Thread: Suggestions on. KDR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Suggestions on. KDR

I don't know if this has been put up before but I would like to add a small suggestion with regard the KDR.
    In PvE, when the experience points option is turned off, death of player still counts while the kills doesn't. If that is the case, I don't think it would be an issue to count kills as well. Or rather, don't count deaths as well as kills. I do not see any logic in counting deaths when kills aren't accounted for.

Same thing in PvP, when we leave fights or gets disconnected, our death still counts. Please undo it. Same case, I see no logic.

Small issues, but it may matter to some who are super conscious about their KDRs. Don't think it would be a hard thing for STS to give some thoughts on the above-mentioned points.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    I don't know if this has been put up before but I would like to add a small suggestion with regard the KDR.
    In PvE, when the experience points option is turned off, death of player still counts while the kills doesn't. If that is the case, I don't think it would be an issue to count kills as well. Or rather, don't count deaths as well as kills. I do not see any logic in counting deaths when kills aren't accounted for.

Same thing in PvP, when we leave fights or gets disconnected, our death still counts. Please undo it. Same case, I see no logic.

Small issues, but it may matter to some who are super conscious about their KDRs. Don't think it would be a hard thing for STS to give some thoughts on the above-mentioned points.

Thank you.
    A Lvl 41 character Who cared about kdr could turn of xp, and never get deaths this Way. If it was restricted to lvl 15 and lower or something like that i agree though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

It's to prevent players from disabling death count in Elites (where most of the deaths come from). It also motivates the players to avoid dying.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think you got me. Xp gain turned off=death counts, kill doesn't count. Xp gain turned off should be either death and kills don't count, or deaths and kills both counts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I don't think you got me. Xp gain turned off=death counts, kill doesn't count. Xp gain turned off should be either death and kills don't count, or deaths and kills both counts.
    I totally understood what you are saying. But you'd have people turning on xp/kills/deaths in easy, kill-farming dungeons, but turning off xp/kills/deaths in elites or the arena to prevent their death count from stacking up.

This would really instill a sense of "why should i avoid dying?".

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Yes. clarified it..
    I think the dead still countable, I'll check it soon on certain maps and elites.