge and these 1.5 seconds are enough to move far, isn't it? Why bringing S&S again? It's about the bulwark, not S&S. FYI S&S ability has a cooldown as well. Btw , what about not using your skills when the "curse" proc is on you? Use "SKILLS".

2) Gun's proc has root, which can't be avoided and our juggernaut doesn't work on it as well. That root couldn't be avoided and yet it's a rare proc, not much rare BTW.Use "SKILLS" and don't attack when you're under curse. Oh well, you talking about jugger? If a warrior uses jugger, he would be out of mana very fast, just wait when he's out of mana and use "SKILLS".

3) It is intended to be 100%, as it can be avoided whereas myth gun's proc can't be avoided. Just accept the fact, Mages can't kill equal geared warriors, even if you use those "SKILLS".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I never use DoT anymore vs warrior, and still my HP drops like I'm clocking someone with DoT while cursed. The only strat here is to avoid melee range, but the warrior's bound to get you eventually.

Bulwark being OP? I personally have no problem with that. Giving warriors a mage skill that is buffed 100x? That, I do have a problem.
    Your problem may come from the DOT from your pet, even pets auto-attack gives damage to you from the bulwark curse as i understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The warrior curse isn't close to mage curse that's a pretty absurd comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It isnt a problem so why are you complaining in the first place? You are making negative sense sir lol.
    Heh, read your comments again pls. Seems like you are alone with your opinion here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I'm confused. Are you saying I trolled a thread of yours before? You must be mixing me up with someone else. I never do that, and always respect players posts. Also, I have never made a post saying that skill outweighs gear. I've literally been doing endgame pvp for 4 days and I see how much gear matters. Arcane ring rogues do insane crit damage. Any arcane ring wearer does. Legendary players have the same problem with full mythic gear players. Gear matters a great deal in pvp. A skilled player with better gear will kill a lesser geared player with equal skill.

I'll also reiterate that the bulwark isn't really a problem but mages do need some sort of buff to have a chance at fighting warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

If bulwark gets nerfed. I say mythic Gun loses its root and mythic bow loses 50 dmg. Seems fair imo seeing how the other weapons are insanely op

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

1. Axe throw has 7 second cooldown, isn't it? And what your saying, warrior can use his charged bulwark just after the axe throw, it's NOT possible. Takes 1.5 seconds to charge and these 1.5 seconds are enough to move far, isn't it? Why bringing S&S again? It's about the bulwark, not S&S. FYI S&S ability has a cooldown as well. Btw , what about not using your skills when the "curse" proc is on you? Use "SKILLS".

2) Gun's proc has root, which can't be avoided and our juggernaut doesn't work on it as well. That root couldn't be avoided and yet it's a rare proc, not much rare BTW.Use "SKILLS" and don't attack when you're under curse. Oh well, you talking about jugger? If a warrior uses jugger, he would be out of mana very fast, just wait when he's out of mana and use "SKILLS".

3) It is intended to be 100%, as it can be avoided whereas myth gun's proc can't be avoided. Just accept the fact, Mages can't kill equal geared warriors, even if you use those "SKILLS".

Firstly i didn't mention SnS once in my previous post, not sure where you magically saw me bring this up. With axe throw & skyward smash combination im guaranteed to be stunned which gives a warrior plenty of time to charge one attack even if you cant move for one second. Secondly, The root lasts 2-3 seconds which is nothing for a warrior to take some damage IF that proc is lucky enough to occur, also your immobilized but u can still use skills to pull your opponent.

Being equally geared or not isnt the issue im addressing, its a warriors ability to stun easily pull the opponent, or jump to, and curse. Dont act like you dont use juggernaut i know for a fact 90% of warriors use it and have no problem with mana vs a mage, perhaps if u have a mage, u could show us these skills that are used to counter that combination id be more than willing to use my noob warrior to test it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    If bulwark gets nerfed. I say mythic Gun loses its root and mythic bow loses 50 dmg. Seems fair imo seeing how the other weapons are insanely op
    Lets say, bulwark nerf and mages arcane weapon dont get buff either, deal ok?